Pet Mod Bust a Move (Playable on Dragon Heaven!) [See you in SV!]

Corrosive Gas: Okispokis, EeveeGirl, Emma Skye
Burning Jealousy; Emma Skye, Okispokis, Stinky Potato
Skitter Smack: Okispokis, PalpitoadChamp, SlowandBruh

And with that, we have our results:

Softening steel with Corrosive Gas: EeveeGirl1380!
Move: Corrosive Gas
Type: Poison
Status
BP: ---
Accuracy: 95%
Secondary Effect: The user corrodes the item of the opposing Pokemon, and allows Poison type moves to hit steel types for the rest of the battle.
New Users: None
Viable Users: Vileplume, Nihlego
Description: This move allows Pokemon who normally are walled by Steel types to be able to remove their item and be able to hit them. It can also be helpful for mono-Poison teams (if that ever happens).
Eevee1380: 15 (3 first place)
okispokis: 15 (1 first place)
Ema Skye: 10
PalpitoadChamp: 5

Flying into a frenzy with Burning Jealousy: okispokis!
Move: Burning Jealousy
Type:
Fire
BP: 70-> 80
PP:
5-> 10 (max 16)
Accuracy
: 100%
Secondary Effect: If the target has positive stat changes, user gains +1 SpA before attacking.
New Users
: Houndoom, Infernape, Pyroar
Viable Users: Infernape, Pyroar, Zoroark
Description: The user is so overcome by jealousy that their own special attack rises out of sheer anger. With its new secondary effect, Burning Jealousy becomes a great asset for revenge killers, with the prospect of SpA boosts forcing the opponent to either switch or become set-up fodder itself. This new facet of Jealousy allows these special attackers to boost when Choice locked or set-up while keeping offensive momentum (or in Pyroar's case, giving it set-up at all). Zoroark can also make good use of it due to its signature surprise factor.
okispokis: 18
Ema Skye: 15
PalpitoadChamp: 6
EeveeGirl1380: 4
stinky potato: 2

Swooping in from behind with a Skitter Smack: okispokis!
Move: Skitter Smack
Type:
Bug
BP: 70-> 85
PP:
10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 90%-> 100%
Secondary Effect
: Lowers target's evasion by 1 stage.
New Users
: None
Viable Users: Crustle, Durant, Dusknoir
Description: By attacking from behind, the user causes the target to freeze-up out of fear, thereby making it easier for subsequent hits to land. This plus its decent power buff allows Skitter Smack to offer good support for inaccurate teammates and/or provide better follow-up opportunities for the user, such as Crustle's Stone Edge or Dusknoir's Poltergeist. Durant particularly benefits from this buff, now able to get around its classic problem with Hustle's accuracy drop.
okispokis: 17
PalpitoadChamp: 14
stinky potato: 10
SlowandBruh: 4

Congratulations to the winners, as well as all who participated! I honestly feel that this slate overall had our strongest batch of subs yet. And with that said, time to begin the next slate:
1620601843239.png
1620601635673.png
1620601687826.png

Slate 4: Dust in the Wind
Moves can fall short in competitive can fail for a variety of reasons: some have excessively steep drawbacks, some are too unreliable, and some just hit about as hard as a light breeze, as is the case with the three moves for this slate: Ominous Wind, Fairy Wind and Razor Wind. Ominous Wind's 10% chance for an omniboost can't make up for its lackluster power or pitiful max 8 PP. Fairy Wind is the beginner's Fairy move, specifically designed to be cast aside the second you can acquire actual Fairy STAB. Razor Wind isn't as weak as the other two, but two-turn moves almost always have an uphill battle, especially when you're relying on a crit for sizeable damage and most native users have little incentive to run it between lack of STAB and/or Hyper Voice existing. As for specific notes:
  • 1620603050720.png
    As previously announced, submitters will have the option of either leaving Razor Wind as Normal type or changing it to Flying type! Flying type naturally fits the flavor of this move and inherently comes with some notable benefits in and of itself, but there could still be several interesting places to take it as a Normal move; the choice is yours.
  • 1620603043700.png
    With Ominous Wind, keep in mind that we buff each move on an individual basis; please don't buff this move specifically to apply the same change to Silver Wind or Ancient Power (spoilers: Ancient Power is probably getting on the list)! There is no need to limit yourself because of future-proofing, just do what you think fits this move.
___
The poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 5! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest.
>>>Slate 5 Poll<<<
In other news, the survey for certain moves to potentially be added to the list of "Moves to be Buffed" will remain open through this next submission phase. Please fill it out (when you have time) if you have not done so already! It is important that we get as many perspectives into these questions as possible for the sake of our long-term plan.
And finally on the subject of polls: this slate, we tried a shorter voting phase in the interest of seeing whether it would affect the number of votes cast. While we did see a slight drop off in the number of votes cast, it wasn't substantial and I am still confidant that we got enough votes to justify our results. That said, I'm interested in hearing what you all thought of this new approach, so very shortly I'll be putting up a thread poll to gauge whether we want to stick with a 3 day voting period or give it a bit more time.
___

