SM Ubers Bulky offense team (topped 1754)

This is the most success I've had with a team until now. I really like playing offensive teams and delivering huge blows to the opponent, so I tried to build around a Mega-Lucario and Lunala core.

Lucario-Mega @ Lucarionite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Lucario is the mon that I actually wanted to use, because it once opened up my old team. The spread maximizes attack and speed, and with a jolly nature ensures you outspeed yveltal and xerneas. Meteor mash is the steel stab of choice, close combat hits too hard for its own good and bullet puch is useful to revenge faster threats, like geoxern, marshadow or gengar. Swords dance sets up for potential sweeps.

Lunala @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Shield
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

While experimenting with Lucario, I fell in love with this mon. This dude hits so hard, it 2hkos all arceus forms that don't resist moongeist beam, and those who resist or are immune get obliterated by focus blast.
Lunala is also a nice check to both mega-mewtwos, and behaves decently agaist geoxern prior to losing shadow shield. This, however, is primarily an offensive powerhouse, and the more it is brought in safely on predictions, the more the opposing team will be pressured

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Defensive rocker set. It is my go-to option for switching into xerneas, kyogre, and most stuff in general. Sets rocks up, deals a ton of damage with both stabs and cripples a potential wall with toxic. Very good mon, to the surprise of literally nobody

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Ability: Primordial Sea
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

Physical kyogre is a threat. It lures in groudon so that it can be 2hkoed by earthquake thanks to adamant nature. It decimates any blissey that dares to switch into a liquidation. And its the only good mon to challange ho-oh that this team has.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog

Arceus-fairy fits naturally well with this team. It checks yveltal for lunala, and marshadow for lucario. Additionally, it lures in necrozma-dm, so that it can be burnt by will-o-wisp. It is also the defogger of choice for the team.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Defensive yveltal is the last mon I chose. And quite a useful one. It checks ekiller arceus, and most variants of necrozma-dm or ultra. Taunt is usally used on predicted arceus switch-ins, and knock off is for xerneas switch ins

Uh sorry but I can't find the screenshot of my top score :)

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Lunala @ Choice Specs
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psyshock
- Moongeist Beam
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thunder
- Liquidation
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam

EVs: 252 HP / 160 Def / 96 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog

Yveltal @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Taunt
- Knock Off

Have you considered Necrozma Dusk Mane instead of Lunala? I find that with the team you have, that may play as more compatible, plus it gives you more coverage options.

737373elj

Banned deucer.
What exactly is the Necrozma-DM set you are suggesting? Moving it over Lunala, Wallbreaker would be one most people would think, but the sets most Offensive Necrozma-DM would run overlaps with Lucario...

Have you considered Necrozma Dusk Mane instead of Lunala? I find that with the team you have, that may play as more compatible, plus it gives you more coverage options.
Actually no, I have never considered it. And i don't think it is a good idea either. Specs moongeist beam hits incredibly hard across the board, and most importantly deals heavy damage to groudon. I really like to lead with lunala as it pretty much prevents rocks from groudon while keeping shadow shield if he rocks up, or prevents rocks and kills groudon if it attacks. Furthermore, lunala is a reliable switch-in to both mega mewtwos. Furthermore, lunala forms a good core with lucario, with ghost hitting psychic types that could give lucario trouble and fighting disposing of dark types that could wall lunala.
What was your idea for necrozma though?

necrozma makes much more sense as Yashgren saids, since you are pretty weak to xern with only Pdon as your check makes it easier for geo xern to win after chipping your team and you also prone to get scarf sweep by moon blast since your fairy resist has no recovery

Actually no, I have never considered it. And i don't think it is a good idea either. Specs moongeist beam hits incredibly hard across the board, and most importantly deals heavy damage to groudon. I really like to lead with lunala as it pretty much prevents rocks from groudon while keeping shadow shield if he rocks up, or prevents rocks and kills groudon if it attacks. Furthermore, lunala is a reliable switch-in to both mega mewtwos. Furthermore, lunala forms a good core with lucario, with ghost hitting psychic types that could give lucario trouble and fighting disposing of dark types that could wall lunala.
What was your idea for necrozma though?
Basically I suggested NDM because you have no reliable checks to Xerneas/Arc Fairy. If you were to do NDM, it would be speed and attack invested, with tons of different sets. you could go either trick room + WP, or UN + Photon Geyser, EQ, SS, and Outrage.

