XY OU C-C-C-Crescent Toxicity!! (Max 1964 #7 on OU ladder)

Hello everybody! I'm AceStarThe3rd, and I'm going to show you my amazing [semi] stall team that I call
"C-C-C-Crescent Toxicity!!" (yes, the C's included).
This is a team that I have been very successful with, giving me about an 83% win ratio when I use it. It uses some unorthodox Pokemon that are extremely effective in my opinion in today's metagame! So lets get right into it, shall we? =D

C-C-C-C
Charizard, Chansey, Clefable, Cresselia, Tentacruel, Gliscor

Passion's Dream (Cresselia)

@ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 56 SpA / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: null Atk
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Psychic​

"CRESSELIA?!? This guy is a major scrub" is what most of you are likely thinking.
Yes Cresselia seems like a very odd choice for a Pokemon to pick, especially when there's Knock Off's, Scizors, TTars, and Aegislashes running around. However, the reason why Cresselia is the high point of my team is its effectiveness in taking neutral hits, spreading status, and checking specific threats.
With this EV spread, Cresselia is able to take a +2 Jolly Mega Pinsir's Return even after Stealth Rock, among a plethora of other physical attacks. The special attack is to OHKO Landorus after Stealh Rock damage, or a Life Orb recoiled Knock Off. It also can 2HKO Max HP Mega Venu after rocks. Finally, the Special Defense is to avoid a 2HKO from Choice Specs Keldeo's Hydro Pump.
The objective is to come in on physical threats, and either status them, status the incoming switch, or just attack them. Moonlight unfortunately is Cresselia's best way of recovering HP. HOWEVER, with the weather nerf, Moonlight is a far more viable move now.
Forms a nice Fairy/Psychic/Normal core with Chansey and Clefable!

Expresso (Tentacruel)

@ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze/Sludge Bomb​

"wth, Tentacruel is so outclass, gtfo noob"
Tentacruel may seem like a mediocre Pokemon on paper, but on the battlefield, he has a tendency to show off his usefulness. Tentacruel's main goal is to take Water, Fighting, Fairy, Ice, Steel, Poison, Bug, and Fire moves, which are some of the most common attacking types in the game. This set is able to check many things, such as Belly Drum Azumarill, SD Mega Mawile, Greninja, Keldeo, Charizard Y that lack Earthquake, Mega Venusaur, Clefable, and Aegislash!
Scald is a good STAB move that can give burns, which help with Tenta's lackluster 65 Base Defense. Rapid Spin is a great utility move to assist the team in eliminating hazards. Toxic Spikes is also a great thing against Hyper Offense teams, which usually lack a Poison type. Its also able to help the rest of the team, especially Gliscor and Chansey, stall out other Pokemon. The last move is usually Haze, but can be replaced with Sludge Bomb. Haze is a very helpful move that helps you take care of SubCM Keldeo and CM Clefable, among other things, such as threats that Cresselia T-waved. If you don't like Haze, even though it has very high "save me" potential, you can use Sludge Bomb.
The set maxes HP while having enough defense to take [Choice Banded] Play Roughs and Specs Secret Swords. The Sp.Def is to be able to take a large amount of neutral and resisted special attacks, namely Life Orb Greninja's Dark Pulse. 16 speed is to outspeed base 70s without a +Speed natural, like Bisharp.

Talk It Out (Gliscor)

@ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt​

Gliscor is my teams way to deal with other stall teams, Charizard X, and Bisharp. It also has a fantastic Ground immunity, so its a perfect fit!
Knock Off is great with Taunt, eliminating everything slower than Gliscor from being able to recover HP. It also removes Choice Items and Life Orbs from threats so that the other Pokemon can take hits more effectively. Earthquake is STAB, and can do a number to Bisharp and Mega Mawile. Roost restores about 62% of Gliscor's health after Poison Heal. Ice Beams usually become 2HKOs also. Taunt prevents all status moves, including Defog, Stealth Rocks, Set-up moves, healing moves, and other annoying moves.
The 60 speed is to outspeed other Gliscors and Adamant Bisharp.

