[BW OU] Tournament of Second Chances II (Sign-Ups)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestfall

levitate, levitate, levitate, levitate
Original host: Philip7086
Original winner: JabbaTheGriffin
Original finals thread: here

Approved by Zebraiken

[imaginary tour logo]

The Tournament of Second Chances II

You feelin' lucky, punk? Well, unfortunately for you, you're going to need a lot more than luck to win this tournament. The Tournament of Second Chances is designed to promote skill above all else as the deciding factor on who wins. If you think the only thing preventing you from winning a major tournament is your bad luck, then now's your chance to prove it.​

WARNING: This tournament is a big commitment. Be sure to read all the rules carefully before signing up. I reserve the right to reject anybody who I believe did not read the rules completely before signing up.
Tournament Rules
  • General tournament rules and regulations can be found here.
  • Standard BW OU
  • Best of three, double elimination.
  • Battles should take place on either the PS (main) or Smogtours servers.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts, get in contact with your opponent and report missed times / scheduling issues only.
Battle Clauses:
  • 6v6 Singles
  • Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Moody Clause
Non-Standard Rules:
  • Each player must submit up to 5 teams before the tournament starts
    • You can only use one of these 5 teams in every match for this entire tournament.
    • You cannot change any part of any of these teams at any time throughout the tournament.
    • If you do not have 5 teams to submit, you are allowed to enter with less, but just note that you will not be allowed to submit more teams later on in the tournament. In other words, you will be restricting yourself to however many teams you initially submit.
  • Best of 3 Matches
    • Only the loser may switch teams (to one of those submitted ONLY) for the next match.
  • Double Elimination
  • In order for your signup post to be counted, it must contain all three of these words in it: "count", "me", and "in". You may post these words in any order you want, or in the middle of a sentence even, so long as I see those three words somewhere in your post. I'm only doing this to ensure that everybody who signs up has actually read these rules.
  • Replays OR battle logs must be saved and turned in to verify that both players used an exact team from their team bank. If you cannot provide a log, you will be asked to do a rematch. This obviously makes it the winner's responsibility if they want their win to be counted! DO NOT FORGET TO DO THIS!!!
  • Timer Rules: if you disconnect and your opponent chooses to take the win s/he will almost invariably be granted the win on that game (not the entire Bo3). The only time I will make an exception is if a win was 100% guaranteed (even a 5% miss chance will rule your chances of getting a win).

This tournament will be either 64- or 128-man depending on how many people sign up. Player lists will be determined based on 62.5% First Come, First Serve, and 37.5% randomized (in other words, the standard method). Rounds will last one week apiece with the possible exception of Round 1 lasting two weeks due to the sheer volume of people (if this hits 128). I will be very strict on round deadlines, because needing to build a team is not an issue for this tournament. I encourage everybody to post when they are active and ready to play so that I can gauge activity at the end of the round. Otherwise, unfinished match advancements will be decided by coin flips.

That being said, may you all have neutral luck, and may the best player win!

Signups Deadline: Ideally closing by the 25th midnight (EST) but if we are close to reaching 64 or 128 I may keep them up another day.

~~~~~

People who signed up correctly and are eligible to play:

1. littlelucario
  2. level 56
  3. jacob
  4. matthewc20090
  5. Foggi
  6. We Three Kings
  7. Obliviate
  8. Finchinator
  9. rozes
  10. ununhexium
  11. arifeen
  12. holiano
  13. BlazingDark
  14. Exiline
  15. all falls down
  16. disbelief
  17. Threw
  18. deoxys speed
  19. slurmz
  20. Confide
  21. RickyGao
  22. qwily
  23. Brian12345
  24. Shrug
  25. BKC
  26. Haruno
  27. DragunDancing
  28. Tokyo Tom
  29. Hitmontop129
  30. Nova
  31. Mysterious M
  32. H-C
  33. Curtain
  34. Teclis
  35. Jayde
  36. badabing
  37. Genesis7
  38. AndViet
  39. Contact
  40. Mael
---Up to this line guaranteed in for 64-man---
---Up to this line guaranteed in for 128-man---

The deadline for turning in your teams will be 12:01am (EST) 3 days after sign-ups are full and I post those who made the cut. This is to provide enough time to build teams. Round 1 matchups will be posted the same day as the deadline. If you do not turn your teams in by then, you will be subbed out.

Subbing:

Subs who submit their teams to me will be high on the priority sub list, and chances are, a few people won't turn in their teams despite the massive PM I plan to send out, so you'll probably make it in.

Last edited:
From the Lorax

On the end of a rope
he lets down a tin pail
and you have to toss in fifteen cents
and a nail
and the shell of a great-great-great-
grandfather snail.
Then he pulls up the pail,
makes a most careful count
to see if you've paid him
the proper amount.
Then he hides what you paid him
away in his Snuvv,
his secret strange hole
in his gruvvulous glove.
Then he grunts, "I will call you by Whisper-ma-Phone,
for the secrets I tell you are for your ears alone."
SLUPP!
Down slupps the Whisper-ma-Phone to your ear
and the old Once-ler's whispers are not very clear,
since they have to come down
through a snergelly hose,
and he sounds
as if he had
smallish bees up his nose.
"Now I'll tell you,"he says, with his teeth sounding gray,
"how the Lorax got lifted and taken away...

Last edited:

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
In

For the record I read half of it and I know to send in teams but I was in class as I read and didn't put the count me in part so count me in thanks etc haha

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)