Thanks! I was a bit confused about the whole thing - is there any thread or forum I can post unrestricted sets?The reason this was locked should have been explained to you when the moderator locked your thread and moved it, but I'll do it for you now!
So it looks like you were trying to write Weavile for OU? The first part of the process that needs to be noted is that the analysis writing team is usually only accepting analyses for certain Pokemon at any one time, this lets writing focus on the most important mons that need to go up first, and tends to be released based on order on the VR.
The first thing you want to do if you want to write for something is to have a look at the reservation thread for the tier, in this case for OU this is the link.
This thread should explain the process for each specific tier, once you've read their rules and checked their formatting thread, you want to then check out the Reservations that are currently available for you to take at the bottom of the original post,
View attachment 491942
In this case there isn't any available for OU right now due to the Chien-pao suspect having just happened, and the Espathra quick ban too. When the OU team decides that they want to release more Pokemon to write, they will announce it in the Happenings Thread and/or reservation index, and you will see which Pokemon you can write for in the Unreserved section.
When you follow this process, the OU QC team will have sets in mind that they wish for you to write, you will typically only reserve one specific set from the list. If your set isn't in this list, you can make a case for including it in the OU discord's analysis channel section. You can also discuss your sets within the OU forum otherwise, making sure to follow the OU forums rules for this.
On the topic of the set you posted however, you should bear in mind that with the following comment:
You will be expected to write a paragraph on this if you decide to write an analysis. One of the most important things for you to do is to get experience with using the Pokemon yourself, this should give you a good idea of exactly how the Pokemon's set plays, and the sort of teams you would find it on. Big things to consider for an offensive Pokemon such as this are things like,
For the format currently being used you will typically want this to be fairly concise but you'll want to cover all the important things that are particularly necessary to the Pokemon. In general having a checklist like this that you can work through will help you work out what things are most important to the Pokemon in question and should therefore be mentioned.
- Does this Pokemon need support getting onto the field to break because its quite frail and unable to switch in much? If so what sort of Pokemon tend to bring it in reliably on its desired opposing Pokemon.
- Does this Pokemon struggle to break certain walls within the tier? What other Pokemon that tend to be checked by it can help it overwhelm it and break through it?
- Does it appreciate entry hazards to help wallbreak? What setters tend to pair best with it.
- Does it need entry hazard removal? Choiced weavile in this case is Rocks weak so it probably does, so think about what defoggers and/or rapid spinners best synergise with it. can they also help check Pokemon that threaten it, provide it with pivoting support, put pressure on its checks through stuff like knock off / status?
- Defensive pivots that can handle some of the offensive checks you tend to struggle with. In particular note if these provide other benefits to you such as hazards or removal, chip damage, pivoting etc.
I hope this helps, if you have any more questions feel free to ask!