CAP 14 CAP 3 - Miscellaneous Flavor (Height, Weight, Pokedex Entry)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I fixed it up a bit.

Mollux, the Acid Snail Pokemon.

Black Entry: It lives in colonies in murky lakes. Because of its tendency to leak poison, very few other Pokemon can tolerate its habitat.

White Entry: Unlike most Fire Pokemon, it lives in shallow water. Its long, slippery mouth makes fishing for it an almost impossible task.

Okay, here is my attempt. Not much to say, but I would like advice, as this is my first one.

Edit: Appearantly, people really like my oil spill idea. Guess I'll make this my
FINAL SUBMISSION

Mollux, the Molten Illumination pokemon

Black: Mollux's primary defense against predators is its shell. If broken, the damage caused to the enviroment can rival that of an oil spill.

White: Mollux uses its lamp to search underwater caverns for prey, and is adept at using poison based strikes to kill its victim.

Final submission

Ok, is time for the Dex entries!
First to all I want to warn you that there might be some grammar errors. If you find any error let me know as soon as possible.
With that said, let's go!

FINAL SUBMISSION

Mollux, the Lamp Snail Pokémon

Black: "The damper the weather is, the more lively and energetic this Pokémon becomes. Sailors observe its odd behavior to predict approaching storms."

White: "Its shell contains liquid phosphorus. This Pokémon uses it to blind enemies with bursts of light or to attack them with powerful explosions."

Extra entry: "The toxins contained in its shell must be kept hot and fluid to be fully effective. To diluite and heat them, it uses water."
(Previous entry: "The toxins contained in its shell must be kept hot and fluid to be fully effective. That's why it lives near aquatic volcanoes.")

Mantle is an interesting pun, but I think is better to have a more descriptive, simple and easily translatable name. I, for example, wouldn't have any idea how to translate mantle in Spanish or Italian, my primary languages. Lamp Snail is much easier (Caralampara (Caracol=Snail, Lampara=Lamp) or Lumampada (Lumaca=Snail, Lampada=Lamp). I think is the same thing with other languages). Besides, I find Mantle more fitting to a Pokémon like Magcargo (rock+shell=mantle, IMO). But you are all free to choose your description.

I created these entries drawing my inspiration from Dry Skin and Illuminate.

First entry: I used the relationship between rain and Dry Skin. This Pokémon is going to be happy and healthier under rain (that's why it regains energy).

Second entry: MAJOR EDITING (since it was quite chaotic I decided to rewrite it to make my reasoning clearer)

Someone may wonder why I chose phosphorus as an element to put inside Mollux's shell (and not things like lava, toxins et similia), so here is my logic:
1. it glows when it makes contact with oxygen (Illuminate / Flash)
2. it's highly explosive (Lava Plume / Eruption / Explosion) and usually employed to produce bombs and matches
3. it's corrosive and acidic (Acid / Acid Spray)
4: it's toxic (Poison typing / Toxic) and in excessive quantities lethal (50 mg kill a human and is very dangerous for the environment), especially when ihnaled or ingested (if you breath it in the form of smoke or drink it you might die! Careful!)
5. conducts electricity (Thunder Wave / Thunderbolt / Thunder)
6. comes in these variants: white, yellow, red, violet and black (the yellow and the red ones fit perfectly with both forms of Mollux, shiny and non). The red phosphorus is less poisonous than the white and yellow ones (explaining the rarity of the shiny version), although still explosive.
7. it's partially soluble in water (hence explaining the floating bubbles. The melted part can be used to poison its preys)
8. it's quite dense (but the other liquid can be an organic fluid even denser than phosphorus, helping the Pokémon anchor to the seafloor)
9. can be combined with organic elements (for various chemical reactions, it can be related with the previous entry) and is quite common in cells and living organisms
10. if excessively heated it crystalizes and become less poisonous (hence explaining its hatred of sunlight and an half weakness to Fire attacks)
11. must be handled underwater (explaining Mollux's preference of water)
12. in aliments, it's mainly found in fish (so Mollux can obtain it easily by eating fish or fish-like Pokémon)
13. fun fact, it is also employed to make fertilizers. Can you imagine? A Mollux's remnants can help algaes growth... so poetic!

In more simple words, phosphorus combine all these elements in one single word:
Illuminate, Dry Skin, Fire typing, Poison typing, ability to use electric attacks (and this is one of Mollux's main selling points in counterattacking Water Pokémon). Sounds fitting, no?

