CAP 6 CAP 6 - Part 1 - Concept Poll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left out a couple. This was intentional, so don't bug me about it if yours didn't get picked. I was pretty lenient, so better luck next time!

BOLD VOTE for ONE (1) concept and please bold both like creator and the concept name.

Example:
darkie's Anti-tennisace
Discussion of the concepts is permitted.

Name: "Definite GG"
Description: A pokemon constructed specifically for late game sweeping. Basically solidifying wins at the end of a match.

A little broad? Maybe.
Concept: "Feeling Lucky, Punk?"
Description: A Pokemon that completely relies on "hax" to make any sort of impact on a match. While it isn't completely useless without it, it only really shines when it's inflicting bad luck onto your opponent.
Name: Mr. Gorbachev, Tear down your walls (Wall Breaker)

Description: This pokemon will serve one purpose: Wall Breaking. This means that it will probably not sweep itself, but rather, it will open up the other team to being swept by another pokemon, by taking down one or two walls in the opposing team.

Obviously, this Pokemon is going to be a mixed attacker. It will rely on its movepool to act as a threat to many things, but its weakness will be that it is limited to four moves and can not break every wall with those moves. Personally, I have no idea what this would look like or what stabs it could have, but presumably, they would have to be stabs that hit the common walls of the CAP metagame, while not giving it too many weaknesses.
Concept: "Unpredictable"
Description: A Pokemon that can do a lot of different roles to fit into any team.

So this Pokemon could be a wall that hits hard or a supporter. Can go Physical, Special or both. This Pokemon is just hard to counter till you know what it does.
Name: Decentralizer
Description:A Pokemon can check a majority of the current top 5 Pokemon.

This is basically what Gormenghast wanted to do with Camerupt, but broader. I feel that specifically mentioning Scizor, Zapdos, and Heatran makes the concept too restrictive, but ideally this would be able to take at least two of these Pokemon on (Blissey does fthis for certain varients of Zapdos and Heatran). Unfortunately, there are very few type combos that do this, which is why I don't want to mention any specific Pokemon in the description.
Concept: It's Your Choice
Description: A Pokemon that has Choice items as its most viable options.

This Pokemon would, ideally, be able to make excellent (and exclusive) use of Choice items. It's movepool might consist of very little set-up, but a wide range of offensive moves. It might not be too fast, but it could hit just the right speeds if you added a Scarf. I feel that, with Choice items (minus Heatran, because that's just a given) having been in a sort of decline, CAP could revitalize these interesting items.
Name: The Great Wall

Description:
A pokemon who can switch repeatedly into attacks and keep many of the common threats in check.
---

With the release of Platinum in shoddy, and all these new highly offensive threats on the loose, the metagame seems pretty unbalanced. I think a pokemon who can switch repeatedly into physical attacks, and keep many of the common threats in check, would help bring this metagame back slightly into balance.
Concept: Trick or Treat
Description: This pokemon doesn't necessarily rely on moves with the word trick in the name, but basically moves that switch things around. Moves like guard swap, skill swap, psycho shift, trick room, power trick, trick, etc.

Okay, trick room is extremely underrated, so it would be good to support a trick room team. It could be used either to support the team or attempt to sweep by itself with power trick. Or maybe it could be the first ever pokemon to abuse the move skill swap?
Concept: Physical-Sweeping Spinner

Description: A Rapid Spinner that has the potential to sweep on the physical side of the spectrum.

EDIT - adding this as some background for the idea:
Name: Cripplemon
Description: A Pokemon that focuses on weakening and crippling your opponent.

Froslass was a good one -using Parafusion- but it is only UU. I think that a OU crippler would be great.
Name: High risk, high reward.
Description: (not a glass cannon) This Pokemon would rely on riskier moves in order to make its impact on the battle. When it works, it works really well - so trainers will need very good prediction to make it work.

This is comparable to something like Magmortar using Focus Punch.
Name: Anti Switch

Description:
A Pokemon that blocks or punishes switching.

Explanation:
There are so many ways this could go but if done right all would lead to a better metagame.
As it is the only viable switch blockers are Dugtrio, Magnezone and STAB Pursuit users, I think that this is quite limited considering that a large majority of the most threatening Pokemon that you want out of the way (SkyMin, Gyrados, Salamence, Scarftran, some Tyranitar) have little or no problem dealing with or escapeing from these trappers and psudo trappers.

