Pet Mod Bust a Move (Playable on Dragon Heaven!) [See you in SV!]

Move: Rock Smash
Type: Fighting
BP: 60
Acc: 100%
PP: 15
Secondary Effect: If the target has a Substitute and is not immune, this move deals no damage, but removes the Substitute and decreases the target's Defense by 1 stage. No additional effects if the target has no Substitute.
Targeting: Single target, can target self if user has an active Substitute
Other Important Details: Contact – √; Punch – √
New Users: Melmetal, Kitsunoh (CAP), Kommo-o, Marshadow
Viable Users: Hitmonchan, Infernape, Hariyama, Medicham, Machamp, Pangoro, Kommo-o, Marshadow, Conkeldurr, Sawk, Throh, Primeape, Urshifu, Mega Lopunny, Gallade, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Scrafty, Melmetal
Description: Works best with Iron Fist Pokémon, also well-suited to any Fighting-type Pokémon specializing in Atk/Def.
Use: Highly situational, but effective for knocking down a target's Substitute. This becomes a utility move designed to break stalls. Similar utility moves include Rapid Spin, Brick Break, and Thief, but without dealing damage if the target has no Substitute.

Last edited:
soooo my previous submission was already taken by palpitoad champ :p (strength)

Move: Dive
Type: Water
Bp: 90 (+10)
Accuracy: 100%
Effect: The user dives into a whirlpool, switching out in the process. Then, the selected user springs out of the pool the following turn, using the attack instead.
[Instruct makes the switched in mon use the move immediately, Follow me does not target due to the user of the move switching out and the other mon did not see the follow me, ignores all variations of spikes)
Uses: VERY good pivot and does not have the problem of uturn and the mon getting ohkoed.
Viable Users: SlowTwins -> Barreskewda/ Pelliper -> Swift swim OR Crawdaunt

Move :Rock Smash
Bp: 65 (+15)
Effect: If the users field has at least 1 variation of spikes (spikes, steath rock, toxic spikes) the power doubles but the spikes disappear.
Uses: offensive defog without the terrain stuff.
Viable users: potentially lando t? Because of it being a lead so it can trade rocks and kill an ice type? Again slow twins acting like a defog corvinight and they can rock smash and peace out with teleport or dive.

Last edited:
And once again, it is time for some feedback. Most of you have done a good job keeping to the rules this slate, although I do have a few tweaks that I will ask:
Secondary Effect: Always removes the target's Substitute, unless it is immune. If no Substitute, 50% chance this move will lower the target's Def by 2 stages.
Viable Users: Hitmonchan, Infernape, Hariyama, Medicham, Machamp, Pangoro, Kommo-o, Marshadow, Conkeldurr, Sawk, Throh, Primeape, Urshifu, Mega Lopunny, Gallade, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Scrafty, Melmetal
Description: Works best with Iron Fist Pokémon, also well-suited to any Fighting-type Pokémon specializing in Atk/Def.
OPStellar: I'm going to have to ask you to tone down or change the secondary effect. Being able to auto-break Substitute is huge in and of itself (albeit situational, so I'm not sure how much use you'd get out of it in practice), but a 50% chance to harshly drop Def easily edges it into broken. While Acid Spray also harshly drops a defense stat, a) your proposed buff is stronger than Spray, especially on a mon with Iron Fist (which you say is your main intent) and b) Rock Smash has significantly better distribution. Most mons that get Acid Spray aren't too primed to abuse it (we might look into this move later, honestly), whereas there are a lot of offensive mons that could potentially abuse this effect, especially with how good Fighting is offensively. Also not sure why you gave this to Kitsunoh; CAP mons are not part of this mod.

Move :Rock Smash
Bp: 20 (-20)
Accuracy: 70% (-30)
Effect: The user slams into the ground, Throwing stealth rocks for a limited timeon both sides on the field. ( 3 turns on users, 5 on target) If the move was used on a rock type or a ground type the targets (only targets) amount of turns turn into 8
Uses: Do i need to say? (Anyway barbaracle is amazing with dive rock smash combo)
Users: Barbaracle, Mudstale, possibly toxicroak!
stinky potato: So- this submission would be definitively worse than the canon version. 20 BP is far too weak for any offensive mon to seriously consider (especially with how much you tanked the accuracy), and if you're going to use this move on a defensive mon- why not just use regular Stealth Rock? Especially since regular Rocks don't disappear after a few turns automatically. Also, this would probably be a nightmare to program once we get around to that.

As for your Dive, I have decided that this submission is acceptable; its function is different enough from ARandomPerson's idea. I primarily see this move being used on rain, as Politoed (and Kyogre in Ubers) would greatly benefit from being able to pivot out into teammates. However, I am going to ask you to a) add the PP count, which is a requirement for submissions (see the canon move list in Resources for that info), and while I can excuse it this once, I would prefer if your clarified that your users are Viable Users; the submissions format includes both viable users and new users, so that can be confusing. Please see how the other submitters format their posts, and try to stick with that in the future.

You two do have time to change your submissions before they close, but you will have to do so if you want your submissions to qualify for the voting phase! All submitters will have about 24 more hours to submit for this slate, although I may be a bit late closing it due to irl stuff. Be sure to get yours in if you want to qualify.