The extra entry is only for fun. I fixed it by GRs_Cousin's advice (thanks for the tip!). Now Mollux can use water as a combustible (what they teach to you, kids? Never use water on a fire, because the oxygen burns and the hydrogen helps combustion). It can be another use of its ability Dry Skin.

Any comment and suggestion of how to shorten my entries will be appreciated.

My First Submission on a CAP Project...

FINAL SUBMISSION
The Glowing Snail Pokemon
Height: 1.1m/3'7''
Weight: 46.3kg/7st 4lbs
Gender Ratio: 60% Male / 40% Female

Black: It uses its glowing shell to find its prey in dark caverns before it poisons and cooks them with the lava in its lamp.

White:It soaks up water with its skin and turns it into a deadly poison, which is contained in its shell. It uses this to digest its prey.

Not-Yet-The-Final Submission
The Mantle Pokemon
Height: 1.2m / 3' 11.2"
Weight: 41 kg (90.2) lbs [GK/LK: 60 BP]

Black: Its innards glow with a vibrant light. The color of its light is determined by its current mood.
White: The luminescence of its shell is stronger when it is cooled down. Its shine can be seen from the bottom of the ocean floor.

Justification
I took a look at my entries again after Eagle4 had criticism to make of my submission, and he was right. I didn't really give Mollux the oomph it deserved. Instead of focusing on its quirkiness, I decided that I should put effort into its other defining trait, the light it creates.

Its black entry is staying the same, because frankly I don't see how you can improve on that idea without being too wordy. The white entry helps to showcase both why it has Dry Skin and its relationship with Water-types, being that it's an aquatic snail with a body that functions better when not overheating. To boot, I really like the idea of just sailing the ocean and occasionally just seeing colorful lights coming from deep below.

Also, Mantle Pokemon, as supported above. I love the idea of a world-wide punomenon with the double meaning of mantle. I can only hope it'll be named that.

I improved on my dex entries, so I'll assume silence means this is the best I can do for my entry (or that everyone else is too busy creating theirs to notice mine). I think I'll place this as a final submission closer to the 24-hour mark.

Mollux, The Heat Cone Pokemon

White: The heat in it's shell is so intensely hot that being submerged in water does not cool it down.

Black: As a last resort defense maneuver it sprays all the toxins from it's shell, poisoning everything it comes in contact with. However, this leaves it lethargic and overall defenseless.

The White entry is a nod to how water moves don't affect it with Dry Skin. The Black entry I feel to be a little long, and some feedback would be appreciated before I do a final entry.

Nyktos

Custom Loser Title
Nyktos: The term "super-hot" is pretty childish. All you have to do is change the word to something better, and you've got a fantastic entry!
I don't think it's that bad, but I wanted to change the beginning of one of them anyway because the structure was so similar ("its shell is filled with..." vs "its...shell contains...") so I did that and took out "super-hot" while I was at it.

WIP/Feedback?

Mollux: The Glowing Pokémon

WHITE: Researchers hypothesize that it shares a common ancestor with MAGCARGO. Debate still swirls around when each Pokémon’s unique shell developed.

BLACK: The trail of slime it leaves behind glows several different colors, making it very desirable. Ancient peoples used it to decorate shrines and create primitive paintings.

--------------------

My favorites so far:
Level51: I like the Black entry, but the White one might be a little wordy.
Eagle4: I like how you incorporated Shuckle. I also saw them as being related in some way.

nyttyn

From Now On, We'll...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Mollux, the Lava Lamp Pokemon
Black: In the olden times, people would crowd around Mollux for warmth and light.
White: Mollux's hypnotic shell has been said to have healing properties.

If possible, can we make it have no dream world ability so that people can use it in the sun with egg moves?

The Lamp Snail pokemon

Black: The poisonous liquid within its shell is very resistant to heat. It insulates the rest of its body from the bubbles of lava in the mixture.
White: It crawls along the seafloor, using the soft light of its shell to guide schools of aquatic pokemon away from dangerous waters.

Thoughts?

Bull of Heaven

The Lamp pokemon:

Black: It glows brightly when it is hungry. It lures prey with the light, then strikes quickly with acid.
White: Fire courses through its body. Because its shell traps heat, it lives underwater to stay cool.

The wording might still need some work, but the point is to split both the types and the abilities between the two entries. I haven't read all the other submissions yet, so I hope these aren't too similar to anything.

Edit: Alternative White entry: Because its shell traps heat, it avoids the sun. Strange lights at night are often Mollux leaving the water.

Ugh, this thread has had too much of a headstart. I might comment on other entries when I have the time. Right now I don't.