Something that has the ability not just to counter some top OUs, but to remove them from the game (possibly only via revenge trapping) would be a great help IMO. SkyMin and Tyranitar in particular are very centriliseing for the CaP metagame.
I would have liked to post something very similar to what RBG posted, but whatever^^

Name: Kingdra in the Snow
Description: A pokemon who has average sweeping capabilities but has the potential to become a real force in the Hail

Explanation: Yes, I inspired this to the example concept^^ but this does not limit its importance. We all know that Hail teams lack a bit in the offensive departement, since the only offensive boost granted by the Hail is 100% acc Blizzard. Most Hail teams thus rely on stall, but in this department they are greatly hindered by Stealth Rock. Much like Kingdra in the rain, I'd like that Hail teams could take advantage of a sweeper which under the hail - and only under the hail, unlike Syclant and friends - could become a true top OU sweeper.
Name: Mega-swap

Description:
A pokemon that ensures the safe switching of your team

Explanation: with spikes, SR, toxic spikes, and trappers it's very hard to get a safe switch. But this pokemon will be able to counteract that
Name: Anti Stat-Up
Description: A Pokemon that may punish stat-ups or simply ignore them.
Explanation: Our metagame is currently a very dangerous one in that there are very few reliable responses to stat-upping threats like Salamence. Through ability, typing and other components, this Pokemon will be able to reliably slow or even stop stat-upping threats from wreaking havoc.
Concept: "Ultimate Heatran Counter"
Description: A pokemon specifically designed to be the perfect counter to Heatran (and all its common movesets).

I see Heatran as a major centralising influence in this metagame. If we can create a pokemon whose mere presence reduces Heatran usage, other Fire types including our beloved Pyroak will be needed to fill the gap.
There are several ways we could do this and it doesn't have to rely on one specific method. Suggestions below:
A new Ground Type priority move with STAB or a high enough stat to OHKO.
Magnet Pull or another trapping Ability.
A typing that resists Fire and Ground moves.
I'll resubmit my concept from last time because I'm not feeling very imaginative this time.

Concept: Nerf'd
Description: A Pokemon with Uber stats that is made OU because of its Type, Ability, and/or Movepool.

Like Regigigas, but better. Better enough to be in OU, but not Uber. The challenge of the preoject would be to find the right balance between the stats and nerfs to make a viable OU Poke.
Concept: Comeback King
Description:A pokemon thats capable of bring a close match thats starting running away from you back in your corner without being a unstopable force.

Lets say your down 1 to three you know two of your opp pokes and there at around 50% each this poke with a little luck should be able to give you the match.It should also be able to counter it self to keep matches from coming down to who brought theres out first/last.The challenge would be to make it powerful in those situations without makeing it a true late game sweeper
Concept: The Great Tank of China
Description: A tank designed to take hits, and dish a lot of them out as well

This Pokemon is the one me and tennisace are basically dying for. AKA Electric/Dragon tank, attacking and walling (most likely specially biased). It would be like Rhyperior in a sense, except it would be aimed for at the special side of the spectrum. The movepool would be able to hit hard, and could probably assist the team with moves such as Spikes / Stealth Rock, as well as status moves such as T-Wave which is a given.

It would be able to counter Heatran (if we add an ability or something, such as Levitate) and it already completely owns Zapdos for the most part (HP Ice may be the only problem). We can make it this fully adapted to the OU environment countering many threats. We can also make it so that it is more like Rhyperior ability-wise being able to actually counter a lot of threats. The typing is really subjective but Electric / Dragon is currently what I am hoping for. The main idea though is a tank, likely special biased so it isn't a mini-Rhyperior.
Concept: Anti-Trick
Desc: Besides complaints about Scizor, Heatran, Skymin and Stealth Rock, the most common whining right now consists of "Trick is gay". With the current Pokemon with anti-Trick traits (Sticky Hold, Klutz, etc) all being UU (or in Arceus' case, banned even from ubers), I think it would be good to get a Pokemon that can switch into common Trick threats (Celebi, Starmie, Rotoms, Alakazam) without risking its life out there. Preferably it should be able to ward them off, while not caring about being Tricked.
Name: Bulky Paralysis
Description: A pokemon that can switch into some top tier threats and inflict paralysis on them

Something that will perhaps decentralise the metagame and give an alternative to all out offence
Concept: Sleep Abuser/Status Abuser

Description: A fairly durable pokemon that does its best while sleeping, or inflicted with a status.
Concept: Special Wall

Description: A decently bulky Pokemon able to take hits well from special attacks.