I personally think the Xerneas weakness is overexaggerated here - whilst it could be better, the team in general can stop Xerneas from sweeping immediately. However, I do think there are a few things that could change:

Yveltal: Defog > Knock Off, Toxic > Taunt, spread change

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
EVs: 224 HP / 32 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Yveltal needs Toxic in order to properly cripple targets like Arceus formes and prevents Xerneas from getting a free sweep on Geomancy due to its high Speed. It also gives you the best chance of living against opposing Lunala. Charti Berry is on this set as it allows you to check SD Arceus-Ground and Primal Groudon much better, as well as not have to depend on a full HP Lunala to take care of Necrozma. Incase of a fast Primal Groudon, this set can also outspeed and deal heavy damage with Foul Play, enough to get it down to the range where the rest of the team can deal with it.

Arceus-Fairy: Toxic > Defog, Thunder Wave > Will-O-Wisp

EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 192 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave

Dual status Arceus-Fairy does this team better as support seeing as you now have defog on Yveltal. Toxic allows you to yet again cripple mons like Primal Groudon, bulky Arceus and Ho-oh that would otherwise use you as setup fodder. Thunder Wave is also another option over Toxic that allows you to cripple Xerneas and other Steels before it can set up a Geomancy, allowing Lucario to revenge kill it.

Kyogre: CM Spout > Physical
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Not required but now that the team is more adequately prepped against Primal Groudon, Kyogre can afford to run a much more punishing set that gives it a better matchup against teams utilitizing Ho-oh and other bulky builds as the pure power of its water STAB allows it to shatter defensive cores involving Ferrothorn and Lunala, which could otherwise prove troublesome to other members of the team.

Lunala: Lunalium Z > Choice Specs
Lunala @ Lunalium Z
EVs: 16 HP / 28 Def / 212 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock / Roost
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Seeing as you do not have a Z slot filled, Lunalium Z Lunala is more preferred here as it is capable of setting up on teams more freely and its powerful Z move is capable of abusing Shadow Shield to let it become a more effective offensive check to Primal Groudon and other big offensive threats in the early game. Lucario also helps with teams utilizing Arceus-Dark as it can use it as setup fodder. Roost is a potential option if Kyogre and Rock Polish Primal Groudon are concerns.

I hope you enjoy the changes I made. If played right this team generally takes Xern out and if I'm honest Ho-oh is more of an issue than it.

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Basically I suggested NDM because you have no reliable checks to Xerneas/Arc Fairy. If you were to do NDM, it would be speed and attack invested, with tons of different sets. you could go either trick room + WP, or UN + Photon Geyser, EQ, SS, and Outrage.
Actually, groudon can take any hit from xern, hit it with a precipice blades, and then lucario kills with bp

necrozma makes much more sense as Yashgren saids, since you are pretty weak to xern with only Pdon as your check makes it easier for geo xern to win after chipping your team and you also prone to get scarf sweep by moon blast since your fairy resist has no recovery
I literally never lose to xerneas, i have bp on lucario, and groudon resists one hit from it. I just hit with precipice and then kill with bp

I personally think the Xerneas weakness is overexaggerated here - whilst it could be better, the team in general can stop Xerneas from sweeping immediately. However, I do think there are a few things that could change:

Yveltal: Defog > Knock Off, Toxic > Taunt, spread change

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Timid Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog

Yveltal needs Toxic in order to properly cripple targets like Arceus formes and prevents Xerneas from getting a free sweep on Geomancy due to its high Speed. It also gives you the best chance of living against opposing Lunala. Charti Berry is on this set as it allows you to check SD Arceus-Ground and Primal Groudon much better, as well as not have to depend on a full HP Lunala to take care of Necrozma. Incase of a fast Primal Groudon, this set can also outspeed and deal heavy damage with Foul Play, enough to get it down to the range where the rest of the team can deal with it.