As for myself, I have a few subs:
BP: 40-> 50
PP: 15 (max 24)
Secondary Effect: If attack is super-effective, lowers target’s Def by one stage. Punching move.
New Users: None
Viable Users: Beedrill-Mega, Dusknoir, Scizor
Description: Given that Rock Smash is about smashing something Fighting is super-effective against, I decided to do something a bit cheeky for my sub. This move is mainly intended for mons like Mega Beedrill and Dusknoir, which naturally lure in Fighting-weak mons (Steel resists Drill STAB, only Dark and Normal types resist Poltergeist), allowing them to weaken certain switch ins and turn the tables; Scizor can also make decent use of it thanks to Technician. The effect is balanced since it can only trigger against certain types.

BP: 80-> 100
PP: 10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 100%-> 90%
Secondary Effect: "The user submerges themselves in cleansing waters." Dives underwater turn 1, strikes turn 2. If user is statused, cures status on turn 1.
Viable Users: Araquanid, Quagsire
Description: This move is geared more towards bulky/defensive mons, specifically those that usually struggle with status. Thanks to the newly buffed Dive, they can simply dive underwater and wash that pesky status away (barring Freeze, of course), allowing them much greater longevity. Additionally, a few offensive mons can occasionally sub this move in to deal with burns; Liquidation is still preferable, but it's an option.

I might also do a sub for Strength, but that's all for now. Expect the new poll to be up with the final list of candidates.

And it's voting time! Here are the nominations for each move:

Move Name: Rock Smash
BP: 70
PP: 10
Secondary Effect: If Stealth Rock is on the user’s side, move does 1.5x damage and removes Stealth Rock (old effect removed)
Viable Users: Pretty much anything that gets the move
Description: This creates many more hazards removers, though it is limited to just one hazard (it is the best one though!). Fighting coverage is awesome and this opens up the option for many to use it as a coverage move in addition to a utility move, which is really cool!
Physical
BP: 50
Acc: 100
Secondary Effect: Lowers the target's Defense by 1.
Viable Users: Way too many users.
Description: A move used to help pokemon break past walls
Secondary Effect: If the target has a Substitute and is not immune, this move deals no damage, but removes the Substitute and decreases the target's Defense by 1 stage. No additional effects if the target has no Substitute.
Use: Highly situational, but effective for knocking down a target's Substitute. This becomes a utility move designed to break stalls. Similar utility moves include Rapid Spin, Brick Break, and Thief, but without dealing damage if the target has no Substitute.
Note: CAP mons are NOT part of this mod. As such, Kitsunoh will not be receiving Rock Smash.

BP: 40-> 50
Secondary Effect: If attack is super-effective, lowers target’s Def by one stage. Punching move.
Viable Users: Beedrill-Mega, Dusknoir, Scizor
Description: Given that Rock Smash is about smashing something Fighting is super-effective against, I decided to do something a bit cheeky for my sub. This move is mainly intended for mons like Mega Beedrill and Dusknoir, which naturally lure in Fighting-weak mons (Steel resists Drill STAB, only Dark and Normal types resist Poltergeist), allowing them to weaken certain switch ins and turn the tables; Scizor can also make decent use of it thanks to Technician. The effect is balanced since it can only trigger against certain types.
stinky potato: I appreciate your willingness to change you sub, however I cannot accept your changed version. I feel it overlaps too much with Ema Skye's submission, and the secondary effect is both easier to trigger and stronger when it does trigger. Given how common hazards are, I'm iffy about adding a potentially 130 BP move with little downside.

BP: 80 > 100
PP:10 > 5 (Max 8)
Acc: 100% > 80%
Secondary Effects: Move's priority is now -3. User dives at priority 0.The user switches out if the attack connects.
Viable Users: Dragapult, Barraskewda
Description: A Risky pivoting option for fast mons to switch without damage being dealt to either pokemon. If someone predicts tht you're going to use dive, they can potentially get a free setup turn. I hope that this is different enough from flip turn to be allowed? For further Nerfs, maybe accuracy can be lowered to 75% or 70%.
Just to clarify, this submission is a one-turn move.

BP: 85
Acc: 95%
PP: max 18
Secondary Effect: This Pokemon hides underwater, then attacks on the second turn. Once this Pokemon attacks, the target of this move (except for water types) will lose 1/8 of their maximum HP for 3 turns
New Users: Toxapex
Viable users: Toxapex, Quagsire, (water type stall mons)
Description: Can act as a nice stall move with the ability to do extra chip damage and allow the stallmon to avoid an attack for a turn.
I presume the PP was a typo; the PP for this sub is 10 (max 16), like the canon version.

