CAP 28 Playtest Tournament - Round 4 (Crown Tundra additions now legal)

Hosted by Mx and Birkal. Art by Shadowshocker.

Ever been interested in CAP? Here's a great way to learn more about it! Come to compete and watch battles featuring our custom creations. The CAP metagame consists of OU-legal Pokemon plus all CAP Pokemon. Find our forum here to join the creation process. Join our Pokemon Showdown room here to discuss the metagame and teambuilding with our community.

With CAP 28 already on its final competitive stages, it's time to start thinking about testing our latest creation. This tournament is designed to let everyone interested have a chance at playing with our newest CAP and to provide us with valuable information about how it works out in a competitive environment. The winner of this tournament will earn a commemorative forum banner!
Tournament Rules:
  • All general tournament rules apply.
  • The first 3 rounds of the tournament are on Swiss format with 2 games won required in order to advance. From Round 4 onwards this will change to a single elimination format.
  • The upcoming Crown Tundra additions won't be allowed until Round 4. (CAP usually follows the OU banlist but it has been decided that for the first 2 weeks after the Crown Tundra drops, the playtest will continue using the pre-DLC. This will give time for the metagame to properly stabilize after all the while also giving us some more time to test CAP 28 on its intended metagame.)
  • All matches are best of three.
  • Matches can be played on Smogtours or the main server.
  • All replays are mandatory.
In case you're new, please check this Tournament Scheduling Guide. This should instruct you on how to contact your opponent.
hey pals this stuff is just the cliffnotes, for the full list of rules for Smogon Tournaments check here

Identity

About playing on alts: It is entirely allowed to play on an alt other than your own main forum name, though if your opponent wishes to confirm your identity, you must log on to your main alt to show them you are who you claim to be. This is to prevent people from pretending to be who they're not.

About playing on different servers: Tournament matches must be played on the Smogtours server. The Main PS! server is also acceptable if both parties agree to that. Other servers are not sanctioned by the TD team and playing in them might result in your game not counting. Protect yourself from that by playing in Smogtours, where we also have the power to recreate games that end due to DC's.

Scouting

On scouting opponents: Going through your opponents replays of tournament and ladder games is entirely allowed, as long as a game is public there is nothing preventing you from watching it. An exception to this is abusing powers granted to you by being staff on Smogon or PS! to gain access to information a normal user wouldn't have access to, which is strictly forbidden.

On leaking teams: Divulging private information about someone's planned team to their opponent is never allowed, and will be heavily sanctioned. Requesting that such information be divulged is also grounds for punishment. Keep your scouting to publicly available information and you'll be fine.

Timer Clause / Disconnections

On the Timer: The timer must stay on throughout the whole battle..

On Timeout losses: A player that loses by having all his time run out loses the game. This is only not the case if the player that received the timeout loss can be verified to have suffered a True Disconnection. Rematches are only allowed if there was a True Disconnection.

On True Disconnection: The TD team has a secret threshold of seconds that your timer must be at or above, from the moment you disconnect, for a timeout loss to be considered a True disconnection. If your game is determined to be a true disconnection if you played on Smogtours and contacted a TD before the room expired your game will be recreated up to the point the disconnect happened. It is the responsibility of the player that disconnected to get a TD into the room before it expires.

SunMYSER  vs  dawnfallstar
-Voltage-  vs  SputnikGT
G-Luke  vs  Menace17
Roxiee  vs  Binacleisthebest
Riku Sakuraba  vs  Emblaze Uchiha
Maxouille  vs  Monsareeasy
85percent
 vs  Yami
quziel  vs  Darek851
temp
 vs  Amamama
K3ppr  vs  FireBlastingNinetales
Boat  vs  velvet
Ho3nConfirm3d  vs  againa
Galarian Sith  vs  Quantum Tesseract
The Number Man
 vs  GardeLame
reachzero  vs  ChoiceScarfed
Sevelon  vs  Archiiiie17
JinLong88  vs  Pitmore
D2TheW
 vs  Jewvia
Tadasuke  vs  Atha
Marjanevs  Riverain
Blui  vs  Pilaku259
EpicUmbreon29  vs  Reviloja753
Bassai Dai  vs  klefapool
cooliousus  vs  eblurb
Zephyr2007  vs  Lasen
L lawliet  vs  Spyro
WayvDash  vs  ThelordofbadRNG
SHSP
 vs  jas61292
heartofgoldvs  Gleeboop
rianhart  vs  Orig Stall Guy
MY RESOLVE GX
 vs  BitBitio
Airwind  vs  Noiptile

