Bulky Offense Returns!

You thought it was dead. With all the Genesects and Politoeds, Bulky offense has no place in the metagame. Until now.

Bronzong @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Atk / 80 Def / 92 SDef
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic

I know what you're saying. Hey! Bronzong? Dafuq? A UU in OU? Why not Jirachi? Well, Bronzong actually has some advantages over its Steel-Psychic compatriate. Firstly, Zong has a mere one weakness, which is Fire, compared to the two weaknesses of Jirachi. Also, Zong's Defense and Special Defense are 16 points higher than Rachi's, making it a superior pivot switch. This Bronzong is also my Stealth Rocker, as it makes a phenominal bulky SR setter. Toxic is good at wearing down those walls who cannot touch Bronzong such as Donphan or Gastrodon, as Bronzong's low attack stat means it cannot touch these walls. Also, Gyro Ball makes an effective STAB move with Bronzong's pitiful speed, hitting swifter Scarfers and fast Dragons like a Truck.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 60 Atk / 176 SAtk / 20 Spd
Quiet Nature
- Focus Punch
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Ice Beam

SubPunch TTar. Yep, it's Tyrani-BOAH. With it's 101 HP Substitutes, Tyranitar can get a fairly easy Sub on many defensive threats, and then next turn smash them with a Punch of Focus (The Greatest moment of my life was Focus Punching a Blissey). Even with just 60 Atk EVs, these Focus Punches are powerhouse moves, ready to rip through teams. Crunch hits the Ghosts and Psychics that you cannot Punch to death, as Fighting-Dark has near perfect coverage. Ice Beam hits Landorus/Gliscor that could otherwise wall Tyranitar.

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover

Ah, Gastro. The definition of a Fallen Star. Something that used to be a nessecity, but it is now just sort of... there. Well, with the rise of Rain teams and all them powerful Rain moves, you need something to take Water moves, right! Well, Gastro has you covered. Storm Drain gives Gastro an immunity to Water, which is it's most valuable tool. This along with it's excellent STAB Earth Power, which can do a surprising amount of damage even with only 4 SpA. Ice Beam is a great move to complement this, as it hits those flying Dragons and Grass types, which otherwise wall Water/Ground. Toxic is great at wearing down defensive pokes that Gastro is able to draw in. And the final, necessary move is Recover, providing Gastro reliable recovery.

Celebi @ Life Orb
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earth Power

Every Bulky offense team needs a good ol' Set-up Sweeper. After you've worn down their walls, something has to clean up. My choice for this role is a Nasty Plot + 3 Attacks Offensive Celebi. After setting up a Plot, Celebi can do a devestating amount of damage to basically anything. Giga Drain is solid STAB that provides a smidgen of Recovery, as well as circumventing the Life Orb recoil. HP Fire can hit Ferrothorn and Forretress, which are getting considerably more commonly used in OU. And the last one is Earth Power, which gets the key coverage on Heatran, which otherwise is a solid check to Celebi.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 184 Def / 72 Spd
Impish Nature
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Protect
This one should be self-explanatory. Gliscor is the very definition of Bulky Offense, providing both walling and attacking. In fact, it greatly resembles a special version of my Gastrodon, with Ice/Ground coverage, Toxic and recovery. But, if it works, then no need to fix it! EQ is a very solid STAB even for a defensive poke, as it can certainly do a solid amount of damage. Ice Fang can complement this, as it hits Dragons and Flying things, which would otherwise wall Gliscor through-and-through. Toxic is just for even MORE wallbreaking. Protect works well with this, as it provides a turn of stalling.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 152 HP / 176 SAtk / 180 Spd
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Roost
- Dragon Pulse

For a final poke, I needed a bit more offense, as Celebi and Tyranitar couldn't handle everything by themselves. I needed something that was a fast offensive poke. I needed it. I eventually settled on a LO Latias, my favorite Latias set. The main reason I like it is for the crazy surprise factor, as most people assume Latios to be the Life Orber and Latias to be Calm Mind. Lure them into that sense, then BOOM! Draco Meteor. I have OHKOed many things with these Draco Meteors, as base 130 power moves are nothing to scoff at. Surf helps with the coverage, as well as the fact it will normally be rain-boosted (considering many, many teams are rain teams). Roost is another big help, as it gives Latias added longevity if you have a completely free turn. The final move is Dragon Pulse, which I use only if Latias is forced to stay in for the long haul.

VOILA!!!

Here is a replay: http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou4155522

What do you think, team raters?

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey

This is a cool team however you will have some problems against a number of threats including Volcarona and boosting Dragons in longer matches. Your weakness to Volcarona is severe as it sets up pretty easily on like Celebi or -2 Latias, the latter which has a great probability to happen against Volcarona teams as most of them are either Sun or Rain, and Latias seems to be your best check to both kind of teams. When Volcarona has a boost, you might as well forfeit, as most variants will simply sweep your team without having to think a lot. Nothing on your team takes its boosted hits very well (or at all) and nothing can really OHKO it back. Your best bet is to Toxic it when it sets up and hope it's a Life Orb version so you can stall it out. Boosting Dragons (or just Scarf Salamence) can take advantage of Bronzong's lack of recovery and just keep luring Bronzong in for it to lose HP until they can just set up and KO Bronzong with any one of their moves, making Outrage a secure option, which can turn into an easy battle for them. I think that the main reason for this is that your team lacks a fast revenge killer. Without the ability to pick off most boosting threats it's pretty difficult for a team to deal with them as in BW2 they have enough coverage or are just powerful enough to wreck anything slower, and with the pathetic Speed of your team you won't deal with them very well. I'd recommend dropping Gliscor for a Choice Scarf Landorus. It's a fine choice for a revenge killer as it has the ability to revenge kill most threats with its great Speed, power and coverage, while also being able to scout the opponent's team with U-turn. It patches up your weakness you Volcarona and DD Dragons which is incredible for your team.

I think that you should be using Psyshock instead of Dragon Pulse on Latias. The latter is very redundant with Draco Meteor and Latias isn't that powerful so most of the time you'll just be Meteoring anyway. Psyshock is great as it allows Latias to make short work of Fighting types, making it a better check to them which is appreciated considering Fighting types are immensely powerful this gen.

Here's the set you should use:

Landorus @ Choice Scarf
Sand Force
Naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
~Earthquake
~Stone Edge
~Hidden Power Ice
~U-turn

Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)