Explanation: With Pokemon like ScarfTran and Stratagem (and maybe Togekiss) running around ripping through teams, it makes sense that if your Blissey goes down it's pretty much over. If there was another option it would be easier to counter these threats, as they might not be prepared to counter this guy, instead expecting a Blissey. Basically, I'm sick of Blissey being the unarguable best special wall in the meta-game.
Name: Swapped your heart.

Description: You know, Manaphy does have that cool move Heart Swap, which I think is underrated quiet a bit. For this Pokémon, it should be perfectly viable to use. The current metagame relies alot on setting up ( SD Scizor, DDMence, .... ), and this Pokémon could be a nice check to them. With "Heart Swap", it could just get these boosts, while still being a threat for Scizor and the likes in general.
Concept: Bouncer
Description: A Pokemon that can fully take advantage of both Counter and Mirror Coat.

Explanation: Obviously, a Pokemon that can counter (pun intended) the heavy hitters in the metagame with enough bulk, and ideally a healing move, to take advantage of two powerful moves that haven't seemed to find a user without better options. Until now.
Name: Jailkeeper
Descrption: A pokemon designed specifically to lock down options of attack, retreat and defence on the enemies team.

Explanation: I'm thinking, basically, something that can block OPTIONS, with moves like Imprison, Mean Look, stat lowering moves, Taunt, Torment, Knock Off, ect. Basically, think of it like this: common SD Lucario switches in. CAP6 would be designed to stop its set up, then lock its common moves. Blissey switches in, CAP6 Knocks Offs Leftovers, ect. It would be balanced out by the all too common 4 moveslot syndrome, because obviously, if you are running it to Imprison, you can't have it Taunt and Trick, too.
Concept: "Cleaner of the fields"

Descriptions: A pokemon that can fairly quick and easy clean away all things on the field, to make a "restart" for another pokemon.

Explenation: Alot of pokemons are severly harmed by things like Spikes/Rocks or status effects. And alot of things becomes extremely dangerous in certain weathers, behind Subs or with Stat ups. This pokemons main role would be to be able to come in and clean away something that ruins your game. Like to Spin away spikes/rocks, change weather or nullify weather, remove Subs and Screens, remove stat ups and maybe remove statuses on teammembers.
It cleans the fields so that another pokemon (that would have been severly harmed by the field effects) can come in and do its thing.
Name: Power Legacy.
Description: A pokémon that focuses on leaving an impact on a match, even after it has fainted, by using many different moves that punish the opponents.
Name: Ends Up A Monster

Description: A Pokemon that gets stronger and stronger without ever having to spend turns stating up.

Explanation: There's no move sexier than Meteor Mash. However, there are many other ways we could do this, too:

• Charge Beam
  • Speed Boost
  • Spin-off Speed Boost (boosts a different stat)
  • Seed Flare (to "kind of" do it)
  • Rollout! Ice Ball! Fury Cutter!
  • Something completely different (with a project so creative and open-ended, this is always an option)
This Pokemon certainly wouldn't have to be Steel, but Doug did mention in the last CAP how amazing it would be to make a fast, frail, sweeping Steel, and frankly, I agree with him. :)
C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER!

Description : A pokemon that is capable of destroying the combos of Platinum.
I know I'm novate in CAP, and I visit the server a few times [However I think I'm more useful in Art Polls], but I'll put a submission, maybe I may inspirated someone here.

Concept: Masochist
Description: OU viable pokemon who hurt himself to get some kind of advantage.

Explanation: I'm seeing a Belly Drum user, Reckless,or Moves with recoil damage, etc. Maybe this sounds lame, but we can make a new ability that get an advantage with self-hurting moves.

I prefered a bulky pokemon, that easily can wall the latest CAP pokemon or the most used pokemon in CAP server. It tooks damage from the other pokemon and itself,... and easily can defeat 2 or 3 pokemons.
Concept: Item Abuser

Description: A pokemon that is not severely hindered by, and can take advantage of, any item.

