CAP 31 - Part 1 - Concept Assessment Move Poll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

adem

her
is a Tutoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Shadow Force
Diamond Storm
Sacred Fire

Personally, I think Shadow Force should be the move chosen by a mile, just due to the differences in viability as a result of its specific mechanic (taking two turns to hit) between it and the other two. While making Shadow Force (and moves alike) different from say, Sacred Fire and Diamond Storm, it is also what makes it very rarely used, and even if used, its generally due to lack of a better option. Being so easily taken advantage of, as well as the potential for higher damage output if using other moves make it a niche option at best. This is why making a competitively viable user of this move (and maybe others alike?), that doesn’t only use it due to lack of a better movepool and can actually efficiently make use of it over other options is much more interesting IMO, compared to two great moves, pretty much all the time, which have a lack of any real drawback, making these latter two options a quite a bit more boring to design a Pokemon around, as honestly I cant see it going anywhere much.

Diamond Storm is my second option, though not really close as its ability to buff its bulk is honestly amazing, and it being available to only Diancie, which (in DOU, the meta I am familiar with it best) needs stat boosting and speed control from something like Trick Room to abuse Diamond Storm offensively (high BP + spread), however does make great use of its defense boost efficiently due to its high bulk letting it be almost unkillable with the Defense boosts, and letting hits such as Rillaboom's Grassy Glide easily proc WP without chunking it too hard. Mega Diancie on the other hand doesnt make that much use of its Defense boost barring avoiding certain OHKOes due to MDiancie's frailness, however due to its great offensive stats make excellent use of it offensively. Honestly, I think Diancie + its Mega Form are basically tailor made for DStorm, and IMO w/e CAP is created wont really be too special and will function like one or the other (Mega or Base), tldr boring.

Sacred Fire is something I really would not like to see, as it is honestly a really standard move, the Pokemon that use it pretty much showcase perfectly why it should be used / why it is used / why its good / make use of it best, and overall the actual move itself isnt anything special compared to other Fire-type, or even just elemental based moves. At the very least with DStorm bulk boosting with an attacking move isnt a common thing, so it can offer some potentially creative routes such as a bulky / slow setup sweeper w it idk, but Sacred Fire is just a normal Fire type move, in my eyes outside of the exclusivity to Ho-oh and Entei, it is under the same group as something like Flamethrower. tldr nothing special abt the move -> boring mon with nothing really that separates it from official mons OR the mon being created will end up missing the concept entirely, making the mon's differing / special factor not the fact that it makes use of the non permitted move well, but around something else.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)