Submitters will have until 0:00 GMT/12:00 AM on May 17th, or about one week from now, to post their submissions for the current slate. Make sure you read the general rules in the first post and the specific rule above, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

Let's go! (again, i failed lol)

:ss/tapu-lele: :ss/sylveon:
Move Name: Fairy Wind!
Type: Fairy
BP:
40 --> 100
PP: 48 --> 20 (max: 30)
Accuracy: 100 --> 90
Secondary Effect: If this move hits on a Pokemon that resists Fairy, this move can deal normal damage to them.
New Users: Tapu-Lele
Viable Users: Tapu-Lele, Sylveon, Frosmoth
Description: At last, the steel resistance is gone! This can be used to surprise your opponents if you predict them switching into something that resists Fairy attacks. Fairy is the new meta, change my mind.
:ss/gengar: :ss/crobat:
Move Name: Ominous Wind!
Type: Ghost
BP:
60 --> -
PP: 8 --> 16
Accuracy: 100 (Unchanged)
Secondary Effect: Lowers foe's speed by 2 stages and sets poisoned status on both Pokemon. Fails if the opponent's typing has Poison in it.
New Users: N/A
Viable Users: Gengar, Crobat
Description: This move acts as a speed control and it can be abusable with a poison cure item, just so it can be a bit annoying to get rid of it without proper needs. It does have a major downside, it can poison you too, so keep this in mind.
:ss/pelipper: :ss/mantine:
Move Name: Razor Wind!
Type: Normal --> Flying
BP:
80 --> 100
PP: 16 --> 36
Secondary Effect: Charges turn 1, hits turn 2. Higher chance for a critical hit, no charge in rain.
New Users: Pelipper, Swampert, Mantine
Viable Users: Sceptile/Venusaur, Pelipper
Description: I tried to make it as un-similar from Solar Beam as possible. This works well for special sweepers in rain teams, as Pelipper is crucial for this, gaining extra power with its Flying STAB and helping itself out in OU.

DuoM2

whao
is a Community Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Been watching this thread for a bit now and felt like I had some decent ideas here. Let me know if there are any issues.

Move Name: Razor Wind
Type: Flying
BP: 110
PP: 16
Accuracy: 100
Secondary Effect: Removes entry hazards from the opponent's side of the field.
New Users: Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Articuno-Galar, Zapdos-Galar, Moltres-Galar, Celesteela, Xatu
Viable Users: Zapdos, Tornadus-Therian, Thundurus-Therian, Moltres-Galar, Celesteela (?), Moltres (?)
Description: Gives a strong, consistent attacking option to special attacking Flying-types, but at a cost. Pokemon like Zapdos and Tornadus-T, the latter of which I may reconsider giving this to, already run Defog pretty often in the first place, so it may not be the end of the world for them and they would appreciate the extra consistency. Pokemon like Moltres-G might really hate the secondary effect, though.

Move Name: Fairy Wind
BP: 60
Accuracy: 90
Secondary Effect: Forces the target to switch to a random ally. -6 priority.
New Users: Tapu Fini, Clefable, Ninetales-Alola
Viable Users: Clefable, Ninetales-Alola, Ribombee
Description: Dragon Tail clone for a few Pokemon that may like it. Clefable has a bunch of other options already but still may appreciate something like this, while the two leads I gave this two like having that much more utility. I don't know if Tapu Fini would run this though, have no experience using the mon.

Also, I feel as though it'd be nice if the op had a blank version of the template. I dunno, it's just more convenient to not have to delete the text after each bullet point every time you make a post.

Move: Ominous Wind
Special
BP: 20
Acc: 95
PP: 5 (max 8)
Secondary Effect: Has -3 Priority. Gives the user an Omniboost if they aren't hit by a direct attack.
Viable Users: Honestly most offensive pokemon.
Description: Is this balanced. I doubt it tbh.

Move: Fairy Wind
Special
BP: 40
Acc: 100
PP: 30 (max 48)
Secondary Effect: Has +1 Priority.
Viable Users: Pokemon that want priority
Description: Priority go brrrrrrrr

Special
BP: 75
PP: 20
Secondary effect: Has 100% chance to give the user +1 Spe
New users: Corviknight, Aegislash, and Moltres-g
Viable Users: Aegislash is the main one due to its minimal speed and easily being revenge killed by pokemon. Gengar is another one due to outspeeding a lot of the metagame after just one boost.
Description: gives the user a boost to its speed which allows it outspeed the metagame and pressure offensive pokemon with other moves.

Move: Razor Wind
Special
BP: 70
PP: 10
Secondary effect: Creates the delta stream effect for 4 turns
New users: Corviknight, Landorus-T(Lando-I to didn't know if I should include it) , Tornadus-t and Tornadus-I, Thundurus-t and Thundurus-I.
Viable Users: Thundurus-t, Thundurus-I, Landorus-T, Corviknight
Description: Delta stream would really benefit pokemon that are targeted by their flying typing such as landorus-t, and corviknight while giving a reliable stab to thundurs-t, and thundurus-i which would greatly improve them.