Explanation: Something like this would make a nice switch in into the wave of new Trick leads that Platinum has brought. Trick really is a devastating move, and this pokemon could serve as a 'counter' of sorts. So many pokemon get messed up with Choice items: be it a wall who cannot alternate moves any more or a sweeper stuck with a choice item of the wrong spectrum. This pokemon should be able to use almost any item to its advantage, or at least not suffer enough to warrant the opponent using Trick on it. This can be achieved in many ways, but examples which I can currently think of would be by having an ability somewhat like Klutz or Sticky Hold, or having decent mixed stats to the point where a different choice item just lets it hit harder on one spectrum. A wide movepool and not glass-cannon frail stats would help it do this.
However, that is not all I think this pokemon should be able to do - with its ability to use almost all items effectively it could become a very unpredictable pokemon, as you never know what item it could be using.

Thanks, LR.
Concept: Predictable

Description: Can do one thing, but it does it extremely well. It would be very specific in what it can do, likely having very few niches. Since it only does one thing well, it would be counterable by a large portion of the metagame.

Explaination: examples could be heracross and slaking. When you see them, you know exactly what's coming, with very little variation. This does not mean the concept is restricted to physical sweepers. It could be a sweeper, tank, wall, or other, on the condition that it is very predictable.
Lets throw this in:
Name: Tier-Tossup
Description: Something that can handle top tier threats but falls to some lower pokemon

I am rather sick of the same group of Pokemon coming again and again. This could enrich the metagame by bringing some lesser seen Pokes into the OU area while reducing spammage of the EXTREMELY overused Pokes (and you know who I'm talking about..)
Concept: Most Annoying Pokemon of the Year.

Description: A usable agitator for the OU metagame.

We had Aipom back in the day. It wasn't good for that much, but when used right, it was annoying. Now that it evolved into something of value, a good, fast agitator is almost impossible to find and use properly. We need to see the most annoying type of Pokemon make its way into OU territory.
Priority
Description: This pokemon will have extremely high speed and priority attacks making sure it can hit before it dies, however it shall be hindered by other stats and/or ability and typing.
Weather Starter
Description:
A Pokemon that can easily set up any weather condition.

Weather teams are fun, but except for Sand and sometimes Hail they're hardly ever seen. (Kingdra's new and improved Platinum version has brought out a few new Rain teams, but they're still not that common.) A Pokemon that specializes in setting up a particular weather could go a long way towards making such teams viable. General weather-boosted moves such as Weather Ball, Thunder, Solarbeam, Blizzard, and any Water or Fire type moves could help it avoid being dead weight until the timer runs out on the weather.
Name: Master bait.
Description: A Pokemon that has a great movepool/ability/typing to act as a lure to counters for an extremely threatening sweeper. This Pokemon will draw in the counters of such Pokemon and kill them in some way, paving the way for a sweep.

Additional info: Think of it as Lucario for example. Lucario has such a big movepool to use in it's Swords Dance set, that when you use one move over another, a new counter is made. For example If one chooses to use Stone Edge over Ice Punch for Zapdos and Gyarados, Gliscor is a counter. If it uses Extremespeed over Bullet Punch, it isn't hitting Gengar anytime soon. Therefore, it will be able to "suprise" it's 'counter'. I'm not saying you shouldn't create it because Lucario can do this role to some extent, but do it differently. Maybe a special based lure?
Confusion Abuser
Description: A pokemon that specifically uses confusion to defeat opponents.

Explanation: Currently, WoW, T-Wave, and Toxic are used on virtually every wall. However, Confusion is seldom seen on any pokemon not named No Guard Machamp. Confusion is generally seen as inferior due to the fact that the opponent can get rid of it by swiching out. An OU viable Confusion user could psuedo-phaze with Confusion, or even deny the opponent the opportunity to switch out a confused pokemon at all.

Pokemon such as Heatran and Scizor are so powerful, and are not hurt by Toxic (and in the case of Heatran, WoW.) With the downgrading of hypnosis' accuracy and the lack of any good freeze move, Confusion is and option to slow these two down. Confusion could also be paired with T-Wave/Toxic so you could counter Salamence and Zapdos as well. Confusion will also force DDMence and SDScizor to retreat, so not to get hit with boosted confusehax. Parafusion, while being somewhat unreliable, effectivly cripples the most commonly used pokemon.
Name: Sacrificial Pokemon

Description: The Pokemon attempts to help its fellow team-members through sacrificing itself.

