- Pollen Puff
- Giga Drain
- Seed Bomb
- Zen Headbutt
- Encore
- Substitute
- Trick

[Pros]
- Have you ever wanted to run a second Celebi for some reason but species clause is getting in your way? Calyrex is here for you!
- I hear this guy gets pretty powerful on a horse!
- Higher BST than Clefable!
- Better legendary than Phione is (probably)!

[Cons]
- That second Celebi comes at the cost of 100 BST.
- No horse :(
- Speaking of Celebi, anything bad about that Pokemon applies to Calyrex 10 times over.
- Seriously, though, there is nothing this Pokemon has over Celebi. No notable moves, the Ability is worse, no coverage, everything.

[Potential Sets]
Royally Screwed
Calyrex @ Choice Specs
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Leaf Storm
- Psychic
- Pollen Puff / Energy Ball
- Trick

Absolutely demolish opposing defensive cores with impeccable Grass/Psychic/Bug coverage backed by an absolutely nuclear 80 Special Attack! Leaf Storm blows past all but the mightiest (read: any) of Steel-types, having a chance to OHKO offensive Landorus-Therian! Psychic demolishes the Naganadels foolish enough to take Calyrex for setup fodder. Pollen Puff blasts through the Ferrothorns that Calyrex lures in, blowing through them with a potential 4HKO! Trick allows Calyrex to leverage his pathetic noodle limbs to attract walls and cripple them with his item! In all honesty, though, this thing sucks.

Last edited:

FatFighter2

zacian waifu :flushed:
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Champion
honestly I can't see this even in PU. I say this drops to untiered. Liligant is also in PU and packs quiver dance, practically rendering anything Calyrex could do null and void. Liligant can also run specs better than Calyrex. Lurantis, Appletun, Ferroseed, Roselia, and the Gourgeist forms are also in PU and are quite good too. At least, in NU there's Mudsdale for Calyrex to combine play with.

Not to beat a dead guy-who-rides-a-horse but there isn't even a good niche for this poor king among the untiered Pokés in ZU. Want Trick Room? Beheeyem, Oranguru, and Gourgeist have better statlines for it. Were you thinking a double dance set with Agility and CM? Bellossom has Quiver Dance and a less vulnerable typing. Dual Screens? Meowstic, Mr. Mime, Pikachu and Raichu are all faster and more powerful. Not to mention it has NOTHING to touch tier juggernaut Klang. If you're looking for a special attacker with specifically Grass/Psychic/Bug coverage then I guess you can use him, but if you put Calyrex on your team for so specific a reason then I have to assume that you dgaf about how good it is.

Not to beat a dead guy-who-rides-a-horse but there isn't even a good niche for this poor king among the untiered Pokés in ZU. Want Trick Room? Beheeyem, Oranguru, and Gourgeist have better statlines for it. Were you thinking a double dance set with Agility and CM? Bellossom has Quiver Dance and a less vulnerable typing. Dual Screens? Meowstic, Mr. Mime, Pikachu and Raichu are all faster and more powerful. Not to mention it has NOTHING to touch tier juggernaut Klang. If you're looking for a special attacker with specifically Grass/Psychic/Bug coverage then I guess you can use him, but if you put Calyrex on your team for so specific a reason then I have to assume that you dgaf about how good it is.
Imagine being born as a sort of Pokémon God-King. A beast intelligent enough to ride a horse and speak with humans. What do the humans say?

"Worse than Bellossom"

It is a bad day to be a balloon deer.

Okay, I am absolutely stubborn as hell and was trying to find ONE use for Calyrex that wasn't overshadowed by Celebi, and I think I found one that's the most niche of niche, but it works better than Celebi in this one area due to specific move coverage options and lower speed.

Calyrex @ Room Service
Ability: Unnerve
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Leech Seed (Or any STAB Attacking Move)
- Encore
- Trick

Lower speed than Celebi making it a better Trick Room setter? Check. Access to Encore which Celebi doesn't have to yeet setup sweepers? Check. A nice combination of Trick and Leech Seed to completely shutdown certain Pokemon and allow for good switch-ins while also stealing items and giving the opponent none because Room Service was used? Check. HP and Special EVs are to survive all the Fire / Ghost / Dark / Ice special moves flying around. Bug 4x weakness is mostly physical and a bit of a lost cause tbh.

It gets absolutely fucked by Taunt, but you're trying to use Calyrex here for fuck's sake. The only way you can use it is by using it as a disruptor Pokemon. I just wish it got something like Super Fang, then this would be a lot easier.

Sorry everyone, I really had to scrape the bottom of the barrel and this is the only way I can imagine this thing being used in OU over Celebi.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)