CAP 20 Pre-Evo - Part 8 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Time to get this finished up! All we have left to go are the sprites and the dex entries! So, I know a lot of you really like this section and I want to see some REALLY good Pokedex entries off people!

EDIT: Forgot to add this. Put in a ballpark figure of what you want the height/weight to be! Just something rough, does not need an explanation or anything.

Here are the dex entries for Naviathan to get you in the mood and maybe give you some inspiration:

Naviathan, the Trireme Pokemon

X/OR: In the ancient days, the foghorn cry of the Naviathan often signaled the start of a major battle.

Y/AS: It is an honor to witness a Naviathan bowing its head and raising its oars. This majestic salute is reserved for the courageous and valiant.

In this thread you may post your entries for critique and eventually submit them for the poll. Please read the following rules before doing so!:

Legal Pokedex submissions must meet the following standards:
  • Pokedex Entries must have flawless grammar. Smogon has a Grammar & Prose team that will help identify mistakes.
  • Pokedex Entries cannot be longer than 25 words.
  • Pokedex Entries can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Numbers 0-9
    • Dash (-)
    • Apostrophe (')
    • Period (.)
    • Comma (,)
    • Colon (:)
    • Semi-colon (;)
    • Space
Work In Progress (WIP) Pokedex Entries can be posted at any time for comments from the community.

No more than three WIP Pokedex Entries can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread. This limit applies to ALL posts made by a single person, even if previous posts are edited or deleted. This limit is intended to curb the tendency for some submitters to spam the thread repeatedly with multiple Pokedex Entries. This detracts from other submissions and makes it difficult for commenters to survey the submission thread.

Do not bump your WIP Pokedex Entries by posting them repeatedly, or making minor wording changes. Bumping will result in the disqualification of all Pokedex Entries by the offender. Editing or deleting bump posts will not prevent disqualification.

Only ONE Final Submission can be made per person.
Pokedex entries Final Submissions must posted exactly in the following format and in the following exact order:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on it's own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • "<Pokemon Name>, the <Species Name> Pokemon", with the Pokemon name and the Species Name in bold
  • A blank line
  • The X/OR Pokedex Entry submission. Start with the letter "X/OR" in bold, then a colon (:), and then the Pokedex entry.
  • A blank line
  • The Y/AS Pokedex Entry submission. Start with the letter "Y/AS" in bold, then a colon (:), and then the Pokedex entry.
Below the Final Submission you can post other comments, explanations, etc.

Example final submission:
Final Submission

Victini
, the Victory Pokémon

X/OR: This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter.

Y/AS: When it shares the infinite energy it creates, that being’s entire body will be overflowing with power.
Any Final Submission that does not follow the proper format will be disqualified. I mean it this time.

I am allowing you guys to post final subs from the start, and this thread will be open for about 36 Hours from now.

Our prevos So Far:

Floatoy
Typing:
Water
Abilities: Water Veil / Heatproof / Swift Swim
Stats: 48 HP / 70 Atk / 40 Def / 70 SpA / 30 SpD / 77 Spe
Movepool: CaP 20 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions

Caimanoe
Typing:
Water/Steel
Abilities: Water Veil / Heatproof / Light Metal
Stats: 73 HP / 85 Atk / 65 Def / 80 SpA / 40 SpD / 87 Spe
Movepool: CaP 20 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
WIP

Floatoy
, the Inner Tube Pokémon

X/OR: This Pokémon once saved a child who fell overboard from the S.S. Anne.

Y/AS: When a Floatoy tries to dive underwater, nearby Pokémon laugh as it floats back to the surface.

Final Submission

Floatoy
, the Swift Swim Pokémon

X/OR: During rainy weather, Floatoy tend to wander off without their Caimanoe and Naviathan families at sea.

Y/AS: These Pokémon have very low self-esteem in captivity due to being treated as bubble bath toys by young children.

Caimanoe, the Navigator Pokémon

X/OR: Their brains match the magnetic field of a compass. Travelers have trusted the navigation skills of this Pokémon since the 16th century.

Y/AS: Caimanoe isn't very aggressive, but it will snap if a Trainer or another Pokémon attacks it outside of battle.