Last edited:
:ss/ribombee:
PP: 20 Max 24
Secondary Effect: Cures the status condition of the last pokemon in your party that has a status condition.
New Users: Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Clefable
Viable Users: Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Special Koko, Defensive Fairies in general.
Description: Nope

Last edited:
Razor Wind
BP: 40 (-40)
PP: 10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 100%
Effect:
“The user violently flaps its wings (or other things), stirring up a harsh wind. If the user is heavier than the opponent, the opponent gets swapped out. If the opponent is heavier or the same weight, the attack halfes in damage and the user‘s accuracy and speed lowers by one stage.” (Is not a 2 turn move) (also is not -priority)
New users: :Corviknight: :Talonflame: :Unfezant: :Noctowl: (all regional birds), :Skarmory: , :Landorus: :Thundurus: :Tornadus: (genies)
Viable users: :skarmory: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight:
Description: a non -priority switch move sounds concerning but i tried to balance it without blatantly making it a staple on every mon’s moveset (other than lando and skarmory). With the tapus and kartana being surprisingly light, this can really mix up games and some mons might need to work around it. Very useful with rocks and spikes

Fairy Wind
BP: 60 (+20)
PP: 15 (max 24)
Effect:
“The user fires out fairy dust. If the move is super effective, the base power doubles.”
New users: :Tapu Fini: :Tapu Lele: (special tapus), :diancie:

Viable users: :Tapu lele: :tapu fini: :Togekiss: :Tapu koko:
Description: most fairy types use fairy moves for super effective damage so why not take that to the extreme. and the pokemon that use it usually have a second stab so they are fine with the low base power for resists

Let's do this!

Razor Wind
BP: 80 > 100
PP: 10 > 5 (Max 8)
Accuracy: 100% > 90%
Secondary Effects: Resets the target's stat changes. (no high crit ratio)
New Users: Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, Galarian Moltres, Archeops, Kartana

Viable Users: Zapdos, Moltres, Galarian Moltres, Noivern
Description: A reliable flying stab for offensive and defensive flying mons. Zapdos and Noivern appreciate the increased accuracy of this to hurricane as well, and in Noivern's case, the extra braking power. Held back by it's low pp in response to it's high bp compared to things like clear smog, and to keep air slash viable outside of Togekiss.

Fairy Wind
BP: 40 > 70
PP: 30 > 15 (Max 24)
Secondary Effects: Single Target. Doubles BP if the user is paralyzed, poisoned, asleep or burned.
New Users: Clefable line, Hatterene Line, Primarina, Mew

Viable Users: Clefable, Primarina, Aromatisse, Mew
Description: A special fairy version of facade, capitalizing on rest-talk, clefable's magic guard, and predicted switchins on status moves for those with synchronize, like mew.

And now it is time once again for a round of pre-cutoff feedback. Most of the subs have been pretty creative, even those I have to discuss here; well, let's get started.

SlowAndBruh: Your Fairy Wind is a little too strong. Keep in mind that being able to super-effectively hit a type that normally resists your attack is a super good effect; looking at Freeze-Dry, you get one more SE hit compared to Ice Beam, but at the cost of a fair amount of power. With Wind at 100, there isn't much of a trade-off choosing it over the standard Fairy attack, Moonblast, and Fairy is a good offensive type. That said, your lower accuracy means I'm willing to allow a bit more power compared to Freeze-Dry as long as the imperfect accuracy stays, but it still should be notably weaker than Moonblast (say 75-80).

Your Ominous Wind, meanwhile, violates the rule that moves can't change designation, as you have changed it from special to status. As such, I am going to request that you change it back; as for the effect, I am okay with you keeping one of the effects you gave it, as I feel either option is decent for the flavor of this move (should you choose speed, you'll have to drop it to one stage or keep it fairly weak).

HydreigonTheChild: Your moves are actually fine. I just wanted to comment on the distribution for your Ominous Wind; while I'm fine with the effect, +1 speed is still very good, so I am going to ask you limit your revised move to 3 new Pokemon [lines]. I won't reject your Ominous Wind, but if you don't do it now you will be expected to make a cut if you win.

ChoiceScarfed: My note here is pretty simple: pick one effect. I can get behind either one you've listed, but I will ask that you stick with one as both of these effects are good on their own so adding them together is unnecessary, especially since these effects inherently lack synergy.

