CAP 25 - Part 8 - CAP 25g Stat Spread Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Following the results of this thread, it is time to submit stat spreads! This is the submission thread for CAP 25g. Please pay close attention to our stats leader, jas61292!

-----

NEW: This is a Celebration CAP, meaning that we are going out of our way to break some rules. We'll be creating a set of three Pokemon this time around, a set of Fire, Water, and Grass-type starters! You can read exactly which rules we'll be breaking here and the logic behind Celebration CAPs here. Give these a read-through to get some context.

CAP 25 Grass-type stat spread submissions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-8-cap-25g-stat-spread-submissions.3641269/
CAP 25 Fire-type stat spread submissions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-8-cap-25f-stat-spread-submissions.3641270/
CAP 25 Water-type stat spread submissions: https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/cap-25-part-8-cap-25w-stat-spread-submissions.3641271/

-----

In this thread, you may post work-in-progress and final stat spreads for the community and the TLT's consideration, and make comments on other peoples' submissions. The Stats Leader, jas61292, will decide on a slate for voting based on the community's input. In the Stats Limits thread, the Stats Leader decided on the following limits:

Limits:
Physical Sweepiness: Limit is 170
Physical Tankiness: Limit is 140
Special Sweepiness: Limit is 140
Special Tankiness: Limit is 120

BSR: Limit is 290
BSR ABUSE WILL NOT BE TOLERATED AND WILL NOT BE SLATED!

BSR abuse is doing things like 150 HP and 70 Def/SpD to create a theoretical optimum with the limits that you have. The purpose of the stat rating limits is to restrict what submitters can do, not to give them a license to game the system. If you cannot justify your stats legitimately and have not proven that you aren't just making the best stats within the limits, you will not get slated.

A spreadsheet for calculating the biases can be found here. The formulas themselves can be found here. Do not use the BSR calculator on-site, as it is designed for DPP BSR. To use the spreadsheet, you will need Microsoft Excel 2007 or higher, OpenOffice.org Calc 3 or higher, or a similar spreadsheet program that can handle .xlsx files. Alternatively, you can upload the spreadsheet onto Google Docs. You must have the stat rating values listed correctly in your submission or it will be ignored for the slate.

When you are satisfied with your stat submission, mark it as finished by writing "Final Submission" (bolded) at the top of your post.

-----

CAP 25 so far:

Topic Leader: reachzero

Topic Leadership Team:
EpicUmbreon29 - Typing
snake_rattler - Ability
jas61292 - Stats
cbrevan - Movepool

Name: Starter Trio CAPs

Description: This CAP is not one Pokemon, but three seperate Pokemon, based off of a Grass/Water/Fire starter trio.

Explanation: There is rarely such thing as a competitively viable starter Pokemon in the OU metagame, rare exceptions being Serperior, Greninja, and Blaziken for their insanely powerful abilities, and Infernape for his speed and movepool. Running three seperate CAP Processes with different Concepts can be loads of fun, and a nice way to celebrate CAP with our own starter trio! I'd love to see what the artists can come up with, and what pre-evos will be made alongside this trio, as well.
I've spoken to Birkal about this framework, and I've decided that this framework would definitely limit the Typing stage of each CAP, but not necessarily limit the Abilities stages, as Overgrow, Torrent, and Blaze aren't very competitively viable, and not necessarily limit the Stats stages, as starter trios tend not to share the same BSTs, giving us flexibility with where and how we want to place stats, especially with each "starter" most likely having a different concept from the others.

Possible Questions:
Is it possible to create a fully competitively viable Grass/Water/Fire trio?
What can be learned from a trio of Pokemon that will mostly likely check, if not counter, each other in a Rock Paper Scissors manner?
Exactly what does it take to create a fully competitively viable starter trio, something unprecedented in all of official, competitive Pokemon?

Of course, feedback is all but begged for as we work to flesh out this framework!

Starter Fact Sheet

Final Submission
  • Name - Astounding Ability Actualization (Triple A)
  • Description - These Pokemon each maximize the potential of their given, separate abilities by coordinating their movepools and that ability's competitive effect.
  • Justification - This is an Actualization concept much like Cyclohm's original "Neglected Ability." In my research on what made Pokemon with "Starter Level" stats effective, the common denominator was they all had abilities they used to full effect with their other competitive aspects. This framework gives us a unique opportunity to A-B test some fairly powerful abilities we usually shy away from and bring out an effective competitive starter trio.
  • Questions To Be Answered -
    • Which Abilities are best suited to a full, comprehensive exploration of their specific mechanics?
    • Why does Ability seem to be the common factor in taking "starter-esque" Pokemon into prominence (e.g. Protean and Battle Bond Greninja, Contrary Serperior, Speed Boost Blaziken to Ubers, etc.)
    • What is the threshold where maximizing an ability goes toi far, such as Blaziken's combination of Swords Dance, strong attack and mid-grade speed, and high BP STABS with Speed Boost or Protean Greninja's huge speed and just-varied enough movepool in prior Generations?
    • How will introducing three specialized Pokemon into the metagame at once impact it overall?
    • Which type combinations along with the starter types are best suited to maximizing the potential of a specific ability, and why?
  • Explanation - Competitive Pokemon has suffered from a massive power creep for a long time. In order for a Pokemon to be effective, not only does it have to be fairly good generally, it also can't be directly outclassed. Considering our Framework, our Pokemon are already competing against Heatran/Volcarona, Toxapex/Keldeo/Greninja, and Ferrothorn/Kartana for offensive or defensive roles. However, each of those Pokemon have their own flaws that give our FWG CAP Trio space to explore if we are focused on a key niche for each of them.

Let's take Grass for example, and Tough Claws. Tough Claws boosts one of the most incredibly CAP-relevant moves, Grass Knot, because it is a special contact attack. Only Mega Metagross ever even came close to utilizing this combination, and Mega-Meta was banned (for other reasons, of course). Grass could also use it's huge number of healing options with Triage, including priority Strength Sap that even outruns Bullet Punch. Nearly every Fire attack has a secondary effect chance perfect for Serene Grace or Sheer Force. Water has a few specific moves that would also love Serene Grace, but would also appreciate breaking through Gastrodon and Mollux with Mold Breaker. Suffice it to say, this concept gives us an ability to meet our Framework demands and think through a huge combination of synergistic types and abilities in a single project.

CAP 25g

Typing: Grass/Electric
Threats and Counters: https://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7875516
Abilities: Overgrow/Galvanize

CAP 25f

Typing: Fire/Ground
Threats and Counters: https://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7870058
Abilities: Blaze/Technician

CAP 25w

Typing: Water/Bug
Threats and Counters: https://www.smogon.com/forums/posts/7872739
Abilities: Torrent/Poison Heal

Last edited by a moderator:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi again. Before we begin this thread, I just want to say a few things about starters, their inherent limitations, and how I will be judging them. This post is going to be identical in all three submission threads, so if you have read it in one of them, feel free to skip over it and get right to the submissions.

So, as you all know, the Pokemon we are creating are starters. If you look at the existing starter Pokemon, there are some obvious trends that exist. The most important of these is probably the Base Stat Total, with every single starter Pokemon falling between 525 and 535. This, along our stat limits, is the greatest limiter that we have with regard to stats. Beyond this, there are some other notable facts about starter stats. No starter has any stat below 56 or above 126, and more generally, the vast majority of starter stats fall between 80 and 110. No starter has all its stats outside that range, all but one have two or more in it, and over 70% of them have half or more fall in that range.

You can find even more precedent if you look at one type more specifically. Some examples include every Fire starter having at least one offensive stat of at least 104, or how no grass starter has a special defense of more than 100. The more you look and analyze the statistics of starters, the more trends I am sure you will find.

With that said, not all trends are absolute, and most of them will have shifted significantly over time. 126 being the highest starter stat was not true until the current gen, as it is Primarina who hits that mark. I think it will be important for us to remember that these trends are not some super strict pattern. So with regard to my judging and slating of stat spreads, I am not going to be setting any limitations other than the Stat Limits noted in the above post. You should use existing starter stats to help guide what you do, but you do not have to treat them as a straitjacket. Above all, just use your best judgement when creating your spreads, and I will used my best judgement when deciding what to slate. And, as always, back up your submissions with solid competitive reasoning, especially if you are straying from the established norms.

Now, have at it.

Final Submission

92 / 100 / 90 / 73 / 73 / 102 (BST: 530)

Physical Tankiness: 139.597
Special Tankiness: 116.4106
Physical Sweepiness: 150.5003
Special Sweepiness: 114.519

BSR: 278.55816

Introduction: I built this stat spread with the understanding that CAP 25g is likely to have access to both setup and priority, based on the direction the community has taken throughout this mon's development. I built and playtested some teams around Pokemon like Linoone, Crawdaunt, Lucario, and Mega Pinsir to get a better understanding of the healthy (and sometimes not-so-healthy) aspects of this kind of gameplay. I also built and playtested various bulky offense and hyper offense CAP teams to see how 25g could contribute to these kinds of comps. Through all this I realized that with 25g we have the opportunity to make the most fun setup + priority mon yet, custom tailored to be viable but not broken in the CAP metagame.

Role in the Metagame: A fast attacker with access to setup and Galvanize-boosted priority that can threaten a sweep or help wallbreak when needed. Fits best on bulky offense teams.

Physical Attack: This stat was the most difficult to determine without knowing the final movepool that will be decided for 25g; the difference in power between Quick Attack and Extreme Speed, for example, is quite vast. But I tried to stay focused on the concept of Astoundingly Actualized Abilities, and I kept in mind that 25g's viability is intended to come from excellent ability-movepool synergy, not an overpowered Attack stat. Instead, a more moderate stat will create room for us to push the envelope during the movepool stage the way we did during the ability stage, which was the plan for this starter trio all along.

I also took into account that 25g's main damaging moves are empowered by Galvanize, which adds a good amount of extra power, and that I really want to create a setup + priority mon that doesn’t just invalidate offensive teams with overwhelmingly powerful priority attacks. With all this in mind, I settle on a solid base 100 Attack stat. This number enables a Life Orb and Galvanize-boosted Double-Edge at +2 to always OHKO Specially Defensive Pajantom after rocks, which is fair given that it requires a good amount of prediction and incurs a hefty amount of recoil damage. This is one of the mons on our checks and counters list that I thought it healthy that we can muscle through, in part because Pajantom is designed to be more Sp. Def and in part because of our speed tier (which I'll get to in a bit).

Special Attack: 73 Special Attack is enough to score the OKHO on Kartana with HP Fire, even when 25g has a hindering nature. While this stat may seem low, it fits within the parameters set by Delphox’s base 69 Attack stat and therefore I believe it does not push 25g into having “too ideal stats” for a starter.

Bulk: Physical tankiness is the one point at which I decided to push 25g to the limit, as 92/90 physical bulk nicely prevents Scarf Kartana’s Sacred Sword from being a 2HKO without hazards on the field. It also allows 25g to survive a Rapid Spin + Sucker Punch from Guts Colossoil, which I think is a surprisingly important combination to survive if this mon is to find a place in the metagame (it also survives most Earthquakes and all Knock Offs from full health). Perhaps more relevant than any specific calc is the fact that these stats will help 25g switch into the resisted attacks that it needs to tank, such as Kartana's Leaf Blade, without being too easily worn down.

I kept special tankiness comparatively low, because some of the most valid defensive counters that can stop 25g from sweeping, such as Cyclohm, Magnezone, and Mega Venusaur, will rely on supereffective special attacks to threaten a knock-out. And finally, I decided on a relatively high (for a starter) 92 HP, because its enough for a Life Orb and Galvanize-boosted Double-Edge to take down any two of Volkraken, Naviathan, and Arghonaut without dying to recoil + Life Orb damage. Since the Grass-type also has some potential physical moves with heavy recoil, a decent HP stat will generally help with the longevity of this attacker.

