CaP 24 Prevo - Part 4 - Stats Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands

Hey all! Apologies for the delay! I am a doofus.

Without further ado, let's start up Stats Submissions! Jumbaby has been rocking out with the same typing as its parent and now has access to the ability Solar Power!

Code:
Stats: 92 HP / 63 Atk / 97 Def / 124 SpA / 104 SpD / 96 Spe
The above is Jumbao's statline! As with other steps of the prevo project, we are not looking for competitive elements, but they can be used to support your reasonings. Jumbao is a potent special attacker with bulky defences and good speed to boot. It's already been making a name for itself in CaP Meta.

As with previous stats subs, I am allowing you to Final Submit from the beginning of the thread, but I will post a 24 hour warning in about 48 hours so people have time to discuss/work on their spreads. Please make sure your stats are clear and easily readable. Makes my life a bit easier when it comes to looking over the numbers and reasoning!

WIP

78 HP / 30 Attack / 65 Defense / 82 Sp. Attack / 70 Sp. Defense / 60 Speed BST: 385

I kind of just made this up on the spot, but it is modeled pretty close to how Jumbao's stats are spread out. Low Attack, defenses relatively close to each other, decent speed and bulk. Might end up changing it in the future. Feedback is welcome.

Edit: Decided to give it a bit of a higher BST, and increased Sp. Atk, Sp. Def, and HP. Lowered speed slightly.

Last edited:
Final Submission

57 HP / 43 Attack / 77 Defense / 59 Sp. Attack / 74 Sp. Defense / 76 Speed BST: 386

So, here's what I did. First, I compared the stat gains from both Exeggcute to Exeggutor and Bonsly to Sudowoodo, since these are both also tree-based Pokemon. (Forget Phantump - those spooky ghost children creep me out.) So, I took the stats from those two evolution lines and used them to guide this. The HP, Special Attack, and Special Defense are the same amount of increase as Exeggcute to Exeggutor. The Attack, Defense, and Speed are the same amount of increase as Bonsly to Sudowoodo. I think combined they give our little Jumbaby a nice set of stats that make sense for its design. It makes more sense to me for it to have higher defenses than offenses, since it's a little baby that has to focus on survival, and would have a hard protective shell like some fruits. It also looks like it could be a little speedy. This is my first stat submission, so I'm open to feedback!

Last edited:
Final Submission

67 HP / 53 Attack / 72 Defense / 62 Sp. Attack / 52 Sp. Defense / 48 Speed / BST: 354

I halved the latter 3 stats like how Makuhita's stats are half of Hariyama's, but kept the former 3 somewhat high so as to keep the stats relatively good for a first stage. I feel like since this is a two-stage with a sumo theme going on (at least for the final form), it made sense to reference its fellow sumo Pokemon Hariyama in the stats department. Also I like the +222 it would get upon evolving; just seemed clean to me. Higher defense makes sense for a baby; it needs to survive so it can evolve into its much stronger form. The lower speed is because it hasnt quite got the power behind those four big roots that Jumbao has, and so it makes sense that it’s only half as fast.

Last edited:
Final Submission

78 HP / 20 Attack / 60 Defense / 90 Sp. At / 88 Sp. Defense / 76 Speed BST: 412

This was mainly based on Jumbao's stats with some inspiration from Abra and Alolan Grimer in making it not broken in CAP LC and that's pretty much it.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

55 HP / 30 ATK / 64 DEF / 87 SPA / 73 SPD / 66 SPE BST: 376

When I initially made Jumbao's statline with the intention that it would be a 3 staged family. Now that its a 2 stage one, I had to adjust my thought process. Its stat line basically lines up with how Jumbao's general structure - high special attack with ok bulk and speed.

Last edited:
After doing some calcs, I think G-Luke already has a best possible movepool for a supportive role I think Jumbaby should fit. I fully support G-Luke in the upcoming poll (assuming his stats stay the same) in both flavor and competitive viability! (although the Speed could be tuned down if you want a BST divisible by 5 oo)

I also am in love with G-Luke's spread. I actually was going to submit a similar spread to his. I especially love having exactly 66 speed, as it opens up the door for Jumbaby holding a Scarf being a check to Mienfoo. The only thing that slightly bugs me is the minmaxing of offensive stats (23 attack?), but I'll live. The only other thing is that you should add four to either Attack or Defense (idc which) to make it exactly a +200 in stat boosts when it evolves :P

i love g-lukes stat spread like the others above, and responding to this
I also am in love with G-Luke's spread. I actually was going to submit a similar spread to his. I especially love having exactly 66 speed, as it opens up the door for Jumbaby holding a Scarf being a check to Mienfoo. The only thing that slightly bugs me is the minmaxing of offensive stats (23 attack?), but I'll live. The only other thing is that you should add four to either Attack or Defense (idc which) to make it exactly a +200 in stat boosts when it evolves :P
volkraken is kind of similar in this respect it has like 45 atk. other mons that are real also have similar concepts stat wise like kangaskhan or scizor, both of which have amazing/ decent special movepools respectibly but are held back by their low base SpAs. volkraken follows this trend as if u look at his physical movepool its actually quite respectable ngl,maybe this isnt the right place 4 this so if u wish to discuss this more in depth u can pm me on discord, name is ᏝᏋᎶᏋᏁᎴ ᏕᏝᏗᎩᏋᏒ#3506 or ofc here, dont suggest here because i barely check smogon anymore but might be suggesting a raise for mega aero later in the week so ill see it then

Gross Sweep

Plan Ahead
is a CAP Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
WIP

59 HP / 41 Atk / 63 Def / 81 SpA / 67 SpDef / 63 Spe / BST: 374

This spread took me a little bit to make, and has some wonky reasoning I suppose, but I figured why not post here and just see what happens. I initially looked at Jumbao being the second highest bst of a cap pokemon behind Aurumoth (discluding the mega for this). Jumbao's 576 bst is 96 percent of Aurumoth's high 600 BST. With this I found the highest CAP LC BST which belongs to Snugglow at 385. I took 385 times .96 and reached 370, which became my basis for this set. After this i found the percentage of each stat in terms of Jumbao's original BST and multiplied that by 370. The reason my bst doesn't line up with 370 is due to rough rounding giving a lot of stats (4 to be exact) an extra point.

While my odd math gave birth to the set it also ends up working fairly well in terms of actual LC viability. 63 speed allows Jumbaby to just hit 17 speed allowing it to remain relatively fast just like its daddy. 81 SpA would give it the 10th highest SpA stat in the tier, so it definitely packs a punch. I believe the bulk is relatively efficient. A thought is potentially removing a little attack or simply adding something like 5 points into each defensive stat if the defenses are deemed to low by the community. However, I do like the attack sitting at 41, as it seems like a fairly realistic mark. Salandit is a similar mon with a 2 stage evolution line, and a SpA bias, whose Atk sits at 40 - extremely close to 41 mark set by Jumbaby.

Overall I'm very happy with how this spread worked out, though I am interested in thoughts about it's defense: either moving some attack over to each defense, simply adding a bit to each defense to hit a higher level of overall bulk, or ceremoniously adding 1 point to each defense allowing it to hit a BST of 376 allowing it to be the second highest BST of a CAP LC mon (since Jumbao sits 2nd amongst CAP mons) as 374 is only third.

Last edited:

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Giving you guys 24 hours or so to work out your final subs! Let's get this done!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)