CAP CAP 29 Playtest Tournament - Finals (Won by The Number Man)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tadasuke

Tuh-dah-skay
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
CAP 29 Playtest Tournament
1622436108730.png
Hey pals, we're finally at the finals. Whoever comes out on top here will walk away with the CAP 29 Playtest Winner banner and the option to have their username's color changed on Pokemon Showdown. Best of luck to both players, I look forward to seeing the match!

Matchup:

Nalorium vs The Number Man

Rules:
  • This is a standard [Gen 8] CAP tournament.
  • The format is best of three, single elimination.
  • Changing teams in between matches is allowed.
  • You are required to post your replays.
  • All Smogon tournament rules apply.
  • Any change in tiering will not take effect until the following round.
  • Matches must be played on Pokemon Showdown or Smogtours.
  • Please use this guide while scheduling with your opponent.
1st: 13 points
2nd: 10 points
3rd-4th: 8 points
5th-8th: 6 points
9th-16th: 4 points
17th-32nd: 2 points
33rd-64th: 1 points
:jumbao:CAP Summer Seasonals
Double Elimination Tournament- June

:tomohawk:CAP Swiss Tournament
Swiss Style Tournament - August
CAP 30 Playtest

Single Elimination Tournament - October

:equilibra:CAP 2021 Championship
Single Elimination Tournament with the top 12 players of the circuit - December

Please complete your match by Sunday, June 6th at 11:59pm GMT-5.

SS CAP Metagame Resources:
Intro to SS CAP | Viability Rankings | Sample Teams | Good Cores | Role Compendium | Sets

Last edited:
won vs nalo in 3 ggs

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1354270989-hbacapbpg46z6ixr66by9vfzw35z3w3pw 1
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1354279479 2
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8cap-1354289661 3

this was a rollecoaster of a series for me. I went into game 1 just wanting to get this over with and not very motivated to play, rolled a basically impossible matchup which didn't help my mental state at all. I somehow got it together for game 2, only to get an amazing matchup with the sub DD gyara which helped me get to g3. As for g3, my matchup felt pretty good, but the game ended up being fairly close regardless and I was on the edge of my seat (figuatively speaking) for pretty much the whole game. Grats to Nalo for making it to finals and thank you for lifting my spirits with this series, I enjoyed playing it a lot.

I believe some shoutouts are in order. Dj Breloominati♬ Atha Lasen i used all your guys teams throughout the tour, but you guys have supported me in other ways as well. Thanks alot for everything. Special shoutout to spitfire for building all the teams i used this round, you're an absolute genius. Gyara and celesteal your gf both did massive work. Id also like to thank quziel for the "anti-offense" team i used a few times as well as the teams you passed me this week even tho i didnt end up using them.

Sadly I didn't get to use much Chrom cause I couldn't get it to work, but i still firmly believe it to be broken. Taunt sets are just insane, since remove poison typing into toxic is not a valid method of counterplay vs them. Scald CM (boosts both defensive stats) on a mon that is not weak to Rillaboom is also insanely strong. I think this mon needs a nerf, but admittedly i didn't use it that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)