These should hopefully be rather simple to change. You have about 24 hours to get these changes in.
______​
I'm a bit tired this week, so I only got one sub for this slate:
Move Name: Ominous Wind
Type:
Ghost
BP:
60-> 70
PP:
5-> 15 (max 24)
Accuracy:
100%
Secondary Effect: Changes the target's ability to Rattled.
New Users:
Aegislash, Shedinja
Viable Users:
Aegislash, Mew, Shedinja
Description:
Described as "repulsive", Ominous Wind reviles the target enough to change their ability; this ability change abilities serves as a great tool for disrupting the enemy's momentum, albeit repeated use will cause the enemy's speed to be raised. This attack largely functions in a support capacity, allowing Shedinja to prove a further annoyance to various Ubers (and deal with Mold Breaker interfering with its ability) or Mew to disrupt opposing defensive mons on utility sets. Other mons can also use Wind to weaken certain obstacles, such as Aegislash.
_______​
Next, I have a rather big announcement: Bust a Move is now officially playable on Dragon Heaven! At present, our updated Decorate, Eerie Spell, Jaw Lock, Rock Smash, Skitter Smack and Strength have been fully coded and can be accessed by any new users. Burning Jealousy has been mostly coded, although the secondary effect is currently a bit screwy (basically acts like original version except dropping target's SpA instead of burn). The new versions of Corrosive Gas and Dive have certain mechanical complexities that will require more time. You can now view the playability status of each move on the official change log, located in the Resources tab, and any future updates in status will be posted there first. There are still a few bugs to be ironed out on the description side, although you should be able to see movepool expansions for all Galar-friendly Pokemon in the builder; just look at the change log if you're confused while building (ViZar has updated the descriptions, although it doesn't appear that change has been accepted yet). Of course, I would very much like to thank ViZar for all the hard work he put in to make even this much happen! The coding needed to pull this off was all his doing, and I cannot thank him enough! Any who want to at least check out the builder can do so here:
Submitters have a further 24 hours to get their subs for this slate in if they have not yet done so. If you have trouble remembering the post format, a blank template has been added to the first post! Hopefully this should make posting easier in the future.

And now it is time once again for a round of pre-cutoff feedback. Most of the subs have been pretty creative, even those I have to discuss here; well, let's get started.

SlowAndBruh: Your Fairy Wind is a little too strong. Keep in mind that being able to super-effectively hit a type that normally resists your attack is a super good effect; looking at Freeze-Dry, you get one more SE hit compared to Ice Beam, but at the cost of a fair amount of power. With Wind at 100, there isn't much of a trade-off choosing it over the standard Fairy attack, Moonblast, and Fairy is a good offensive type. That said, your lower accuracy means I'm willing to allow a bit more power compared to Freeze-Dry as long as the imperfect accuracy stays, but it still should be notably weaker than Moonblast (say 75-80).

Your Ominous Wind, meanwhile, violates the rule that moves can't change designation, as you have changed it from special to status. As such, I am going to request that you change it back; as for the effect, I am okay with you keeping one of the effects you gave it, as I feel either option is decent for the flavor of this move (should you choose speed, you'll have to drop it to one stage or keep it fairly weak).
This will be implemented soon, thanks!

BP: 50
Special
PP: 15
Secondary Effect: When the user uses this move, if they KO a Pokemon with this move, then they get an omniboost (excluding accuracy and evasion). If they don’t, they lose 1/8 of their max HP
Viable Users:
Description: High risk, high reward (:

Special
Acc: 90
PP: 5
Secondary Effect: The user whips up a great wind, which lowers the opponents Defense or Special Defense, depending on which one is higher.
Viable Users: TBH I have no idea but it seems pretty good
Description: Can be used to break defensive cores and allow a Pokemon to sweep more easily.

Special
Secondary Effect: Sets up Misty Terrain
New Users: Gardivior
Viable Users: Pokemon that dislike status
Description: An alternative to Dazzling Gleam that can allow you not to get statused and weaken Dragons

And it is time to vote! (A little later than usual, I know, but today proved busier than expected. So sorry OTL). Just wanted to make something clear before we get into the subs- please don't worry about me missing your sub after you've made changes post-feedback! I have to double-check every post while I am compiling the list, so as long as you've complied with the feedback and made changes I will see it, and thus include your sub. Here are the eligible subs:

Special
BP: 20
Secondary Effect: Has -3 Priority. Gives the user an Omniboost if they aren't hit by a direct attack.
Viable Users: Honestly most offensive pokemon.
Description: Is this balanced. I doubt it tbh.

Special
PP: 20
Secondary effect: Has 100% chance to give the user +1 Spe
New users: Corviknight, Aegislash, and Moltres-g
Viable Users: Aegislash is the main one due to its minimal speed and easily being revenge killed by pokemon. Gengar is another one due to outspeeding a lot of the metagame after just one boost.
Description: gives the user a boost to its speed which allows it outspeed the metagame and pressure offensive pokemon with other moves.

Move Name: Ominous Wind
Type:
Ghost
BP: 60-> 70
PP:
5-> 15 (max 24)
Accuracy:
100%
Secondary Effect: Changes the target's ability to Rattled.
New Users:
Aegislash, Shedinja
Viable Users: Aegislash, Mew, Shedinja
Description: Described as "repulsive", Ominous Wind reviles the target enough to change their ability; this ability change abilities serves as a great tool for disrupting the enemy's momentum, albeit repeated use will cause the enemy's speed to be raised. This attack largely functions in a support capacity, allowing Shedinja to prove a further annoyance to various Ubers (and deal with Mold Breaker interfering with its ability) or Mew to disrupt opposing defensive mons on utility sets. Other mons can also use Wind to weaken certain obstacles, such as Aegislash.

