Bug Reports v4 -- POST BUGS HERE https://www.smogon.com/forums/ps-bug-report-form/

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8metronomebattle-1670956255-gu6u7t861uiuigvogc6h99krbmxms91pw

Refrigerate multi-attack doesn't become ice type.
As shown in this battle on turn 3, I have the refrigerate ability on Glastrier, but multi-attack stays normal type. To prove I have refrigerate, you can see crush grip becoming ice type on turn 12.

I faced the same problem when aerilate Landorus-T draws the move multi-attack through metronome, although I don't have any prove of that instance.

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, Multi-Attack is supposed to ignore type changes from the -ate abilities (Karthik)

Last edited by a moderator:
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8randombattle-1674255937 the move g max befuddle is said to give the opponent either poison paralasys or sleep but in the game that i played it didnt give the opposing pokemon any status affect

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, if G-Max Befuddle happens to pick a status condition it can't apply to the opponent (e.g. paralysis vs an Electric-type or sleep when Sleep Clause mod is active) then it will appear as if it hasn't picked anything (DaWoblefet)

In ADV i think vital throw is wrong coded, i havent found any changes with the move across the gens. It has 100% acc instead having "-" so it can miss sometimes. replay (T32)
Move in PS

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this is correct behavior; even though Vital Throw has 100 accuracy in Gen 3, it still always hits (DaWoblefet)
1664556824620.png

1664556842935.png

Emergency exit activates after consumption of a health-restoring berry even if the berry raises Golisopod's HP above 50% before the end of the turn. This behaves differently in the official games. In the games golisopod's emergency exit will only activate if their health is under 50% AFTER healing. (from items, NOT life stealing moves such as leech life)

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (SERVER) this is one of many known bugs with Emergency Exit's activation timing (DaWoblefet)

PociekMociek

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
OMPL Champion
When playing games with Don't allow spectators setting turned on the server can generate room names that can't be invited into
ex: i got a game at https://play.pokemonshowdown.com/ba...-1675066470-pjrs32vil74qh7jajhgy0zaqfp3fggtpw but while trying to invite i got a " Please do not say 'fggt'. " message

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) it's accidentally thinking the battle URL contains a slur (DaWoblefet)

Murm

formerly Murman
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
I think there is a bug related to Toxic in RBY and GSC. In gens 1 and 2, Toxic damage activates after a Pokemon moves, not at the end of the turn like in later generations. PS shows how much the next toxic tick will do, but if a Pokemon that is slower than the opponent uses Toxic, it will show the damage as if it was the turn after. As an example:

An Alakazam uses Psychic on a Chansey, and the Chansey uses and lands Toxic

Old Gens mechanics don't have Alakazam take damage here.

When you can choose your move turn two, if you hover over the Alakazam, it says that Toxic will do 12%, however when the turn happens and when Alakazam takes the toxic damage, it takes 6%. The 6% is right, its just how the display works.

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen11v1-1676052907-m831lym15a5fe4uonjzqh4y9tue7zmapw
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen21v1-1676050433-jezl8jaahsx8s3o46dacgdtpnd9qyc8pw

Idk how much these replays will help, when I have more time I might try to get a screen recording of this, though it is easy to replicate. Tysm.

Screenshot (185).png
Screenshot (186).png
Screenshot (187).png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), thanks for the detailed report! (DaWoblefet)

Gen 8 BSS Teambuilding is a huge headache

1664903360406.png

1664903427681.png

???
Probably some dubious inheritance error.

This is not just for roost either. Toxic is equally as frustrating to slot in BSS from the teambuilder.

1664904206625.png

Hope this can get fixed quickly, considering this is the current gen.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, same issue happens for VGC in the teambuilder. Both only allow Pokemon obtained in the generation they are played in (DaWoblefet)

I think it's a bug but I might be wrong or picky.

I created this Togekiss and I think it shouldn't be legal since it is female and shiny and knows the move detect which should be a transfer-only move from generation 2. In that generation shiny values are calculated differently and pokemon that have 1 in 7 chances of being female shouldn't be able to be both female and shiny at the same time so Togekiss shouldn't be able to have that move being female and shiny.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - LEGALITY, see this section on Bulbapedia for a good explanation (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

This is super minor, but clicking the "Guessed Spread" button in the Gen 1 Teambuilder changes the "Spc" for Special to "SpA" for Special Attack in the stat spread screen next to the selected moves.

Edit: fixed a typo

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER (DaWoblefet)

Attachments

Tico

Heart of the Mountain
is a Social Media Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Got a "Pokemon Showdown crashed!" notification after using "/sampleteams removecategory nationaldexmonotype, electric".