Reminder to everyone that the Crown Tundra additions are now legal.

SS CAP Metagame Resources:
CAP Sample Teams | CAP Metagame Discussion

Deadline for Round 4 is November 15th, 11:59pm GMT -4.

Last edited:

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
Another round of predictions from your pal Zeph! These are some of the heatest MUs yet, so i'm calling that i'll get atleast half wrong

SunMYSER  vs  dawnfallstar

-Voltage-  vs  SputnikGT (70:30): Very, very heat. Both are very good players, but Volt is more involved in CAP and even has a VR spot so I'm going to give this to him, could see an upset though

G-Luke  vs  Menace17

Roxiee  vs  Binacleisthebest (55:45): I don't know too much about either player but I do know that both are very good (i have lost to both), giving this to Roxiee because of their performance so far in this tourney.

Riku Sakuraba  vs  Emblaze Uchiha
Maxouille  vs  Monsareeasy

85percent  vs  Yami: We're getting so many heat MUs lol. I think this is a similar situation to Roxiee vs Binacle, but I feel like both players are very evenly matched, so I don't feel confident enough to predict

quziel  vs  Darek851(80:20) : Darek's the top ladder player for this month but you're going to have a tough time convincing me not to bold quziel over anyone. Still think there could be an upset, but very heat match overall.

temp  vs  Amamama
K3ppr  vs  FireBlastingNinetales
Boat  vs  velvet

Ho3nConfirm3d  vs  againa (30:70): Another heat MU but againa's been performing well recently so imma bold them.

Galarian Sith  vs  Quantum Tesseract
The Number Man  vs  GardeLame
reachzero
 vs  ChoiceScarfed
Sevelon  vs  Archiiiie17
JinLong88  vs  Pitmore

D2TheW
 vs  Jewvia (80:20): D2TheW's performance has been amazing as of late and he's easily one of the best up-and-coming players, but I haven't seen much of Jewvia. D2 has a bit of a tendency to put out "cheesy" builds so that could work against him, but rn i feel confident in my prediction.

Tadasuke  vs  Atha (40:60): I need to see this match, Tada and Atha are both amazing players in their own right and I really think this is the heatest match of the tourney (so far). Bolding Atha because he's basically the best CAP player besides maybe quz, snake, or againa imo, but def def could see an upset

Marjane  vs  Riverain
Blui  vs  Pilaku259

EpicUmbreon29  vs  Reviloja753: This is heat but I don't know enough about either player's competitive prowess to make an educated predict.
Bassai Dai  vs  klefapool
cooliousus  vs  eblurb
L lawliet  vs  Spyro

WayvDash  vs  ThelordofbadRNG (30:70): ThelordofbadRNG has done very well in the tournament so far, and the only matches I've seen of WayvDash were the ones where he used PP stall, which is very cheesy to say the least.

SHSP  vs  jas61292 (60:40): SHSP's done quite well after his return to CAP so i'm bolding him, but there's a good chance for an upset to happen

heartofgold  vs  Gleeboop: Very heat, both players are about the same skill and experience level so i don't feel like i can make an educated predict

rianhart  vs  Orig Stall Guy
MY RESOLVE GX  vs  BitBitio
Airwind  vs  Noiptile

Aand that's it! Heatest MUs so far imo, can't wait to see the games. If this is badly written that's because school just finished and im tired.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)