ORAS OU Bunny Offense OP

Would you play this team on a serious tournament ?

• Total voters

HUGE thanks to daddy's kisses for this banner !

Hi Smogon, Reigako here for another new RMT, this time based around bunnies and genies.

At first, i wanted to build around Specs Thundy-T, but it somehow became ... THIS !

Hope you'll enjoy watching this RMT and moreover playing this team !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Teambuilding Process
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

: At first, i wanted to build something around Specs Thundurus-Therian, which is imo one of the most underrated offensive pivots in the game. And yes, at first, the team wasn't even based on bunny spam !

: After that, i thought that now i have a very powerful Volt Switch user, i could have a physical win con that could benefit from the momentum gained by Thundy. Azu was perfect here : Thundy can cover Azumarill's Electrik weakness with Volt Absorb, while Azu can cover up Thundy's Ice weakness. Plus, BD Azu is one of the best win con in offense especially lategame.

: Then, i needed a Rocker and possibly a Steel-type to check fairies. Well, Heatran is way too splashable whatever your team is so... I decided to play the full speed Toxic + Taunt version which is great against stall in general.

: I felt the team was way too slow at this point, and that's why i decided to use my Mega-slot here for Lopunny ! With her blistering speed and her ability to spam Fake Out, she allows my team to handle Hyper Offense way easier while giving me another reliable priority.

: From here, i wanted a U-turn user since i already had Thundy-T's Volt Switch. I decided to use Scarf Lando here, since he's one of the best at doing so, while increasing the team's overall speed, and well it's Lando-T, we all know what can he do.

: As i felt very weak to Rotom-W from here, i decided to bring some innovation in there by bringing the legendary SHAYMIN ! Virtue of her typing and access to Natural Cure, she is a full stop to Rotom-W, while having way more offensive presence than Tangrowth or Amoonguss, and cannot get Pursuit trapped unlike the Celebi. She can also complete the Fire/Water/Grass core with Azu and Tran. However, she cannot give me hazard control which leaves some issues against hazards.

Thundurus-Therian
Item :
Choice Specs

Ability : Volt Absorb
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Nature : Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
IVs : 0 Atk
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Focus Blast
Hidden Power [Ice]

Even if Nasty Plot + Agility are way more common sets on this guy, i realized after playing him that it isn't the best way to play it. It gets outclassed by Thundy-I on Nasty Plot sets, and even Agility sets often get walled quite easily.
That's why i decided to try another type of set, which is Specs !

With a Choice Specs, Thundurus-T can just spam Volt Switch as it will wreak havoc the enemy team since Specs Thundy-T's Volt Switch hits SO DAMN HARD ! Even specially bulky things like Heatran gets almost 2HKOd by it !
Also, since you can round up the coverage with Focus Blast and HP [Ice], you have a pure monster in your hands that needs absolutely NO setup at all that can hit almost the entire meta super effectively.

The good thing with Specs Thundy-T is that most common answers to Electrik Spam just get destroyed by HP [Ice] or Focus Blast : Mixed Wall Hippo gets 2HKOd by both, while even the ever rare Lanturn gets 2HKOd by Focus Blast, meaning that the only real counters to that thing are Chansey or the Shroomy Goomy (AV Amoonguss) which are quite rare outside of stall.

That basically means that in one pokemon you get a wallbreaker, a pivot, a balance breaker, a Ground AND Electrik immunity, a flying check, and most of all, a pure badass !

Thunderbolt - Very reliable STAB move that will pierce through every non-ground foe. (And even through the heavens if you ask me)

Volt Switch - While having less damage than Thunderbolt, you will find yourself using it way more than it. The ability to pivot with such a powerful move is just insane in my opinion.

Focus Blast - Very good coverage option for Thundy-T, as it let's it break through the likes of Ferrothorn, Heatran, Kyurem-B, or Excadrill. Honestly, you won't use it too often since you will mostly click Volt Switch like a retard.

