CAP 2 Pre-evo - Part 5 - Sprite submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

i edited the outline to a darker colour and i tried to make the leaf lean back more also made the leaf curve the other way

thanks quanyails for the suggestions
nice sprites crysthehamster but the leaf thing on its head looks as if it is leaning back in the front view and leaning forward in the back view
sorry about what i was saying about the leaf chrys. i looked at the first three sprites you made without realizing you changed them later im new to smogon comunity so i make mistakes

Necturine used toxic
Noobiess was poisened
Noobiess used rest
Noobiess regained full health and fell asleep
Noobiess woke up
Noobiess used paint

Yes, I've been sick last week so I couldn't really work on my sprite.
But luckely,I'm back :)

I made the leaf smaller, fixed the color and added a row of teeth.
But now I don't know wich pose I should use....

I also made an animation :D

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Seeing as things are wrapping up:

Final Submission

I used other baby pokemon as a guideline for my sprite. So, while it's not as fancy as other sprites, I tried to make it close to the in-game standard.

Comparison:

Comments:

• ikasu: Shading is better. White petals still look a li'l lopsided. Make the normal sprite slightly brighter, too. :) It's a bit gray from the current image.
  • Juicebox 001: I'll still choose the second one, with the comment to make the leaf's outline less bright.
  • MikaDo: The mouth is still off. D:
  • Steampowered: Nice use of lines and shadows. I would say shape as well, but I'm not sure if I like the front; it's a different take on it compared to other sprites, but it looks a bit... full? Not sure what word I should use to describe it. The leaf looks a little out of place, since the leaves with the eyes on them look a bit too symmetrical for the rest of the sprite.
  • nofacej: Weeell, the problem with the sprite, even though I think it's a good one, is that it's rather large, and it's not too congruent with 5th generation pokemon's style. I feel it works more as a portrait rather than an in-game battle sprite. :/
  • noobiess: The second ones, since they look like they're on the ground. The leaves still look polygonal, and the shading on them is a bit odd and geometric. But yay, the third row of teeth! And darn your animation, if that'll sway people toward voting for you. D: Not that your sprite's bad. :P

Final Submission:

Against different backgrounds:

With similar sprites:

With Necturna:

If anyone sees anything that can be made better, please let me know :D

I know, the back sprite looks really sloppy. But sometimes when you shift the pixels around, things just worse.
By the way, she's floating in my sprite. I hope it's clear enough.

Since it seems like a trend, here's the comparison pic:

Well done people. Every single one of you :toast:

Wow, ICC. The front sprite is excellent. To me personally, the whole style captures the concept art nicely.

The left hind "leg" on the back sprite looks a bit akward (maybe it could be lowered very slightly and thinned out a bit-it's wider than the right, but it's not that necessary). It does look more like it's on the ground without any clarification, but when you say it's floating, it becomes clear, so it's just fine when it all comes down to it. Nice work.

So... this is what I'm at right now

I think they look good, but I'm not sure if their as good as they can be

In my opinion they look as close as I could make them to the official 5th gen sprites of other pokemon. @Quanyails the reason why I think you see them as different from the other sprites is that they're front facing, while everyone else's sprites are tilted slightly downwards, I'm still trying to figure out a way not seem so different, and keep the official sprite feel

Those sprites are really excellent, Ice. For such a small sprite, you've detailed it very well. I also like how it's not TOO small.

noobiess, your backsprite is very good, but the hind legs make it seem like Necturine's lying down. Maybe you could try to fix that. Amazing front, though. No further change needed.

Final S-s-s-s-submission

Psst, it's floating.
Thanks to everyone here!

And after this I can finally give comments to other sprites, hooray!

Finally! You're back to your good old self. The way you talked a page back was interesting but kind of disturbing.
Anyway
I think they look great too! You've gone a long way in spriting.
Horns: Well done on both the front and back sprites, no issues with that.
Leaf: On the front sprite, why are those bottom two petals horizontal? It looks uncomfortable; should be pointing downwards. I do like that extra blade of leaf in the backsprite though.
Teeth: I can't see them (I know i'm red-blind, but still.) It would be good if the teeth were a brighter red.
Otherwise, great job and good luck!

What can I say? What do you expect anyone to say?
Horns: great
Leaf: great
Teeth: great
Pose: very great (it's unique)
You might as well just submit. Good luck!

I was going to continue the art poll storyline here, but I have a line I want to use that I want really visible, and I think it would be fruitless to start it here, anyway. So you have 24 hours from this post before we reach Art Poll 2's lair to watch him unleash the Sprite Polls. (Come on, we all knew it would happen. Obviously.)

Final Submission:

Additional:

I tried to give it a cute and playfull look because it fits the design, I think.
Also, note that the animation is a little bit diffrent then the final sprite. This is because I edited the sprite after I made the animation.
That's all. Good luck to everyone :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)