Speed Tier: I wanted to give 25g a good speed tier to augment its physical sweepiness and after a lot of consideration I landed on 102. This speed stat grants 25g, when unboosted, pressure against several of the wallbreakers that it cannot take down with priority attacks alone, including Volkraken, Guts Naviathan, Guts Colossoil, and Mega Charizard Y. This pressure is important, because forcing these mons out can create setup opportunities if the 25g player correctly predicts a switch. Even more importantly, this stat grants a boosted 25g the opportunity to get through some of the counters that could easily handle its priority. Specifically Pajantom and Plasmanta are Pokemon I believe 25g should be able to take out with a reasonable amount of prediction and/or prior damage. On a final note, 102 creates a speed tie with Garchomp but I do not feel that will introduce unnecessary RNG given how rare that mon is in the metagame right now.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Pajantom: 333-393 (89.7 - 105.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
We can muscle through Pajantom at +2 when rocks are up, assuming we are running Double Edge over Return.

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 413-486 (104 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Threatening to OHKO Celesteela with no boosts is an impressive feat for a Grass-type, especially one that can easily switch into Heavy Slam.

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Double-Edge vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 289-343 (86.7 - 103%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO
Skarmory has a good chance to survive an unboosted attack, but it can't do much to us so we'd always pressure it out anyway.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Horn Leech vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko: 304-359 (108.1 - 127.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
If we get this Grass-type recovery move, we can set up on several variants of Tapu Koko and threaten to OHKO it and get a lot of health back.

252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Colossoil: 416-494 (102.2 - 121.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Anything as strong as Leaf Blade can OHKO uninvested Colossoil with only a Life Orb.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Zygarde: 360-425 (100.8 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Depending on our Grass-type movepool, we can potentially OHKO Zygarde after one turn of setup. That's an awesome niche for a physical Electric-type, and we don't need a ridiculous Attack stat to achieve it.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Syclant: 253-300 (90 - 106.7%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
When boosted, we take out Syclant half the time with Quick Attack. Life Orb Syclant is always knocked after it has used U-Turn once.

+2 252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Kerfluffle: 295-348 (95.4 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
I'm not sure if we will/should have access to the above priority move, but if we do get it we can take out anything up to Kerfluffle-level physical bulk at +2 Attack (when rocks are up). This includes Mega Crucibelle, Mega Lopunny, Mega-Gallade, Mega Alazakam, Strategem, Syclant, Kitsunoh, Blacephalon, and Alolan Ninetales. I'm not going to list the calcs for all of them because ya'll don't want to read all that.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Koko in Electric Terrain: 292-344 (103.9 - 122.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
and
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Krilowatt: 441-519 (99.3 - 116.8%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

We need Life Orb to threaten the OKHO at +2 on Krilowatt and Koko, but there are other offensive mons that always survive that attack, even after rocks:
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 204-242 (67.7 - 80.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
and
+2 252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Serperior: 175-208 (60.1 - 71.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

...and, finally:
0- SpA Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Kartana: 284-336 (109.6 - 129.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
We always kill Kartana with HP Fire, and no Life Orb or Hasty/Naive nature is required.

Important Moves 25g Survives:

252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rotom-Mow: 137-162 (42.1 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
As I covered previously, this was the deciding calc for 25g's physical bulk.

252+ Atk Guts Colossoil Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rotom-Mow: 280-330 (86.1 - 101.5%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
and
252+ Atk Guts Colossoil Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rotom-Mow: 271-321 (83.3 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

We have a good chance to survive Adamant Colossoil's attacks, and a decent chance to survive Jolly Colossoil's attack even after rocks.

252+ Atk Choice Band Zygarde Thousand Arrows vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Rotom-Mow: 220-259 (67.6 - 79.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
We aren't a counter thanks to our Electric typing, but we can still switch in if needed and get a powerful Grass-type attack off against Zygarde.

252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 207-244 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
We can switch in to Hurricane (but not Flyinium Z) and immediately pressure Tornadus with a priority attack.

0 SpA Zapdos Heat Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 214-254 (66.6 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
We can set up versus defensive Zapdos then threaten it with a Galvanize-boosted attack.

Moves from Defensive Counters:

0 SpA Venusaur-Mega Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 300-354 (92.3 - 108.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Mega Venusaur can eat a +2 Galvanize-boosted Attack and knock us out with Sludge Bomb, making it an appropriate defensive check.

0 SpA Cyclohm Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 186-220 (57.2 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Cyclohm can do very well against us defensively, and easily take us out with a couple of Fire-type attacks.

252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 170-202 (52.3 - 62.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Even Scarf Magnezone can easily 2HKO us, and we will not be able to do the same in return without a Ground-type coverage move.

0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 122-144 (37.5 - 44.3%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Tangrowth will not be able to easily 2HKO us, but more than any of the above mons it will simply be laughing off our attacks.

0 SpA Latias-Mega Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 169-199 (52 - 61.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Mega Latias will outspeed us, eat any +2 attack after rocks, and easily 2HKO if it is running Psychic, any Dragon-type move, or BoltBeam coverage.

252 SpA Tapu Lele Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow in Psychic Terrain: 288-339 (88.6 - 104.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Scarf Lele will hardly be a defensive counter, but it will be an unassailable revenge killer thanks to Psychic Terrain blocking any priority moves.

(These numbers prove why keeping special bulk relatively lower than physical bulk will be the healthiest for the metagame, because most of 25g's valid checks and counters will rely on special attacks to take it down.)

Stat Spread Overview: Understanding that 25g has the potential to be a dangerous priority sweeper, I realized early on during my research of calcs that a relatively low attack stat and a relatively high speed stat made for the most dynamic gameplay. A slow but hard-hitting setup + priority mon is very feast-or-famine. It will slaughter frail offensive teams with its priority after one turn of set-up, but against balanced or bulky offense teams it will just be outsped and fainted by something that can take one of its priority attacks. However, a fast setup + priority mon with a conservative attack stat is very reliant on its other, non-priority moves to get through these checks. This makes movepool choices and coverage options more meaningful, and allows the mon to help wallbreak (by setting up and slamming into whatever comes in) against teams that it cannot hope to sweep. Overall, this type of stat spread makes 25g less one-note in terms of gameplay and provides more interesting choices.

Finally, I tried to keep these stats as starter-like as possible, with some clean, divisible-by-ten numbers and a balanced overall aesthetic. No Grass-type starter yet has any of these same base stats, so there's some intentional originality to this stat spread. Also, I didn't push for a 535 BST as I feel that is really unique to Swampert. Anyway, I’ve really enjoyed this stat submission process so far! Feel free to comment/criticize. Thanks!

Last edited:

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission:

84 / 106 / 82 / 77 / 80 / 106 (535 BST)

PT: 120.18
ST: 119.73
PS: 163.39
SS: 121.93
BSR: 281.29

Metagame Role:
25g's primary purpose in the metagame is to bridge the gap between a defensive grass type and an offensive electric type to provide a unique bulky offensive threat. Being able to come in on both bulky ground types and bulky flying types and threaten them out with its unique STAB combination and threat profile aided by Galvanize Normal moves.

Galvanize presents unique offensive opportunities that should not be lost on the CAP metagame, allowing a strong combination that threatens a large number of common Pokemon without many weaknesses to exploit. Where Galvanize will find its actualization is in the potent offensive combinations Normal-type moves with better effects than electric's usual paralysis chance allows.

Stat Overview:

HP: HP without investment is 309, a perfect Life Orb number.

Speed: Speed Tier is probably the most important facet of 25g, as it is what will determine a large number of matchups. 106 Speed allows 25g to outrun a large portion of the CAP metagame at or below the 100 Base Speed tier, as well as Fidgit, Krilowatt, and Mega Pinsir. It also puts it just below Blacephalon, though many of Normal's options make that a poor choice to rely on unless you predict a Breakneck Blitz.

Attack / Speed: These stats try to strike a balance between being useful without being overwhelming. Choice Items are useful but not overly so, and the spread tries to focus more on a balanced approach given the neutralities of Grass/Electric typing.

Defense / SpD: Defense is set to be able to always survive Landorus-T Earthquake after Stealth Rock without investment and be able to attack or status before it moves. Special Defense is the maximum allowable within limits, as the Flying neutrality is not something a Grass type should sleep on in a metagame full of Tomohawk.

Overall BST: Gamefreak has consistently shown a dislike for Grass types by only giving them a 525-530 range (also coincidentally no Grass starter has ever been banned to Ubers. Suspicious.) If there's one convention I feel CAP ought to break, it's this one. #FreeTheFive

Sets:
As on offensive Pokemon, a basic 252Atk /252 Spe / 4 SpD Offensive Set is the most likely, utilizing a Z-Crystal for the unique breaking ability the shift from an Electric type move to a Normal-type move allows. Jolly Nature assumed for calcs. [309 HP / 311 Atk / 200 Def / 171 SpA / 197 SpD / 342 Spe]

Assumptions: In order to forecast against a broad array of threats, the offensive coverage assumed is STABs, Poison Jab, and Brick Break. As Giga Impact is a mandatory move, it will be used for the purposes of Breakneck Blitz calculations. Furthormore as most Grass types get Swords Dance and HazeHawk beating priotity has been mentioned a lot, considerations will be made for +2 Calculations.

0 SpA Toxapex Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 140-168 (45.3 - 54.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 31-37 (10 - 11.9%) -- possible 8HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Gastrodon Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 48-57 (15.5 - 18.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 109-129 (35.2 - 41.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 118-139 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 127-150 (41.1 - 48.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tomohawk Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 160-189 (51.7 - 61.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 109-130 (35.2 - 42%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 149-176 (48.2 - 56.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 111-132 (35.9 - 42.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Naviathan Scald vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 50-59 (16.1 - 19%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 118-139 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Fidgit Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 212-252 (68.6 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Fidgit Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 106-126 (34.3 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Jirachi U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 120-142 (38.8 - 45.9%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 51-60 (16.5 - 19.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 72-85 (23.3 - 27.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

Our Switch Ins list from Threats Discussion all pans out. Scarf Kartana's Sacred Sword and Fidgit's Sludge Bomb are the only two moves you might actually see that give an uninvested 25g enough trouble to be noteworthy.

Offensive Calculations:
Selected moves are Return, Wood Hammer, Brick Break, and Poison Jab. Specialized move calcs will appear separately
Any Calculation that hits a mimimum of 50% KOs at +2 [This forms the basis of the OHKO/2HKO List]
Any Calculation that hits a mimimum of 67% KOs at +1
Any Calculation that hits a mimumum of 75% KOs with Life Orb.