Physical
BP: 100
Acc: 90
Secondary Effect: Takes a turn to charge. This charge turn is ignored during rain. This move does 1/2 damage in sun, hail, and sand.
Viable Users: Physical Rain Sweepers
Description: I was originally just going to make it a solar blade clone but then thought "wow that would be strong on Mega Pert." so I made it weaker.
Effect: The user dives into a whirlpool, switching out in the process. Then, the selected user springs out of the pool the following turn, using the attack instead.
[Instruct makes the switched in mon use the move immediately, Follow me does not target due to the user of the move switching out and the other mon did not see the follow me, ignores all variations of spikes)
Uses: VERY good pivot and does not have the problem of uturn and the mon getting ohkoed.
BP: 80-> 100
Accuracy: 100%-> 90%
Secondary Effect: "The user submerges themselves in cleansing waters." Dives underwater turn 1, strikes turn 2. If user is statused, cures status on turn 1.
Viable Users: Araquanid, Quagsire
Description: This move is geared more towards bulky/defensive mons, specifically those that usually struggle with status. Thanks to the newly buffed Dive, they can simply dive underwater and wash that pesky status away (barring Freeze, of course), allowing them much greater longevity. Additionally, a few offensive mons can occasionally sub this move in to deal with burns; Liquidation is still preferable, but it's an option.

Move: Strength
Type: Normal
BP: 80
PP: 15 > 10 (Max 16)
Secondary Effects: Now a Punch Move ( Move Description: The target is slugged with a punch thrown at maximum power. ). If this move hits for "not very effective" damage, Atk +1. (Alternatively, it can just deal double damage like tinted lens if the previous effect is too much).
Viable Users: Tyranitar, Bewear, Braviary, Diggersby
Description: Pokemon that learn strength now have a neutral coverage move that can boost their attack. I designed normal types to benefit from this the most, as it discourages resists to switch in, and since most viable normal types have moves to hit steels and grounds, the +1 can be a difference maker. Ghosts are now the only resist to normals that run strength, which can be dealt with with coverage moves. Most physically bulky mons can still handle them though. Also, iron fist now boosts strength, so maybe it can be used on Infernape or hitmonchan?
This move will use the highlighted effect over the alternative as I would prefer this sub not overlap with PalpitoadChamp's or zxgzxg's subs. I am willing to allow this effect since it only gets the boosts against 2 types and Normal doesn't hit anything super-effectively.

Move:Strength
Type:Normal
BP:80->90(When making moves similar to this you need to take into account the typing, the 2 moves similar to this right now are great offensive typings with 1 immunity, so while the normal typing has 1 immunity, it is neutral against every type, so its overall, worse, So I am raising the standard 60 BP to 90)
PP:15->10(Max of 16)
Acc:100%->90%
Secondary Effects:
Strength inflicts damage and has decreased priority(-6). In a Trainer battle, it will switch out the target to the next Pokémon in line that has not fainted (if there is one). In a wild Pokémon battle with a single wild Pokémon, this move will cause the battle to end if the user's level is equal or greater than the target's; however, if there are multiple wild Pokémon in the battle, it works the same as in a Trainer battle.
If using this move causes the user to faint (such as if the target is holding a Rocky Helmet or has the Ability Rough Skin or Iron Barbs), the target will not be forced to switch.
Strength will fail to end wild Pokémon battles or switch out the opposing Trainer's Pokémon if the target has the Ability Suction Cups, is under the effects of Ingrain, or has Substitute set up.
When used on a Dynamax or Gigantamax Pokémon, Strength will deal damage but not force the target to switch out.

Viable Users: Machamp, Bewear(it already gets circle throw, but this is also a normal stab), Tyranitar
Description: This move has gained a new role in the power to switch out an enemy, a la Circle Throw, or Dragon Tail, this can be used on spikes stacking teams, or sand teams, to get quite a bit of chip, additionally it can be used as a strong normal type attacking move
BP: 90
Secondary Effect: This move has a 30% chance to raise the users attack by 1
Viable Users: Anything that needs a normal type move
Description: Even though it has less power then Return had, it comes with the added bonus of possibly raising your attack. It also doesn't have recoil damage like most other powerful normal type moves have. It comes with a nice possible attack boost too. (this may be too close to some others that have been posted like ARandomPerson's, but I think it is different enough)
Physical
PP: 20 (max 32)
Secondary Effect: This move is super effective against Rock Types.
New Users: Beedrill
Viable Users: Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pinsir, Mega Beedrill
Description: A move that allows physical attackers the loose to rock types to overcome that problem. It is also effective on some for better coverage than fighting moves that lower stats like cc and superpower.
PP: max 24
Secondary Effect: The user hits the opponent with force great enough to rip a hole through steel. Super effective against Steel-types.
New Users:
None
Viable Users: Bewear, Diggersby, Snorlax, Stoutland
Description: Strong STAB for Normal-types, ignoring its greatest weakness.

The voting phase will last until 12:00 AM/0:00 GMT on April 30th. Make sure to clearly mark who you are voting for with each move. Simply vote in order of whichever subs you prefer, with the first sub listed being your favorite. Submitters may vote their own sub as high as second. Anyone is welcome to vote!