NOTE: OUTDATED DRAFT

Species: Lava Lamp Pokémon

Black: It illuminates its shell to attract prey. It stings its victims with a powerful poison, then swallows them whole.

White: The liquid inside Mollux's shell is mixed to create a powerful poison. It also provides sustenance for Mollux.

I'm aiming to be relatively simple with this one. I think White's kind of awkwardly worded, though.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
I think I'll go with the first two entries. Thanks for the feedback, everyone! (Really?)

Mollux, the Lamp Shell Pokémon

Black: The bioluminescent lamp on its back is remarkably light, allowing this Pokémon to move quickly in and out of water.
White: It takes less than a second for Mollux to sting its prey with its venomous tongue and swallow them whole.

Decided to make Black's entry the light one and White's the dark one. :P

Comments:
  • Pwnemon: I like the concept behind the entries, though they do contradict each other in terms of what the lamp's brightness is caused by. Are elements referred to at all in Pokemon? Or would you figure it's allowed for such descriptions?
  • Birkal: Okaaay; well, I find similarities to Ampharos disconcerting. I think we have a few sea light sources already. The light-blinding thing, though, I do approve of, even if it's because I'm reminded of the behavior of another fakemon that I had made which had done similarly. :P
  • Nyktos: 'Toxic venom' is redundant. Toxin or venom should suffice. Otherwise, fine.
  • GRs Cousin: Mood lava lamp snail, what will they think of next? I liked the previous White entry better. D: It's less generic like Lanturn and more evocative of Mollux's behavior.
  • Drifblim: Daw, Black's entry is Ampharos. x.x I would think something else can be used to differentiate. I think 'goo' is a bit too much of a slang word for a pokedex entry, though I don't have any proof to qualify that statement. What could be fatal? in that last part of the White entry. A nonce 'it' doesn't go well with me.
  • kevlarscale: It's 'Due' rather than 'Do' in the White entry. I think 'undergo' isn't the right word of choice there, as it's not a process to encase the liquid inside. A comma would be nice between 'poison is' and 'the more potent' in the Black entry.
  • The Reptile: The White entry seems, oddly enough, acceptably redundant. :P Although maybe you should only use one Celsius degree measurement between the two entries. Less overlap or contradictions, then.
  • DetroitLolcat: Black's entry is okay, but it has a 'so?' quality to it. What about the lava and toxins in relationship to the creature itself? I do like the White entry much better, though, so that's a keeper.
  • Asylum_Rhapsody: Ah, fleebles, 'Mantle' was used in the name entries. :| Same with 'Caldera', though it's a bit to technical for a species name. Otherwise, very fitting entries. Good length, good information/differentiation, and good tone. (No allcaps in 5th gen, 'kay? That would be a mistake in the first post.) Other than that, the 'other' entry has an odd sentence structure; most likely due to the lack of a comma before the 'and'.
  • TheStarRapper: Both entries are on the long side. I'd say for you to trim it, as these are 5th-gen. entries. :)
  • srk1214: Cute White entry, but it's unfitting as for the behavior, habitat, or mythology behind the pokemon. I think the comma before the 'when possible' is unnecessary. The Black entry works well for its appearance and (created) behavior.
  • Eagle4: I dunno; do Shuckle or Mollux battle at all if they just dwell in their shells? :P I'm unsure about the 'common knowledge' part; the pokedex entries are records of otherwise unknown or unique understandings of such pokemon, right? One mile is quite large, otherwise, but, hey, entries do exaggerate.
  • Jirachi6: First sentence of White should be, well, an actual sentence. Also for White, the entry implies that people can fish for Mollux. I don't think people fish for snails as they would fish, right? The Black entry is totally fine and representative of its unique habitat, so that's a good one.
  • SubwayJ: Whoo, just maxing out the species name, eh? Well. Mos does have an anatomy chart of a Mollux, so you can ignore that for the White entry. I would like some difference between the entries as so they don't both talk about the shell, but, ah, I think there's precedent for that.
  • bugmaniacbob: Heeeey, your entries! :D I do like your pseudo-serious/different suggestions from the other CAP parts and such. But I've digressed: Black's is very nice and representative of its possible behavior--and cute, sorta, at the same time. I'm unsure of the White entry, though, as while dry/hot and moist/cold are common connections, it's not entirely out of the question; liquids of certain metals can be both hot and 'moist'.
  • Sound: I would say, 'if it's shell is broken', if only for clarification. Though I don't think you should use 'oil spill' in an entry. Less real-life man-made disasters? 'Poison-based' should have a dash in-between, and remind me if 'kill' is used at all in a pokedex entry. The first part of both Black and White entries are fine, though the latter need adjusting, in my opinion.
  • Darklatias92: Black's entry is so fun and so fitting! :D I can imagine this pokemon jumping in the rain or something. White's is also imaginatively fitting, though differently entirely. The extra entry is a lot more expected.
  • R7Rules: No, you don't decide on height/weight/gender. Deck Knight does. Black's entry sounds a bit long without commas, but it is correct and acceptable. Rather than 'contained', how about 'stored' in the second entry? It sounds better as for, well, where the venom is stored. It uses what to digest its prey? It should be venom, but the previous sentence does not entirely imply that.
  • fryfrey: Well, White's entry seems a bit obvious if one takes into account immense underwater thermal temperatures. Maybe point out that there's no transfer of heat, if it doesn't become too science-y? Last resort would have a dash if used as an adjective, I would think. A comma is needed after 'maneuver'. There is no apostrophe for 'its' when it's possessive. I don't think that 'overall' is needed. If you don't state otherwise, it's implied that directly.
  • Midnight Show: 'Swirl' is a bit literary a verb to use in what's otherwise an article. But it's interesting and not completely out of the realm of possibility. I like the White entry (though allcaps Magcargo isn't needed in gen. V), and Black is just interesting, and in a way you may not realize.
  • nyttyn: Black's is odd, and White's is implicatively fitting. Both are good! Dream World pokemon can have egg moves, as long as the female is released.
  • Meganium Sulfate: Resistant to heat? Well, I understand what you're saying, but I figure you mean it's heated, and it resists a decrease in temperature? White's entry is generically fitting.
  • Bull of Heaven: Black entry's comma-splice-like 'then' gives it a pokemon-like order to it, as well has having that pokemon-like style of writing. White's sentences and slight lack of connection between the sentences is also pokemon-like. Overall, strong entries.
  • capefeather: Same with the comma-splice-like 'then' as Bull of Heaven's entry. White's is generically good.