Passion's Drive (Charizard-Mega-X)

@ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
YES! Charizard takes the role of my Mega Evolver, being able to Mega Evolve into Charizard X, an S Tier monster. With Charizard X's amazing defensive and offensive typing, it fits very nicely onto this team. It is able to KO an enormous amount of Pokemon, especially late game. Its also able to take Knock Offs!
Roost is to recover HP taken from Rocks and Flare Blitz Damage. It must be played intelligently, else Charizard is wasted. Dragon Claw and Flare Blitz hit a large amount of Pokemon with neutral damage, and is excellent STAB. Earthquake is able to OHKO Heatran and hit Azumarill with neutral damage. Try not to reveal Earthquake if you see a Heatran, for once it is shown, the Heatran will try to evade Charizard X and be a huge hindrance to the rest of the team.
The EV's max out offensive power while outspeeding base 80s with max speed.

HARMONIX (Chansey)

@ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss​

This is a sort of self explanatory: Keep everybody alive .
Wish is able to give Cress about 75% of its HP back, while giving everybody else back to almost 100%! Use your Heal Bells with care, as you need them for Cresselia or if Gliscor's Toxic Orb gets Knocked Off!
Forms a nice Fairy/Psychic/Normal core with Cresselia and Clefable!

MAGIC WINX (Clefable)

@ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind/Flamethrower/Stealth Rock​
The last Pokemon on this team is one that is a phenomenal asset: Clefable! Clefable is your generic answer to Dragon, Fighting, and Dark types, while being about to stop set up sweepers with its Unaware ability! Its also a last resort Chansey!
Moonblast is your primary STAB which does a ton of damage to Pokemon that are weak to it, even without investment! It also has no immunities, so it can function as its mono attack. Wish is able to give Clefable up to 62% after 2 turns with Leftovers. Its also a good way to help out the rest of the team! Protect is awesome, as it gives Clefable a way to effectively get its HP back with Wish. It also scouts, and works well if Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes manage to inflict a status on the opponent! The last move is very important and subjective, depending on what you feel you need. Calm Mind is a good way to late game sweep, and set up on opponents who are assuming you're Magic Guard. Flamethrower is able to hit Ferrothorn, Mawile, Aegislash, Skarmory, Bisharp, and other steels [bar Heatran] for super effective damage! Stealth Rock is a good move in general, and really can rack up damage with Pokemon that avoid Tentacruel's Toxic Spikes, like Talonflame and Thundrus I!
The EV's are for maximum defensive bulk. Specially Defensive can also work, but Chansey outclasses it, and isn't as effective with Calm Mind.
Forms a nice Fairy/Psychic/Normal core with Chansey and Cresselia!

SO, that is the team! Though it looks questionable on paper, I'm sure you'll enjoy it!
If you want to see it in action with me, watch my PS Live with it here!

Or here's a replay!
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-127993558

Thanks guys, have fun with it and tell me what you think about it!
Here's an exportable version!​
Passion's Dream (Cresselia) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 56 SpA / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonlight
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam
- Psychic

Expresso (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 56 SpD / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Talk It Out (Gliscor) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Taunt

Passion's Drive (Charizard-Mega-X) @ Charizardite X
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz

HARMONIX (Chansey) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Natural Cure
Bold Nature
- Soft-Boiled
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

MAGIC WINX (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Calm Mind

Last edited:

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Nice team dude. I think I faced you on the ladder once. The name and Cresselia seem familiar (idr who won tho)

The only suggestion I have is to change Gliscors HP EVs to 244. It hits a poison heal number and give you a bit more room to speed creep with the remaining EVs.

I don't see any glaring weaknesses as of yet, but I do think I'll try this out on PS. Cresselia stall looks really cool. If I find any, I'll let you know.

You could try sub/protect gliscor over roost/knockoff or taunt which would be pretty sick in conjunction with toxic spikes.

I'd go with rocks on chansey over heal bell and move it to clef instead.

Speed Creep a tiny bit more with gliscor imo

Mega-Venu seems like such a pain in the ass but I guess you can fish for a burn with tentacruel and liquid ooze for leech seed lol

it seems a lot better than the generic bad stall team I saw you use before looks pretty cool

hey ace~

i've been trying your team recently (i hope that's ok :pp) and it is a really effective and fun team to use. I've only lost a couple times due to recklessly using gliscor or charizard.