Also, be sure to vote on which 3 moves you'd like us to fix in the next slate! You can vote for as many options as you want; also, feel free to stop by the BaM Discord if you have any other suggestions for future slates. [I know I misspelled Synchronoise in the poll, but frankly I'm really tired and I don't feel like retyping the whole poll for one mistake.]
>>>Slate 3 Poll<<<

Dive: stinky potato, ARandomPerson, PalpitoadChamp
Rock Smash: Ema Skye
Strength: PalpitoadChamp, ARandomPerson, EeveeGirl1380

Massive improvements to the submissions this time around, nothing looks particularly broken this slate and a lot of moves are very useful looking in paper, the rock smash submissions i didn't vote for stand on too niche for my taste though

Last edited:
Rock Smash: Ema Skye, okispokis, PalpitoadChamp

Dive: stinky potato, PalpitoadChamp, okispokis

Strength: PalpitoadChamp, zxgzxg, Paulluxx

And the votes are in. With 1st counting for 4 points, 2 for 3 and so on, here are the winners for slate number 2!

Busting boulders with Rock Smash: Ema Skye!
Move Name: Rock Smash
PP: 10
Secondary Effect: If Stealth Rock is on the user’s side, move does 1.5x damage and removes Stealth Rock (old effect removed)
Viable Users: Pretty much anything that gets the move
Description: This creates many more hazards removers, though it is limited to just one hazard (it is the best one though!). Fighting coverage is awesome and this opens up the option for many to use it as a coverage move in addition to a utility move, which is really cool!
Ema Skye: 24
okispokis: 18
PalpitoadChamp: 10
OPStellar: 2

Springing out of the murky depths with Dive: stinky potato!
stinky potato: 21
PalpitoadChamp: 14
okispokis: 12
ARandomPerson: 11
EeveeGirl1380: 5

Crushing the competition with sheer Strength: PalpitoadChamp!
Physical
PP: 20 (max 32)
Secondary Effect: This move is super effective against Rock Types.
New Users: Beedrill
Viable Users: Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Pinsir, Mega Beedrill
Description: A move that allows physical attackers the loose to rock types to overcome that problem. It is also effective on some for better coverage than fighting moves that lower stats like cc and superpower.
PalpitoadChamp: 20
zxgzxg: 19
Paulluxx: 12
EeveeGirl1380: 5
ARandomPerson: 5

Congratulations to all our winners! And with that, let me just announce our next slate:
1619737744135.png
1619737790598.png
1619737902486.png

Slate 3: School's Out
Suggested by ARandomPerson. The Isle of Armor brought several shake-ups to the competitive scene, mainly a set of 18 brand new tutor moves! Many of these moves like Poltergeist, Triple Axel and Grassy Glide have had a huge impact on the meta, but other moves have not been quite as impressive, such as the three moves we're buffing this slate: Corrosive Gas, Burning Jealousy and Skitter Smack! Corrosive Gas was intended as a more passive counterpart to Knock Off, and with an effect like item removal you'd think it'd be great; in practice, though, it's usage ends at maybe Vileplume. Perhaps it's because Gas lacks any offensive pressure, perhaps it's because most Poison types aren't built to make good use of it, but this thing has just completely floundered in Singles. Burning Jealousy was always going to have an uphill battle in Singles since it was specifically designed for VGC, but it's secondary effect being dependent on the target's actions plus mediocre BP makes it strictly outclassed by many special Fire moves. Skitter Smack- honestly might be the worst of the bunch, a clone of Spirit Break with worse BP, a worse offensive typing and not even 100% accuracy; this move is just bad. No specific notes this time, just follow the basic guidelines and you're good!

In other news, the poll for next slate is now open, so go ahead and vote for which moves you want to see altered in Slate 4! You can vote for as many as you want, or stop by the BaM Discord if there's any other slates you want to suggest. We're hoping to make this timing the standard for the polls from now on so that submitters have more time to plan out their submissions. Additionally, a quick announcement: I will soon be getting to work compiling a full list of all the moves we will be buffing at some point for future reference, which should hopefully be ready sometime next week.
>>>Slate 4 Poll <<<
Finally, I wanted to announce this in advance: Over the last 2 slates, I've noticed that most of the votes have been concentrated within the first 2 days of the voting phase. The only user who has actually voted past that point has been myself! As such, with this slate, I am limiting the voting phase to 3 days. My hope is that by tightening this part of the process, we can improve the mod's pacing and keep a more consistent level of community engagement. We'll be trying this out this slate, and depending on how things go this will be the new voting phase duration moving forwards. However, the submission process will remain the same length, so you still have until 0:00 GMT/12:00 AM on May 7th, or about one week, to submit your ideas for the current slate. Make sure to keep the guidelines in mind, but otherwise get out there and Bust a Move!

Move: Corrosive Gas
Type: Poison
Status
BP: ---
PP: 40 (max 64)
Secondary Effect: Removes the target's item and poisons them regardless if they are steel.
New Users: Toxtricity (Both), Skrelp line, Venonat line
Viable Users: Toxtricity (Both), Salazzle, Garbodor
Description: It is a corrosive gas and gas can be poisonous so...

Move: Burning Jealousy
Type: Fire
Special
Secondary Effect: Hits all adjacent opponents. Burns the target if they had any of their stats boosted this turn or last turn.
New Users: Charizard, Infernape, Darumaka, Blisseyjkjk
Viable Users: Moltres, Cursola, Zoroark, and any pokemon that gets it that is worried about becoming set-up fodder.
Description: It just needs a buff to make it stand out from flamethrower.