Black: It was once thought that its poisons were stored in its lamp. Investigation has disproved this theory.

White: Its toxins serve a dual purpose: they can be combined with the fluid in its lamp to produce flame that burns even underwater.

Feedback is much appreciated.

I fixed again. Thoughts? Comments?

Mollux, the Acid Snail Pokemon.

Black Entry: It lives in colonies in murky lakes. Because of its tendency to leak poison, very few other Pokemon can tolerate its habitat.

White Entry: Unlike most Fire Pokemon, it lives in shallow water. It can squirt acid to protect its colony from attack.

Final submission:

Mollux: The Glowing Pokémon

WHITE: Researchers theorize that it shares a common ancestor with Magcargo. When each Pokémon’s unique shell developed is still the subject of debate.

BLACK: The trail of slime it leaves behind glows several different colors. Ancient peoples used it to decorate shrines and create primitive paintings.

Final Submission

Mollux, the Heat Cone Pokemon

White: The heat in it's shell burns so ferociously to the point that water does not cool it down.

Black: As a last resort defense maneuver it sprays all the toxins from it's shell, poisoning everything it comes in contact with. However, this leaves it lethargic and overall defenseless.

Big thanks to Quanyails for the Ampharos catch!

Draft 2

Black: The glow from a Mollux's shell expresses its health. It will be remarkably bright when a Mollux is healthy, and dim when close to fainting.

White: While Mollux's skin is only around 100 degrees F, the inside of its shell can be as hot as 1200 degrees F. Very rarely, a SLUGMA is found to be dwelling in the shell due to the extreme heat.

If I can find time, I would much like to critique other people's entries but I also have finals over the coming week. Some notes on my own:

Black: Vaguely like Charmander's entry. Not sure if "fainting" exists in actual entries, but it makes complete sense as fainting is a major part of Pokemon as a whole.

White: Everybody else is making connections to other things, might as well follow! Slugma like hot places, and the inside of Mollux's shell is hot as shit, so it might as well hang out in there. Rhyperior's entry involving the shooting of Geodude was to an extent my inspiration for this, as I feel that is one of the most creative entries. I use the same format for temperature as Magcargo's actual entry, trying to be as realistic as possible. The temperature's I provided I am a bit unsure of, though.

I've gone ahead and "updated" the rules to how they read in Necturna's dex entry thread. It seems they were ripped from Tomohawk's dex entry thread, causing the CAPITAL LETTERS debacle. They don't have to be in CAPS for Black and White.