So far, it handles alot pokemon's well, although i have a lot of trouble taking out swampert. Nothing on this team can ohko it, and although Charizard can deal alot of damage, it dosen't want to take an eq.

Anyways, i just wanna say thanks for sharing your team~ And goodluck with your newer ones.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey Ace, amazingly gay solid team you have here :] Theres not really a lot to say, but I'm gonna suggest some minor changes;

Atm, Mixed Thundurus with Knock Off (lol my ct still stands, if you remember it ;]) is a huge problem to your team. I would suggest changing Zard's set to a tankier zard to solve this problem. This also lets you deal with stallbreaker Gengar (takes two Shadow Balls after rocks iirc.), who is very annoying for stall teams in general.

Charizard@ Charizardite X
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 188 SDef / 40 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Roost
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz / Will-O-Wisp

Speed EV's are to outspeed 72 Spe Gliscor :) Hope I helped, gl onwards fwen n_n

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
Belly Drum Azumarill, SD Mega Mawile, Greninja, Keldeo, Charizard Y that lack Earthquake, Mega Venusaur, Clefable, and Aegislash!
not exactly a reliable switch in to some of those-
252+ SpA Life Orb Aegislash-Blade Shadow Ball vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tentacruel: 169-200 (46.4 - 54.9%) -- 9.8% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
speedy LO, which is huge in tournaments and high level play, easily threatens the 2hko and other variuants can threaten the 3hko without fearing anything in return

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tentacruel in Sun: 127-150 (34.8 - 41.2%) -- 73.3% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Solar Beam vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tentacruel: 124-146 (34 - 40.1%) -- 38.3% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Tentacruel Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y in Sun: 62-74 (20.8 - 24.8%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
here's the thing: you have 0 reliable forms of recovery on tenta itself (not wish) so they can stay in fearing nothing and just 3hko which makes it hard on your tenta.
252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Scald vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tentacruel: 79-93 (21.7 - 25.5%) -- possible 5HKO after Black Sludge recovery
scald burn then hydro pump 2hkos next time, same thing with not being afraid to stay in and 3hko like Char Y and Aegis
the only thing this thing really deals with is BD azu/CM clefable because of possbile sludge bomb/haze
252 SpA Life Orb Protean Greninja Extrasensory vs. 252 HP / 56 SpD Tentacruel: 237-281 (65.1 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
extransensory is standard :/
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Sucker Punch vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Tentacruel: 332-391 (91.2 - 107.4%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
+2 252+ Atk Huge Power Mega Mawile Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 188+ Def Tentacruel: 280-330 (76.9 - 90.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
if you scald you die. if you don't scald you get 90% token off you with no retaliation except hazing which will just let them finish you up.

just posting this so you can correct this clearly ignorant description

Nice gay team. 10/10 it basically covers every type of pokemon.
No but seriously this team makes me feel sorry for the opponent and one thing if an opponent has mold breaker and is a potential sweeper your team might get crippled
Personally i would run dragon dance over roost on zard x but thats me lol.
:]

Solid team, but I would consider making clefable a full calm mind spread as opposed to a wishpasser, as chansey already does this, and does it better. By using cm/moon blast/flamethrower/soft boiled you gain a win condition who can still check what it needs to check, and in exchange lose soft boiled on chansey, which shouldn't be too much of a problem given you're playing full stall and so momentum is less of an issue. You do lose a stealth rocker however, so I would consider that, as well as weighing the options between stealth rock and heal bell on chansey.

I
Solid team, but I would consider making clefable a full calm mind spread as opposed to a wishpasser, as chansey already does this, and does it better. By using cm/moon blast/flamethrower/soft boiled you gain a win condition who can still check what it needs to check, and in exchange lose soft boiled on chansey, which shouldn't be too much of a problem given you're playing full stall and so momentum is less of an issue. You do lose a stealth rocker however, so I would consider that, as well as weighing the options between stealth rock and heal bell on chansey.
reaally like that idea =]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)