Move: Skitter Smack
Type: Bug
Physical
BP: 40
PP: 30 (max 48)
Secondary Effect: Has +1 Priority.
Viable Users: Pokemon that want priority
Description: Priority go brrrrrrrr

Also let me say this is the second pet mod I've ever won a slate in. ThankYouGuysSoMuch

Burning Jealousy
Special
PP: 10 (16 max)
BP: 80 (+10)
Second Effect:
Jealous, the user attemps to copy the opponents moves. The move uses the opponents stat changes before calculating (positive AND negative)
New users: Charizard (duh).
Viable users: Charizard, Heatran, Chandelure,
(only added for moves that would work in vgc) Strats: (niche) Flatter malamar (with topsy turvy for later) + Burning J mon/ Just Burning J due to the abundance of weakness policy.
Description: I wanted to take jealous seriously. Copying the opponent’s Stat buffs includes room for choice specs or the sort. Just like the original, this had vgc in mind; The abundance of weakness policy made it clear.

Skitter Smack
Physical
PP: 16
Bp: 80
Accuracy: 100% (10+)
Secondary Effect:
The user creeps up on the target, Spooking them. If the user had a Status condition, The Status gets
transferred to the opponent.
New users: Heracross
Viable users:
Heracross, Golisopod, Centiscorch
Description: the beauty of this move is that multiple types of pokemon can use it, and also poison is not ignored by steel so its a way to get past steel without corrosion. Herracross after guts boost might be great if its about to die(also the only time toxic orb might be worth it)

also i won the slate (my first win in a pet mod) LETTS GOOOOOOOO thank you guys!

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Status
Secondary Effect: Removes the target's item. Replaces foe's ability with Sticky Hold.
Viable Users: Salazzle
Description: The item is negated, but it's still attached to the foe. This provides support with Knock Off as they'll always get the Knock Off boost. Ability denial is also cool.

Special
Secondary Effect: Burns foe if they have a stat boost or if user has a stat drop.
Viable Users: Most of them
Description: Provides more counterplay to Intimidate by burning Intimidate users, most of which are physical.

Last edited:
Physical
Secondary Effect: The user sneaks up to the opposing Pokemon in the shadows, boosting its speed stat by one
New Users: Heracross, Durant
Viable users: Heracross, Golisopod, Durant, *slower physical bug types*
Description: While it is weaker then Megahorn and First Impression to run as your bug type move, it gives a +1 speed, which is very good for slower physical attackers who can deal damage and speed up at the same time.

Special
BP: 75
Accuracy: 95%
Secondary Effect: Attacking out of jealousy, the user steals the targets stat boosts, then attacks.
New Users: Victini, Volcorona
Viable Users: Victini, Volcorona, *Stall fire pokemon*
Description: It allows pokemon like Victini who use moves that lower their stats, pokemon like Volcorona who use setup (i cannot tell you how many times i have tried to setup w/ volc and then the opponent starts setting up), and stall fire types, who can deal chip damage and prevent pokemon from setting up on them, special and physical attackers alike.

Status
Secondary Effect: The user corrodes the item of the opposing Pokemon, and allows Poison type moves to hit steel types for the rest of the battle.
Viable Users: Vileplume, Nihlego
Description: This move allows Pokemon who normally are walled by Steel types to be able to remove their item and be able to hit them. It can also be helpful for mono-Poison teams (if that ever happens).

:ss/ninjask: :ss/scizor:
Move Name: Skitter Smack
BP: 70 --> 85
PP: 10 --> 16
Accuracy: 90 --> 100
Secondary Effect: 50% Chance to raise Speed by 1 stage.
New Users: Ninjask, Ribombee, Tapu Koko, Scizor
Viable Users: Ninjask (could beat Regieleki,) Tapu Koko, Scizor
Description: Speed control. If any Psychic mons come up, you'd like to use this to beat them down.

:ss/volcarona: :ss/arcanine:
Move Name: Burning Jealousy
BP: 70 --> 95
PP: 5 --> 10
Accuracy: 100 --> 90
Secondary Effect: 30% chance to inflict Burn. Has 10% recoil.
New Users: Volcarona, Arcanine
Viable Users: Volcarona, Arcanine
Description: Recoil move that has a chance to burn. You can use this move to check Ferrothorn.

Edit: nerfed and fixed due to okispokis' suggestions

Last edited:
Subs have been pretty strong this slate. Just a few notes:

stinky potato: You've done a good job with balancing- maybe too good. From what I understand, your Burning Jealousy uses the opponent's SpA changes to calculate damage. This is a very interesting concept; that said, I think the PP might be too low. Given that this move is usually dependent on the opponent's actions, I think it might be better if you buffed it to 10 (max 16).

Ema Skye: No vetoes here, just wanted to use your description to bring up something about status moves: with the exception of Thunder Wave, status moves don't abide by the type chart. The type of the move is recognized, as seen in abilities like Flash Fire, but the move's type doesn't actually interact with the type of the opponent, aside from TWave being unable to hit Ground types. Toxic's failure against Steel types isn't due to the type-chart, but because the Steel type has an in-built immunity to the poison status (besides Corrosion). The canon version of Corrosive Gas already works against Steel type (I did double-check), and still will unless specified otherwise.