Things I think we should avoid:

Mentions of a life cycle - Some entries talk about Mollux hatching, but I think that this is just going to cause problems if the community votes to give Mollux pre-evos.

Mentions of other Pokémon - Okay, I was guilty of this with my entries for Necturna, but there's a point to this. It's extremely rare for two Pokémon to have enough of a relationship to mention each other in Pokédex entries. That's just a fact. (I'm also pretty sure we've gone past the Delibird bashing, so lol.)

Convoluted descriptions - Really, the majority of Pokédex entries are pretty simple. I find that a lot of entries overuse adjectives. I feel that people get really in-depth into the entries in an attempt to be "different". However, "different" and "creative" are two different things. I'm going to respond to this in particular:

I look at some entries simply talking about how it glows brightly exactly like a lava lamp does or how it hunts exactly like a cone snail does, and it's hard to get excited about those because they don't really give any information that wasn't already expected.
On the contrary, I know that people get tired of people stating "the obvious" and being "different" sticks out, but "standard" entries definitely have merit. If an entry is not really "different" but is still well-written and generally reads like a Pokédex entry, then that can still be a great, even creative, entry.

(BTW the double meaning usage of Mantle is cute but it triggers my science alarm because nothing lives as deep as the mantle.)

Birkal's Black entry is fun, but I do have somewhat of a problem with it. In general, I find that a lot of entries kind of assume that Mollux lives somewhere without outright stating it. I happen to have an image of it living underwater due to those cone snail videos that have been floating around.

On that note, Jirachi6's entries are cool because they give a good picture of where Mollux might actually live. I would probably just reduce "almost impossible" to "difficult", though.

SubwayJ uses the "cliché" approach, with Black describing a ludicrously hard shell and White spouting the "no one's seen inside" business. Game Freak recycles these themes occasionally for a reason. Simple, effective.

Sound's oil spill idea is awesome. I think the first sentence actually detracts from it and should be removed altogether.

---

Updated my entries:

Species: Lava Lamp Pokémon

Black: It illuminates its shell to attract prey. It stings its victims with a powerful poison, then swallows them whole.

White: There are two liquids inside Mollux's shell. One provides sustenance, while the other is a deadly poison.

Asylum_Rhapsody

Though I'm sure it's not entirely, it seems like a lot of that post is aimed at me, so I'll respond to the things that I think need responding to...

Mentions of a life cycle - Some entries talk about Mollux hatching, but I think that this is just going to cause problems if the community votes to give Mollux pre-evos.
As I said, a lot of official Pokedex entries mention life cycle in ways that would seem to rule out the possibility of evolutionary relatives. Check out what the Pokedex has to say about Banette:
* This Pokémon was originally a pitiful plush doll that was thrown away.
* A cursed energy permeated the stuffing of a discarded and forgotten plush doll, giving it new life as Banette.
* An abandoned plush doll became this Pokémon.
* A doll that became a Pokémon over its grudge from being junked. It seeks the child that disowned it.
* This Pokémon developed from an abandoned doll that amassed a grudge.

And yet Shuppet is still a thing, and everybody's pretty much fine with it. Besides, considering the existence of things like "baby" Pokemon, it's still hardly a problem. Give it Wave Incense or Sea Incense, and you have a prevo.

I know that people get tired of people stating "the obvious" and being "different" sticks out, but "standard" entries definitely have merit. If an entry is not really "different" but is still well-written and generally reads like a Pokédex entry, then that can still be a great, even creative, entry.
I just can't agree. Entries like your Black one for example just don't seem to have a point. What is the purpose of a Pokedex entry if it's just going to tell us what we already know? The fact that it's a lava lamp cone snail is evident from its design, so having a Pokedex entry that says "This is a cone snail with a lava lamp as a shell" just feels like a waste of time and space no matter how pretty you try to word it.

Pokedex entries by and large are there to expand upon the Pokemon's flavor, not just to repeat story elements already made evident by art design. If a dex entry isn't going to say something interesting, unique, or unexpected about the Pokemon itself, then it should say something interesting, unique, or unexpected about the Pokemon's relation to others, to humans, or to its environment, this entry from Birkal being a fantastic example:
"Sailors use the glow from Mollux to guide their ships away from hazardous coral reefs during the night."

