CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 4 - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hey All,

Now artwork is sufficiently underway lets get down and going on the Stats and Movepool of our new Pokemon! Kerfluffle is a speedy Special attacker with reasonable Bulk to play with while it pivots in and out of battle.

Kerfluffle Stats: 84 / 78 / 86 / 115 / 88 / 119

Let's see how people go with the first form, these stats are fairly high, so I expect something interesting!

This thread will be open for about 36 hours! Get deciding on your stats! I will put a post up tomorrow lunchtime of a 12 hour warning. I will accept Final Submissions from the immediate start of this thread. Please mark posts as such so I can find Final Submissions easily among the discussions!

While I have added you can FS from the start: Please add justification! A post with no justification will not get slated.

I'll probably not revise my idea, so I'll make this my Final Submission.

Kerfluffle's BST is 570 - the only two-stage family whose evolved form has a similar stat total is Archeops, sitting at 567. So I'll give this pre-evo a stat total of 400, which is close to Archen's 401.

Unfortunately, its design is not yet finalized, so I can only go by the typing, which is pure Fairy. Not being Fighting-Type, I'm opting for a more bulky spread as the pre-evo is more passive and cuddly. Since its movepool is heavily weighted towards special moves, having little physical options not extending past Fairy/Fighting/Normal, the Special Attack will be more in focus. Lastly, 'soft' Pokémon tend to be more specially bulky, so this is where most of the bulk will be.

I'd go for:

69 HP (-15)
48 Attack (-30)
70 Defense (-16)
75 Special Attack (-40)
83 Special Defense (-5)
55 Speed (-64)
400 BST (-170)

Somebody point out if this is proper formatting or not, please.

Final Submission

So what I'm going for with this submission is a bulky pokemon because I don't see Kerfluffles pre evo being anything other then bulky. I can see Kerfluffle pulling a Vigroth on us so I decided to swap Speed with HP to emphasise this. All Mr Kerfluffle likes to is shoot hadouken balls at all whoever dares to oppose him so keeping the Special Attack high was a no brainer. I kinda wanted to make its attack a bit higher but after looking at the movepool I decided against it.

So without further ado here are the stats!

100 HP / 48 Atk / 67 Def / 89 SpA / 70 SpD / 60 Spe / 436 BST

+16 HP/ -30 Atk/ -19 Def/ -26 SpA/ -18 SpD/ -59 Spe/ -136 BST

If the way I formatted this was hard to understand please let me know ;)

Last edited:
Final Submission

75 / 35 / 75 / 85 / 85 / 50 / BST 405
(-9/ -43/-11/-30/ -3 / -69 / BST -165)

I like making stats for first stage mons look more balanced, and enjoy rounder looking numbers for them. I see a non-fighting Kerfuffle prevo to have a lot less offense, hence most dramatic changes being in Attack and Speed. I also see most pure fairies as tanky, and offensive fairies tend to be specially biased, so i gave minifluffle Special Attack and Special Defense as the highest stats

The addition of Fighting type means physical offence to me, so i see minifluffle having much lower offensive stats, especially speed, which more than doubles upon evolution to Kerfluffle

I chose a 405 BST because as cited above the Archeops line is the only two stage line that really corresponds to Kerfluffle's stats, but i wanted to be a little bit more generous.

For Attack and Speed I used Budew as a baseline, because it just seemed to feel right, with 5 more attack and 5 less speed than it. Defensively a 75/75/85 spread is slightly above Fairy-type average of roughly 68/70/83, as i see this prevo as being Defensively inclined, but being a prevo not too insane. Then a Special Attack of 85 because i felt for minifluffle, its Special stats should match.

I believe this looks right, been a while since i've done anything in CAP outside of voting in the polls, but i think i did i good job on this spread :3

WIP

Don't have much time so throwing down an idea, will add justification when I have more time.

60/50/46/65/50/94
BST: 365

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

54 / 48 / 56 / 85 / 58 / 89 (390)

So I'm pretty much basing this off of Snorlax and Munchlax, where there's an even split between all of the base stats.

Snorlax Stats:
160 / 110 / 65 / 65 / 110 / 30 (540)
Munchlax Stats:
135 / 85 / 40 / 40 / 85 / 5 (390)
Difference:
-25 / -25 / -25 / -25 / -25 / -25 (-150)

As you can see, Munchlax loses 25 to every single stat. Similarly, I made Kerfprevo lose 30 to every stat. Essentially, my flavor logic here is that I imagine Kerfprevo to be a baby Pokemon (i.e. not breedable until it evolves) similar to Munchlax, Riolu, etc. Kerf's BST started at 570, and so losing 30 compared to 25 brought my spread back down to 390 BST, which matches Munchlax. Very very few first stage Pokemon have over 400 BST so I felt staying under than mark would make the most sense.

In terms of the individual stats themselves, I feel like they seem to still display some logic. Kerf isn't bulky, so Kerfprevo shouldn't be bulky either, and -30 to the defensive stats accomplishes this. 85 is a bit high for a first stage Special Attack stat, but completely within the norm. My speed stat might be high for a cushion, but compared to other first stage mons it too is not far from the norm. As a fairy type, I suspect that Kerfprevo will have access to some sort of fairy magic to aid in its speed; furthermore, I imagine that Kerfprevo will be extremely light and thus have a good chance of being quite agile.