SlowAndBruh: Your Burning Jealousy is a bit too similar to Lava Plume, as it's the same move just with a bit of recoil and slightly better BP/lower accuracy. We want to avoid making move clones; something like the revised Strength is okay despite being a semi-clone of Freeze-Dry because it uses the idea of that move and applies it in a way unique to the Normal type. That said, your idea for a special recoil move is interesting and does make sense for the move's flavor, so you may want to focus on that; as long as it's not just special Flare Blitz and you can find an interesting angle for it, I'd be fine with it.

As for your Skitter Smack, 95 is a bit much given a secondary effect this good; just nerf it to 85 and you're good to go! We'd even be fine with you buffing accuracy further after this change, although that is your choice.
_____________​

With those out of the way, might as well throw my own subs into the ring:
Type:
Poison
BP: -
PP: 40-> 20 (max 32)
Accuracy
: 100%
Secondary Effect: Turns the user's item into Black Sludge unless item is already Black Sludge. Doesn't affect form- changing items [or Z Crystals].
New Users: Muk, A. Muk
Viable Users: Garbodor, Vileplume
Description: The user corrodes the item into toxic sludge which hurts most non-Poison types. This allows the user to generate passive chip against the opposing team while not hurting any allies who rely on Knock Off or Poltergeist. Of course, Poison types don't mind it as much and mons with Trick/Switcheroo can use Sludge to hurt the user's teammates, but being able to not only invalidate items but make them a hinderance for the enemy holds a lot of disruptive potential.

Type:
Fire
BP: 70-> 80
PP:
5-> 10 (max 16)
Accuracy
Secondary Effect: If the target has positive stat changes, user gains +1 SpA before attacking.
New Users
: Houndoom, Infernape, Pyroar
Viable Users: Infernape, Pyroar, Zoroark
Description: The user is so overcome by jealousy that their own special attack rises out of sheer anger. With its new secondary effect, Burning Jealousy becomes a great asset for revenge killers, with the prospect of SpA boosts forcing the opponent to either switch or become set-up fodder itself. This new facet of Jealousy allows these special attackers to boost when Choice locked or set-up while keeping offensive momentum (or in Pyroar's case, giving it set-up at all). Zoroark can also make good use of it due to its signature surprise factor.

Type:
Bug
BP: 70-> 85
PP:
10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 90%-> 100%
Secondary Effect
: Lowers target's evasion by 1 stage.
New Users
: None
Viable Users: Crustle, Durant, Dusknoir
Description: By attacking from behind, the user causes the target to freeze-up out of fear, thereby making it easier for subsequent hits to land. This plus its decent power buff allows Skitter Smack to offer good support for inaccurate teammates and/or provide better follow-up opportunities for the user, such as Crustle's Stone Edge or Dusknoir's Poltergeist. Durant particularly benefits from this buff, now able to get around its classic problem with Hustle's accuracy drop.
In other news, I would like to announce that the list for every move that will eventually be buffed in this Mod is mostly complete! However, there are quite a few moves where it's either not entirely clear if the move needs a buff or there have been points made against including these moves. In order to make a conclusive plan that will satisfy the community, I have thus decided to let you all decide which of these moves will be buffed, via the survey you see below. Heads up: there are over 20 moves to be double-checked, but it is important we determine where all these moves fit in with our plan. There will be room for a few tweaks after the survey, but I would prefer to get as many definitive answers as possible here. There are also a few particular moves that could potentially be good, but are still not used consistently; if the community decides not to buff these moves, they will instead get a special limited distribution at some point. With all that said, here is the survey:

Prospective submitters still have another 24 hours to submit their takes on the current slate of moves.

Last edited:
SlowAndBruh: Your Burning Jealousy is a bit too similar to Lava Plume, as it's the same move just with a bit of recoil and slightly better BP/lower accuracy. We want to avoid making move clones; something like the revised Strength is okay despite being a semi-clone of Freeze-Dry because it uses the idea of that move and applies it in a way unique to the Normal type. That said, your idea for a special recoil move is interesting and does make sense for the move's flavor, so you may want to focus on that; as long as it's not just special Flare Blitz and you can find an interesting angle for it, I'd be fine with it.
darn i didn't know that, i might be changing it soon

Move Name: Corrosive Gas
PP: 20
Accuracy: 70
Secondary Effect: Badly poisons the target if they are holding an item. If they aren't, poisons the target.
New Users: Toxapex, Eternatus
Viable Users: Mew, Tentacruel and Nilhego to an extent, Toxapex
Description: Removes the targets item.

Last edited:
Okay, and subs are closed. Two subs had to be rejected; don't feel too bad, there's always next slate! The eligible subs:

Status
Secondary Effect: Removes the target's item and poisons them regardless if they are steel.
New Users: Toxtricity (Both), Skrelp line, Venonat line
Viable Users: Toxtricity (Both), Salazzle, Garbodor
Description: It is a corrosive gas and gas can be poisonous so...

