CAP 27 Prevo - Part 9 - Shiny Palette Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's get shinies done! For inspiration, here is Astrolotl's sprite and shiny palette.

You have 72 hours to make your shiny palette submissions!

----

Main design:

-----

Shiny Palette Rules
  • Shiny palettes must be submitted as palette swaps of the winning sprite entry. No other modifications to the image may be made.
  • Colors in a shiny palette must have the same relative hue and brightness compared to the corresponding color on the original sprite.
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark red
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> white
        • Dark blue -> gray
      • Acceptable:
        • Light blue -> gray
        • Dark blue -> black
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> dark green
        • Dark blue -> light green
      • Unacceptable:
        • Light blue -> light red
        • Dark blue -> dark green
      [*][*][*][*][*][*]
  • Images must be in PNG format.
No more than three WIP shiny palettes can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread.

Final Submission Post

All artists must make a final submission post conforming to the shiny palette rules (listed above) and the following:
  • The post must have "Final Submission" (in bold) as the first line, with the sprites at the top, and any additional description or comments (if applicable) below them.
  • The final submission image must be hosted on a reliable image hosting service (such as Imgur). Do not use the forum's 'Drop/upload image' feature. Do not use the 'Attach a photo' tool on messaging apps (e.g. Discord). Do not use Iaza or Ezimba.
  • Only make one (1) final submission post.
Sprite:

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
WIP (1/3)

Going for round deux with my original Astrolotl shiny color scheme! I think it fits the prevo quite nicely.

WIP (2/3)

Basically a shiny closer to Astrolotl's current shiny, but I decided to change the blue on the body to yellow to help it stand out a bit more.

Last edited:
WIP (1/3)

This shiny coloration has yellow to represent the moon, since that is the opposite of the sun. The purple and pink are supposed to be celestial colors.
Please let me know what you think

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
WIP (1/3)

1595061133210.png

I've gone for a rather unconventional idea here! This shiny coloration is based on the idea of a 'white dwarf' star or sun, which I think is an interesting way of accentuating Solotl's day-time colours, in comparison to Astrolotl's shiny leaning more into night-time.

WIP (2/3)

1595060278146.png

Another white dwarf inspired colour scheme, but leaning more into the blue and purple palettes of Astrolotl's shiny, since a lot of white dwarfs are represented as having blue overtones.

WIP (3/3)

1595061062424.png

Basically an inverted version of WIP 2, this one maintains the blue parts of the body to be more in-line with Astrolotl's shiny, where the purple replaces a warmer colour.

Last edited:
WIP

For this proposed shiny I did what Astrolotl's shiny does and changed only the frill and feeler colors; I went with a purple like Skorupi and a light blue-green for contrast, though I might try something more sun-related later on. For now though I quite like how this one turned out! ^^

WIP (2/3)

For this one, I also tried to copy the astrolotl shiny. The purple is most of astro's body, the blue is from the fire... axolotl ear things, and the yellow is from the tail tip.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Final Submission

Ended up submitting this one to stand out a bit more from some of the other submitted options.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Its an astro shiny inspired one. What a surprise.

Not done with Slapperfish's WIP in mind. I asked him about it.

Last edited:

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Final Submission

I ultimately decided to go with the "patriotic" color scheme to differentiate it from all the other final subs. Best of luck, all!

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

These are the changes Astrolotl's shiny makes:
  • red -> purple
  • cyan on glowing parts -> yellow
  • cyan on eyes -> dark blue
  • yellow on claws -> cyan
So I did something analogous where I only changed parts of the sprite:
  • orange -> purple
  • yellow on glowing parts -> cyan
  • cyan on eyes -> dark blue
  • (design has no claws, so nothing needs to change)

Last edited:
Final Submission

Changelog compared to the previous attempt:
  • Adjusted the purple so it's more vibrant, referencing Skorupi
  • Made the shaded areas on the frills darker for greater visibility
  • Changed the blue on the body, eyes, and tongue into red for greater contrast
Good luck to all the entrants!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)