Arceus-Fairy: Toxic > Defog, Thunder Wave > Will-O-Wisp

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic
- Will-O-Wisp / Thunder Wave

Dual status Arceus-Fairy does this team better as support seeing as you now have defog on Yveltal. Toxic allows you to yet again cripple mons like Primal Groudon, bulky Arceus and Ho-oh that would otherwise use you as setup fodder. Thunder Wave is also another option over Toxic that allows you to cripple Xerneas and other Steels before it can set up a Geomancy, allowing Lucario to revenge kill it.

Kyogre: CM Spout > Physical
Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Water Spout
- Origin Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Not required but now that the team is more adequately prepped against Primal Groudon, Kyogre can afford to run a much more punishing set that gives it a better matchup against teams utilitizing Ho-oh and other bulky builds as the pure power of its water STAB allows it to shatter defensive cores involving Ferrothorn and Lunala, which could otherwise prove troublesome to other members of the team.

Lunala: Lunalium Z > Choice Specs
Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Timid Nature
- Moongeist Beam
- Psyshock / Roost
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Seeing as you do not have a Z slot filled, Lunalium Z Lunala is more preferred here as it is capable of setting up on teams more freely and its powerful Z move is capable of abusing Shadow Shield to let it become a more effective offensive check to Primal Groudon and other big offensive threats in the early game. Lucario also helps with teams utilizing Arceus-Dark as it can use it as setup fodder. Roost is a potential option if Kyogre and Rock Polish Primal Groudon are concerns.

I hope you enjoy the changes I made. If played right this team generally takes Xern out and if I'm honest Ho-oh is more of an issue than it.

Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Meteor Mash
- Close Combat
- Bullet Punch

Lunala @ Lunalium Z
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Moongeist Beam
- Moonblast
- Calm Mind

Groudon-Primal @ Red Orb
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Overheat
- Precipice Blades
- Toxic

Kyogre-Primal @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Origin Pulse
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind

Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Judgment
- Recover
- Toxic

Yveltal @ Charti Berry
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Roost
- Toxic
- Defog
Yeah I agree on the fact that Ho-oh is the real problem here. I would prefer to keep knock off on Yveltal, seen how well it cripples Xerneas switch ins, negating their geomancy or cutting their speed. I will however change Taunt to Toxic, as I almost never use it lol. Or maybe U-turn form monentum idk. Regarding the spread, I prefer keeping it as it is. I know it looks kinda random maxing defense, but it allows Yveltal to survive bot a +4 Extreme speed from Ekiller Arceus and an unboosted Stone Edge from Ultra-Necrozma, so I won't change the spread.
Regarding Lunala, you're probably right. But I won't change that either, because I just love dropping those fat hits.
I would never get rid of Will-O-Wisp on Fairyceus. It works too well as a lure for Necrozma-DM. And for now, it has been working well for me as a defogger.
Physical Kyogre works as a lure for both Blissey and Pdon, and I like not missing my hits. It works super well vs stall too.
I will try the team with your suggestions, but I think I will eventually come back to the OG.
Thank you anyway :)

Jeong

Banned deucer.
I don't think Lucario and PDon can always be there to fit Xern well. There will be situations where one of the two is dead and is practically gg. If you do Geomancy you are forced not to fail PBlades and then forced to BP priority does not seem very safe. You can consider a change for something safer that resists well as Necro or leave the core Lunala-Lucario and put something like Ho-Oh but you have to sacrifice one. Speaking about this, it gives you problems although it is normal Ho-Oh is a very offensive mon with good double type. One solution may be Zyg but we have the same problem of sacrificing one of your team.

I don't think Lucario and PDon can always be there to fit Xern well. There will be situations where one of the two is dead and is practically gg. If you do Geomancy you are forced not to fail PBlades and then forced to BP priority does not seem very safe. You can consider a change for something safer that resists well as Necro or leave the core Lunala-Lucario and put something like Ho-Oh but you have to sacrifice one. Speaking about this, it gives you problems although it is normal Ho-Oh is a very offensive mon with good double type. One solution may be Zyg but we have the same problem of sacrificing one of your team.
Guys, for real though, Xerneas is not a problem. I faced my fair share of Xerns on my way to 1800, and they've never been what my focus was really on. Ho-oh, yeah, that is a bad matchup. Xerneas is not. Try to play the team and you'll see. But seriously, Xern is not an issue. Please stop bringing it up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)