OHKO List:
Pelipper (OU Choice Specs) Return 266.6 - 314.1% guaranteed OHKO
Gyarados (OU Dragon Dance Sweeper) Return 254.9 - 300.9% guaranteed OHKO
Pelipper (OU Defensive) Return 189.4 - 222.9% guaranteed OHKO
Swampert-Mega (OU Rain Sweeper) Wood Hammer 182.9 - 215.8% guaranteed OHKO
Gyarados (OU Mega Dragon Dance) Return 170.3 - 200.6% guaranteed OHKO
Greninja (OU Choice Scarf) Return 168.4 - 198.5% guaranteed OHKO
Charizard-Mega-Y (OU Drought Wallbreaker Y) Return 142 - 168.3% guaranteed OHKO
Tornadus-Therian (OU Flyinium Z) Return 139.1 - 164.5% guaranteed OHKO
Hawlucha (OU Electric Seed Sweeper) Return 131.3 - 154.6% guaranteed OHKO
Keldeo (OU Choice Scarf) Return 130.6 - 154.1% guaranteed OHKO
Aerodactyl-Mega (OU All-Out Attacker) Return 130.2 - 154.1% guaranteed OHKO
Diancie-Mega (OU Substitute + Endeavor) Wood Hammer 130.2 - 154.3% guaranteed OHKO
Alakazam (OU Special Sweeper) Return 127.8 - 150.5% guaranteed OHKO
Azumarill (OU Belly Drum) Return 121.6 - 143.8% guaranteed OHKO
Keldeo (OU Waterium Z) Return 117 - 138% guaranteed OHKO
Blacephalon (OU Choice Scarf) Return 116.5 - 137.2% guaranteed OHKO
Blacephalon (OU Choice Specs) Return 116.5 - 137.2% guaranteed OHKO
Pinsir-Mega (OU Wallbreaker) Return 109.2 - 129.1% guaranteed OHKO
Bisharp (OU Swords Dance) Brick Break 106.2 - 125.4% guaranteed OHKO
Manaphy (OU Waterium Z) Return 102 - 120.2% guaranteed OHKO
Manaphy (OU Tail Glow + 3 Attacks) Return 101.7 - 119.8% guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Rotom-Mow Poison Jab vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 312-368 (96 - 113.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
Tapu Bulu (OU Swords Dance) Poison Jab 96.7 - 113.8% 75% chance to OHKO
Tapu Bulu (OU SubSD) Poison Jab 96.7 - 113.8% 75% chance to OHKO
Tapu Bulu (OU Choice Band) Poison Jab 96.7 - 113.8% 75% chance to OHKO
Tapu Fini (OU Defensive) Return 89.2 - 104.9% 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery

+2 OHKO (Double %age) /2HKO List:
Tapu Lele (OU Choice Specs) Return 78.2 - 92.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Tapu Lele (OU Choice Scarf) Return 78.2 - 92.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Manectric-Mega (OU Offensive Pivot) Wood Hammer 72.5 - 85.7% guaranteed 2HKO
Excadrill (OU Choice Scarf) Wood Hammer 70.7 - 83.7% guaranteed 2HKO
Excadrill (OU Focus Sash) Wood Hammer 70.6 - 83.3% guaranteed 2HKO
Excadrill (OU Sand Rush Sweeper) Wood Hammer 70.6 - 83.3% guaranteed 2HKO
Celesteela (OU Defensive) Return 70 - 83.1% guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Tapu Koko (OU Choice Specs) Wood Hammer 69.3 - 82.2% guaranteed 2HKO
Tapu Koko (OU Special Z-Move) Wood Hammer 69.3 - 82.2% guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Rotom-Mow Poison Jab vs. 252 HP / 160 Def Jumbao: 268-316 (69 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Gyarados-Mega (OU Mega Dragon Dance) Return 65.2 - 76.7% guaranteed 2HKO
Skarmory (OU Physically Defensive) Return 59.4 - 70.2% guaranteed 2HKO
Hippowdon (OU Physically Defensive) Wood Hammer 56.1 - 67.1% guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Mawile-Mega (OU All-out Attacker) Return 54.5 - 64% guaranteed 2HKO
Camerupt-Mega (OU Wallbreaker) Wood Hammer 53.9 - 64.2% guaranteed 2HKO
Stakataka (OU Offensive Trick Room) Brick Break 52.7 - 62.5% guaranteed 2HKO
Zapdos (OU Roost + 3 Attacks) Return 51.1 - 60.5% 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Heatran (OU Z-Move Trapper) Return 51 - 60.3% guaranteed 2HKO
Heatran (OU Choice Scarf) Return 51 - 60.3% guaranteed 2HKO
Jirachi (OU Choice Scarf) Return 51 - 60.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Mew (OU Double Dance) Return 51 - 60.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Muk-Alola (OU Assault Vest) Return 51 - 60.5% guaranteed 2HKO
Victini (OU Z-Celebrate) Return 51 - 60.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Magearna (OU Shift Gear) Return 50.8 - 60.1% guaranteed 2HKO
Magearna (OU Double Dance) Return 50.8 - 60.1% 89.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Heracross-Mega (OU Wallbreaker) Return 50.6 - 59.9% guaranteed 2HKO
Garchomp (OU Offensive Stealth Rock) Wood Hammer 49.7 - 58.6% 99.6% chance to 2HKO
Garchomp (OU Swords Dance) Wood Hammer 49.7 - 58.6% 99.6% chance to 2HKO
Garchomp (OU Choice Scarf) Wood Hammer 49.7 - 58.6% 99.6% chance to 2HKO
Hydreigon (OU Choice Specs) Brick Break 48 - 56.6% 84.8% chance to 2HKO
Sableye-Mega (OU Utility) Return 46.8 - 55.4% 70.7% chance to 2HKO
Magnezone (OU Substitute Z) Brick Break 44.8 - 53.3% 32% chance to 2HKO
Magnezone (OU Choice Scarf) Brick Break 44.6 - 53.1% 32% chance to 2HKO
Jirachi (OU Stealth Rock) Return 43.1 - 50.8% guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Kartana (OU Paper Cut (Swords Dance)) Brick Break 43 - 51.5% 7.4% chance to 2HKO
Kartana (OU Paper Plane (Choice Scarf)) Brick Break 43 - 51.5% 7.4% chance to 2HKO
Heatran (OU Specially Defensive) Return 42.8 - 50.6% guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Heatran (OU Utility) Return 42.7 - 50.5% guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Slowbro-Mega (OU Mega Tank) Return 42.6 - 50.2% 0.4% chance to 2HKO
Slowbro-Mega (OU Calm Mind) Return 42.6 - 50.2% 0.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 2HKO (Double %age) /3HKO List
Magearna (OU Assault Vest) Return 42.1 - 49.8% guaranteed 3HKO
Magearna (OU Trick Room) Return 42 - 49.7% guaranteed 3HKO
Zygarde (OU Offensive Dragon Dance) Wood Hammer 40.2 - 47.7% guaranteed 3HKO
Zygarde (OU Choice Band) Wood Hammer 40.2 - 47.7% guaranteed 3HKO
Gliscor (OU Defog) Wood Hammer 40 - 47.1% guaranteed 3HKO
Clefable (OU Magic Guard) Return 38.8 - 45.6% guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Clefable (OU Unaware) Return 38.8 - 45.6% guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Landorus-Therian (OU Choice Scarf) Wood Hammer 38.8 - 46% guaranteed 3HKO
Landorus-Therian (OU Flyinium Z) Wood Hammer 38.8 - 46% guaranteed 3HKO
Gliscor (OU Stallbreaker) Wood Hammer 38.3 - 45.4% guaranteed 3HKO
Mawile-Mega (OU Swords Dance) Return 38.2 - 45.4% guaranteed 3HKO
Thundurus-Therian (OU Double Dance) Wood Hammer 38.1 - 45.1% guaranteed 3HKO [SR Weak]
Mew (OU Defensive) Return 36.9 - 43.6% 99.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Kyurem-Black (OU LO KB) Brick Break 36.8 - 43.4% guaranteed 3HKO [SR Weak]
Kyurem-Black (OU Subzero Slammer) Brick Break 36.8 - 43.4% guaranteed 3HKO [SR Weak]
Zapdos (OU Defensive) Return 36.8 - 43.3% 99.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery [SR Weak]
Ferrothorn (OU Hazard Setter) Brick Break 31.2 - 36.9% guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery [Can't 2HKO Back]
Tangrowth (OU Assault Vest) Poison Jab 30.6 - 36.1% 47.7% chance to 3HKO [Can't 2HKO Back]

Special Moves:
Since a number of Normal-type attacks would change matchups, here's a few calcs.
Extreme Speed: The most impactful as it wipes out a huge number of checks relying on an outspeed. We're mostly interested in what ceases to be checks here:
+2 Calcs where noted
+2 252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 420-494 (101.4 - 119.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Mollux: 318-375 (96 - 113.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 654-770 (191.2 - 225.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 345-406 (97.4 - 114.6%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
+2 252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 259-306 (80.1 - 94.7%) -- 50% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
Weavile (OU All-out Attacker) Extreme Speed 69.3 - 81.4% guaranteed 2HKO
Tornadus-Therian (OU Flyinium Z) Extreme Speed 109 - 129% guaranteed OHKO
Aerodactyl-Mega (OU All-Out Attacker) Extreme Speed 103.6 - 122.2% guaranteed OHKO
Keldeo (OU Choice Scarf) Extreme Speed 102.7 - 121.3% guaranteed OHKO
Hawlucha (OU Electric Seed Sweeper) Extreme Speed 102.6 - 121.7% guaranteed OHKO
Alakazam (OU Special Sweeper) Extreme Speed 100.7 - 118.7% guaranteed OHKO
Azumarill (OU Belly Drum) Extreme Speed 95.3 - 112.8% 75% chance to OHKO
Keldeo (OU Waterium Z) Extreme Speed 92.8 - 109.5% 56.3% chance to OHKO
Blacephalon (OU Choice Scarf) Extreme Speed 91.4 - 108% 50% chance to OHKO
Blacephalon (OU Choice Specs) Extreme Speed 91.4 - 108% 50% chance to OHKO
Pinsir-Mega (OU Wallbreaker) Extreme Speed 86.3 - 101.8% 12.5% chance to OHKO
Gengar (OU Offensive Utility) Extreme Speed 78.2 - 92.7% guaranteed 2HKO
Gengar (OU Choice Specs) Extreme Speed 78.2 - 92.7% guaranteed 2HKO
Alakazam-Mega (OU Special Sweeper) Extreme Speed 76.8 - 90.8% guaranteed 2HKO

Explosion / [Giga Impact] Breakneck Blitz: Also discussed on Discord has been Explosion and a Breakneck Blitz combo (which has the same BP with Giga Impact] Here's the totality of what that would cover at +2, operating much like the CM / Z-Hyper Beam Keldeo set.
+2 Breakneck Blitz Calcs
Amoonguss (OU Defensive) Breakneck Blitz 110.4 - 129.9% guaranteed OHKO
Charizard-Mega-X (OU 3 Attacks + Roost) Breakneck Blitz 116.1 - 137% guaranteed OHKO
Charizard-Mega-X (OU Dragon Dance X) Breakneck Blitz 115.8 - 136.3% guaranteed OHKO
Garchomp (OU Swords Dance) Breakneck Blitz 110 - 129.6% guaranteed OHKO
Garchomp (OU Choice Scarf) Breakneck Blitz 110 - 129.6% guaranteed OHKO
Hydreigon (OU Choice Specs) Breakneck Blitz 126.7 - 149.2% guaranteed OHKO
Kyurem-Black (OU LO KB) Breakneck Blitz 96.4 - 113.5% 75% chance to OHKO
Kyurem-Black (OU Subzero Slammer) Breakneck Blitz 96.4 - 113.5% 75% chance to OHKO
Latias (OU Mega Calm Mind) Breakneck Blitz 112.6 - 132.6% guaranteed OHKO
Latias (OU Offensive Support) Breakneck Blitz 136.2 - 160.4% guaranteed OHKO
Latias-Mega (OU Mega Calm Mind) Breakneck Blitz 88.4 - 104.1% 25% chance to OHKO
Latios (OU Mega Mixed Attacker) Breakneck Blitz 150.8 - 177.7% guaranteed OHKO
Latios (OU Choice Scarf) Breakneck Blitz 150.8 - 177.7% guaranteed OHKO
Latios (OU Offensive) Breakneck Blitz 150.8 - 177.7% guaranteed OHKO
Latios (OU Choice Specs) Breakneck Blitz 150.8 - 177.7% guaranteed OHKO
Latios-Mega (OU Mega Mixed Attacker) Breakneck Blitz 125.2 - 147.5% guaranteed OHKO
Serperior (OU SubSeed) Breakneck Blitz 129.1 - 152.1% guaranteed OHKO after Leftovers recovery
Tangrowth (OU Assault Vest) Breakneck Blitz 75.2 - 88.6% guaranteed 2HKO
Tangrowth (OU Physically Defensive) Breakneck Blitz 59.3 - 69.9% guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Tapu Bulu (OU Assault Vest) Breakneck Blitz 97.3 - 114.8% 81.3% chance to OHKO
Tapu Bulu (OU Swords Dance) Breakneck Blitz 118.8 - 139.8% guaranteed OHKO
Venusaur-Mega (OU Defensive) Breakneck Blitz 80.7 - 95% guaranteed 2HKO
Zygarde (OU Offensive Dragon Dance) Breakneck Blitz 89.3 - 105.3% 37.5% chance to OHKO
Zygarde (OU Substitute + Dragon Dance) Breakneck Blitz 79.2 - 93.3% guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Zygarde (OU Choice Band) Breakneck Blitz 89.3 - 105.3% 37.5% chance to OHKO
Zygarde (OU Double Dance) Breakneck Blitz 80.6 - 94.9% guaranteed 2HKO