Height and weight suggestions
Floatoy's height: 2'04" (0.7m)
Flotaoy's weight: 33.1lbs (15.0kg)

Caimanoe's height: 4'07" (1.4m)
Caimanoe's weight: 144.4lbs (65.5kg)

Last edited:
WIP

Floatoy, the Preserver Pokemon

X/OR: Floatoy often emerge near beaches during rip currents, catching themselves in the flow to assist swimmers in peril.

Y/AS: The flimsy oars of Floatoy are connected to rather durable bodies. Their friendly demeanor make them popular among children.

Caimanoe, the Voyage Pokemon

X/OR: Some groups of Caimanoe can be seen far out into lakes and seas. Rather than being stranded, they actually are partaking in endurance tests to grow stronger.

Y/AS: The newly-acquired feat of land travel fosters mischievous behavior among Caimanoe. They enjoy nipping on the clothing of unsuspecting passerbys.

Height: Around 3 feet seems right, mainly due to the neck and head
Weight: This is wildly up to interpretation. My Y/AS entry suggests it is heavier than a normal inner tube, so I'll go around 6 lbs

Height: It doesn't seem particular tall, so perhaps 4 and a half feet (imagine a Latias)
Weight: If this canoe is going to be out at sea carrying around 1-2 small people, could we go with 200 lbs (less than Krookodile)?

I stink at coming up with height and weight figures, so take what I'm saying with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
WIP

Floatoy,
the Floaty Pokemon

X/OR: It is known to help drowning people back to shore.

Y/AS: This pokemon floats to the surface right after it's born.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Floatoy, the Buoyant Pokémon

X/OR: Upon encountering another of its kind, it will mercilessly jab the other with its beak until only one of them remains afloat.

Y/AS: It appears on the beach and invites children to ride on its back out to sea. Many of them are never heard from again.

I noticed how unusually ruthless Floatoy's movepool is for a pool toy. It gets Peck right from the start, and it gets Scary Face at level 17. That, coupled with Naviathan's flavor, makes me think of the line as scrappy, even from the first stage. I gave Floatoy a bit of Drifloon's flavor in how it's adorably evil.

Caimanoe, the Navigator Pokémon

X/OR: To fortify its scales, it tracks ships with its innate magnetic sense and tears out their metal hulls to eat.

Y/AS: While they tend to scavenge for drowning prey, Caimanoe have been seen bringing them to land for a more sporting hunt.

Caimanoe is the result of Floatoy's survival of the fittest. I imagine that the more Floatoy grows, the harder its skin becomes, and by the time it evolves, it is sufficiently metallic (but not finished becoming so). I'm also portraying a transition from Floatoy's scrappiness to Naviathan's noble warfare.

I reworded/changed the X/OR entry with some inspiration from Integer Mova. If I have the time, I may reword it some more.

As for width/height:

I'd peg a child's floatie to be around 3 feet. Floaties are light, so I'd say... 2 pounds?

I wouldn't say Caimanoe is a fully-sized crocodile, but crocodiles can grow over 20 feet, while Naviathan is only 10 feet. 7 feet sounds like a reasonable medium. I changed my mind. Crocodiles, from tip to tip, would likely be that long, but Caimanoe has a raised head and curled tail, so it should probably be shorter. 3.5 feet probably fits Pokemon's proportions more. I'd also plug 300 pounds in as the weight. Feraligatr and Krookodile are both around 200 pounds, but Caimanoe is metallic, so it's probably more plausible for an increase in weight.

Last edited:
Quanyails Thanks for the heads-up. Caimanoe should be much denser than I suggested, but I won't edit it until Final Subs, due to what happened with Name Subs.

I'm not sure if the mods are just referring to the Dex entries themselves, or the entire post (including the weights as well), so I'm confused.

Even though Floatoy is a baby plesiosaur, and Caimanoe is a alligator, Mos-Quitoxe confirmed that Naviathan was something on the lines of an ambiguous aquatic dragon whose legs resemble those of a terrapin, at least when I talked to him on DeviantArt.

DHR-107 You still misspelled Caimanoe. The spelling matters for those that want to make an entry.

Final Submission

Floatoy
, the Clumsy Bubble Pokémon

X/OR: These Pokémon naturally have lower density than water, enabling them to always float. Due to this, these Pokémon were used as lifesavers in oceanic warfare.

Y/AS: Rich children who own these Pokemon as toys often spoil them with Rare Candies, not realizing that they could evolve in the process.