Last edited:
Final Submission

74 / 38 / 66 / 60 / 68 / 54
-10 -40 -20 -55 -10 -65
Total: 360

My idea behind this spread is that, since Kerf's prevo is a pillow, it should be on the bulkier side, and only when it evolves does it gain an offensive presence. If this little guy still gets Parting Shot (which wouldn't be a stretch), it could take advantage of a different way to use it: having the bulk to tank a hit and then weaken the opponent before switching into another teammate safely. This theoretical spread would further expand upon Kerfluffle's concept in a new way.

Again, since Kerfluffle's line reminds me of the Teddiursa and Stuffle line I decided to make the base stat total the same drop as Teddiursa's since of course, we don't know Stuffle's and Bewear's stats yet. So, since Teddiursa has 170 less BST than Ursarang, I decided to do the same with Kerfluffle's Prevo, landing it at a nice round BST of 400, and I have to admit, that is pretty high for a baby pokemon. So, here we are:

Final Submission

45/53/67/60/76/99 400 BST

(-39/-25/-19/-45/-12/-20 -170 BST)

So I kept speed as it's highest stat, since I don't see it being smaller affecting speed, in terms of being the highest stat. Plus, this gives a great competitive advantage, (If CAP LC ever becomes a thing) since it would be the second fastest LC pokemon, being only one speed point behind Voltorb.

Keeping the subject of size up, I feel that it would be much smaller than Kerfluffle, making it that it's Hp would be reduced significantly. While it's Hp may be down, it's special defense portrays that it has it's pillow body to soften the blow from special moves, and it's regular defense is a bit more vulnerable since it can't stop enemies who are up close, which allows them to find it's weak points more easily. It's defense is still ok though, since again, it's body can still soften some blows.

When it comes to attack, it's attack was never all that good, and with most of the art submissions showing that Kerfluffle has very short arms or just nubs for arms, it makes sense that it's attack wasn't that good, but still represent how it can use it's body, not it's hands to preform physical attacks.

For special attack, I feel that it still has to have a decent special attack, since Kerfluffle's special powers have to derive from somewhere, it just greatly develops upon evolution. Another reason why I lowered it a lot was because Kerfluffle is pretty friendly, seen by most of the PokeDex submissions for it, and by the ability we gave it, friend guard. So, I like the flavor of it being hesitant to attack others, which would also explain why it's attacking stats are so low.

One thing that I wanted to do with this submission was make a stat combination that not many Pokemon have, higher defenses and speed. That was a side factor on the reason I chose the combination that I chose to submit.

84 / 78 / 86 / 115 / 88 / 119
59 / 38 / 66 / 74 / 73 / 80
-25 / -40 / -20 / -41 / -15 / -39
BST: 390
Based on a lot of art submissions I've seen, Kerfluffle's prevo will likely look like a small cushion-like thing. A cushion doesn't sound like the kind of thing that would take hits, but cushions are sort of thick, and punching pillows doesn't do much. The special defense stat should be a little higher than the defense stat, as Fairy-types commonly have high special defense stats and the prevo is soft and stuff. Looking at how strong this thing is, the attack stat should go fairly far down, as most designs barely have arms, showing a lack of physical combat abilities. However, the special attack stat should be fairly high, as the prevo can't have it's main attacking stat too far down. I chose a high speed stat despite the lack of legs on many designs; the main reason for this is that pillows are light, and light Pokemon are usually fast, such as Gastly, Hoppip and Cottonee.

Final Submission

Prevo's Stats: 54 / 38 / 86 / 85 / 78 / 59 (BST: 410)
Kerfluffle's Stats: 84 / 78 / 86 / 115 / 88 / 119 (BST: 570)
Stat Difference: -30 / -40 / 0 / -30 / -10 / -60 (-160)

So, looking at the art, I saw a lot of submissions that had tiny arms, didn't look very fast, and were bundled up. These stats embody that. Low Attack shows how it can't use it's arms (or lack there of) for much, compared to Kerfluffle's giant pillow hands. The significantly lower Speed shows that with tiny little feet or lack of feet won't let it go anywhere very fast. The lowered HP and Special Attack are since a prevo won't be as strong or have as much HP 99% of the time. Now, with it's defenses, I saw how a lot of the prevos were bundled up in a pillow case. This reminded me of Swadloon and Whirlipede, who still have decent stats but especially Defense. So, to reflect this, these stats have equal Defense and only -10 Special Defense. These stats can show how the prevo goes from weak and defensive to a powerful, fast attacker with a Fighting spirit. Also, with these stats, evolving into Kerfluffle would be great in CAP Cross Evolution :P.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Okay, you guys have 24 hours to tidy up and post final submissions!

Let's get this moving!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

74 HP / 38 ATK / 51 DEF / 65 SPA / 78 SPD / 49 SPE
-10 / -40 / -35 / -50 / -10 / -70

Looking at the pre-vo art designs, a lot are going for a pillow marshmallow type design. Weaker limbs tend to be indicative of lower Atk, lower Def, and Lower Speed. Usually you can also correlate in a relatively high SpD and HP.

In terms of Base Stat Total, my main references for the value were the Growlithe --> Arcanine and Larvesta --> Volcarona lines, by virtue of their relatively high stats for pokemon which only evolve once. Their pre-vos are strong, but not as strong as, say, Ponyta (410) or the various pre-vos which were formerly FE, so 355 felt right

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)