Status
Secondary Effect: Removes the target's item. Replaces foe's ability with Sticky Hold.
Viable Users: Salazzle
Description: The item is negated, but it's still attached to the foe. This provides support with Knock Off as they'll always get the Knock Off boost. Ability denial is also cool.

*To clarify, this sub negates the item's effects while giving the target Sticky Hold.
Status
Secondary Effect: The user corrodes the item of the opposing Pokemon, and allows Poison type moves to hit steel types for the rest of the battle.
Viable Users: Vileplume, Nihlego
Description: This move allows Pokemon who normally are walled by Steel types to be able to remove their item and be able to hit them. It can also be helpful for mono-Poison teams (if that ever happens).

Type:
Poison
PP: 40-> 20 (max 32)
Accuracy
Secondary Effect: Turns the user's item into Black Sludge unless item is already Black Sludge. Doesn't affect form- changing items [or Z Crystals].
New Users: Muk, A. Muk
Viable Users: Garbodor, Vileplume
Description: The user corrodes the item into toxic sludge which hurts most non-Poison types. This allows the user to generate passive chip against the opposing team while not hurting any allies who rely on Knock Off or Poltergeist. Of course, Poison types don't mind it as much and mons with Trick/Switcheroo can use Sludge to hurt the user's teammates, but being able to not only invalidate items but make them a hinderance for the enemy holds a lot of disruptive potential.

Special
Secondary Effect: Hits all adjacent opponents. Burns the target if they had any of their stats boosted this turn or last turn.
New Users: Charizard, Infernape, Darumaka, Blisseyjkjk
Viable Users: Moltres, Cursola, Zoroark, and any pokemon that gets it that is worried about becoming set-up fodder.
Description: It just needs a buff to make it stand out from flamethrower.

Burning Jealousy
Special
PP: 10 (16 max)
BP: 80 (+10)
Second Effect:
Jealous, the user attemps to copy the opponents moves. The move uses the opponents stat changes before calculating (positive AND negative)
New users: Charizard (duh).
Viable users: Charizard, Heatran, Chandelure,
(only added for moves that would work in vgc) Strats: (niche) Flatter malamar (with topsy turvy for later) + Burning J mon/ Just Burning J due to the abundance of weakness policy.
Description: I wanted to take jealous seriously. Copying the opponent’s Stat buffs includes room for choice specs or the sort. Just like the original, this had vgc in mind; The abundance of weakness policy made it clear.

Special
Secondary Effect: Burns foe if they have a stat boost or if user has a stat drop.
Viable Users: Most of them
Description: Provides more counterplay to Intimidate by burning Intimidate users, most of which are physical.

Special
BP: 75
Secondary Effect: Attacking out of jealousy, the user steals the targets stat boosts, then attacks.
New Users: Victini, Volcorona
Viable Users: Victini, Volcorona, *Stall fire pokemon*
Description: It allows pokemon like Victini who use moves that lower their stats, pokemon like Volcorona who use setup (i cannot tell you how many times i have tried to setup w/ volc and then the opponent starts setting up), and stall fire types, who can deal chip damage and prevent pokemon from setting up on them, special and physical attackers alike.

Type:
Fire
BP: 70-> 80
PP:
5-> 10 (max 16)
Accuracy
Secondary Effect: If the target has positive stat changes, user gains +1 SpA before attacking.
New Users
: Houndoom, Infernape, Pyroar
Viable Users: Infernape, Pyroar, Zoroark
Description: The user is so overcome by jealousy that their own special attack rises out of sheer anger. With its new secondary effect, Burning Jealousy becomes a great asset for revenge killers, with the prospect of SpA boosts forcing the opponent to either switch or become set-up fodder itself. This new facet of Jealousy allows these special attackers to boost when Choice locked or set-up while keeping offensive momentum (or in Pyroar's case, giving it set-up at all). Zoroark can also make good use of it due to its signature surprise factor.

Physical
BP: 40
PP: 30 (max 48)
Secondary Effect: Has +1 Priority.
Viable Users: Pokemon that want priority
Description: Priority go brrrrrrrr

Skitter Smack
Physical
Bp: 80
Accuracy: 100% (10+)
Secondary Effect:
The user creeps up on the target, Spooking them. If the user had a Status condition, The Status gets
transferred to the opponent.
New users: Heracross
Viable users:
Heracross, Golisopod, Centiscorch
Description: the beauty of this move is that multiple types of pokemon can use it, and also poison is not ignored by steel so its a way to get past steel without corrosion. Herracross after guts boost might be great if its about to die(also the only time toxic orb might be worth it)

Physical
Secondary Effect: The user sneaks up to the opposing Pokemon in the shadows, boosting its speed stat by one
New Users: Heracross, Durant
Viable users: Heracross, Golisopod, Durant, *slower physical bug types*
Description: While it is weaker then Megahorn and First Impression to run as your bug type move, it gives a +1 speed, which is very good for slower physical attackers who can deal damage and speed up at the same time.