Special
Secondary Effect: When the user uses this move, if they KO a Pokemon with this move, then they get an omniboost (excluding accuracy and evasion). If they don’t, they lose 1/8 of their max HP
Viable Users:

Accuracy: 90
Secondary Effect: Forces the target to switch to a random ally. -6 priority.
New Users: Tapu Fini, Clefable, Ninetales-Alola
Viable Users: Clefable, Ninetales-Alola, Ribombee
Description: Dragon Tail clone for a few Pokemon that may like it. Clefable has a bunch of other options already but still may appreciate something like this, while the two leads I gave this two like having that much more utility. I don't know if Tapu Fini would run this though, have no experience using the mon.

Special
PP: 30 (max 48)
Secondary Effect: Has +1 Priority.
Viable Users: Pokemon that want priority
Description: Priority go brrrrrrrr

PP:
20 Max 24
Accuracy:
Secondary Effect: Cures the status condition of the last pokemon in your party that has a status condition.
New Users:
Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Clefable
Viable Users: Tapu Lele, Tapu Fini, Special Koko, Defensive Fairies in general.
Description: Nope

Note: The PP for this move will be the max listed. For future reference, max PP is 8/5x base; 5 has max 8, 10 has max 16, 15 has max 24, etc.
Fairy Wind
(+20)
PP: 15 (max 24)
Accuracy:
100%
Effect: “The user fires out fairy dust. If the move is super effective, the base power doubles.”
New users: :Tapu Fini: :Tapu Lele: (special tapus), :diancie:
Viable users: :Tapu lele: :tapu fini: :Togekiss: :Tapu koko:
Description: most fairy types use fairy moves for super effective damage so why not take that to the extreme. and the pokemon that use it usually have a second stab so they are fine with the low base power for resists

Fairy Wind
BP:
40 > 70
Secondary Effects: Single Target. Doubles BP if the user is paralyzed, poisoned, asleep or burned.

Description: A special fairy version of facade, capitalizing on rest-talk, clefable's magic guard, and predicted switchins on status moves for those with synchronize, like mew.

Special
Secondary Effect: Sets up Misty Terrain
New Users: Gardivior
Viable Users: Pokemon that dislike status
Description: An alternative to Dazzling Gleam that can allow you not to get statused and weaken Dragons

Move Name: Razor Wind!
Type: Normal --> Flying
BP: 80 --> 100
PP: 16 --> 36
Secondary Effect: Charges turn 1, hits turn 2. Higher chance for a critical hit, no charge in rain.
New Users:
Pelipper, Swampert, Mantine
Viable Users: Sceptile/Venusaur, Pelipper
Description: I tried to make it as un-similar from Solar Beam as possible. This works well for special sweepers in rain teams, as Pelipper is crucial for this, gaining extra power with its Flying STAB and helping itself out in OU.

Note: PP for this sub will be 20 (max 32).
New Users: Tornadus, Thundurus, Landorus, Articuno-Galar, Zapdos-Galar, Moltres-Galar, Celesteela, Xatu
Viable Users: Zapdos, Tornadus-Therian, Thundurus-Therian, Moltres-Galar, Celesteela (?), Moltres (?)
Description: Gives a strong, consistent attacking option to special attacking Flying-types, but at a cost. Pokemon like Zapdos and Tornadus-T, the latter of which I may reconsider giving this to, already run Defog pretty often in the first place, so it may not be the end of the world for them and they would appreciate the extra consistency. Pokemon like Moltres-G might really hate the secondary effect, though.

Special
Secondary effect: Creates the delta stream effect for 4 turns
New users: Corviknight, Landorus-T(Lando-I to didn't know if I should include it) , Tornadus-t and Tornadus-I, Thundurus-t and Thundurus-I.
Viable Users: Thundurus-t, Thundurus-I, Landorus-T, Corviknight
Description: Delta stream would really benefit pokemon that are targeted by their flying typing such as landorus-t, and corviknight while giving a reliable stab to thundurs-t, and thundurus-i which would greatly improve them.

