Gen 7 Can someone help improve my team

Can anyone help improve my team, kinda just threw together pokemon i like. If possibele i reay want to keep nihilego and dusclops. Thanks!

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Night Shade
- Trick Room
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest

i usually lead with dusclops, he is pretty tanky thanks to the eviolite. I just trick room, then will o wisp if they are a physical and night shade spam. Ussally works

Nihilego @ Rockium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Power Gem
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

I added nihilego because i like the pokemon, i pretty much spam power gem, i ise hidden power to counter steel and electric to counter water(no counter for ground yet though)

Mimikyu @ Life Orb
Ability: Disguise
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Claw
- Play Rough
- Shadow Sneak

use mimikyuu for a physical sweeper and dragon killer, where im at druddigon and hydreigon run rampent so mimikyuu helps. I just swords dance untill disguise is broken.

Cloyster @ White Herb
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Surf

Another physical sweeper, making use of shell smash this time With cloyster i just shell smash once(using white herb) and if the pokemon is frozen/slp then ill shell smash twice. Afterwards i jsut sweep as much as i can(also kills dragons/flying really well)

Gallade @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

this guy is my fighting/psychic counter i just mega evolve swords dance than i usually OHKO or 2HKO the mon I
needed a mega pokemon and i thought gallade looked cool, ended up being shnasty agianst fighting/ psychic/ normal types

Serperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 56 HP / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute
- Glare

i iust added him because i needed a sixth mon on my team, not sure what to say here I just added him because i needed ground coverage and i like the contrary ability, also i got a serpirior card from mcdonalds, so thats fun i guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

Hi! I'm here to rate your team. I assume it is a gen7OU team. Sorry in advance for my English.

First I find :nihilego: an underrated choice for the OU meta-game and :dusclops: can act as a good defensive pokemon. However, these two pokemon are outclassed by others due to the lack of coverage, frailness and poor defensive typing in :nihilego: case; passivity and reliance on eviolite for :dusclops:. So they both need supports from their teammates in order to be effective.

Issues:
One of the big issues of this teams is the lack of structure and synergy: the team seems very aggressive with five offensive mon and one defensive/passive pokemon in :dusclops: (you need to choose if you want an aggressive team or a team balanced between defense and attack), nothing is made to help :nihilego: or its teammates to beat their respective counters.
While :mimikyu: is useful against dragon and dark it doesn't go along with :nihilego:: they both share the same counters (steel types and :toxapex:).
:cloyster: is not a great help against ground types and :nihilego: already deals with flying types.
:gallade-mega: is a good idea, dealing with steel types and having some utility against psychic types with knock off after a swords dance so i will keep it as it is. It pairs well with :dusclops:, punishing mons trying to knock off the eviolite (the ability justified)
:serperior: helps against ground types but is not a reliable switch in to them.
Finally, the team lacks answers against common and dangerous threats in the OU metagame, for example :nihilego: and :dusclops: fear :greninja-ash: and no mons on the team can switch into it safely.

Because you want to keep :dusclops: and :nihilego: I will direct you to a more balanced team with a good defensive backbone and offensive pokemon synergising well with them as it is impossible to make a good aggressive team with :dusclops:.

The team:
i tried to keep as much as your original team allowed me to do: the team I propose(click me)

Major changes:
removing :mimikyu: and :cloyster:: they don't help the team at all and don't improve :nihilego: matchup, both are physical attackers that struggle against :toxapex:, relatively frail (one on the physical side and the other on the special side) and prone to be revenge killed by priority moves or faster threats.

:serperior: ->:tapu-bulu::why is it better? tapu bulu is bulkier and is a reliable answer to :greninja-ash: with its typing providing resistances against dark and water attacks. Moreover the ability grassy surge activates the grassy terrain halving the damage from earthquake and allowing pokemon to recover a little (it helps :nihilego: and its huge ground weakness)

:sm/tapu-bulu:
Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect​

introducing :heatran:: :heatran: and :tapu-bulu: are great teammates, both completing each other well. Heatran is here to stop fire attacks that can destroy bulu and act as a counter against strong psychic types such as :tapu-lele:, therefore helping :nihilego: against that kind of pokemon. Grassy terrain is a blessing for heatran protecting him to be OHKO by earthquake from :landorus-therian:. heatran allows you to pass throught steel types such as :ferrothorn:. It allows you to set up stealth rocks as well.

:sm/heatran:
Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Stealth Rock​

:landorus-therian:: the team needs a ground and an electric immunity to stop teams relying on volt-switch to gain momentum. The ability intimidate is also useful nerfing physical attackers. I chose the scarf set because the team lacks speed and momentum (u turn)

:sm/landorus-therian:
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog​

minor changes:
:dusclops:: dusclops will act as your physically defensive pokemon, you already have specially defensives mons with :tapu-bulu: and :heatran: now.
Trick room isn't usefull because it doesn't profit the team (:nihilego: is fast) and :dusclops: does not need to be faster than other mons. seismic toss has more utility compare to night shade, allowing you to hit normal type mons. Rest is a good option with sleep talk. I kept will-o-wisp.

:sm/dusclops:
Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk​

:nihilego:: the best set is as toxic spikes setter. With heatran magma storm and the offensive pressure of :gallade-mega:, the poison is really good. electrium Z allows you to break toxapex at 75% or celesteela with previous damages as well as hitting jirachi or magearna for neutral damage. sludge wave pressures fairy types like :tapu-fini:, that will help :gallade-mega:.

:sm/nihilego:
Nihilego @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Thunder
- Sludge Wave​

Dusclops @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Seismic Toss
- Will-O-Wisp
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Nihilego @ Electrium Z
Timid Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Power Gem
- Thunder
- Sludge Wave

Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Protect

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 232 Atk / 68 Def / 208 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Defog

Hope you will enjoy the team :) and don't hesitate to respond or ask questions!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)