---

There isn't ONE good Pokemon in the whole game that makes use of Memento, Healing Wish etc. or at least uses it in a standard moveset. This concept I thought would be different and would add variety to the game.

Edit: I'm not 100% sure would become of the metagame if this Pokemon was added, seeing as there's nothing else that has ever been similar to it.
Name: Icy Cold

Description: A Pokemon that uses the Freeze status well.

Explanation:
You can literately go any route you want to with this Pokemon; however, if done right this Pokemon will change the metagame.

Freeze is a very seldom seen status in Pokemon, and it is time to change that.
Think about Pokemon like Heatran who are uneffected by Toxic and Will-O-Wisp. The Freeze condition stops any sweeper cold. and stops walls from healing. Also, it provides you with a free turn of setup as they try to switch or they decide to wait for the thaw. Freeze clause makes sure it isn't abused so you have to be able to utilize Freeze at a strategic time.
We could finally introduce Freeze as one of the more potent status effects.

It would literately Freeze the metagame! :D
Damnit...I have to give you congrats on submitting an idea I was planning on submitting if I knew this was happening earlier =/. I support this idea and pray to God that it make it to the poll.

Name: Test the Limits
Description: A Pokemon designed to see what makes a Pokemon Uber and/or Broken and to find out how far one can go before becoming ridiculously stupid.

Explanation: In the past, people would constantly cry out bullshit "This Pokemon is broken" or "It's soo Uber it's not even funny" when the Pokemon in question hardly became broken in anyway. I personally want to put an end to this right now by creating this so-called "broken" Pokemon and to see how broken one could get before being ridiculous.
Actually, got a better one

The Atomic Bomb

Description: A Pokemon that can strike fear to even its own counters. Also known as a BL/OU version of Deoxys-A.

Yeah, I've been scrolling back a few pages and I found this in the CAP5 Concepts section (I believe Fishin came up with the idea earlier). This was one of the few good ones (or at least in my mind). I'm hoping that no-one steals this by the time I actually post it.

Now, about the Pogemon itself... unlike some of the other Pokemon, such as Lucario, Infernape or even Gyarados, this one needs to be able to threaten as many of the others as possible even if the opposing player knows its exact moveset. It doesn't need to garauntee a kill though (and it probably shouldn't, otherwise it'll end up being Uber, which is the last thing we need), but it should force the player to predict right if he/she would rather not sacrifice a PKMN.

Some things that can help it acheive its goal are: good attacking STABs (Fire, Ice, Fighting, Ground and Rock come to mind), powerful moves (unless this somehow gets Truant, Hyper Beam and friends don't count), high offensive stats (from either or both sides of the spectrum) and enough speed to catch up with the majority of the top OU sweeper. Doesn't need all of them, but they will all play a key part.
Alright, expect a sort of a long post here... so if you're not into reading one, I suggest you leave now.

There are oh so many "creative" ideas that we could go with, but I feel that perhaps you could consider a less "creative" one, in lieu of one that would benefit the metagame at large.

It's no small secret that the metagame is largely centralized around physical attacking. They have the easiest time breaking through and making a sweep. And have, in general, better distribution of stat-upping moves such as Swords Dance. A quick look at OU Pokemon used will reveal that the majority of them are of the Physical variety.

Now if you were to look at the physical attackers of OU, it is pretty apparent that they are the more powerful Pokemon compared to their special attacking counterparts (whose usefulness generally stems from the lack of good Special Defense of the majority of OU, rather than raw power). Very rarely does anyone complain about special attackers (atleast those who are good at battling). And that is because of one thing, Blissey. Blissey is such a complete stop to what special attacking has to offer that if one has such a huge special weakness, the only thing you need to add is Blissey and you're good to go. The beauty of Blissey, however, comes in its exploitable weaknesses, and lack of ability to do MUCH of anything but sit there and stall (aside from the gimmicky Calm Mind set).

So I offer to you, my concept submission.