Razor Wind
(-40)
Effect: “The user violently flaps its wings (or other things), stirring up a harsh wind. If the user is heavier than the opponent, the opponent gets swapped out. If the opponent is heavier or the same weight, the attack halfes in damage and the user‘s accuracy and speed lowers by one stage.” (Is not a 2 turn move) (also is not -priority)
New users: :Corviknight: :Talonflame: :Unfezant: :Noctowl: (all regional birds), :Skarmory: , :Landorus: :Thundurus: :Tornadus: (genies)
Viable users: :skarmory: :Landorus-Therian: :Corviknight:
Description: a non -priority switch move sounds concerning but i tried to balance it without blatantly making it a staple on every mon’s moveset (other than lando and skarmory). With the tapus and kartana being surprisingly light, this can really mix up games and some mons might need to work around it. Very useful with rocks and spikes

Razor Wind
BP:
80 > 100
PP: 10 > 5 (Max 8)
Accuracy: 100% > 90%
Secondary Effects: Resets the target's stat changes. (no high crit ratio)
New Users: Galarian Articuno, Galarian Zapdos, Galarian Moltres, Archeops, Kartana

Viable Users: Zapdos, Moltres, Galarian Moltres, Noivern
Description: A reliable flying stab for offensive and defensive flying mons. Zapdos and Noivern appreciate the increased accuracy of this to hurricane as well, and in Noivern's case, the extra braking power. Held back by it's low pp in response to it's high bp compared to things like clear smog, and to keep air slash viable outside of Togekiss.

Special
Acc: 90
PP: 5
Secondary Effect: The user whips up a great wind, which lowers the opponents Defense or Special Defense, depending on which one is higher.
Viable Users: TBH I have no idea but it seems pretty good
Description: Can be used to break defensive cores and allow a Pokemon to sweep more easily.

First off, by unanimous consensus we will be lowering the voting period to 72 hours from now on, and that standard will be applied to this slate. Due to the delay in getting this out, voters will have until 1:00 GMT on May 20th, or 72 hours from now, to vote for their favorite subs. As always, vote in order of which subs you prefer, with your favorite being listed first; your own sub may be ranked as high as second. This slate, however, we finally have enough subs for me to say that voters may vote for up to 5 subs for each move. (I can't believe I finally get to say this! I am so happy.)
_______​
Next, it is finally time for me to announce the results of our survey. The simple requirement was that each move needed to have a majority on board for it to be added to the list, or above 50% in favor. As determined by a majority of those who voted, the moves Ancient Power, Avalanche, Beak Blast, Electro Ball, Fire/Water/Grass Pledge, Gravity (just the move), Natural Gift, Petal Blizzard, and Torment (just the move) will be added to the master list! Just barely missing out on a majority (we had an even number of voters), the moves Aqua Tail, Bulldoze, Focus Punch, and Steel Beam may be reconsidered for addition to the list at a later date, although if we do that it will be way down the line, once the meta has had a chance to fully develop and we have a good sense for what works and what doesn't. As for the special cases, the majority has decided that Aeroblast, Blaze Kick, Drum Beating, Heal Order and Power Trip will not be altered from their canon versions, but will instead receive a special limited redistribution at some point down the line. Volt Tackle just barely missed out, and as such will not see extra distribution.

The final master list will finally be released in a few days time; I just need to double-check everything to make sure every move on the list needs a buff, and that every move that needs a buff is on the list. This list will comprise of every move that we will be buffing/altering at some point. The reserved list is for moves that are on our agenda, but due to various circumstances we're going to wait before tackling those moves; other than that, you may suggest any move on the master list to be part of a future slate (which you can nominate on the Discord). That said, I am going to allow a period for arguments about potential alterations for any screw-ups I've made- just present a clear argument as to why a move should/shouldn't be included, and in the latter case give an example of one mon that seriously runs this move. I have been making these calls based on the available info about what moves get used, but it's possible I've missed some things. Additionally, I want to note that a few moves on this list may be removed without receiving buffs depending on how other move alterations play out.
________​
As for next slate, with the poll results in, Slate 5 will focus on Sparkling Aria, Synchronoise and Sing! No special conditions, feel free to use the voting period to brainstorm ideas for these 3 moves. You can post them as soon as the current round of voting ends. With all that said, let voting begin!

Last edited:

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Its voting time, but I think that while doing the voting posting little sample sets could be a cool little goodie bag :].

Ominous Wind:Eeveegirl(super super sick concept for a move, ominous as hell I love it), Okispokis, Palpitoadchamp, Hydreigonthechild
Faerie Wind:Duo, Palpitoad, ARandomPerson, Eeveegirl, Stinky Potato
Razor Wind: Duo(Super cool concept, maybe not torn t though yeah), ARandomPerson, Hydreigonthechild, Possibly complicated to code but Stinky Potato.

Lots of great subs this slate, I'll hopefully have enough time to make subs this time around, and I'm super hyped to start messing around with sample sets and eventually the metagame.

:bw/tornadus-therian:

I've been messing around with sets and different options for cool mons for a bit now even before we were fully coded, but since ViZar fully embraced his alterego GoatZar and coded the mod we're now able to play :] Thanks a lot.