Hidden Power [Ice] - BoltBeam op. Even though it only has 60 Base Power, it is what makes most Electrik-types so threatening. Without it, a lot of Ground-types such as Lando-T, Chomp or Gliscor would completely wall them, and thus making them way harder to wall.

Azumarill
Item :
Sitrus Berry

Ability : Huge Power
EVs : 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Nature : Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Aqua Jet
Play Rough
Knock Off / Return
Belly Drum

Even if in most cases i prefer the Banded version, i felt that Belly Drum was way stronger in this team, since mons like Chansey or Heatran often tries to switch into Thundy-T's Volt Switch, making the Azu setup really easy.
I guess i don't have much to say about this bunny. We all got swept at least one time by this guy, as it's THE face of Belly Drum sweeping, moreover since his huge buff in XY.
I prefer running a Jolly Nature, since almost no one is running the 44 Speed EV Rotom atm, because they forgot how threatening this cute thing can be, and even with a Jolly Nature you will still hit like a truck anyway.

Aqua Jet - It's only 40 BP, but oh boy this thing hurts at +6 ! Easy setup is easy : Go on that Chansey, Belly Drum while it switches out, then click this thing and gg wp.

Play Rough - 90-BP STAB coming from a pokemon with 1592 Atk when setup is scary af. Tho, as Azumarill is quite slow, you will mostly use it against Latis or Rotom that you can't kill with Aqua Jet but you can either take a hit from it or outspeed it.

Knock Off / Return - Kills most annoying pokemons that resist both your STAB such as Amoonguss, Ferrothorn or Volcanion. Since those noobs keep running max HP Volcanion you will outspeed those who run less than 172 Speed.
Edit : As i felt quite weak to MVenu, a friend of mine advised me to run Return, which has a very good chance to OHKO Defensive MVenu at +6, while still OHKOing Volcanion, Amoonguss and stuff like Koff already does. However, it can't do shit Ferrothorn and Skarmory, but it's less of an issue since i have Heatran and Thundy-T in the back to handle them.

Belly Drum - Your setup move. Be careful with it tho, since it hurts a lot. Only setup when you're sure that things like Skarm or MVenu are weakened enough to ensure your sweep.

Heatran
Item :
Leftovers

Ability : Flash Fire
EVs : 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Lava Plume
Toxic
Taunt
Stealth Rock

Coming from the volcanos, here's the real badass Heatran ! Being able to setup rocks very reliably, check annoying fairies, threaten stall archetypes with TOX + Taunt, burn his switch-ins with Lava Broken... Aside Starmie, Gliscor and RestTalk Keldeo/Gyarados/Suicune, there are very few real counters to Heatran, since most Water/Ground switch-ins get either TOX or BRN, allowing Heatran to weaken them for its team.
Even Chansey isn't safe against this badass since Taunt just shuts it down (even though Seismic Broken deals way too much damage to it if Toxic misses, and god this happens often)

However, i feel that like Lando-T and Shaymin, he's forced to switch in too many threats, and he cannot regain health like Shaymin, thus making him easy to worn down for the enemy team. That's the huge issue with Heatran : its lack of recovery. (But well just imagine how annoying would be a Recover Heatran ...)

Lava Plume - Basically Fire-type Scald. At least it makes sense here and the pokemons that learn it are quite few. Very strong to burn shit like Rotom-W or Keldeo if they ever try to switch into your Heatran, making Heatran very hard to switch into.

Toxic - Great against stall and at weakening things in general.

Taunt - Great against stall and this Chansey fucker. Chansey deserves to burn in hell anyway fuck blobs. (dat hate lel)

Stealth Rock - The best move in the game. I needed at least one SR setter in my team, and Heatran is one of the best setters in the OverUsed metagame since it can fear MSab or even MDiancie from switching in as they can get Lava burned thus limiting their effectiveness (tho stalls often have Heal Bell)

Lopunny-Mega
Item :
Lopunnite

Ability : Scrappy
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Nature : Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
Fake Out
Return
High Jump Kick
Ice Punch

