CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Hi All! Let's get the last few bits and pieces sorted for the prevo!

Remember, This is much stricter than a normal CaP Movepool! We are only allowed the moves which Kerfluffle itself has in its movepool. You can move them around/change their order move TMs into level up moves and vice versa, but you cannot add any moves. This still leaves a surprising amount of variability and character for you to twist into the Prevo! Remember, Egg Moves cannot change!

I am adding the original Kefluffle Movepool to this post below so you guys can work from it. Go crazy with changing moves and the like. I'd love to see what you guys come up with!

- Scratch
- Feather Dance
- Fairy Wind
5: Fairy Wind
9: Yawn
13: Wake-Up Slap
17: Draining Kiss
21: Endure
25: Crush Claw
29: Scary Face
33: Parting Shot
37: Play Rough
41: Rest
45: Aura Sphere
49: Moonblast
53: Close Combat
57: Nightmare
57: Dream Eater
TM06: Toxic
TM08: Bulk Up
TM10: Hidden Power
TM11: Sunny Day
TM12: Taunt
TM15: Hyper Beam
TM17: Protect
TM21: Frustration
TM27: Return
TM31: Brick Break
TM32: Double Team
TM34: Sludge Wave
TM36: Sludge Bomb
TM41: Torment
TM42: Facade
TM44: Rest
TM45: Attract
TM48: Round
TM52: Focus Blast
TM53: Energy Ball
TM67: Retaliate
TM68: Giga Impact
TM77: Psych Up
TM85: Dream Eater
TM86: Grass Knot
TM87: Swagger
TM88: Sleep Talk
TM90: Substitute
TM91: Flash Cannon
TM95: Snarl
TM98: Power-Up Punch
TM99: Dazzling Gleam
TM100: Confide
HM04: Strength
Charm (Clefable)
Encore (Clefable)
Quick Guard (Sawk)
Wide Guard (Throh)
Wish (Clefable)
Drain Punch
Giga Drain
Helping Hand
Low Kick
Snore

This thread will be open for about 48 Hours. You *can* final submit from the start of this thread, but as with stats I would like to see SOME reasoning about what you have done with the flavour for the prevo!

Do not forget to include a method of Evolution. Please keep them fairly traditional, I won't be slating anything as needlessly complex as Inkay's/Sliggoo's new ways. Different is interesting, but don't go too far.

Our Prevo so far:
Typing: Fairy
Abilities: Natural Cure / Aroma Veil / Friend Guard
Stats: 74 / 38 / 51 / 65 / 78 / 49 BST 355 - CaP 22 Pre-Evo - Part 4 - Stats Submissions

Final Submission

I'm imagining a Kerfluffle prevo that, not yet being a naturally offensive Fighting-type, leverages its two main advantages in order to defend itself: its wily nature (reflected in its Fairy typing) and its affinity for sleep-related moves. As such, most of the tricksy, sneaky moves from snake_rattler's movepool are still here, while most of the Fighting-type moves have vanished (with the exception of Wake-Up Slap, which a few other Fairies - Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Mr. Mime - get as well).

Level up while knowing Play Rough

Play Rough is the perfect transitional move for Kerfluffle's prevo; it's a Fairy-type move, and thus liable to be found in its movepool, but its offensive power and style have notable Fighting-type overtones. Although Kerfluffle's prevo gets Play Rough at a fairly low level (and indeed, because of breeding rules related to movepool, a dedicated trainer could obtain a Level 2 Kerfluffle), I think this is reasonable - species like Florges, Snorlax, Arcanine, Roserade and Porygon-Z have comparable BSTs to Kerfluffle and are obtainable at very low levels.
- Scratch
- Feather Dance
3: Fairy Wind
7: Yawn
10: Wake-Up Slap
13: Draining Kiss
16: Encore
20: Scary Face
24: Parting Shot
27: Play Rough
31: Rest
31: Snore
36: Moonblast
42: Nightmare
42: Dream Eater

The level-up pool is quite similar to Kerfluffle's, with a couple of key differences. As mentioned above, all Fighting-type moves bar Wake-Up Slap have been removed; to fill some of the more notable gaps, I've subbed in Encore (a tricky move - locking the opponent into their last choice - from the egg moves pool) and Snore (a sleep-related move, from the tutor moves). This also has the nice effect of allowing Kerfluffle's prevo to learn Rest and Snore at the same level, as do a number of other species (like Snorlax, Barboach and Spheal).