Here is this Defensive Torn-T hazard control pivot set, knock removes items, rock smash is good coverage as a whole removes rocks and can deal chip damage to a lot of mons. Even with a negative nature Hurricane hits like a truck, and U turn allows you to pivot around for that sweet sweet regenerator.

https://pokepast.es/8940aef098e10e83

These are some pretty good moves! Also I'm sorry I didn't fix my subs in time. Votes:
Ominous Wind: okispokis, EeveeGirl1380, PalpitoadChamp
Fairy Wind: ARandomPerson, stinky potato, ChoiceScarfed
Razor Wind: stinky potato, EeveeGirl1380, SlowandBruh

And now, a sample set:
:ss/pelipper:
https://pokepast.es/0dcc1a1d78f6796a

This set will allow you to gain easy momentum and giving STAB to somebody else on your team, which works well with rain as you're able to send out a fast Pokemon (like Barraskewda) to get easy damage in. What's better is that you can use Instruct in Doubles to make sure your opponents fear your switch-ins. Roost allows you to keep this going with Defog which will help remove your hazards, you get the drill.

EeveeGirl1380, okispokis, HydreigontheChild, PalpitoadChamp

ARandomPerson, PalpitoadChamp, ChoiceScarfed, stinky potato

DuoM2, HydreigontheChild, SlowandBruh, EeveeGirl1380

Last edited:
Alright, the votes are in; first place is worth 5 points, second 4, etc. Without further ado, here are your winners:

As an Ominous Wind sends a creeping chill down your spine, you turn to see: EeveeGirl1380!
Special
Viable Users:
EeveeGirl1380: 19
okispokis: 17
PalpitoadChamp: 11
HydreigontheChild: 5

Sending a nice soothing Fairy Wind down to calm your nerves: ARandomPerson!
Fairy Wind
BP: 40 > 70

ARandomPerson: 18
PalpitoadChamp: 11
ChoiceScarfed: 10
stinky potato: 7
DuoM2: 5
EeveeGirl1380: 2

Tearing through the competition with a vicious Razor Wind: DuoM2!
DuoM2: 14
HydreigontheChild: 12
SlowandBruh: 9
stinky potato: 7
EeveeGirl1380: 6
ARandomPerson: 4

Congratulations to our winners, as always! Another great batch of subs all around! It'll take me a bit longer this week to update everything, but expect to see all of that soon. Now, onto slate numero 5:
1621459706241.png
1621459464490.png
1621459332454.png

Slate 5: Song2
Sound moves have had quite a few hits over the years, but other tracks have ended up as rather disappointing flops, such as the case with our next LP: Sing, Synchronoise and Sparkling Aria. Sing is slow enough to put the audience to sleep, except it can't even do that right thanks to its abysmal accuracy, making almost any sleep move a strictly superior choice. Synchronoise is a rather experimental track, damaging the opponent only if they are the same type- this creates an obvious problem, especially since the type of this move (and many of its users) resists itself. Sparkling Aria is a truly unique cut by Primarina (ft Lapras); unfortunately, it shows that unique isn't always best, since Hydro Pump hits harder and doesn't potentially help the opponent through status clearing. No specific notes this time, so go crazy!
______
The poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 6! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest.
>>>Slate 6 Poll<<<
_____
Speaking of suggested slates, after many weeks I have finally compiled the Master List of Moves to be Buffed! This list makes up every move that we plan to buff/alter at some point during the course of this mod. This list was compiled mainly as a matter of which moves actually see usage from what data I was able to gather, plus a few moves that are really only used as a technicality. The reserved list is saved for moves that will need to be handled in a certain way and thus I would prefer to hold off on buffing them, whether that move will be rebalanced with Ubers in mind, needs to be buffed in Singles without breaking it in Doubles, needs to be rebuilt from the ground up or will only have its distribution changed. Now, there will probably be a few moves that I either forgot or underestimated, so I will sustain a few objections or requests if you can provide a good case for it (in the case of removal, this includes proving that at least one mon seriously uses it) and if others will support the change. But for now, here is the big listicle:
Master List!
_____
Anyways, submitters will have until 0:00 GMT on May 27th, or about one week from now, to post their submissions for the current slate. Make sure you read the general rules in the first post, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

Last edited:
Sing
Type: Normal
BP: N/A
PP: 15 (max 20)
Accuracy: 70%
Secondary Effect: If opponent not asleep: puts the opponent to sleep. If opponent is asleep: acts like metal sound or screech; whichever works better on the opponent (if the opponent has heigher defense or spdef).
New users: :Dugtrio-Alola: (as a reference to the anime), :Toxtricity:, :Noivern:.
Viable users: :Blissey:, :Chansey:, :Clefable:, :Umbreon:.
Description: Gives a useful tool to teammates as well as -well just putting them to sleep. Stealth rocks has great synergy with sing due to either a free set up/ nerf to the opponent or a switch in which means more rocks damage.

Synchonoise
Type: Psychic
BP: 120 ->140
PP: 10 (Max 16)
Accuracy:100 -> 90%
Secondary Effect: If the opponent has a move with the same type as one of its users, the move does not fail. Fails every other time.
New Users: :Hatterene:, :Slowbro: :Slowking: + :Slowbro-Galar: :Slowking-Galar:, :Claydol:
Viable Users: :Claydol:, :Hatterene:, :Slowking-Galar:.
Description: Now as a less restrictive boundary, synchronoise can really shine with common coverage types like with psychic and ground.