The second bunny !
Lopunny-Mega has always been a force to be reckoned with in the ORAS OU metagame, because of her ability to outspeed almost everything that's unboosted (and even outspeed boosted mons such as Scarf Ttar/Mag) and threaten most Hyper/Bulky Offense builds, since you're pretty much forced to run things like Hippowdon or Slowbro to reliably counter it.
I don't have much to say about it tho, i've already said it all in this post : http://www.smogon.com/forums/thread...u-metagame-voting-for-2.3581137/#post-6972402
(Sorry if it's a bit long tho)

Fake Out - You're in earlygame ? click dis. Midgame ? click dis. Lategame ? FUCKING CLICK DIS. Free damage is always a good thing to have anyway, but be careful not using this against defensive Lando-T or TankChomp since their Rocky Helmet will make you pay for it.

Return - Very reliable STAB with a decent power, just a very little bit more powerful than Earthquake.

High Jump Kick - A 130 BP STAB move ? You just can't miss it. (god im so sorry for dis pun)

Ice Punch - Remember early ORAS when we said that the Lopunny's 4th move was unpredictable ? Well say hello to TankChomp/Defensive Lando-T meta where you're pretty much forced to run Ice Punch over Healing Wish or Encore because you must be able to handle them.
I've also seen some Lop running Ice Beam instead to avoid RH damage since it 2HKOs the afromented threats anyway, but i feel like its really lackluster since it's basically useless apart of killing those.

Landorus-Therian
Item :
Choice Scarf

Ability : Intimidate
EVs : 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature : Naive (+Spe, -SpD)
Earthquake
Stone Edge
Knock Off
U-Turn

Well... As i already used this exact pokemon with this exact same set on my previous RMT (except for Koff > HP Ice), i'm gonna disrespect everything and copy/paste my old shitty joke about Landorus-T being bad.
You can verify, it's the exact same thing !

Well, here it comes ! The unknown, unnoticeable and unplayed Landorus-Therian. This thing really deserves more attention. I know it's barely usable in this meta since he only have U-Turn, Intimidate, STAB EQ, immunity to opposing EQ and ability to setup rocks OR revenge kill OR setup his own SD or Rock Polish, but i really wanted to try that original thing.
Here, i play the Scarf variant, but it's still pretty bad since it can't revenge kill anything with his bad speed and low damage but well.
I decided to take HP Ice to lure the guys who play the even worse defensive variant with Rocky Helmet.

Earthquake - Very bad STAB with only 100 BP. Thus, flying-types are immune to it, making it even worse. But well, it has STAB so it's fine i guess.

Stone Edge - A baby Stone Edge compared to Ttar's, but still hits quite hard honestly.

Knock Off - Even such a broken move can't make Landorus-T viable at all. Even if Landorus-T had Roost and Draco Ascent it would still suck ofc.

U-Turn - I want you to grab that momentum and KEEP IT ! Landorus-T is a very bad pokemon atm so you need to profit the little he can do for your team.

Shaymin
Item :
Life Orb

Ability : Natural Cure
EVs : 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
Seed Flare
Earth Power
Hidden Power [Ice] / Psychic
Rest

The cutest pokemon.
However you know, we don't play Pokemons for their cuteness but for their capacities on the battlefield. The problem is that Shaymin is good at both. With his special move Seed Flare and his plenty of viable coverage options in Earth Power, Psychic, Dazzling Gleam and Hidden Powers, it is in fact one of the hardest pokemon to switch into in the entire OverUsed metagame if you consider all its coverage options. (In fact, the two only safe switch-ins to this thing are AV Torn and Chansey. Also fuck Chansey.)
The problem is that, like Manaphy, it has this syndrome of "Choose your counters" : If you forgo HP Fire, Scizor and Ferro will wall you to no end. If you forgo HP Ice, Latis will be free. If you forgo HP Rock, Talon and ZardY will screw you.