The X/OR entry focuses on how much like a floating tube Floatoy is, and tubes are used to save lives if people go overboard. The Y/AS entry, again, focuses on how much it's like a floating tube, and how it can be used as a bathtub toy. Rich children using that as a bathtub toy could get attached to it and start feeding it rare candies, but, not knowing, that one day, Floatoy will not remain the bathtub toy and become an alligator.

Caimanoe, the Metal Caiman Pokémon

X/OR: Due to skyrockets in density, these Pokémon find it hard trying to float. They eat metal and have reportedly eaten enemy cannons before.

Y/AS: Adamant children, still thinking of Floatoy, put this Pokémon in the metallic bathtub, only to find a few hours later that it eats metal.

These entries are based on the drastic difference between the pre-evo and the first stage, and focuses mainly on the metallic things it eats to get nutrition for evolution to Naviathan. If you look at it, it does seem it will be hard for it to float, even if it gets light metal. In war, it may just put the anger of not being able to float well onto the cannons, and may have just eaten them. Y/AS is a continuation of the Y/AS of the previous entry.

Floatoy Height: 3 feet
Floatoy Weight: 3 and a half pounds
Caimanoe Height: 5 feet
Caimanoe weight: 150 pounds

Last edited:

boxofkangaroos

this is the day of the expanding man
Final Submission

Floatoy
, the Inner Tube Pokémon

X/OR: This Pokémon once saved a child who fell overboard from the S.S. Anne.

Y/AS: When a Floatoy tries to dive underwater, nearby Pokémon laugh as it floats back to the surface.

Final Submission

Floatoy
, the Preserver Pokemon

X/OR: Floatoy often emerge near beaches during rip currents, catching themselves in the flow to assist swimmers in peril.

Y/AS: The flimsy oars of Floatoy are connected to rather durable bodies. Their friendly demeanor make them popular among children.

Caimanoe, the Voyage Pokemon

X/OR: Some groups of Caimanoe can be seen far out into lakes and seas. Rather than being stranded, they actually are partaking in endurance tests.

Y/AS: The newly-acquired feat of land travel fosters mischievous behavior among Caimanoe. They enjoy nipping on the clothing of unsuspecting passerbys.

~

Extras:

Floatoy Height: Around 3 feet seems right, mainly due to the neck and head
Floatoy Weight: This is wildly up to interpretation. My Y/AS entry suggests it is heavier than a normal inner tube, so I'll go around 6 lbs

Caimanoe Height: It doesn't seem particular tall, so perhaps 4 and a half feet (imagine a Latias)
Caimanoe Weight: I could see this canoe going out at sea carrying around 1-2 small people, so could we go with 200 lbs (less than Krookodile)?

Last edited:
Final Submission

Floatoy
, the Bobbing Pokémon

X/OR: It floats serenely in waters protected by Naviathan. When strangers approach, they flee.

Y/AS: Its paddles propel it with surprising agility. If it is in danger, the same paddles may raise waves to fend off its opponents.

Floatoy's highest stat is its Speed, so it can escape from foes just fine; but when it's safe, the adorable thing just likes floating around. 'Raising waves' refers to it getting Water Pulse in its level-up moveset (which its evolutions don't get).

Caimanoe, the Hull Pokémon

X/OR: Stories tell of a fleet of Caimanoe that rescued people and Pokémon when a town was threatened by savage flood waters.

Y/AS: The scales on its belly contain rare minerals that prevent corrosion and repel parasites.

I imagine that, as Floatoy evolves into Caimanoe, its belly stiffens (i.e. becomes a 'hull'), which is what makes it a Steel-type. Having transformed into a Steel-type, it also becomes rather braver, and rescuing things seems appropriate for a pre-evolution of Naviathan, the honourable warrior.

Extras:

Floatoy height: 0.9 m = 2'11" (inner tube plus a little extra for neck)
Floatoy weight: 2.0 kg = 4.4 lbs (a little more than another inflatable Pokémon, Drifloon)

Caimanoe height: 1.6 m = 5'03" (as big as Tentacruel and Slowbro, so vaguely the right size for a one-person canoe)
Caimanoe weight: 48.0 kg = 105.8 lbs (between Tentacool and Keldeo - light enough to be buoyant but heavy enough to have some heft)

(Edit: I was thinking of islands being threatened by storms, but not all towns are on islands. Duh.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)