Status
Not open for further replies.
Nectite
Nectot
Necta
Whisberry
Nectiny
Necturine

I just like the way Nectite sounds, and I can't look at "Necturine" without seeing "urine".

Asylum_Rhapsody

Whisberry
Nectiny
Necturine

cape, this is a really bad slate. Multiple people expressed that they didn't like "Nect-" names, and despite the fact that there were some great non-"Nect-" submissions, you seem to have made pretty much no effort to take into account opinions that differed from yours. Please remember that the purpose of having a TL pick the slate is so that you can weed out submissions that are trolls or that are bad for the project, not so that you can arbitrarily exclude submissions that you don't favor.

Nectite
Whisberry
Nectiny
Necta
Necturine

Nectite checks all the boxes for me. It manages to give a decent description of the pre-evo as a ghost berry thing, without being redundant in one (Necturine, Nectot with the apricot interpretation) or the other (Nectot with the toddler interpretation). Whisberry and Nectiny check the boxes in a more literal sense, but I think that Nectite is the best-sounding name of the three. Necta seems kind of boring and maybe cheap, but I like the similarity to Cleffa -> Clefairy.

Unfortunately, I think there are so many similar name submissions that the good ones will die out and the 'different' ones will see the best show from this poll. Next, given how few votes Pre-Evo polls get in general, this whole poll is going to be skewed by the few who do vote.
Well, runoff voting satisfies independence of irrelevant alternatives, so there's that. The lack of votes is a big worry, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)