21 Play Rough
26 Giga Drain
31 Body Slam
37 Shore Up
42 Solar Beam
48 Moonblast
54 Healing Wish
61 Wood Hammer

My movepool combines several aspects of CAP24's design and notable niches: Sun, Sand, Sumo Wrestling, and it's many healing options. Just to get this out of the way, common sumo techniques include: thrusting, pushing, throwing, lifting, and forcing out. It is disallowed to punch, kick, swing around, etc. in sumo wrestly. Therefore, you won't see any of these moves in the movepool.

The level up pattern for this movepool is as follows. We begin with 4 moves at level 1, then 4 moves following a 3-4-4-5 pattern, then 4 moves following a 4-5-5-6 pattern, and then 4 final moves following a 5-6-6-7 pattern.

We start with a weak STAB move, Sand Attack, Fake Out, and Ingrain at level 1, with Arm Thrust not too far behind. Then we get to Mega Drain, a slightly strong STAB move. Synthesis is a sun-related that Pokemon like Hoppip learn at low levels. Vital Throw felt appropriate for the next move, alluding to throwing opponents down. Body Slam is next, which is an interpretation of pushing and forcing out. Next is Play Rough, alluding to thrusting once again. Wish is next, as most Pokemon learn it around this level. Giga Drain is another good STAB move, Shore Up pulls in the sand theme once more, and then Moonblast for a good secondary STAB move. Rounding out the level up pool we have Solar Beam, alluding to Sun, then Healing Wish, which is a move that most Pokemon learn late, and Wood Hammer, a Grass-type tackling move (move description according to Bulbapedia: "The user slams its rugged body into the target to attack. This also damages the user quite a lot.")

Heavy Slam is the Evolve Move of choice. Even though CAP24 is quite heavy, it's paltry Attack stat will not allow it to hit very hard, so I believe it is a safe option. Heal Pulse and Misty Terrain seem like good Heart Scale moves, further alluding to its ability to heal itself and allies.
TM06 Toxic
TM10 Hidden Power
TM11 Sunny Day
TM15 Hyper Beam
TM16 Light Screen
TM17 Protect
TM20 Safeguard
TM21 Frustration
TM22 Solar Beam
TM27 Return
TM32 Double Team
TM37 Sandstorm
TM42 Façade
TM44 Rest
TM45 Attract
TM46 Thief
TM48 Round
TM49 Echoed Voice
TM52 Focus Blast
TM53 Energy Ball
TM60 Quash
TM63 Embargo
TM64 Explosion
TM66 Payback
TM68 Giga Impact
TM77 Psych Up
TM86 Grass Knot
TM87 Swagger
TM88 Sleep Talk
TM90 Substitute
TM99 Dazzling Gleam
TM100 Confide
Flame Burst
Leaf Storm
Smelling Salts
Wish

One thing I want to point out is how CAP24 does NOT fit in with the rest of the Pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group. Check out the list on Bulbapedia. Slurpuff looks the most similar to CAP 24, but CAP24 is at LEAST 100 times heavier with the competitive weight minimum of 500kg. Excluding the outlier Glalie, CAP24 is also at least 10 times heavier than pretty much all of the Pokemon in the Fairy Egg Group. Basically, these Pokemon are generally really light, and CAP24 is not.

The Grass Egg Group felt natural for CAP24. Human-like seemed appropriate, but then I realized that CAP24 has 4 legs. Luckily, quite a few Monster Egg Group Pokemon are quadruped.

On to actual moves. Flame Burst didn't feel like it fit in the level-up movepool, so it's here. Leaf Storm fell into here because I wanted Solar Beam in the level-up pool. Smelling Salts can be learned by chain-breeding, originating from Hariyama. I didn't find a good place to fit Wish in the level up pool, so it's here.

Gen 7 Pokemon have very small Egg Move pools, so I'm capping it on four here.
After You
Block
Endeavor
Giga Drain
Gravity
Heal Bell
Helping Hand
Last Resort
Recycle
Seed Bomb
Snore
Synthesis
Worry Seed
Jumbao @ Choice Band
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
??? Nature
OT: Swing, 57176
Level: 100
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Accupressure
- Metronome

For Kerfluffle's movepool, I put a TL-themed moveset, so here's one to Drapionswing! Poison Jab and Pursuit have 0 competitive application on Jumbao and are moves Drapion (the Pokemon) commonly uses. Accupressure is a cool move that Drapion uses and is commonly used for Battle Tree. Finally, Metronome for CAP Metronome battles. We need more of those.