+2 Explosion Calcs:
Altaria-Mega (OU Dragon Dance) Explosion 133.6 - 157.3% guaranteed OHKO
Amoonguss (OU Defensive) Explosion 124.1 - 146.1% guaranteed OHKO
Charizard-Mega-X (OU 3 Attacks + Roost) Explosion 130.3 - 153.5% guaranteed OHKO
Charizard-Mega-X (OU Dragon Dance X) Explosion 129.9 - 153.1% guaranteed OHKO
Clefable (OU Unaware) Explosion 94.6 - 111.4% 68.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
Dragonite (OU Flyinium Z) Explosion 136.5 - 160.6% guaranteed OHKO
Latios-Mega (OU Mega Mixed Attacker) Explosion 140.8 - 165.7% guaranteed OHKO
Scizor-Mega (OU Utility) Explosion 140.2 - 165.3% guaranteed OHKO
Latias-Mega (OU Mega Calm Mind) Explosion 98.9 - 116.7% 93.8% chance to OHKO
Kyurem-Black (OU LO KB) Explosion 108.4 - 127.6% guaranteed OHKO
Kyurem-Black (OU Subzero Slammer) Explosion 108.4 - 127.6% guaranteed OHKO
Magnezone (OU Substitute Z) Explosion 133.4 - 156.9% guaranteed OHKO
Tapu Bulu (OU Swords Dance) Explosion 133.4 - 156.9% guaranteed OHKO
Tapu Bulu (OU SubSD) Explosion 133.4 - 156.9% guaranteed OHKO
Tapu Bulu (OU Choice Band) Explosion 133.4 - 156.9% guaranteed OHKO
Magnezone (OU Choice Scarf) Explosion 133.3 - 157% guaranteed OHKO

Boomburst / Hidden Power Ice: Not Strictly Normal-typed here, but here's what an uninvested neutral nature looks like if you sub in Special Attacking coverage:
Hawlucha (OU Electric Seed Sweeper) Boomburst 125.3 - 147.4% guaranteed OHKO
Pinsir-Mega (OU Wallbreaker) Boomburst 118 - 139.4% guaranteed OHKO
Skarmory (OU Physically Defensive) Boomburst 115.9 - 136.9% guaranteed OHKO
Tornadus-Therian (OU Flyinium Z) Boomburst 106.3 - 125% guaranteed OHKO
Volcanion (OU Substitute) Boomburst 106.3 - 125.5% guaranteed OHKO
Azumarill (OU Belly Drum) Boomburst 102.3 - 121% guaranteed OHKO
Aerodactyl-Mega (OU All-Out Attacker) Boomburst 101.6 - 119.6% guaranteed OHKO
Keldeo (OU Waterium Z) Boomburst 98.4 - 115.7% 87.5% chance to OHKO
Keldeo (OU Choice Scarf) Boomburst 98.4 - 115.7% 87.5% chance to OHKO
Mawile (OU Swords Dance) Boomburst 93.6 - 110.3% 62.5% chance to OHKO
Mantine (OU Mixed Wall) Boomburst 91.1 - 109.3% 50% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recover
Slowbro-Mega (OU Mega Tank) Boomburst 85.2 - 100.5% 6.3% chance to OHKO
Slowbro-Mega (OU Calm Mind) Boomburst 85.2 - 100.5% 6.3% chance to OHKO
Manaphy (OU Waterium Z) Boomburst 85 - 100.8% 6.3% chance to OHKO
Tapu Fini (OU Defensive) Boomburst 68.2 - 80.4% guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Kartana (OU Paper Cut (Swords Dance)) Boomburst 66.9 - 79.2% guaranteed 2HKO
Kartana (OU Paper Plane (Choice Scarf)) Boomburst 66.9 - 79.2% guaranteed 2HKO
Medicham-Mega (OU All-out Attacker) Boomburst 64.3 - 75.8% guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Scizor-Mega: 144-171 (41.9 - 49.8%) -- 88.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Celesteela (OU Defensive) Boomburst 62.4 - 74% guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Landorus-Therian (OU Choice Scarf) HP Ice 52.6 - 62.6% guaranteed 2HKO
Landorus-Therian (OU Rockium Z) HP Ice 52.6 - 62.6% guaranteed 2HKO
Landorus-Therian (OU Flyinium Z) HP Ice 52.6 - 62.6% guaranteed 2HKO
Gliscor (OU Stallbreaker) HP Ice 46.5 - 55.6% 76.2% chance to 2HKO
Garchomp (OU Swords Dance) HP Ice 44.6 - 53.6% 33.2% chance to 2HKO
Garchomp (OU Choice Scarf) HP Ice 44.6 - 53.6% 33.2% chance to 2HKO
Landorus-Therian (OU Defensive) HP Ice 43.9 - 52.3% guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Gliscor (OU Defog) HP Ice 42 - 50% 0.4% chance to 2HKO
Zygarde (OU Offensive Dragon Dance) HP Ice 41.3 - 49.1% guaranteed 3HKO
Zygarde (OU Choice Band) HP Ice 41.3 - 49.1% guaranteed 3HKO
Zygarde (OU Substitute + Dragon Dance) HP Ice 36.6 - 43.5% 98% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Zygarde (OU Double Dance) HP Ice 36.2 - 43.3% guaranteed 3HKO

Checks and Counters:
Checks depend very heavily on priority access, Counters less so. This is the shortened list of checks.
Checks w/o Priority:
252 SpA Volkraken (Choice Scarf) Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 444-524 (143.6 - 169.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mollux (Choice Scarf) Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 476-564 (154 - 182.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ SpA Mollux (Choice Scarf) Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 410-486 (132.6 - 157.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Syclant Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 416-494 (134.6 - 159.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
4 Atk Life Orb Syclant U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 265-315 (85.7 - 101.9%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 396-468 (128.1 - 151.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Choice Specs Greninja-Ash Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 265-313 (85.7 - 101.2%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Heatran (Choice Scarf) Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 432-510 (139.8 - 165%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Blacephalon Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 392-464 (126.8 - 150.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 474-560 (153.3 - 181.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 297-351 (96.1 - 113.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 186-220 (60.1 - 71.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Kitsunoh Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 246-290 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Choice Band Kitsunoh U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 230-272 (74.4 - 88%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Rotom-Mow: 322-379 (104.2 - 122.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Hard Checks:
Kyurem-Black (OU LO KB) Ice Beam 141.4 - 166.6% guaranteed KO
Latios (OU Choice Specs) Draco Meteor 123.6 - 145.6% guaranteed KO
252 Atk Landorus-Therian U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 196-232 (63.4 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock [CAP Can't really touch Lando before it U-turns]
252 Atk Garchomp (Choice Scarf) Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 231-273 (74.7 - 88.3%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock [Rough Skin makes this a losing battle]
252 Atk Garchomp (Choice Scarf) Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 193-228 (62.4 - 73.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock [Rough Skin makes this a losing battle]
252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pajantom: 114-135 (36.8 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock [Pajantom 2HKOs with Spirit Shackle or OHKO's with Z-Outrage.]
252 Atk Rotom-Mow Poison Jab vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pyroak: 106-126 (23.9 - 28.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery [Pyroak can't OHKO back with Lava Plume, however a burn will end 25G's sweep. SR weak hurts Pyroak badly here]
Hard Counters:
Latios (OU Mega Mixed Attacker) Return 34.5 - 40.8% guaranteed 3HKO
Latios (OU Choice Scarf) Return 34.5 - 40.8% guaranteed 3HKO
Latios (OU Offensive) Return 34.5 - 40.8% guaranteed 3HKO
Latios (OU Choice Specs) Return 34.5 - 40.8% guaranteed 3HKO
Scizor-Mega (OU Swords Dance) Return 34.4 - 40.5% guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Necturna: 86-102 (31.9 - 37.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock [Never-Ending Nightmare OHKOs, however 25G isn't setup fodder, especially if it has priority]
Latias (OU Offensive Support) Return 30.8 - 36.8% 71.9% chance to 3HKO
Latios-Mega (OU Mega Mixed Attacker) Return 28.9 - 33.8% 1.4% chance to 3HKO
Scizor-Mega (OU Utility) Return 28.8 - 34.1% 1.5% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Plasmanta: 75-88 (28.6 - 33.5%) -- 97.7% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock [KOs back with Sludge Wave]
Dragonite (OU Flyinium Z) Return 27.8 - 32.8% guaranteed 4HKO
Buzzwole (OU Showdown Usage) Return 27.5 - 32.6% 69.6% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Charizard-Mega-X (OU 3 Attacks + Roost) Return 26.5 - 31.3% guaranteed 4HKO [Must be careful on switchin as Charizard]
Charizard-Mega-X (OU Dragon Dance X) Return 26.5 - 31.3% guaranteed 4HKO [Must be careful on switchin as Charizard]
Latias (OU Mega Calm Mind) Return 25.5 - 30.4% guaranteed 4HKO
Amoonguss (OU Defensive) Return 25.2 - 29.9% 0.1% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery [ CLear Smog damages and negates boosting]
Venusaur (OU Defensive) Return 25 - 29.7% guaranteed 4HKO [Sludge Bomb OHKOs back]
252 Atk Rotom-Mow Brick Break vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cawmodore: 57-68 (23.5 - 28%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock [Cawm just... hard walls]
Landorus-Therian (OU Defensive) Wood Hammer 23 - 27.4% possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
Latias-Mega (OU Mega Calm Mind) Return 20.3 - 23.9% guaranteed 5HKO
Venusaur-Mega (OU Defensive) Return 18.4 - 21.7% possible 5HKO
252 Atk Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 54-65 (12.8 - 15.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Summary:
CAP 25g is intended to be built as a specialist, and in that role it excels by being able to switch in on both big Ground and big Flying attacks and being able, with the right movepool, to force both of those kinds of threats out. With the right coverage it will have excellent matchups against non-Poison Grass types, Ground types, and Flying types in the metagame. It's ability to hit most Steel-types for strong neutral damage is also valuable.

CAP 25g struggles against Grass/Poison and Dragon types in the metagame, and its neutralities means it really has to capitalize on its ability to come in on a wide variety of attacks. Scarf Pokemon with U-turn are particularly troubling as they can chip it, and the most Defensive Steel types still have few issues walling its most viable sets. It's other matchups are heavily movepool dependent - priority would give it a huge boost, stat boosting would give it a huge boost. This spread provides a framework to allow us to choose which specialty we want CAP 25g to master in movepool.

Last edited:
Final Submission

86/113/79/93/72/92 (BST: 535)

Physical Sweepiness: 154,915
Physical Tankiness: 117,690
Special Sweepiness: 131,806
Special Tankiness: 109,825
BSR: 274,150

As I said in the Stats discussion, I really want to support mixed offensive. While a lot of our "Switches into" and "Checks counters" lists really lack on a stelar speed, I find 92 speed enough to go viable in our concept. This, allow us to run a Hidden Power coverage strong enough to be consider for our "Checks and counters" list and output a good amount of damage while pivoting without break the SS limit.