Move Name: Skitter Smack
BP: 70 --> 85
PP: 10 --> 16
Accuracy: 90 --> 100
Secondary Effect: 50% Chance to raise Speed by 1 stage.
New Users: Ninjask, Ribombee, Tapu Koko, Scizor
Viable Users: Ninjask (could beat Regieleki,) Tapu Koko, Scizor
Description: Speed control. If any Psychic mons come up, you'd like to use this to beat them down.

Type:
Bug
BP: 70-> 85
PP:
10 (max 16)
Accuracy: 90%-> 100%
Secondary Effect
: Lowers target's evasion by 1 stage.
New Users
: None
Viable Users: Crustle, Durant, Dusknoir
Description: By attacking from behind, the user causes the target to freeze-up out of fear, thereby making it easier for subsequent hits to land. This plus its decent power buff allows Skitter Smack to offer good support for inaccurate teammates and/or provide better follow-up opportunities for the user, such as Crustle's Stone Edge or Dusknoir's Poltergeist. Durant particularly benefits from this buff, now able to get around its classic problem with Hustle's accuracy drop.

As I previously announced, we are going to be trying out a shorter voting phase this slate, so you have until 0:00 GMT/12:00 AM on May 10th, or about 72 hours from now, to get your votes in. As always, vote for as many slates as you want for each move, first being your favorite, and your own sub can be as high as second. And finally:

The result of our poll is in! For slate 4, we will be buffing the moves Ominous Wind, Fairy Wind and Razor Wind! You can use the voting period to start planning out your ideas for these moves (happy to give feedback for prospective subs on our Discord server), although please refrain from posting these subs until after the voting phase is over. While I will be going into more detail about these moves once Slate 4 opens, I should also announce a special condition for this next slate: for the move Razor Wind, submitters may leave it as Normal type OR change it to Flying type. The move's flavor makes the type change a natural choice, although there are likely several interesting avenues that can be explored with it as a Normal move. That said, it's all up to you!

what i would be like when my burning jealousy gets rejected: OMG NOOOO MY BURNING JEALOUSY GOT REJECTED IM REPORTING YOU TO A MOD OMG
Ey2wfpyWYAQAbgc.jpg

what i am actually like: oh ok that's understandable :blobthumbsup:

anyways, votes:
Corrosive Gas:
EeveeGirl1380, okispokis, Ema Skye
Burning Jealousy:
before i vote on this, isn't eeveegirl1380's burning jealousy just a weaker special spectral thief? anyways

okispokis, PalpitoadChamp, Ema Skye
Skitter Smack:
stinky potato, okispokis, PalpitoadChamp (my new move sucks ig)

Paulluxx

[Regional Manager of Big Shifu]
is a Community Contributor
Hey guys, I didn't sub for this slate because I was sort've having idea blockage

Skitter Smack- Okispokis, PalpitoadChamp, Slowandbruh
Burning Jealousy- Okispokis, Ema Skye, Eeveegirl(Slowandbruh I will say that yes this is a clone of spectral thief, but the way its using a legendary exclusive move, and changing it into a standard move has precedent in the series, and its also a cool move.)
Corrosive Gas- Ema Skye, Okispokis, Palpitoadchamp (I will say that okis and emas corrosive gases really did well in using the base move to create a new dynamic while not messing with your teammates knock damage, Emas just edged it out by a little bit because I like the concept of Sticky hold over black sludge damage)

tagging okispokis to reject eeveegirl's burning jealousy because it's a clone of spectral thief if he can
First off, I'd like to repeat that posters should refrain from one-liners on the thread. Second and more importantly, I already approved EeveeGirl's Burning Jealousy because while it has the same secondary effect as Spectral Thief, its execution is rather different. As I stated in the feedback post, I am fine with borrowing elements of a pre-existing move for your sub as long as it has significant differences with the move. EeveeGirl's is fine because a) it is a different type, b) it is special rather than physical, and c) its distribution means it would inherently play differently from Spectral Thief (those that can use the move effectively inherently play differently from Marshadow). The reason your Burning Jealousy was rejected was because it was both the same type and designation as Lava Plume, and didn't offer enough differentiation from Lava Plume to justify it being a different move, whereas EeveeGirl's move has enough differences from Spectral Thief to justify its existence while also giving more mons access to this effect (as Paulluxx stated, this does have precedent) since we're not buffing Spectral Thief; it also fits the flavor of the move. If it was just a clone of Spectral Thief as you claim it is, I would have rejected it in the feedback post.

On top of the fact that I am not going to remove a submission from the list with voting currently open just because you asked me to, this kind of "pls remove" post is incredibly disrespectful to the submitter; there is no good reason for you to publicly call out another submitter on the thread, especially when they are not actually in the wrong. This attitude does not reflect the kind of community we are trying to make here, and will not be tolerated. I was willing to overlook it on your vote because I thought you were just expressing an opinion, but actively trying to get it removed from the list because you don't like it crosses the line in terms of acceptable behavior in this thread. If you have issues with a sub, you can always go on the discord and respectfully bring up your objection to the move (and you should do so before we close submissions, which you had the opportunity to do). I am willing to let you keep participating for now, but I do not want to see this kind of behavior again, and there will be "consequences" if I have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)