I've also pulled Endure out from this prevo pool; for me, at least, it was a little too closely associated with Fighting-types (like Throh and Hariyama) to feel flavour-appropriate.

Moves are learned every three or four levels in the early stages, spacing out more at the end. As is reasonable for a prevo, Kerfluffle's prevo gets its final level-up moves at level 42.
TM95: Snarl

Not too much of note here, compared to Kerfluffle's pool; I've pulled out all the Fighting-type moves, as is appropriate, as well as the usually final-evo-restricted Giga Impact and Hyper Beam. I also removed Strength, given that I'm framing the prevo as less physically powerful than Kerfluffle.

I've kept the Dark- and Poison-type moves from Kerfluffle (so, retaining Snarl, Taunt and the Sludge moves); since their types are fairly conniving ones generally, and none of them are physical moves, I feel they fit my vision of the prevo reasonably well.
Charm
Encore
Quick Guard
Wide Guard
Wish

The same as Kerfluffle, obviously, although Encore is also a level-up move now.
Giga Drain
Helping Hand
Snore

Only three tutor moves, without the Fighting-type Drain Punch and Low Kick, which is a small but not totally ridiculous number.
Questions, comments etc. very much welcome.

Last edited:

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

According to IRC, the 4 tutor moves (Metronome/Fly/Celebrate/Hold Hands) are out. As such, we'll go with the following, emphasising a relaxed, whimsical nature.

For the evolution point, I'm going to be relatively boring and go with Level 33, which is the level that the chain gets Parting Shot.

- Scratch
- Feather Dance
- Fairy Wind
4: Fairy Wind
11: Wake-Up Slap
14: Draining Kiss
18: Endure
21: Charm
25: Rest
28: Snore
28: Sleep Talk
33: Parting Shot
37: Play Rough
40: Moonblast
44: Dream Eater

Aura Sphere, Close Combat, Crush Claw, Scary Face, and Nightmare are lost, gaining Snore, Charm, and Sleep Talk. Rest moves to earlier in the movepool, whilst Snore and Sleep Talk are picked up soon afterwards. This emphasises a more relaxed nature.

Loses Bulk Up, Hyper Beam, Brick Break, Sludge Wave, Sludge Bomb, Focus Blast, Giga Impact, Snarl, Power-Up Punch, and Strength. Once again, we're emphasising a calmer Pokemon than Kerfluffle
Charm (Clefable)
Encore (Clefable)
Quick Guard (Sawk)
Wide Guard (Throh)
Wish (Clefable)

Deja Vu much?
Giga Drain
Helping Hand
Snore

Removing the two fighting-type moves, neither of which feels right.

Last edited:

dusk raimon

Banned deucer.
final submission

I thought that kerfluffle's pre-evo would be a clumsy and lazy type of mon, as its evolution is called kerfluffle which is a play on words for the word kerfuffle obviously, which is effectively a commotion or fuss, although the pre-evo would be yet to gain this state of commotion implied by the play on words.

Method of evolution is levelling up with parting shot (credit KrazyCake for this idea) which is gained at level 25

- Scratch
- Feather Dance
- Fairy Wind
5: Fairy Wind
9: snore
12: Draining Kiss
17: Rest
25: Parting Shot
31: Play Rough
32: Encore
34: Moonblast
38: Dream Eater
41: Nightmare

I basically ejected all fighting moves and kept a lot of fairy stabs, and moved across snore and encore from their respective areas (tutor and egg moves) to add the impression of a sleepy, happy-go-lucky layed back mon, also keeping all sleep based moves and adding snore adds to the sleepy aspect of the mon.

TM52: Focus Blast

Pretty much removed all fighting/physically based moves sans return/frustration to further the impression of a layed back chilled pokemon, with some pretty good coverage options anyway. Also removed taunt and torment because as a chill layed back mon it wouldn't be playing tricks on people and tormenting them. Also kept sleep based moves to once more add to that idea of it being a lazy mon.

Charm (Clefable)
Encore (Clefable)
Quick Guard (Sawk)
Wide Guard (Throh)
Wish (Clefable)

innovation at its finest

Giga Drain
Helping Hand
Snore

pretty similar reasons to the other sets of moves, this pre-evo isnt one i would imagine carrying fighting moves yet.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)