Choosing a +SpA Nature doesnt hurt our Galvanize + Return potential. Notice that no item was equiped during all calcs
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 252-296 (83.1 - 97.6%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 320-378 (93.2 - 110.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 206-246 (61.8 - 73.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 278-330 (67.1 - 79.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 48 HP / 0 Def Naviathan: 396-468 (110.3 - 130.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 181-214 (44.9 - 53.1%) -- 30.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 229-271 (64.6 - 76.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stratagem: 256-303 (79.7 - 94.3%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Tornadus: 540-636 (180.6 - 212.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 434-512 (126.9 - 149.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Galvanize CAP25g Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 172-204 (44.5 - 52.8%) -- 82.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Hidden Power Coverage, an ace in the hole
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 156-184 (44.3 - 52.2%) -- 16% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 110-130 (36.5 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jumbao in Sun: 168-198 (51.6 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Ice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Necturna: 100-118 (37 - 43.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 154-182 (36.6 - 43.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 182-216 (45.1 - 53.5%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 86-102 (21.2 - 25.2%) -- 98.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA CAP25g Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 276-328 (72.2 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Offensive pivot
252+ SpA CAP25g Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Diancie-Mega: 93-109 (38.5 - 45.2%) -- 10.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ SpA CAP25g Volt Switch vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Crucibelle-Mega: 84-99 (23.7 - 27.9%) -- 85.5% chance to 4HKO
252+ SpA CAP25g Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 96-114 (24.8 - 29.5%) -- 78% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP25g Volt Switch vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 109-129 (27.6 - 32.7%) -- 72.4% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA CAP25g Volt Switch vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 57-67 (19.1 - 22.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock

List of Pokémon that CAP25g outspeed
Switches into:
Clefable
Gastrodon
Ferrothorn
Skarmory
Toxapex
Tapu Fini
Rotom-Wash

Pressure:
Heatran
Tomohawk

Checks and Counters:
Pyroark
Cyclohm
Necturna
Tangrowth
Magnezone
Amoongus
Magearna

Other OU Pokémons:
Arghonaut
Bisharp
Celesteela
Chansey
Mega Sableye
Mega Scizor
Tyranitar
Mega Swampert
Malaconda
Tapu Bulu
Mega Gyarados
Mollux
Hoopa (Unbound)
Mega Mawile
Revenankh
Pelliper
Landorus-T

Defensive
+1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP25g : 230-271 (73.4 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP25g : 216-255 (69 - 81.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 252+ Atk Necturna Shadow Claw vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP25g : 217-256 (69.3 - 81.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+2 64+ Atk Technician Scizor-Mega Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP25g : 129-152 (41.2 - 48.5%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 4 Atk Revenankh Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def CAP25g : 154-183 (49.2 - 58.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:
Final Submission

97/116/87/64/72/99 (Sum=535)

PT: 139.9
ST: 119.1
PS: 168.8
SS: 99.6
BSR: 282.7

Metagame Role:
  • Bulky Physical Attacker with unique speed tier in between base 95's and base 100's and unique offensive coverage in Grass and Galvanize-boosted Electric
  • Potential Wall Breaker set with Adamant nature, more power but at the cost of being out speed by base 95's
  • Options for boosting or priority for additional niche options
  • Countered by bulky walls, faster threats, strong hits and overall chip damage due to average stats all around
99 Speed:
  • Out speeds Naviathan, Collosoil, among others around the 95 speed tier, but still out speed by base 100's (Mega-Charizard X, Plasmanta) and above
  • Also enables an Adamant nature for more power, and while it is now slower to the base 95's, it still out speeds many walls like Tomohawk, Heatran, Tapu Fini as well as Adamant Landorus and Adamant Zygarde
116 Attack
  • High to enable an offensive presence
  • Walls weak to our STAB and mons with average defense do not enjoy our attacks
Tomohawk
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 284-336 (68.5 - 81.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 114-134 (27.5 - 32.3%) -- 60.1% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Toxapex
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 254-302 (83.8 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
Colossoil
252 Atk Abomasnow Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Colossoil: 356-422 (87.4 - 103.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
Tapu Lele
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tapu Lele: 234-276 (83.2 - 98.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Volkraken
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 176-210 (51.4 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Adamant is equivalent to 132, and provides extra power for an alternative set
  • Secures more OHKO's against certain walls
Tomohawk
Phys Def Tomo - hates Return + Quick Attack or 2 Returns
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 312-368 (75.3 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 122-146 (29.4 - 35.2%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
Offensive Tomo
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tomohawk: 440-518 (125.3 - 147.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tomohawk: 174-206 (49.5 - 58.6%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Suicune: 360-426 (89.1 - 105.4%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
Toxapex
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 282-332 (93 - 109.5%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Black Sludge recovery
Rotom-Wash
252+ Atk Abomasnow Leaf Blade vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Rotom-Wash: 216-254 (71.2 - 83.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Clefable
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 178-210 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Heatran
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 193-228 (59.7 - 70.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Volkraken
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 192-228 (56.1 - 66.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Attack does not break everything
  • Those that resist our STAB, especially those with high Defense, tank our hits
Kyurem-Black
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 102-120 (26 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Mega-Crucibelle
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 102-120 (28.8 - 33.8%) -- 0.7% chance to 3HKO
Jumbao
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 94-111 (28.9 - 34.1%) -- 3.5% chance to 3HKO
Tangrowth
252 Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 59-69 (14.6 - 17.1%) -- possible 9HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 64-76 (15.8 - 18.8%) -- possible 8HKO after Leftovers recovery
Pajantom
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pajantom: 134-158 (43.3 - 51.1%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO
Latios
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 122-144 (40.5 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252+ Atk Galvanize Abomasnow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios: 48-57 (15.9 - 18.9%) -- possible 6HKO
97 HP/87 Defense
  • Maxed for physical bulk to help 25g be tankier
  • Survives neutral STAB and coverage moves from mons that we resist STAB, like Kartana
Kartana
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 145-171 (42.5 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
+1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 216-255 (63.3 - 74.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Weak Earthquakes (Excadrill)
252 Atk Mold Breaker Excadrill Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 193-228 (56.5 - 66.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Landorus-T
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 223-264 (65.3 - 77.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Defense is not high enough to tank everything
  • Weak against strong attacks and super effective attacks
Necturna
+2 252+ Atk Necturna Phantom Force vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 349-412 (102.3 - 120.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Pajantom
252 Atk Pajantom Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 229-270 (67.1 - 79.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Landorus-T
252+ Atk Landorus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 390-459 (114.3 - 134.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Weavile
252 Atk Choice Band Weavile Ice Shard vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Abomasnow: 212-252 (62.1 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
97 HP/72 SpDef
  • Survives resisted hits and weak neutral hits
Tapu Fini
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Suicune
+6 0 SpA Suicune Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 210-248 (61.5 - 72.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Clefable
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 132-156 (38.7 - 45.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Tomohawk (non-offensive set)
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 123-145 (36 - 42.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Mega-Alakazam
252 SpA Alakazam-Mega Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 246-291 (72.1 - 85.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • Special Defense is still low enough to be threatened by many things, especially strong attacks and sper effective coverage
Heatran
252 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 440-518 (129 - 151.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Tomohawk
252+ SpA Life Orb Tomohawk Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 316-372 (92.6 - 109%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO
Jumbao
252 SpA Jumbao Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 202-238 (59.2 - 69.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Cyclohm
4 SpA Cyclohm Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 236-278 (69.2 - 81.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Latios
252 SpA Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 285-336 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Tangrowth
0 SpA Tangrowth Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 188-222 (55.1 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Abomasnow: 126-150 (36.9 - 43.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
64 Special Attack
  • It gets the short straw, in order to keep the bulk up and Attack high
Take Aways:
  • High Attack Power
  • Okay Speed
  • Good Bulk to Take Hits
  • Poor Special Attack
  • Weak to faster threats and strong attacks or repeated hits

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP

Firstly, 530 BST Grass Starter :)

HP: 92
Attack: 104
Defense: 90
Special Attack: 73
Special Defense: 75
Speed: 96
BST: 530 (Gold Standard)

PT: 139.60
ST: 119.50
PS: 149.47
SS: 110.00
BSR: 277.11

So immediately I decided that for Grass Cappo to be successful, this "mixed" notion has to be squashed, as then we would not be able to optimize bulk and speed with a decent Attack stat for a certain priority move ;).

Calcs and a more thorough breakdown before the week ends, not in a typing mood :/

Final Submission (Edit: Changed A and SpA to not break the limit)

HP: 79
A: 112
V: 83
SpA: 85
SpV: 75
Speed: 101

BST: 535

HP: 79 is an ideal Life Orb number, and I wanted its HP close to other fast, offensive Grass starter.
A: 112 is its maximum, and it's close enough to OHKO Bold Toxapex after Stealth Rock if it has Life Orb and Return (62.5%). If it gets access to Earthquake, then even a Timid nature + Life Orb is almost enough to 2HKO Assault Vest Magearna and OHKO bulky Heatran or Plasmanta after Stealth Rock. 112 Attack/101 Speed is close enough to Delphox 114 Special Attack/104 Speed.
0- Atk Life Orb Sceptile Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 354-421 (91.7 - 109%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Plasmanta Sludge Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 463-549 (154.8 - 183.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
0- Atk Life Orb Sceptile Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 164-195 (45.1 - 53.7%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

V: 83 is enough to survive +1 Sacred Sword from Kartana after Stealth Rock.
+1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 221-260 (73.9 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
More would be unncessary as Kartana's Sacred Sword is simply to strong to make it a 3HKO. You can only hope that Kartana uses its other moves, which are only a 3HKO.
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 110-130 (36.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
And this is okay if we want Sceptile to only be a check to Kartana.
SpA: I had enough points left, so I said to myself: Since some people like a mixed offensive set, why not put the rest into its Special Attack? After all, all the other stats don't need any improvements. And it's enough to threaten Landorus-T, Zygarde, Mega-Scizor, Kartana with Hidden Power Ice/Fire, especially after Stealth Rock and Life Orb/Choice Spec. Stealth Rock + Choice Spec will OHKO Defensive Landorus-T with Hidden Power Ice.
SpV: Moonblast from Clefable is a clean 3HKO. 13 points more would have been ideal to maintain a 3HKO even after Stealth Rock, but then I would push its SpV over the limit. Hence why I had to go for 75 to not break the limit...
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 112-133 (37.4 - 44.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Speed: 101 is to outspeed Plasmanta, Charizard, Salamence, Mega Gardevoir and threaten them.

PT: 116.94
ST: 108.12
PS: 169.42
SS: 131.25
BSR: 281.60

Interaction with Checks, Counters, and Switch-Ins
a) 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 124-147 (41.4 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

79 HP/75 SpV is the minimum required to avoid a possible 2HKO without Stealth Rock.
With Stealth Rock however:

b) 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 124-147 (41.4 - 49.1%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
c) 0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Sceptile: 84-99 (28 - 33.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

The same applies to Tapu Fini as both Clefable and Tapu Fini share the same SpA.

- - -

d) 0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 109-129 (36.4 - 43.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
e) 0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 126-148 (42.1 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

f) 0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Sceptile: 78-93 (26 - 31.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
g) 0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Sceptile: 78-93 (26 - 31.1%) -- 22.5% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
h) 0 SpA Tomohawk Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Sceptile: 114-135 (38.1 - 45.1%) -- 8.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

i) 252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 110-130 (36.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
j) +1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 221-260 (73.9 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

When you're fighting against Kartana and when you have sacked a Pkm, Sceptile will definitely survive Kartana's boosted Sacred Sword after Stealth Rock. If you use Hidden Power Fire, you can easily OHKO Kartana even with a Jolly nature.

k) 0- SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 328-388 (126.1 - 149.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

- - -

l) 0- Atk Fidgit U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 86-102 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 0.8% chance to 3HKO
m) 0- Atk Fidgit U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 86-102 (28.7 - 34.1%) -- 99.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock

Sceptile has to be wary of Jirachi, however:
n) 0 Atk Jirachi U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 118-140 (39.4 - 46.8%) -- 34.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

On the other hand,
0 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 187-222 (46.4 - 55%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

This is not bad if you intend to run a mixed set. 60 Atk is need to have a 98.8% chance to 2HKO Careful Jirachi after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery.
Only 16 Atk is needed to have a 93.8% chance to OHKO Calm Toxapex after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
- - -

o) 0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 72-84 (24 - 28%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
p) 0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (150 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 89-105 (29.7 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

On the other hand,
q) 252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 177-208 (50.2 - 59%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

- - -

If you want to get rid of Relaxed Celesteela and Bold Clefable, you need:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 207-243 (52.5 - 61.6%) -- 98.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
144 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 248 HP / 104+ Def Celesteela: 346-408 (87.1 - 102.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

- - -

252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 229-271 (76.5 - 90.6%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
80 SpA Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 272-324 (90.9 - 108.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Stratagem Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 230-270 (76.9 - 90.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

If Sceptile runs a Naive nature, then
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Stratagem Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Sceptile: 255-302 (85.2 - 101%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Latios-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 313-370 (104.6 - 123.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Sceptile: 270-318 (90.3 - 106.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Some of the Pkm require Stealth Rock in order to reliably beat Sceptile.

