CAP 4 CAP 4 - Part 13 (Name Poll 3)

What name should we use for our Pokemon?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunday

God Bless Nintys Incompetence :*)
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Only two choices left guys, so which will it be?

Fidgit (i think it sounds cute, and it probably has trouble finding something for all those hands to do, so it fidgets. also rhymes with 'digit')

Harvesand- A combination of harvestman (the arachnid he is based on) and sand for the ground aspect. It is simple enough, plus it sounds like havestman when you say it. Alternatively, it could be Harvestand as in stand instead of sand.

I've not seen one reason as to why Fidgit is a good name or that Harvesand is a bad one so i'm voting for Harvesand for reasons stated in the previous threads.

Harvesand? Seriously? Okay, it comes from Harvestman species of spider, but what is the first thing you think you when you see the beginning, 'harvest'? Farms, right? Plantation. Harvesand reminds me of the grass type, totally not the Ground/Poison typing we gave CaP 4.

Fidgit, on the other hand, reminds me of the word 'fidget', meaning "to behave or move nervously or restlessly." Look at the bolded part. Then look at an ability we gave CaP 4. Vital Spirit. The name Fidgit ('finger' combined with 'digit') blends with the all the other aspects of this Pokémon. I really don't understand how people are misinterpreting Fidgit as a joke name. Really.
Voted Fidgit.

Voted Fidgit despite not liking it so much..

Not voting Harvesand because most people probably wouldn't immediately think 'harvestman' let alone know what is it. I still have visions of laborers on a farm when I repeat the name to myself.

Harvesand is a much better name than Fidgit. It gives connotations of ground and summer and hard work, also spiders. Fidgit just sounds like something we'd use because we need a name now and no one can think of anything else.

I haven't voted once and won't unless harvesand makes a comback then I'll vote Fidgit cause Harvesand is a dumb name

Fidgit.
Harvesand is nice, but it's related to "harvesting" like harvesting crops, so that's a downer.
It's a no, sorry.

Harvesand doesn't really bring the word "harvest" to my mind because the t is missing; instead, I just get "harve" and "sand", the former of which doesn't mean much to me, though "sand" is obviously indicative of it's ground type as well as possibly it's preferred environment. Not an amazing name, but I prefer it over the other choice.

Fidgit, on the other hand, comes across as a misspelling of the word "Fidget", which makes some sense, but isn't really interesting at all.

Harvesand doesn't really bring the word "harvest" to my mind because the t is missing; instead, I just get "harve" and "sand", the former of which doesn't mean much to me, though "sand" is obviously indicative of it's ground type as well as possibly it's preferred environment. Not an amazing name, but I prefer it over the other choice.

Fidgit, on the other hand, comes across as a misspelling of the word "Fidget", which makes some sense, but isn't really interesting at all.
this.

I voted Fidgit. Its just sounds right. Harvesand doesn't flow and I don't think it would go well as a name for him.

I could understand that. I would Fidgit too if I had all those limbs!
(See what I did there? Heh.)

beej

everybody walk the dinosaur
is a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Ugh, to be honest I think Fidgit is the sort of thing that sounds cute when you hear it and you vote impulsively, then afterwards you realize that this is the name the pokemon is stuck with till the end of time. Harvesand.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Fidgit sounds like a great name for this pokemon. I honestly think it's been the best name since when it was firs announced. This having so many arms/limbs that when it's doing anything, from moving around to laying around I could see it sorta fidgit around.

Voted for Fidgit, since Harvesand keeps reminding me of farms, which doesn't really fit the artwork.

Also, I don't think the "I just wanted to see the results" option is really needed, since there's that "View Poll Results" thing at the bottom right hand corner of the poll for people who haven't voted yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)