BW BW OU Global Championship: Round 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored by Lutra

Signups | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4 | Round 5 | Semifinals | Finals

Introduction

BW OU Global Championship is a standard BW OU Tournament with a goal to find the best BW OU player of the year.
The defending champion is Finchinator.

Each round will consist of 2 stages. The first stage each player will be given 2 sets of pairings, in which they play a best-of-3 vs their opponent. After the first stage is completed and the host has determined wins, players who win both their matches go through to the next round, while players who lost twice are eliminated. The players who won 1, lost 1, battle it out in a tiebreaker FT2W in stage 2 to join the two-time winners in the next round (or the player wins the tournament in the case of a final). If a 3-way final, a 3-man FT2W round robin will determine the winner of the tournament (repeated if necessary).

The prize returns from last year: a $50 (or equivalent) amazon gift card will be given out to the winner!
The winner will also earn the right to display
in their signature.

Past BW OU Global Championship Tournaments

BW OU Global Championship 2018

Additionally, the winner of BW OU Global Championship will earn the right to compete in the year-end RoA Forum Championship, competing in the BW OU division for the
medal (to go in their signature).

You can also earn qualification points for the year-end BW OU Championship.

BW OU Championship 2019

BW OverUsed Format

Banned Pokémon
Arceus (All formes), Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys, Deoxys-Attack, Deoxys-Defense, Deoxys-Speed, Dialga, Genesect, Giratina, Giratina-Origin, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Kyurem-White, Landorus, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Shaymin-Sky, Thundurus, Tornadus-Therian, Zekrom.

Banned Moves
Double Team, Fissure, Guillotine, Horn Drill, Minimize, Sheer Cold (Evasion + OHKO moves).

Banned Abilities
Arena Trap, Sand Veil, Snow Cloak, Sand Rush, Shadow Tag

Banned Ability Combinations
Drizzle AND Swift Swim, Drought AND Chlorophyll

Banned Items
Soul Dew.

Clauses
Baton Pass Clause, Sleep Clause, Species Clause.

Tournament Format : pseudo-double elimination (64 man as an example)

Round 1:
Stage 1 - 2 sets of 32 FT2W matches (64 unseeded players, subs period) & Stage 2
Round 2: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 16 first-to-2-win matches (32 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 3: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 8 first-to-2-win matches (16 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 4: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 4 first-to-2-win matches (8 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Round 5: Stage 1 - 2 sets of 2 first-to-2-win matches (4 unseeded players) & Stage 2
Finals: Stage 1 - 1 set of first-to-2-win matches (2 unseeded players)
Stage 1 End: Players with 2 match wins go through, and those with 2 losses are eliminated.
Stage 2: Players with a 1-1 record play each other in a FT2W match to see who progresses (or wins the final).

Tie Rules

Battle ties do not progress either player towards winning the match.

Arrange location: Profile posts on the Smogon Forums.
Battle location: Pokémon Showdown! Smogon Server

Deadline
Stage 1 final deadline: July 21st, 11:59pm GMT -4​

Ackler

Banned deucer.
i have waited for 30 minutes at the time dice and i agreed to play
i have not heard anything from dice
it would dishearten me to not be able to play
but i have very real time restrictions
i already need extensions for every other tournament i am in
i wish players would respect my time and arrive on the agreed times
i will try to battle dice but i might not be able to

edit:
it has been over 1 hour now i am leaving

Last edited:

Ackler

Banned deucer.
it hurts me to do this
but dice has not arrived a second time at the time he agreed to play
i will not be able to play again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)