move 4: Hyper Beam / Shock Wave
item: Choice Specs
ability: Pressure
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Set Description
=============
Zapdos runs thunderbolt as it is the most consistently strong STAB move that it has. Heat Wave beats Ferrothorn and non Bulky Occa Berry Genesect and Serperior with good rolls.. (Bulky Occa Berry sets can survive and use Flame Charge into Giga Impact, I tend to EV whenever I use Bulky Occa for Specs Zapdos anyway. Also, add some more examples on where Heat Wave is useful, like against Ferrothorn. Serperior is also an example but it is a roll to OHKO. In addition, Hidden Power Flying for Serperior should be noted. This should likely be only noted for non-Hidden Power Flying sets.) with Zapdos needs to pick between Hidden Power Flying, which beats Shaymin and Serperior; Hidden Power Ice, which beats Landorus-T and non-Yache Berry Garchomp; and Hidden Power Grass, which beats non-Rindo Berry Serperior and Rhyperior. Hyper Beam beats Haxorus and Rotom-Heat, while Shock Wave beats PP Stall Aerodactyl.

EVs
=============
The EVs gives maximum special attack while allowing it to outspeed Genesect.

Zapdos can also run a set with 228 HP EVs to live Water Gem boosted Timid Keldeo Hydro Pump, 252 Special Attack EVs with Modest to roll Shaymin and Serperior, with 28 Speed EVs left over.

Usage Tips
=============
Zapdos should use the move that does the most damage unless if it is against Aerodactyl where it should use Shock Wave if it has it.(AP)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Zapdos can use a PP Stall set with Thunderbolt, Protect, Roost, and Substitute with 252 HP EVs, 4 Special Attack EVs, and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature due to its Pressure ability. (explain why you could use this set, possible matchup benefits, and stuff of the sort. Are there any benefits to using either Reflect or Light Screen with this set over Thunderbolt? What are the major disadvantages with the set that make this set not as useable as the Choice Specs sets?)

Last edited:
QC I, will need to recheck this to make sure it is implemented properly.

additions / removals / comments

name: Fast Choice Specs
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Heat Wave
move 3: Hidden Power Flying / Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Grass
move 4: Hyper Beam / Shock Wave
item: Choice Specs
ability: Pressure
nature: Timid
evs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]

Set Description
=============
(Please comment why it runs Thunderbolt, mention that it is the most consistently strong STAB move.) Heat Wave beats Genesect.(AP) (Bulky Occa Berry sets can survive and use Flame Charge into Giga Impact, I tend to EV whenever I use Bulky Occa for Specs Zapdos anyway. Also, add some more examples on where Heat Wave is useful, like against Ferrothorn. Serperior is also an example but it is a roll to OHKO. In addition, Hidden Power Flying for Serperior should be noted. This should likely be only noted for non-Hidden Power Flying sets.) with Zapdos needing needs to pick its Hidden Power with Hidden Power Flying beats Shaymin and Serperior, Hidden Power Ice beats Landorus-Therian and non Yache-Berry Garchomp, and Hidden Power Grass beats non Rindo-Berry Swampert and Rhyperior between Hidden Power Flying, which beats Shaymin and Serperior; Hidden Power Ice, which beats Landorus-T and non-Yache Berry Garchomp; and Hidden Power Grass, which beats non-Rindo Berry Serperior and Rhyperior. Hyper Beam beats Haxorus and Rotom-Heat,(AC) while Shock Wave beats PP Stall Aerodactyl.(AP) (biggest thing here is that you have to include Thunderbolt and use more examples for Heat Wave. Also, there's some quick grammar fixes and general clarifications that I added)

EVs
=============
The EVs increases Zapdos mixed bulk while allowing it to outspeed Genesect. (How does Zapdos with no investment in HP or SpD and only 4 investment in Def have a mixed bulk increase? You also don't always have to explain max max but using Genesect as an example here is quite nice!) Zapdos uses 4 Defense EVs to tank a Choice Scarf Haxorus Outrage. (I know for a fact that using 4 HP does this too, mention why would you use Defense over HP in this case if there is a reason for this?) Zapdos using Hidden Power Ice has 2 Attack IVs and 30 Defense IVs to use it, while Zapdos using Hidden Power Grass has 2 Attack IVS and 30 Special Attack IVs to use it. (it is my understanding that you do not have to explain this but you can also just say "after accounting for stat changes due to Hidden Power IVs when talking about Haxorus or something.)

Zapdos can also run a set with 228 HP EVs to live Water Gem boosted Keldeo Hydro Pump, 252 Special Attack EVs with Modest to roll Shaymin and Serperior, and 4 Special Defense EVs to not give Genesect a Special Attack Boost from Download. (where do the rest of the 24 EVs go? What are potential disadvantages to using this? I would also prefer if you made the anti-Keldeo set the main set.)

Usage Tips
=============
Zapdos should click use the move that does the most damage,(RC) unless if its it is against Aerodactyl,(AC) where it should click use Shock Wave if it has it.(AP)

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
=============
Zapdos can use a Pressure PP Stall set with Thunderbolt, Protect, Roost, and Substitute with 252 HP EVs, 4 Special Attack EVs, and 252 Speed EVs with a Jolly nature due to its Pressure ability. (explain why you could use this set, possible matchup benefits, and stuff of the sort. Are there any benefits to using either Reflect or Light Screen with this set over Thunderbolt? What are the major disadvantages with the set that make this set not as useable as the Choice Specs sets?)

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[bea, 481149]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1

Let me know when you've implemented these things. I'll recheck and probs give you QC 1/2 then. The biggest thing would be making Bulky Choice Specs another set instead of just making it a mention in alternate EVs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)