On the other hand,
0- SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-Therian: 164-196 (51.4 - 61.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
0 SpA Sceptile Hidden Power Ice vs. 244 HP / 68 SpD Gliscor: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Poison Heal

12 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 153-183 (39.9 - 47.7%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 248 HP / 240+ Def Zapdos: 188-224 (49 - 58.4%) -- 68% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

It also beats Utility Mega Scizor with a combination of 252 Atk Life Orb Return and 0- SpA Hidden Power Fire after Stealth Rock.
Interestingly enough: 0 Atk Scizor-Mega U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 252-296 (84.2 - 98.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Also noteworthy: 252 Atk Choice Band Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 135-159 (44.8 - 52.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Then, we have this:
252 Atk Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 160-189 (44 - 52%) -- 69.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
It's a sure 2HKO if instead of Stealth Rock, we have Spike on the field.

Add in a Choice Band against Timid Magearna,
252 Atk Choice Band Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 238-282 (79 - 93.6%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

- - -
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 120-140 (36.9 - 43%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Sceptile Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jumbao: 125-148 (38.4 - 45.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

So, Jumbao can switch in on Sceptiles' moves no matter what set and nature Sceptile is running.
The only problem is a Band Set:
252 Atk Choice Band Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 138-162 (42.4 - 49.8%) -- 32% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
Here, Jumbao needs some investment into its HP, but other then that Sceptile won't cause it much problem.

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 107-126 (36 - 42.4%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Mega Charizard X cannot comfortably switch in on Sceptile's Return if Stealth Rock is on the field.

If we want to abuse Priority moves:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 257-304 (90.1 - 106.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

60 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 135-164 (49.8 - 60.5%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
This is for those who wants to use a mixed set.

However, if normal Pinsir is hurt by Stealth Rock and if it mega-evolve after that, not even that is enough to OHKO Mega Pinsir.
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Sceptile Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Pinsir-Mega: 159-190 (58.6 - 70.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
Pinsir needs some chip damage for it to be threatened by Quick Attack.

On the other hand,
+2 252 Atk Aerilate Pinsir-Mega Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Sceptile: 210-247 (70.2 - 82.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

So, Sceptile is bulky enough to survive a boosted Quick Attack. This is important because if Mega Pinsir is already weakened, for example by Stealth Rock, then it has to go for Quick Attack.

Last edited:
Final Submission (Edit: Changed A and SpA to not break the limit)

HP: 79
A: 112
V: 83
SpA: 85
SpV: 75
Speed: 101

HP: 79 is an ideal Life Orb number, and I wanted its HP close to other fast, offensive Grass starter.
A: 112 is its maximum without wasting any points, and it's close enough to OHKO Calm Toxapex after Stealth Rock if it has Life Orb and Return. If it gets access to Earthquake, then even a Timid nature + Life Orb is enough to 2HKO Assault Vest Magearna and OHKO bulky Heatran or Plasmanta. 112 Attack/101 Speed is close enough to Delphox 114 Special Attack/104 Speed.
V: 83 is enough to survive +1 Sacred Sword from Kartana after Stealth Rock.
SpA: I had enough points left, so I said to myself: Since some people like a mixed offensive set, why not put the rest into its Special Attack? After all, all the other stats don't need any improvements. And it's enough to threaten Landorus-T, Zygarde, Mega-Scizor, Kartana with Hidden Power Ice/Fire, especially after Stealth Rock and Life Orb/Choice Spec. Stealth Rock + Choice Spec will OHKO Defensive Landorus-T with Hidden Power Ice.
SpV: Moonblast from Clefable is a clean 3HKO. 13 points more would have been ideal to maintain a 3HKO even after Stealth Rock, but then I would push its SpV over the limit. Hence why I had to go for 75 to not break the limit...
Speed: 101 is to outspeed Plasmanta.

PT: 116.94
ST: 108.12
PS: 169.42
SS: 131.25
BSR: 281.60
just a comment. I expect this post gets deleted soon... It seems that your calcs didn't consider EVs. the " it's close enough to OHKO Calm Toxapex after Stealth Rock if it has Life Orb and Return" is for a 0 EVs spread. With 252 EVs, it is able to OHKO even Bold Toxapex
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 250-296 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

just a comment. I expect this post gets deleted soon... It seems that your calcs didn't consider EVs. the " it's close enough to OHKO Calm Toxapex after Stealth Rock if it has Life Orb and Return" is for a 0 EVs spread. With 252 EVs, it is able to OHKO even Bold Toxapex
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Toxapex: 250-296 (82.5 - 97.6%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
With the exception of Attack, every other stats had EVs in mind. For some reason, I must have confused my old and new Attack spread. Anyway, thanks for mentioning it. Will change Calm Toxaped to Bold Toxapex.

HP: 75
Attack: 111
Defense: 102
Special Attack: 70
Special Defense: 74
Speed: 103

PT: 138
ST: 103
PS: 168
SS:
BSR: 278

This spread sacrifices ST and SS in order to have nearly maxed out PT and PS. 111 Atk and 103 Spe should make its Galvanize-boosted Normal moves very threatening, regardless of whether they are priority, and should leave us with more offensive options in the movepool stage.

david0895

Mercy Main Btw
Final Submission:

79 / 105 / 85 / 80 / 83 / 98 (530 BST)

PT: 119,706
ST: 119,3356
PS: 151,4955
SS: 120,1158
BSR: 271,82458

Stat Overview:

HP: Just a Life Orb number

Speed: Enough to outspeed unboosted DD Naviathan, non-Scarf Volkraken and Colossoil, but leaving it under Mega Charizard X, Plasmanta, Pajantom and Zapdos allowing them to stop 25g

Attack / Special Attack: I tried to do a balanced job, trying to not making boosted Electric moves too strong, but still allowing to the Grass moves to be decently powerful

Defense / Special Defense: Since 25g doesn't need to tank so many moves, I made them semi-optimal, maximing SpD for taking better Air Slash Tomohawk

BST: Nothing special, 530 BST with some values taken from other Grass starters (Sceptile has 105 SpA, Venusaur 83 Def, Torterra 85 SpD)

Toxapex:
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 30-36 (10 - 12%) -- possible 9HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 307-367 (101.3 - 121.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 187-221 (61.7 - 72.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery

Gastrodon:
0 SpA Gastrodon Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 47-56 (15.7 - 18.7%) -- possible 6HKO
0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 106-126 (35.4 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 380-452 (89.4 - 106.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 1191-1409 (280.2 - 331.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Rotom-Wash:
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 72-85 (24 - 28.4%) -- 97.6% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 218-260 (71.9 - 85.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Rotom-Wash: 315-374 (103.9 - 123.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tapu Fini:
Tapu Fini Nature's Madness vs. 0 HP Rotom-Mow: 149-149 (49.8 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 115-136 (38.4 - 45.4%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 398-468 (116 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 265-315 (77.2 - 91.8%) -- 25% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 187-221 (54.5 - 64.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 390-460 (113.7 - 134.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Skarmory:
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 123-145 (41.1 - 48.4%) -- 74.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 257-304 (77.1 - 91.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 439-523 (131.8 - 157%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Tomohawk:
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 106-126 (35.4 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tomohawk Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 156-184 (52.1 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 346-408 (83.5 - 98.5%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 398-471 (96.1 - 113.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Kartana:
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 108-128 (36.1 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 145-171 (48.4 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 84-99 (28 - 33.1%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 156-184 (52.1 - 61.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Kartana Knock Off vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 105-124 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 199-234 (76.5 - 90%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 593-702 (228 - 270%) -- guaranteed OHKO

25g can check it if locked on the right move, but it can't enter randomly.

Naviathan:
+1 0 SpA Naviathan Scald vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 72-85 (24 - 28.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 SpA Naviathan Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 73-86 (24.4 - 28.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 156+ Def Naviathan: 377-447 (91.9 - 109%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Naviathan: 471-556 (114.8 - 135.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. +1 252 HP / 0 SpD Naviathan: 315-374 (76.8 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Clefable:
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 115-136 (38.4 - 45.4%) -- 14.1% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 196-231 (49.7 - 58.6%) -- 71.9% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 5.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 126-149 (31.9 - 37.8%) -- 0.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 192-227 (48.7 - 57.6%) -- 54.7% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Fidgit:
20 Atk Fidgit Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 102-120 (34.1 - 40.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
20 SpA Fidgit Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 106-126 (35.4 - 42.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
20 SpA Fidgit Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 212-252 (70.9 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 208 SpD Fidgit: 109-130 (27.6 - 32.9%) -- 99.9% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 28+ Def Fidgit: 181-214 (45.9 - 54.3%) -- 52.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery

Matchup is really dependent from both of the movesets

Jirachi:
0 Atk Jirachi Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 49-58 (16.3 - 19.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Jirachi U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 116-138 (38.7 - 46.1%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 224-265 (55.5 - 65.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Ferrothorn:
0 Atk Ferrothorn Gyro Ball (97 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 57-67 (19 - 22.4%) -- 1% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 70-83 (23.4 - 27.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 172-203 (48.8 - 57.6%) -- 91.8% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Before to start I want to say that only considering Extreme Speed, 25g perfectly pressure all the faster targets, but since this could be considered polljumping, I prefered to use Quick Attack

Mega Crucibelle:
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 288-340 (96.3 - 113.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 462-546 (154.5 - 182.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 180-214 (60.2 - 71.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 110-133 (31 - 37.5%) -- 79.4% chance to 3HKO

25g fails to proferly pressure Mega Crucibelle

Crucibelle: like above

Mega Diancie:
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 211-250 (70.5 - 83.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
0 Atk Diancie-Mega Diamond Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 186-220 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 180-212 (60.2 - 70.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Diancie-Mega: 213-252 (88.3 - 104.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Diancie-Mega: 452-533 (187.5 - 221.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Diancie needs of some chip damage to OHKO 25g, otherwise it can't check 25g

Greninja:
252 SpA Expert Belt Protean Greninja Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 353-418 (118 - 139.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Greninja: 242-289 (84.9 - 101.4%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Stratagem:
252 SpA Life Orb Stratagem Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 346-408 (115.7 - 136.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Stratagem: 126-149 (39.2 - 46.4%) -- 29.7% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

25g fails to proferly pressure Stratagem

Tornadus-Therian:
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 186-220 (62.2 - 73.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Quick Attack vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 213-252 (71.2 - 84.2%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

Tomohawk:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tomohawk: 484-572 (137.8 - 162.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Since Tomohawk it's slower, it's directly checked

Heatran:
0 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 254-300 (84.9 - 100.3%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 318-374 (106.3 - 125%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 212-251 (55 - 65.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Heatran wins but taking at least 60% of damage is not good

Volkraken:
252 SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 432-510 (144.4 - 170.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Quick Attack vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 213-252 (62.2 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Volkraken wins, but with enough chip damage it will not be able to attack in time

Jumbao:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 114-135 (35 - 41.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 113-133 (34.7 - 40.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Jumbao in Sun: 179-213 (55 - 65.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Jumbao Flame Burst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow in Sun: 260-308 (86.9 - 103%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Jumbao: 101-120 (26 - 30.9%) -- 14.4% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Jumbao Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 144-171 (48.1 - 57.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

If Jumbao has Drought and 25g has HP Fire, Jumbao is a check, otherwise it can be a counter

Necturna:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 112-133 (41.4 - 49.2%) -- 15.6% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 109-129 (40.3 - 47.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Necturna: 107-127 (39.6 - 47%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
+2 252+ Atk Necturna Phantom Force vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 349-412 (116.7 - 137.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Necturna has enough bulk to tank a 25g move, set up and throw a powerful Ghost move

Pajantom:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pajantom: 148-174 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Pajantom: 144-172 (46.6 - 55.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pajantom: 77-90 (24.9 - 29.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Pajantom: 114-135 (36.8 - 43.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pajantom Ice Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 192-226 (64.2 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pajantom Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 229-270 (76.5 - 90.3%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pajantom Devastating Drake (190 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 361-426 (120.7 - 142.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pajantom Spirit Shackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 153-181 (51.1 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Pajantom Never-Ending Nightmare (160 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 306-360 (102.3 - 120.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

