ORAS UU Bulky offensive bird jeezus

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus

All right so this is my first RMT and I have looked over the rules as best i can so go easy on me on this one. Anyways i started the team with the intention of trying out mega pidgeot.

Team Building process:

252 sp.attack/252 speed timid
U-turn/Hurricane/Heat wave/Roost
I mean not much can be said here we know its a monster and is a great mon overall capable of dropping stab hurricanes without missing which come with a 30% chance to confuse. Just by looking
at the current UU meta a powerful flying stab is quite useful in killing off even the best sp.def walls
like florges who risk being confused and taking about 35-40% per hurricane. The reason i wanted to
use this set over the work up refresh version is just because i wanted to be able to pursuit trap mons
with banded krook which just deals a nice bit of dmg even if i dont go for the pursuit.

252hp/252 sp.def calm nature
Leftovers
Torrent
Stealth rocks/scald/ice beam/defog
My first thought that came to mind was a counter for the very mon i was using since its
quite annoying to deal with so i slapped on the average empoleon set to which also added
hazard placement and control. The reason i ran ice beam on this set is because heliolisk
is quite a burden on my team and giving it free switch ins wouldn't be helping my case.
empoleon is a great defogger addition to this team because its capable of getting rid of hazards
while at the same time scaring off any stealth rockers or taunters since they fear the scald burn.

252 attack/252 speed jolly natured
Choice Band
Intimidate
Knock off/earthquake/pursuit/stone edge
Empoleon is quite common in the meta so i thought i needed a mon to u-turn into on the
predictable empoleon switch ins to stave off my bird hurricanes. so I thought I'd also give
banded krook a try and slap on pursuit to weaken the opponents empoleon/counter. The
banded knock off alone puts in so much work due to the sheer power and crippling item removal
it comes with. mons like rueniclus really hate killing off my team members since krook comes
in for free right afterwards punishing the opponent greatly.

252 hp/ 252 def bold nature
Leftovers
pressure
Scald/rest/sleep talk/calm mind
After a look at the team i thought entei could be a problem and I would rather not leave
it to a revenge kill by krook so i thought i would add a crocune to try and alleviate the
possible fire spam. it also seems to synergize with the team in the fact i can switch it
into mega blastoise or nidos without thunder bolt. cune also acts as an effective mamo check
since it can take a few lo earthquakes no problem and scare out with a scald burn. this is also
a good mon to deal with mega drill barring it doesnt land a crit on my cune.

252 sp.attack/252 speed timid nature
Choice Scarf
Infiltrator
Trick/fire blast/shadow ball/energy ball
Originally this position was filled with a Rotom-H but after a few games i realized just
how annoying lucario is to this team so i decided to place a scarfed chandelure in its place
to prevent lucario from going on a sweep. this also just happened to get in the way of the
most common curse lax set so i thought it would be a nice addition to the team, and it has
done its fair share of work. and seeing as how i already have a fire spam switch in i thought
infiltrator might be a better option.

252 attack/252 speed jolly nature
Flame orb
Guts
Close combat/Facade/Knock off/swords dance
To be honest this last addition was more of a last resort wall breaker and i would rather
replace him for something that might remove pressure from my team from nidos or lisks
even though he puts in work almost every game I have been thinking he could be replaced
besides that hes an excellent method to breaking down florges and cunes by predicting a
switch and setting up a swords dance.

Short notes:
By looking at the team i just wanna recap the more notable threats ive faced are heliolisk/nidoqueen/and if played well an abomasnow could also be an issue but it has a hard time setting up versus the team. on the rare occasion a beedrill can also find itself pressuring this team
if it lands a crit on suicune or you aren't able to heal it enough to prevent the mon coming in on cune
from finishing it off.

Thanks for taking your time to read this!

Last edited by a moderator:

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello Killintime !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

EDIT: Reopened!

Last edited:

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Going to suggest running Curse Snorlax > Suicune, as this gives you a way to easily deal with Nidoqueen and ensured Heliolisk racks up Life Orb recoil, while also still giving you a way to mitigate Fire-spam. The rest of your team already handily deals with the Ghost-types roaming the tier, as well as having Chandelure to not encourage Mienshao from going for High Jump Kick.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Curse

EVs are interchangeable.

As Heliolisk and Beedrill are huge threats, even with the Snorlax change, I'm going to recommend having Swords Dance Lucario > Heracross. This allows you to have priority on the team, allowing you to pick them off, while still giving you a good Swords Dance Fighting-type.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

I'm suggesting Adamant Bullet Punch because Mega Aerodactyl seems to give this team issues after the Snorlax suggestion. Jolly should be used on any other variant. It's up to you to switch up Bullet Punch though.

Hope these changes worked out.

Killintime

Time not so well spent
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Going to suggest running Curse Snorlax > Suicune, as this gives you a way to easily deal with Nidoqueen and ensured Heliolisk racks up Life Orb recoil, while also still giving you a way to mitigate Fire-spam. The rest of your team already handily deals with the Ghost-types roaming the tier, as well as having Chandelure to not encourage Mienshao from going for High Jump Kick.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 144 HP / 188 Def / 176 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Curse

EVs are interchangeable.

As Heliolisk and Beedrill are huge threats, even with the Snorlax change, I'm going to recommend having Swords Dance Lucario > Heracross. This allows you to have priority on the team, allowing you to pick them off, while still giving you a good Swords Dance Fighting-type.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- ExtremeSpeed

I'm suggesting Adamant Bullet Punch because Mega Aerodactyl seems to give this team issues after the Snorlax suggestion. Jolly should be used on any other variant. It's up to you to switch up Bullet Punch though.

Hope these changes worked out.
ya the snorlax sounds like a great for lisk but u-turning bee could poke some pretty big holes tbh but ill give it a shot anyways thanks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)