However, this doesn't even stop there : While it looks squishy and cute, Shaymin is actually quite bulky since it's a part of the "100 everywhere", giving it basically exactly the same bulk as Scarf Rachi or Offensive Manaphy, and as you know they have quite a good bulk for uninvested mons.
As Shaymin has this pretty interesting pure Grass typing, she is actually able to check sand offense since she can take Iron Head from unboosted LO Excadrill !
She is also THE BEST offensive counter to Rotom-W in existence, since she is pure Grass and has Natural Cure to deny WoW !

At last, Seed Flare is an insane move with this great chance of dropping the enemy SpD by TWO ranks !
That means that even things like Amoonguss can drop to you if they switch into it and get the drop, since Earth Power can actually 2HKO Calm Amoonguss after it.

Seed Flare - A part of what makes Shaymin so unique in its gameplay. The SpD drop is really powerful mostly against CM sweepers like Clef which will never be able to setup against Shaymin because of that. Even outside of that, a 120 BP STAB is nothing to laugh at. Just saying, LO Seed Flare can actually OHKO MLop, Scarf Exca and Scarf Lando after Rocks.
However, care for Bisharp since if he switches in and get the two drops ... Oh boy you're in a BIG trouble. For those who ask, yes Bisharp gets a +4 boost instantly, and yes from my personal experience you're not going to like this.

Earth Power - By far the best coverage available for Shaymin. I mean, you see any other Grass-type pokemon that is able to threaten Steel-types such as Heatran, Bisharp, MGross or Jirachi ?
It's also what makes Shaymin different from other Grass-types since it forces usual Grass switch-ins like Heatran or MGross to really be careful.

Hidden Power [Ice] / Psychic - To be honest, i still hesitate to use Psychic over HP [Ice] since i have some issues against defensive MVenu and MHera here, but i find the free dmg on Latis to be so much more valuable since i don't have any pursuit trapper in this team. I'm opened for further ideas.

Rest - While Rest seems quite strange on that kind of pokemon at first, Shaymin's access to Natural Cure makes it way better than Synthesis, since i want to use Shaymin as a switch-in to Sand Offense and Rotom-W so i need to have recovery on it that remains reliable even in Sand.
However, it kinda kills my momentum sometimes so it's a bit dangerous at times.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Threatlist
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Defensive Venusaur-Mega : While being a rare threat nowadays, this thing walls my entire team without any problem, and can even put my Heatran to Sleep. This is why i still hesitate to give my Shaymin Psychic.

Heracross-Mega : While i have no flying-type attacks, Heracross on his side can actually destroy my team with just CC / Pin Missile / Rock Blast. Azumarill can outspeed most bulky variants and kill it with Play Rough, but it's still a very dangerous threat. I could also give my Shaymin Psychic to help dealing with him.

Hazards : I don't have any form of hazard control in this team, thus making this team really weak to balance cores using hazard spam such as Spikes Skarm + SR Tran, since i can't really remove those. If i play decently well tho i can pressure out the Skarm and the Tran using Thundy-T's absurdly strong Volt Switch to get momentum and hinder their capacities to bring those hazards. In addition, i haven't got any Rock resistance besides Lopunny which leaves me even weaker to SR.

I may have forgotten some tho, so don't flame me if i forgot an important threat.

Thundurus-Therian (M) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Belly Drum

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Ice Punch

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Rest

Hope you enjoyed reading this RMT, and most of all playing the team ! :p

GL/HF all on the ladder <3

Last edited:
Hey Reigako very solid team you have here. I only have a couple changes which are optional but it might help vs certain mons.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Rest / Psychic

Having both hp fire and earth power is better coverage since it allows you to beat heatran and ferro/ scizor/ skarmory. You also can run psychic over rest to hit venusaur if you choose.

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 200 SpD Mega Scizor: 234-281 (68.2 - 81.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 218-260 (61.9 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Shaymin Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Skarmory: 130-153 (38.9 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Defog

You could also use latios as your secondary water check. Nukes rotoms, hits steels and checks venusaur. This also fixes your hazards issue. The only issue with latios is its easy to wear down if you bring it in alot. You can run roost over hp fire but I believe it to be good support for Azumarill.

Again a very solid team but these qol options could be of some use.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)