25g physical set is checked, the special one is countered

Pyroak:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pyroak: 78-92 (17.6 - 20.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 90-105 (20.3 - 23.7%) -- 0.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 66-79 (14.8 - 17.8%) -- possible 6HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Pyroak Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 194-230 (64.8 - 76.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Cyclohm:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 35-43 (8.3 - 10.2%) -- possibly the worst move ever
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 55-65 (13 - 15.4%) -- possible 9HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 166-198 (39.5 - 47.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Cyclohm Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 168-198 (56.1 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Cyclohm Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 168-198 (56.1 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 166-198 (46.4 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Choice Specs Cyclohm Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 378-446 (126.4 - 149.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Without HP Ice, 25g is competely useless and even with it, it is still checked

Magnezone:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 99-117 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 90-107 (31.9 - 37.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 62-74 (21.9 - 26.2%) -- 89.3% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 97-116 (34.3 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 135-161 (47.8 - 57%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 154-182 (51.5 - 60.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Without HP Fire, 25g is useless, otherwise it will win against non-Scarf sets

Cawmodore:
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Cawmodore: 43-52 (17.7 - 21.4%) -- guaranteed 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 36-43 (14.8 - 17.7%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 159-187 (65.7 - 77.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+6 252 Atk Cawmodore Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 648-763 (216.7 - 255.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Cawmodore Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 295-348 (98.6 - 116.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Without HP Fire, 25g is a setup fodder

Kyurem-Black:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 112-133 (28.6 - 34%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 101-120 (25.8 - 30.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 75-90 (19.1 - 23%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 266-314 (88.9 - 105%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Latios:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 112-133 (37.2 - 44.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 109-129 (36.2 - 42.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 117-140 (38.8 - 46.5%) -- 25% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Latios-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 289-342 (96.6 - 114.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Latios-Mega Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 268-316 (89.6 - 105.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Mega Latias:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 95-113 (26 - 31%) -- 20.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Wood Hammer vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 94-110 (25.8 - 30.2%) -- 7.6% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 88-104 (24.1 - 28.5%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Latias-Mega Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 204-240 (68.2 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
+1 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (60 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 153-180 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Tangrowth:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 90-107 (22.2 - 26.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 94-112 (23.2 - 27.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 110-130 (36.7 - 43.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 133-156 (33 - 38.7%) -- 99.2% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 198-234 (49.1 - 58%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Physical Tangrowth takes at least the same damage that it does, but AV stops 25g perfectly

Amoonguss:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 96 Def Amoonguss: 133-156 (30.8 - 36.1%) -- 52.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 248 HP / 160+ SpD Amoonguss: 114-135 (26.4 - 31.3%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Stealth Rock and Black Sludge recovery
0 SpA Amoonguss Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 200-236 (66.8 - 78.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Ferrothorn: Ehm... what? It's in the target list

Mega Charizard-X:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 101-121 (34 - 40.7%) -- 45.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 94-112 (31.6 - 37.7%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 71-84 (23.9 - 28.2%) -- 91.7% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 584-690 (195.3 - 230.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Magearna:
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Magearna: 199-235 (54.8 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 74-87 (20.3 - 23.9%) -- 0.7% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Magearna: 57-68 (15.7 - 18.7%) -- guaranteed 6HKO after Stealth Rock
8 SpA Magearna Fleur Cannon vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 207-244 (69.2 - 81.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
8 SpA Magearna Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 128-152 (42.8 - 50.8%) -- 96.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
8 SpA Magearna Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 192-226 (64.2 - 75.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Non-physical 25g is perfectly stopped by AV Magearna

Last edited:

reachzero

the pastor of disaster
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I realize that most of these submission posts are in an early stage of development, but please make sure you include an adequate section on this Pokemon's place in the metagame: this means showing us how the stat spread interacts with it's switch-ins, checks and counters. If your spread is designed to overcome many of our listed checks and counters, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that the spread will open up additional counterplay options, to ensure that we are not left with no avenues of counterplay. Any submission post that does not indicate its spread's relationship to the metagame in a meaningful way will be disregarded.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

84 HP / 104 Atk / 76 Def / 85 SpA / 71 SpD / 115 Spe (535 BST)
PT: 111.612
ST: 106.689
PS: 168.786
SS: 139.488

BSR: 282.159

25g I think is the hardest of the trio we're looking at to statline efficiently. There are so many options available to us - ExtremeSpeed, Boomburst, Return - that it's pretty tricky to nail down what 25g needs, and what would simply be an add-on.

For instance, does 25g use Priority because it's slow, or is it targeting specific matchups such as Tomohawk, where speed is less important than the fact that it has a +1 next to it's name? Do we build mixed, using the ridiculous BAP moves we have access to, or do we focus on one offensive stat?

This stat spread is essentially my answer to those questions :P

115 Speed
Let's look at the most notable aspect of my spread. We have, as a goal, an aim to Pressure Mega Crucibelle. Realistically, Grass and Electric aren't quite cutting it there: If we want to be pressuring M-Cruci from a 2HKO position, then we really need to be outspeeding it so we can follow up the first hit before being OHKOd. More generally, I don't want 25g to be dependant on recieving moves we are by no means guarenteed at this stage of the process, and also to be able to use stronger moves like Return without hassle. Breaking past the 100s when +SpA/Atk is nice as well.

84 HP / 76 Def
Survives anything a +1 Kartana can throw at is, can avoid the 3HKO as long as we're not swapping into Sacred Sword. 84 HP happens to be a Life Orb number as well.

84 HP / 71 SpD
Always OHKOd by Offensive Tomohawk, whilst defensive struggles to land the 2HKO, fitting the "switch in" and "pressure" molds for those variants. Beyond that, an assumed dump stat for 25g.

85 SpA
Maximimum allowed via speed, allows for usage of Boomburst without being overwhelming. Fully Special LO sets can pick up an OHKO on Toxapex, whilst uninvested nabs Tomohawk and Skarmory (As does Hyper Voice on the latter). Ofc BB isn't mandated by this spread - more standard moves like Thunder and Leaf Storm appreciate a decent base to work off of as well, as does our boosting options. My calcs do include Boomburst as a reference point, however. If in doubt, consider how Hyper Beam functions there.

104 Atk
Also the maximum allowed from our Speed stat. Provides an excellent base to use the ridiculously high BP moves we have access to in Return and the like, whilst not being as overwhelming as to be unbreakable from 115 Speed. Various useful calcs, unsurprisingly.

Toxapex
0 SpA Toxapex Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 38-45 (12.2 - 14.5%) -- possible 7HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Toxapex: 307-361 (101.3 - 119.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Toxapex: 304-359 (100.3 - 118.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Pick your poison on OHKOing the Toxapex. Boomburst is more reliable due to Burn chances.

Gastrodon
0 Atk Gastrodon Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 117-138 (37.8 - 44.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Seed Bomb vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Gastrodon: 795-936 (187 - 220.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gastrodon: 395-468 (92.9 - 110.1%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery (63.9 - 75.7% recovered)

This calc is useful to demonstrate a notable fact with 25g: The SpA is really kind of low when you're not using Boomburst, thus paving the way for a mixed spread. Still, 25g really does enjoy switching into Gastrodon, especially if we let it have set up.

Rotom-W
0 SpA Rotom-Wash Hydro Pump vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 91-108 (29.4 - 34.9%) -- 11.3% chance to 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Energy Ball vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 273-322 (90 - 106.2%) -- 43.8% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Wash: 253-298 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Seed Bomb vs. 248 HP / 204+ Def Rotom-Wash: 211-250 (69.6 - 82.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Bulky Washing Machine is Bulky. Also ridiculously rare to see, and not able to really dent 25g.

Tapu Fini
0 SpA Tapu Fini Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 144-171 (46.6 - 55.3%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 8 Def Tapu Fini: 393-463 (114.5 - 134.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Fini: 429-507 (125 - 147.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Bit tricky to switch into, but easily forced out, giving us time to work with.

Skarmory
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Skarmory: 460-541 (138.1 - 162.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Skarmory: 252-299 (75.6 - 89.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Being mixed really helps in the Skarmory matchup, though Skar is option-limited as is.

Tomohawk (Defensive)
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 135-159 (43.6 - 51.4%) -- 6.3% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Tomohawk Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 121-144 (39.1 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 413-486 (99.7 - 117.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Tomohawk: 494-585 (119.3 - 141.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 343-406 (82.8 - 98%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

As with Skar, it helps to be mixed in this matchup - though obviously this one comes with the caveat of needing to break through when Tomo isn't Roosting.

Kartana (Scarf)
252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 158-187 (51.1 - 60.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Kartana Leaf Blade vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 118-140 (38.1 - 45.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Kartana Smart Strike vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 93-109 (30 - 35.2%) -- 23.5% chance to 3HKO
+1 252 Atk Kartana Sacred Sword vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 237-279 (76.6 - 90.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

4 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 248-292 (95.3 - 112.3%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
4 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 160-187 (61.5 - 71.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 207-244 (79.6 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fighting vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Kartana: 309-364 (118.8 - 140%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Difficult matchup! Anything stronger than 0/0- can tank anything from Kartana once it's managed to +1, whilst we can comfortable come in against anything that isn't Sacred Sword, and push for KOs from there.

Naviathan
252 Atk Life Orb Naviathan Waterfall vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 95-113 (30.7 - 36.5%) -- 59.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Naviathan Iron Head vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 95-113 (30.7 - 36.5%) -- 59.2% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Naviathan Wild Charge vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 35-42 (11.3 - 13.5%) -- possible 8HKO
4 SpA Naviathan Hidden Power Ground vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 62-73 (20 - 23.6%) -- guaranteed 5HKO
4 SpA Naviathan Scald vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 61-72 (19.7 - 23.3%) -- possible 5HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Naviathan: 491-580 (119.7 - 141.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Naviathan: 343-406 (83.6 - 99%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Naviathan: 759-897 (185.1 - 218.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

DD is easy enough (Return and HV KO), whilst CM needs a Hyper Voice or BB to OHKO cleanly. No massive panic though, since Navi isn't doing massive amounts.

Clefable
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 144-171 (46.6 - 55.3%) -- 70.7% chance to 2HKO
0 SpA Clefable Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 130-154 (42 - 49.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 290-343 (73.6 - 87%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 195-230 (49.4 - 58.3%) -- 65.2% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 133-156 (33.7 - 39.5%) -- 18.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Ideally you'll have access to Taunt here, since Clefable is a weird matchup.

Fidgit
0 SpA Fidgit Earth Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 118-139 (38.1 - 44.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Fidgit: 144-172 (36.5 - 43.6%) -- 98.9% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Fidgit: 250-294 (63.4 - 74.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm over 2 turns vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Fidgit: 375-442 (95.1 - 112.1%) -- 31.3% chance to 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
Leaf Storm on the calc is weird

A weird matchup where nothing really happens until our higher Speed and healing lets 25g pull through with Giga Drain.

Jirachi
0 Atk Jirachi U-turn vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 126-150 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Jirachi: 220-259 (54.5 - 64.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Jirachi: 222-263 (55 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 108+ SpD Jirachi: 142-168 (35.2 - 41.6%) -- 72% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Pivoting is forced, but not without Jirachi taking a heck of a chip.

Ferrothorn
0 Atk Ferrothorn Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 84-99 (27.1 - 32%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 Atk Ferrothorn Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 77-91 (24.9 - 29.4%) -- 100% chance to 4HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 177-208 (50.2 - 59%) -- 73.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 208+ SpD Ferrothorn: 90-105 (25.5 - 29.8%) -- 0% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 48 Def Ferrothorn: 84-100 (23.8 - 28.4%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery

If we use Ferro as a switch in, it's primarily because we want to use it to set something up, and not because we're actually particularly solid at tanking hits from it.
Mega Crucibelle
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 506-596 (163.7 - 192.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Crucibelle-Mega Head Smash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 316-373 (102.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Crucibelle-Mega: 142-169 (40.1 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle-Mega: 282-333 (79.6 - 94%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

M-Cruci can revenge kill, but she can't switch in (lest she be hit by a Return).