Last edited:
Move Name: Synchronoise
BP:
PP: 20 (Max 24)
Secondary Effect: Uses the user's higher attacking stat. Matches the user's secondary type, or first type if they don't have one.
New Users: All starters and Ultra Beasts
Viable Users: Flareon, Gallade, Kartana
Description: The move synchronizes with the user, becoming a perfect move for the pokemon. Great for pokemon that lack proper STAB.

Synchonoise
BP: 120 -> 90
Secondary Effect: If the User is statused, 2x base power
New Users: :clefable: :alakazam: :sigilyph: :reuniclus:
Viable Users: all of the above.
Description: the contrary of hex, its also a psychic type move. it works specially well with magic guard pokemon. (effects based on Synchronize, a ability of similar name.)

Sparkling Aria
Type: Water
BP: 90 -> 95
Accuracy: 100 -> 90%
Secondary Effect: user uses Heal Bell right after using this move. (dos not bypass soundproof)
New Users: :Tapu-Fini:, :milotic: :suicune:
Viable Users: :tapu-fini:, :suicune:
Description: Now is a WAY better move, with (altho slight) higher BP, and less accuracy to balance it out, its now a more viable option than ever hyper voice on Primarina. it also benefits its new users (namely fini and suicune, i dont really see it having much use on Milotic.) alot.

Sing
BP: N/A
PP: 15 (max 20)
Accuracy: 55 -> 50%
Secondary Effect: Puts the opponent to sleep. Whether or not it hits, raises the user's Special Defense one stage.
New users: :Toxtricity:, :Noivern:, :Salazzle:, :Oricorio:, :Lilligant:, :Seismitoad:, :Xatu:
Viable users: :Blissey:, :Chansey:, :Clefable:, :Umbreon:.
Description: Now can use to beef up bulk and set up while fishing for sleep and even still be usable while your opponent has a sleeping pokemon.

Synchonoise
BP: 120 -> 70
Secondary Effect: If the opponent shares at least one type with the user, doubles in power.
New Users: :Hatterene:, :Slowbro:, :Slowking:, :Slowbro-Galar:, :Slowking-Galar:, :Toxtricity:, :Indeedee:, :Bronzong:, :Noivern:, :Oricorio:, :Meloetta:, :Porygon-Z:, :Marowak-Alola:, :Wishiwashi:, :Calyrex:, :Urshifu:, :Hitmontop:, :Zacian:, :Zamazenta:, :Dragapult:, :Kangaskhan:, :Falinks:, :Seismitoad:, :Mr. Mime:, :Mr. Rime:, :Orbeetle:, :Lilligant:, :Bellossom:, :Meowstic:, :Xatu:, :Poliwrath:, :Politoed:, :Medicham:
Viable Users: :Hatterene:, :Slowking-Galar:.,
Description: Now it doesn't fail but merely weakens if the user is the wrong type, while it is even stronger if they share a type (which will help with psychic resisting itself too). This makes it much more spammable.

Sparkling Aria
BP: 90 ->70
Accuracy:100%
Secondary Effect: If either the user or the opponent is statused, cures the status of both and doubles in power.
New Users: :Milotic:, :Seismitoad:, :Comfey:, :Audino:, :Indeedee:, :Chatot:, :Chimecho:, :Bronzong:, :Noivern:, :Oricorio:, :Ludicolo:, :Meloetta:, :Exploud:, ::Toxtricity:, :Manaphy:
Viable Users: :Manaphy:
Description: Now acts as something in between status curing and Hex.

Last edited:
Move: Sing
Status
BP: ---
Acc: 60
Secondary Effect: Puts the target to sleep. User heals itself by 1/4 of its max hp if the move lands. Sound Move.
New Users: :wailord::wailmer:
Viable Users: :chansey::blissey::swalot::eldegoss::empoleon::wailord:
Description: Is this balanced. I doubt it.

Move: Synchonoise
Special
BP: 55
Secondary Effect: User gives all stat changes and status conditions to the target
New Users: :clefable::clefairy:
Viable Users: :clefable::flareon::sigilyph:
Description: Overheat Toxic Orb Guts Flareon? Toxic Orb Clefable & Sigilyph? Heck yeah!

Move: Sparkling Aria
Special
BP: 80
Secondary Effect: Cures the user's entire party of burns. Sound Move.
New Users: :milotic::phione::seismitoad::palpitoad::tympole:
Viable Users: :primarina::phione::milotic:
Description: A unique support option

Last edited:
Move: Sparkling Aria
Special
BP: 90 -> 80
Acc: 100%
Added Effect; Restores the HP of the user and ally by 1/4

New Users: :milotic: :slowbro: :slowking: :manaphy: :alomomola: :lumineon:

Viable Users: :milotic: :lapras: :primarina: :slowbro: :slowking: :alomomola: :manaphy:

Description: I think it would be nice for this move to have a better spotlight in doubles, even in singles too. So i decided to add the effects of life dew to it, by the cost of lowering the BP and the PP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)