73 total moves

tl;dr pros of submission: Sumo aspects, proper scaling of levels as Pokemon level increases, TL event set (with Metronome!)

Final Submission

HS Crafty Shield
HS Shore Up
HS Heal Bell*
HS Heavy Slam
0 Leafage
0 Endure
0 Fairy Wind
0 Water Sport
Evo: Grassy Terrain
4 Arm Thrust
8 Water Gun
13 Ember
17 Razor Leaf
21 Rototiller
26 Force Palm
30 Giga Drain
34 Sandstorm
39 Ingrain
45 Sunny Day
51 Synthesis*
58 Moonblast
64 Wish
70 Leaf Storm
77 Healing Wish
TM 06 Toxic
TM 08 Bulk Up
TM 10 Hidden Power
TM 11 Sunny Day*
TM 15 Hyper Beam
TM 16 Light Screen
TM 17 Protect
TM 20 Safeguard
TM 21 Frustration
TM 22 Solar Beam
TM 27 Return
TM 32 Double Team
TM 37 Sandstorm*
TM 39 Rock Tomb
TM 42 Facade
TM 44 Rest
TM 46 Thief
TM 47 Low Sweep
TM 48 Round
TM 49 Echoed Voice
TM 52 Focus Blast
TM 53 Energy Ball
TM 56 Fling
TM 60 Quash
TM 68 Giga Impact
TM 77 Psych Up
TM 78 Bulldoze
TM 86 Grass Knot
TM 88 Sleep Talk
TM 90 Substitute
TM 99 Dazzling Gleam
TM 100 Confide
Flame Burst (from Vulpix, Growlithe, Numel, Camerupt, Pansear, Simisear, Heatmor, Torkoal [requires chain breed])
Switcheroo (from Persian, Persian-Alola, Linoone, Aipom [requires chain breed])
Morning Sun (from Espeon, Growlithe, Ponyta [both require chain breed], Sunkern)
Aromatherapy (from Paras, Parasect, Vileplume, Chikorita Line, Roselia, Petilil)
Bullet Seed (from Exeggcute, Hoppip Line, Sunflora)
Misty Terrain (from Sylveon, Popplio Line)
Wide Guard (from Mienshao, Turtwig [requires chain breed])
Snore
Synthesis*
Heal Bell*
Low Kick
Helping Hand
Block
Worry Seed
Snatch
Recycle
Giga Drain
Pain Split
Endeavor
Seed Bomb
Magic Room
Wonder Room

Total Number of Unique Moves: 74
* means that the move is repeated elsewhere
Somethings I wanted to mention.
1. Crafty Shield and Switcheroo: Jumbao's design struck me as being a bit mischevious, with his dancing in the main design, and I thought these moves would fit well enough. I know these don't exactly fit with the sumo inspiration, but I think these and a couple other moves set this set apart, even if said moves are almost entirely flavor. (Although I suppose this part is more about flavor than the Moveset discussion.)
2. Grassy Terrain as evolution move: I see this as the Prevo finally being able to unleash its power and bring life to its surroundings by finally being able to use this move as it evolves.

Last edited:
aegislasher681 sorry, but I completely missed Switcheroo on your movepool, I'm afraid that is disallowed, as it clearly messes with our counters. You are also missing Swagger.

Last edited:
Alright, Time's up. We had some a lot of great submissions, but I'm afraid I'm going to need to cut down some of them, to avoid bloating the final slate. After much deliberation, I chose the following eight movepools, as I think they were the best presented, gave clear justification for their choices, and present us with very unique approaches to Jumbao's flavor:

Dogfish44
Menshay
G-Luke
Deck Knight
snake_rattler
Reviloja753
FriesforNapkins
Stitch98

Now, after DrapionSwing approves of the slate, we'll go the the final movepool poll, where everyone will be able to select their favorite out of these options.

Drapionswing

Eating it up, YUMMY!
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I think this is a good slate, I have no objections or submissions I feel that need to be added to the slate. With that being said, a lot of the submissions were really great however I feel like these are great representatives.

Time to move onto the final movepool poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)