Adding some additional context - a subsequent command of /sampleteams removecategory gen8nationaldexmonotype, electric worked. There were teams for that format in that category prior to running both commands.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - CHAT (SERVER) (DaWoblefet)

For whatever an eternatus that’s shiny is turned away from the teambuilder despite getting an event and being legal on another team

BUG STATUS: NOT A BUG, at least not server side. From what I can tell in the screenshots, the Eternatus in the first picture has 0 atk ivs, while the Eternatus in the second picture has 31 atk ivs. The shiny Eternatus event has 31 ivs in every stat, which is what makes the first one illegal and the second one legal. (Karthik)

Attachments

There's a bug in the teambuilder with ditto.
If you don't change the hidden power from the default option (dark), the hidden power you're gonna get is going to be always dragon.
This fixes itself when you manually change the hidden power in the teambuilder.

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - TEAMBUILDER, for whatever reason, Ditto's default IVs are 31/30/31/31/31/31 (DaWoblefet)

/learn with hidden abilities seems to return results inconsistent with what can be legitimately obtained.

/learn pikachu, followme, hidden:
Screenshot 2022-10-12 092213.png
Pikachu can only learn Follow Me from a Gen 3 event, which due to being from Gen 3, cannot have its hidden ability. However, move compatibility with hidden abilities should not be a problem in Gen 8 due to the Ability Patch, and so origins from Gens 3 and 4 should be returned.

/learn pikachu, extremespeed, hidden, gen7:
Screenshot 2022-10-12 092915.png
This is a false positive. This event Pikachu was not given with its hidden ability, and so should not be able to have its hidden ability until Gen 8. It seems as if the hidden parameter only removes Gen 3 and 4 origins and does not attempt to check if the events are valid.

"Stat boosts must be preceded with `boosts` , and stat-lowering moves with `lowers `; e.g., `boosts attack` searches for moves that boost the Attack stat of either Pokémon."

This is part of the /ms description. The part here that is mainly relevant is lowers and either Pokémon.

Each of the /nms lowers [stat] command is missing the following:

Attack: Superpower
Defense: Clanging Scales, Close Combat, Dragon Ascent, Hyperspace Fury, Scale Shot, Superpower, V-Create
Special Attack: Draco Meteor, Fleur Cannon, Leaf Storm, Overheat, Psycho Boost
Special Defense: Close Combat, Dragon Ascent, V-Create
Speed: Curse, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, V-Create

"Stat boosts must be preceded with `boosts` , and stat-lowering moves with `lowers `; e.g., `boosts attack` searches for moves that boost the Attack stat of either Pokémon."

This is part of the /ms description. The part here that is mainly relevant is lowers and either Pokémon.

Each of the /nms lowers [stat] command is missing the following:

Attack: Superpower
Defense: Clanging Scales, Close Combat, Dragon Ascent, Hyperspace Fury, Scale Shot, Superpower, V-Create
Special Attack: Draco Meteor, Fleur Cannon, Leaf Storm, Overheat, Psycho Boost
Special Defense: Close Combat, Dragon Ascent, V-Create
Speed: Curse, Hammer Arm, Ice Hammer, V-Create

This bug also extends to several moves which boost stats, such as Skull Bash, Stockpile, Gear Up, Rototiller, Flower Shield, Stuff Cheeks, and Rage.

Geysers

not round
is a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
you can filter items by fling base power but you can't sort them:
1665726863976.png
I assume this is unintentional since afaik all the other parameters that you can filter by are also sortable.

Bobsican

NatDex Ubers TL
is a Top Tiering Contributor
Continued from here

Anyways, it has come to attention that there may be an unintended information leak in PS, as there's seemingly some "hidden" code that allows extensions like Showdex to reveal the ability of the opponent when that'd be an illegal detail, for more details I'm just going to quote myself:

Say, Core Enforcer suppresses abilities, if a Imposter mon switches into the suppressed mon afterwards, hovering on it will just say that its ability is "(suppressed)", however, while it effectively has no ability, the ability the user would have appears in Showdex, which is relevant as one of the main appeals of Imposter is scouting the opponent's set, and being able to see more than in normal circumstances with Showdex can easily raise red flags, unless the capability to see the ability the user would have in such cases is just a feature yet to be added to Pokémon Showdown.
Here's a replay where that happens, and here's a screenshot for clarity:

2022-10-14.png

BUG STATUS: CONFIRMED - MECHANICS (CLIENT), although the Ability is suppressed, it should be viewable at all times - you can always view your own Ability. Showdex is taking advantage of the fact that the server is sending the correct protocol, but the client is being buggy and not displaying what the Ability in fact is. This information should be known (DaWoblefet)

visual bug:

when playing against zoroark, at some point all the revealed infos about zoroark + pokemon it imitates just vanish and leave a blank field. things had been revealed from both pokemon (zoroark / zapdos) as you can see in battlechat (+ more earlier but this is already proof enough) and were shown regularly but when my opponent switched between the two, all info vanished.

i'd assume this is not intended.

BUG STATUS: NEEDS MORE INFO, the particular replay for this to be reproduced (DaWoblefet)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)