SM OU Bululemon

Long time reader, first time poster. I've been messing around with a team idea involving terrain extender Bulu and some mons that appreciate GT. The basic idea is to keep scizor alive, SD up and bullet punch or knock off away while your opponent tells you how much they hate you.

Scizor is an unstoppable monster in the current metagame, and Bulu + banded TTar help tackle many of it's threats. With terrain up, Zor can set up on DD Zygarde, Lando, non-fire Garchomp, and the passive recovery even helps against things like MLop and MGallade. The set and EVs are pretty standard. Sometimes I lose the matchup against opposing Scizor but I think the defensive investment is necessary.

Scizor-Mega (F) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 180 Def / 16 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Roost

Magearna is still busted. Unless I see Landorus or Chomp I like to lead Mag and volt switch. Sometimes prot Gren will drop spikes and stop me, but I'm shocked how often it works. Fleur cannon OHKOs a ridiculous number of mons (it's pretty much the special equivalent of a Mega Medi HJK). Grassy terrain enables it to live one hit of anything except a STAB fire blast or Flare Blitz. Modest for power, 252 speed because it can outspeed and OHKO things like Rotom-W.

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere

The driving concept was to put terrain extender on Bulu. I've never seen it and several opponents have tried to get clever to last out 5 turns only to discover earthquake is nerved for 8. Obviously checks water / dark / fighting, but I recommend playing conservatively with Bulu because this team is really mediocre outside of terrain.

Tapu Bulu @ Terrain Extender
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Nature's Madness

Banded TTar is a champ. I use it to eat heatran, zapdos, magnezone in particular. I will often aggressively posture with Zor (SD + knock) and hard switch to Tar for pursuit trapping. Some HP investment keeps it alive longer so I can keep pursuit trapping. Fire punch for predicting ferrothorn usually.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 96 HP / 252 Atk / 160 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

This idea is admittedly not as well fleshed out. Obviously with grassy terrain Xurk can take an EQ, and I needed some special firepower. Energy ball is nearly as good as hp ice under terrain, esp with a tail glow, and is far more versatile. Z move for speed, sometimes if I'm getting demolished I rely on hypnosis and a turn of sleep as a hail mary.

Rick Sanchez Scarecrow (Xurkitree) @ Psychium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hypnosis
- Tail Glow
- Thunderbolt
- Energy Ball

Torn is a useful pivot, special wall, item remover. Becomes a bigger threat in the rain, which I struggle against. HP rock is an odd choice, but zard Y and volcarona still give me trouble. Team would probably be improved if I traded it for heatwave, but this is 2018, and the days of people letting me heatwave their ferrothorns is over.

Tornadus-Therian @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 128 SpA / 128 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Hurricane

Threat list:
-Zard X eats my entire team. I can switch to bull for grassy and then TTar for stone edge, but it isn't a great play.
-Coil Zygarde, there is an attack heavy variant around that can fight Zor and carry's iron tail.
-Rain teams. Often I'll lead mag on Pelliper, I frequently get a free KO with Fleur cannon, but Kingdra and Pert can destroy me if ttar dies.

Thats it, I use this as a pretty prediction heavy team. No hazards or hazard removal, but that is rarely how I die in practice. I'm pretty attached to Bulu + Zor + Tar, Mag fits pretty well, and Xurk and Torn are kinda expendable. TY for any feedback.

I think the team lags consistancy, you relie a lot on choice items to strengthen the team which automaticly makes it so you have to make a lot of predictions to do well. Also I can see there is a lot of mons that will generally give you a very hard time such as Ferrothorn.

Also you have no defogger or spinner, hazards is a huge threat to your team which is a problem especially since its very dominant in this meta-game

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)