(BTW the double meaning usage of Mantle is cute but it triggers my science alarm because nothing lives as deep as the mantle.)
It doesn't have to mean that it does. The point of it is exactly that it could mean a lot of things. It could just be a reference to its remarkable shell, it could be a reference to its fire typing and the lava aspect of its lava lamp, or it could be where it lays its eggs for incubation. That's why it's perfect. Besides, even if it did live in the mantle, this is Pokemon; a science alarm going off every once in a while is not only unremarkable but in fact desirable every once in a while to keep things interesting. Our last CAP was a telepathic ghost.

Bull of Heaven

Final Submission

Final Submission

Mollux: The Lamp Pokemon

Black: It glows brightly when it is hungry. It lures prey with the light, then strikes quickly with acid.

White:
Because its shell traps heat, it avoids the sun. Strange lights at night are often Mollux leaving the water.

Okay, I've found nothing in the rules that says I can't post this here, and I find it interesting how thinking of Dex entries changed my perception of this pokemon. First up is the species: Mollux is the "Lamp Pokemon" to satisfy my taste for simple, one-word classifications. I also find it appropriate that it shares its classification with Lampent.

The Black entry was literally the first thing that came to mind, as I'm sure it was for a number of people. I used acid as its hunting weapon because Mollux learns Acid at an early level, and doesn't learn Poison Sting at all. Sure, a reference to stinging can still work, since Dex-move inconsistencies happen sometimes with official pokemon, but I decided it wasn't something I wanted in my submission.

The White entry was trickier to put together. It was easy to think of the shell as an insulator and extend that thought to "Dry Skin = living underwater," but things got more complicated when I wanted to reconcile all that with a healthy ability to battle on land. In the end, I decided that rather than a pure water-dweller, Mollux should be amphibious, which I especially like because it provides more opportunity to use its Fire typing in the wild. While this didn't make it into my entries, I now picture Mollux using its poison to hunt underwater and its firepower on land (where it eats bugs I guess).

The routine of staying in water by day and emerging at night was inspired by, of all things, hippopotami. Not only does this allow for the reference to "strange lights" by the water, but I also enjoy the thought of how this could be implemented in an actual cartridge game. I'm picturing a land+water route where Mollux can be found by fishing during the day and in tall grass at night. It would be a fun flavour quirk IMO. The wording of the White entry ("Strange lights...are often...the water.") is a little odd and I'm not completely satisfied with it, but there's a precedent for odd writing like this in Gengar's entries ("The leer that floats in darkness belongs to a Gengar..."). I think this creates a good contrast between my entries: the Black entry uses a very straightforward, Pokemon-like style, while the White one is a little different but stays within the flavour of the games.

This Pokemon must be the Mantle Pokemon. Its extremely relevant dual meaning ([1], [2]) is just too perfect. I don't even care if anybody "steals" it and uses it for their own entry. That's fine.
That is pretty neat. alrighty then, since you are okay with it:

Mollux
The Mantle Pokemon

Black: Despite the fact that it looks like glass, the clear part of it's shell is as hard as stone.

White: It stores its poison in its shell along with a denser, glowing fluid that reaches temperatures of 1200 °C. Despite this it is cool to the touch.

For its black pokedex entry, i actually wanted to reference the voting a little, where Shell Smash was voted out. Since it can't smash it's shell, I guess it must be pretty hard then :naughty:. As for its white pokedex entry, i figured i would allude to it being a fire/poison type, and make a sly "lava lamp" joke (700°C - 1,200°C is the temperature range for lava.)

I really like the entries by Pwnemon, GRsCousin, DetroitLolcat, Level51, Sound, Darklatias92 (bonus points for mentioning phosphorus!), and Bull of Heaven for what they consist in. I won't reiterate points why but I just think their flavor is well-chosen and suits a Pokedex entry.

Next up, Asylum Rhapsody has an AWESOME idea with Mantle. I'll follow that example in my entry - but moreover whichever ones get slated I'll vote for the ones with Mantle Pokemon, at least more likely than those without.

I'll give it one try myself I suppose. >.> Not holding out much hope for it, but, here goes nothing.

Mollux, the Mantle Pokemon

Black: A diet rich in phosphorus keeps its lava lamp glowing. When heated into a gas its poison combusts from oxygen.

White: The toxin in its shell is cooler than the lava submerged in it. Combined with water it's a potent acid that Mollux douse prey in.

Mollux, the Mantle Depth Pokémon

Black: While fatal in large amounts, the toxins it brews in its shell have a healing effect in tiny doses to generate a mental state of utter rapture and ease.

White: They congregate around underwater steam vents. Territorial disputes from rival Mollux force them to illuminate their surroundings for new territory.

Pending revision and critiques.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)