Crucibelle
252 Atk Crucibelle Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 422-500 (136.5 - 161.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Crucibelle: 199-234 (56.2 - 66.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Crucibelle: 316-372 (89.2 - 105%) -- 31.3% chance to OHKO

Look up, subtract reliable revenge killing.

Mega Diancie
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 267-315 (86.4 - 101.9%) -- 12.5% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Diancie-Mega Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 240-283 (77.6 - 91.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Rotom-Mow Seed Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Diancie-Mega: 299-354 (124 - 146.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Diancie-Mega: 218-260 (90.4 - 107.8%) -- 50% chance to OHKO

M-Diancie can't switch in, and even though we outpace switching in is equally risky for us to try if we're -SpD (and even -Def with any real chip).

Greninja
4 Atk Life Orb Protean Greninja Gunk Shot vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 406-478 (131.3 - 154.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Greninja: 351-416 (123.1 - 145.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It outspeeds us! Panic! In all seriousness, a loose breeze will KO Gren from us, thus we pressure it.

Stratagem
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Stratagem Ancient Power vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 239-282 (77.3 - 91.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Technician Stratagem Vacuum Wave vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 107-126 (34.6 - 40.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Giga Drain vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Stratagem: 320-377 (99.6 - 117.4%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

We can't switch in since we're outsped as all heck, but we do threaten the KO once we're in cleanly.

Tornadus-T
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 211-250 (68.2 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Tornadus-Therian Supersonic Skystrike (185 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 357-420 (115.5 - 135.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tornadus-Therian: 421-499 (140.8 - 166.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Tornadus-Therian: 374-445 (125 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Anything electric here will suffice, as long as we have a solution to Torn-T outspeeding us.

Tomohawk (Offensive)
252+ SpA Life Orb Tomohawk Hurricane vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 312-368 (100.9 - 119%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tomohawk: 382-452 (108.8 - 128.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tomohawk: 416-491 (118.5 - 139.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Physical and Special matter not here, as we can break past a Tomohawk we outspeed... if we can safely switch in first.

Heatran
4 SpA Heatran Magma Storm vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 360-426 (116.5 - 137.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 165-195 (42.7 - 50.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 211-250 (54.6 - 64.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Heatran can switch in, but it's risking being quite badly hit. Meanwhile we can't switch in in return. Broken record, I am beginning to feel like :P

Volkraken
252 SpA Volkraken Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 492-578 (159.2 - 187%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Volkraken: 346-408 (101.1 - 119.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Volkraken: 533-632 (155.8 - 184.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Grass Types that can OHKO Volkraken are my jam tbh.
Jumbao
252 SpA Life Orb Jumbao Flame Burst vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow in Sun: 382-452 (123.6 - 146.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Life Orb Jumbao Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 259-305 (83.8 - 98.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Jumbao: 129-152 (39.5 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Jumbao: 113-134 (34.6 - 41.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

So easily healed off against that it's laughable, whilst Jumbao threatens either a OHKO through Flame Burst, or a solid 2HKO through Moonblast.

Necturna
252+ Atk Necturna Never-Ending Nightmare (175 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 372-438 (120.3 - 141.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252+ Atk Necturna Phantom Force vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 192-226 (62.1 - 73.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252+ Atk Necturna Power Whip vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 127-150 (41.1 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Necturna: 110-131 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Necturna: 114-135 (42.2 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Necturna: 74-87 (27.4 - 32.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

Necty is able to OHKO us - but does have to use up it's Z-Crystal. Anti-setup can be handled from within movepool, whether that be ESpeed, Taunt, or even just the movepool to run Scarf.

Pajantom
252 Atk Choice Band Pajantom Outrage vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 375-442 (121.3 - 143%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Pajantom Spirit Shackle vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 168-198 (54.3 - 64%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Pajantom: 147-173 (47.4 - 55.8%) -- 22.3% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Pajantom: 122-144 (39.3 - 46.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Bulky sets KO with Spirit Shackle, Band sets OHKO.

Pyroak
0 SpA Pyroak Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 242-288 (78.3 - 93.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 144-172 (32.5 - 38.8%) -- 5.4% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 8 SpD Pyroak: 94-109 (21.2 - 24.6%) -- possible 6HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Pyroak: 77-91 (17.3 - 20.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

2HKO whilst barely managing a 3HKO a fraction of the time... against a mon with Synthesis.

Cyclohm
4 SpA Cyclohm Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 212-250 (68.6 - 80.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Cyclohm: 90-105 (21.4 - 25%) -- possible 5HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 35-42 (8.3 - 10%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Cyclohm just hard walls us. Period.

Magnezone
252 SpA Magnezone Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 194-230 (62.7 - 74.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 146-172 (51.7 - 60.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Magnezone: 99-117 (35.1 - 41.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
Possible damage amounts: (99, 100, 101, 101, 103, 105, 105, 107, 108, 109, 110, 112, 113, 113, 114, 117)
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 94-110 (33.3 - 39%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 140-166 (49.6 - 58.8%) -- 99.6% chance to 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Ground vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 281-333 (99.6 - 118%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO

Magnezone is lost as a Check, with Scarf Zone being outpaced by 25g. I think we can live with that, since Magnezone has better things to be doing.

Cawmodore
+6 252 Atk Cawmodore Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 323-381 (104.5 - 123.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+6 252 Atk Cawmodore Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Rotom-Mow: 129-153 (41.7 - 49.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Leaf Storm vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 65-77 (26.8 - 31.8%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Rotom-Mow Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Cawmodore: 161-192 (66.5 - 79.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Caw sets up on us unless we're really obscure, and then promptly sits on us with Drain Punch.

Kyurem-B
252 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Kyurem-Black Ice Beam vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 533-632 (172.4 - 204.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-Black: 162-191 (41.4 - 48.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Kyurem-Black: 110-131 (28.1 - 33.5%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO

We ain't beating Kyu-B. Like, no point even trying, it straight up mauls us.

Mega Latias
+2 0 SpA Latias-Mega Stored Power (100 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 424-499 (137.2 - 161.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Latias-Mega: 94-112 (25.8 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Latias-Mega: 94-110 (25.8 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO

"Latias used Recover! Latias used Calm Mind! Repeat Ad Nauseum (then use Stored Power)!"

Mega Latios
252 SpA Latios-Mega Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 364-430 (117.7 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 SpA Latios-Mega Psychic vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Rotom-Mow: 253-298 (81.8 - 96.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Latios-Mega: 127-151 (42.1 - 50.1%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Latios-Mega: 110-131 (36.5 - 43.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

As with Latias, but with more OHKOs instantly.

Tangrowth
0 SpA Tangrowth Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 124-148 (40.1 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 252 HP / 228+ SpD Assault Vest Tangrowth: 99-117 (24.5 - 28.9%) -- 99.8% chance to 4HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 252 HP / 28 Def Tangrowth: 90-105 (22.2 - 25.9%) -- 6.3% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 213-251 (52.8 - 62.2%) -- 98.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 48 SpD Tangrowth: 136-161 (33.7 - 39.9%) -- 32.3% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 212+ Def Tangrowth: 70-83 (17.3 - 20.5%) -- possible 7HKO after Leftovers recovery

Tangrowth doesn't do great on it's PhysDef set vs mixed (which... makes sense), and AV is just a wall that literally outheals with Regen.

Amoonguss
0 SpA Amoonguss Hidden Power Fire vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-Mow: 102-120 (33 - 38.8%) -- 99.2% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Amoonguss: 140-165 (32.4 - 38.2%) -- 3% chance to 3HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 248 HP / 216+ SpD Amoonguss: 116-136 (26.9 - 31.5%) -- 29.7% chance to 4HKO after Black Sludge recovery

3HKOs us, whilst we don't 3HKO back. Bit of a sluggish matchup overall though.

Mega Charizard X
252 Atk Tough Claws Charizard-Mega-X Flare Blitz vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Rotom-Mow: 714-840 (231 - 271.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Boomburst vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 152-179 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Hyper Voice vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Charizard-Mega-X: 97-116 (32.6 - 39%) -- 99.5% chance to 3HKO
252 Atk Life Orb Galvanize Rotom-Mow Return vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Charizard-Mega-X: 101-120 (34 - 40.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

In the words of many a wise men: Owwww....

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A few comments on how the spreads here are shaping up. In general it would seem that the spreads in this thread vary the most with regard to their Physical Tankiness and Special Sweepiness.

With regard to the defensive side of things, the limit for physical defense was set significantly higher than that for special defense, largely due to the concern for being able to switch into Kartana, among other things. For those of you who have lower physical bulk, I would like to see some reasoning as to why you think your bulk is enough, or why you think more is unneeded. With our limitations being what they are, it could potentially boil down to simply having it be a lower priority than other things, but I'd just like to see some detail on this aspect of our Pokemon.

Offensively, the variance on the special side of things is very significant, and honestly somewhat expected. I know some people were pushing for a mixed attacker, while others were more interested in being purely physical. For those people that do have a more potent special offense, I definitely want to see reasoning as far as what that helps us accomplish. Dogfish44, whose spread pushes this limit more than any other, has done a good job on this, and I would be interested in seeing similar justification from anyone else with mixed offensive potential.

While there has not been nearly as much variance with regard to physical sweepinesss, we do have a lot of different speed stats that put as at a number of different important speed tiers. I see that most people have mentioned in their submissions which Pokemon they outspeed, but a number of you have not really tried to make much of an argument regarding why that is desirable, how it effects those specific matchups, or what it means for its overall place in the metagame. There are many different ways to go about this, but it is absolutely something I will be looking for when making a slate.

---

Finally, I just want to make a general statment about reasoning and calculations. As reachzero said above, it is important that you are showing how your Pokemon fits into the metagame. A submission should be taking a stance on how we should try and fit in, and then should demonstrate how the specific stats help make this the case.

Calcs exist as the evidence to back up your arguments. You absolutely should be showing calculations, and (without getting to ridiculous) more is usually better than less. But that being said, they are ultimately just evidence, not an argument in and of themselves. So, when it comes to making a slate I will be looking for submissions that take a strong position on what our Pokemon should be doing, AND show calcs to illustrate how we will achieve that goal, not simply one or the other.

Keep these above things in mind while finishing up your submissions. You will have 48 more hours or so before this thread is closed and the slate is made. So get to it. And be sure to mark your post as a final submission when you are done.

jas61292

used substitute
With the limitations that have been put on the stats stage of this project, my biggest concern, when making a slate, was that submissions really presented a picture of how our Pokemon is going to fit into the metagame, and interact with the Pokemon on our threats list. Beyond that, I am interested in making a slate of options that is diverse, to better allow the community a choice in the direction we want this Pokemon to go. So, with that in mind, here is the slate for CAP 25g:

Roland le preaux (92/100/90/73/73/102) - This spread is heavily designed with our ability in mind, taking into account the great power and utility we may have by limiting our innate strength. It focuses more on being fairly bulky wile at the same time sitting at a speed tier above many wallbreakers and slower offensive mons, while forcing us to utilize our movepool if we want to be able to beat out fast mons.

Deck Knight (84/106/82/77/80/106) - Perhaps the most average of the lot, this spread is designed to be a bulky offensive mon, and does so by being fast, but not the fastest, strong, but not the strongest, and somewhat bulky, but certainly not pushing the physical tankiness limits like some of the others.

gibygiby (97/116/87/64/72/99) - The strongest of the spreads, these stats show a clear intent to be a wall breaker utilizing the high power our ability can provide. It chose a slightly slower speed than the rest of the slate in exchange for the highest overall bulk and power.

Dogfish44 (84/104/76/85/71/115) - The most clearly offensively oriented spread of the bunch, these stats eschew having significant bulk in order to be fast, while still packing as much punch on both sides. It has a clear goal of what it wants to be able to pressure with stats alone, and does a good job in showing the capability to utilize Galvanize in a number of ways, depending on how we want to use it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)