CAP 2 Pre-evo - Part 4.1 - Stat spread poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry for the delay, real life et cetera et cetera. Slating was hard largely because I haven't played much LC and it's been a while since I played it last. Thankfully, one submitter had the sense to post important calcs :P I was able to cull submissions that I felt were too powerful based on these.

The slated options are as follows:

My main reason for not slating the other submissions is pretty simple. I was convinced that 18 max Attack was too much for a Pokémon with the versatility to use stuff like Coil, Shell Smash and Swords Dance. Considering that even 32 Attack would be enough to OHKO offensive Gligar with Power Whip, this became a pretty crucial thing to avoid. Spork's submission survived, though, due to its terrible Speed.

The submissions are fairly similar but the differences are worth mentioning. Deck Knight and DTC both have less bulky spreads than Elevator Music, though DTC is beefier on the special side than Deck Knight. Engineer Pikachu stands out by being more specially bulky, but less physically bulky. srk1214 sells itself on its Speed.

This poll operates on instant-runoff voting. This means that order matters in your votes, but you may vote for any number of choices that you like. A typical vote might look like this:

Most Preferred
Second Most Preferred
Least Preferred

If the voter wishes, he may post comments on his vote below the actual vote. Only the vote itself should be bold and none of the supplementary text should be bold.
Note that any posts that do not contain a vote will be moderated and the poster warned. If you feel compelled to say something in your own vote, you may do so, but please don't try to incite a discussion here. Keep discussion to the IRC channel, #cap.

This poll will be open for 24 hours. The CAP 2 final product can be seen here.

Protip: Click on the egg for the art thread!

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Engineer Pikachu
Elevator Music
srk1214

Don't particularly enjoy your value judgment there, cape. If you consider mine the worst, then just don't slate it and give a good explanation why. I don't know why you would slate it but then dis it in the OP...

EDIT: I know you weren't actually insulting me and I don't feel insulted. My spread did feel insulted though. (Yes, it has feelings :p)

Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
DTC

I just think Elevator Music has the most thorough, sensible and convincing explanation. Engineer Pikachu and DTC are similar, though I personally kind of wish DTC didn't do that whole "flexible 2 digit" thing with most of his stats. Plus, I can forgive DTC for not having a "divisible by 5 goodness" spread because of the good competitive argument :P

Also I didn't mean to sound insulting to srk1214's post :( What I was trying to say was that a spread didn't have to be competitively good to be good for flavor and for the CAP pre-evo.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Engineer Pikachu
Elevator Music
DTC

Besides mine, I liked EM's and DTC's spreads because they mimic the stat spread of Necturna, and have a good balance. EM's has an excellent analysis and I like how his spread accounts for specific things, so kudos to him!

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Elevator Music
Spork
DTC
Deck Knight

I fell in love with Spork's set when I first saw it. The idea of equalizing offenses seems really key for its involvement in the LC metagame, and I really like how it fits flavor-wise as well. However, EM took that concept one step further (in my opinion) by adding a bit more speed to finish it off. I don't think we can really go wrong with any six of our submissions though; best of luck to all!

Elevator Music
DTC
srk1214
Spork
Deck Knight
Engineer Pikachu

EM's spread is just ideal in every sense of the word. I said it in the development thread, but I remain convinced that of the slate, his is without a doubt the most clutch of them all. Every notation is critical to the metagame, and every thought was both convincing and solid based on my own knowledge of competitive Pokemon. After that, DTC has the best spread, and the remaining spreads are ordered based first on weakest defenses and then by weakest offenses/speed. A lot of the lower ranked spreads as I posed them above underestimated the impact of Eviolite defenses and Shell Smash being Sketched.

Elevator Music
Deck Knight
Engineer Pikachu

The reasoning for the spreads that these three submitted really caught my attention. Elevator Music's spread in particular seems to fit this CAP the best in my opinion, especially the point about trying to avoid the pre-evo becoming the next Scraggy.

Asylum_Rhapsody

DTC
Deck Knight
Elevator Music
Engineer Pikachu
srk1214
Spork

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)