---------------------

Name: The Physical Blissey
Description: A Pokemon capable of coming in on the majority of Physical attackers and threatening them in some way.

----------------------

This one Pokemon could wildly shake up the Metagame as we know it. Much like Blissey, it should be able to do little offensively, and have fairly few support options, but what it does have ... it should be able to utilize incredibly effectively.

Not only do I believe that this Pokemon would be benificial to the Metagame at large, but I also think that it would be a nice change of pace for the CAP community. I am interested in seeing how the community will go about balancing, while not nerfing, this tentative Pokemon.

Consider the submission... you won't regret it!
Name: Speed Punisher
Description: A pokemon that exels at stopping sweepers and leads, using their own speed against them.

This could possibly happen in the form of a Grass Knot-like move or ability that punishes a high speed.
Remember, BOLD VOTE for ONE concept and please bold both like creator and the concept name.

Example:
darkie's Anti-tennisace
Discussion of the concepts is permitted.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
The Great Tank of China, by Sikh Assasin

Out of all the concepts, this is one of my favorites. It would to the metagame a lot of good if we made one. I don't wanna poll-jump so I'll stop there xD

Tier-Tossup, by TehPiplupMan, I think it'll be the most interesting and an interesting test of what we can do with CAP. Though the Masochist came close, I'm gonna stick with the Tossup.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Alright, I don't think I have to say which concept I am voting for, but for formality's sake.

I am voting for LonelyNess' submission The Physical Blissey

Having a new physical wall to toy around with will be an incredibly valuable tool considering the amount of physical threats that the metagame now holds. Furthermore, I believe that this community will benefit from creating its first true wall, and first true exploration into the defensive side of things.

The other concepts, while good, I feel are not as valuable to the current metagame, and should be saved for a later CAP.

ParanoidDrone's Weather Starter got my vote
Pysical Blissey would be competitevly good but Blissey is a boring pokemon to use and I'm guessing so would this

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Beef 2.0

I thought the fiasco that was EVO 1 has taught us that we should be voting for something that promotes a healthy metagame, rather than something that would be "cool" and "badass."

Im voting for Beej. His Anti-Statup is an interesting idea and certainly seems like it could make quiet a splash on the metagamae considering how the majority of OU's have the option of running a stat up set successfully, as well as half of the current CaPs. I think a deterant would help diversify some of the standard sets of the OU.

The explanation for my Physical-Sweeping Spinner was left out at the time I first made this post, but darkie fixed that. In any case, here was my thinking behind it:

With Stealth Rock being such a hot topic at the moment, I felt that another viable spinner was necessary to help deal with it, but creating a "physical Starmie" or something similar that is fast would allow the spinner to fill a niche, as well.

Not like my lobbying here matters, though. I expect it to be a close one between LonelyNess, SoT, and Hyra. It doesn't feel right to vote for myself so I'll throw my hat behind:

Hyra's Decentralizer

Gah...so many great choices yet so little number of votes. Why is the limit for submission this small? Torn between mostly Lonely Ness and Sikh. Need some good reasoning onto which of the two is more beneficial for the metagame to make any concrete decision.

Ria's Cripplemon

I really like the idea of something along the lines of Frosslass in OU. Especially a good paralyzer could really ruin Heatran's day - something the metagame desperately needs.

Sikh Assassin's The Great Tank of China.

In my opinion the DPPt metagame lacks defense. I liked that Physical BLlssey and Heatran Counter too, but I ended up with this one

Legacy Raider

sharpening his claws, slowly
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
My anti-Trick Item Abuser.

If we can't vote for myself then my support goes to Sikh's Great Wall of China concept.

Gah...so many great choices yet so little number of votes. Why is the limit for submission this small? Torn between mostly Lonely Ness and Sikh. Need some good reasoning onto which of the two is more beneficial for the metagame to make any concrete decision.
I believe that Special Threats in the game outnumber the physical threats in both literal number and and how much power they have in the game. Think of Heatran, Zapdos, Stratagem, Syclant, amongst others. The physical threats you would be seeing are Tyranitar, Rev, Salamence, which even though they are tricky to counter in some cases, arent as big as threats or as common as the other two. The CAP metagame isn't as strongly affected by Physical as special, so Sikh is a better choice here (imo at least). I was in the same situation as you, and both would be beneficial to the metagame, but overall I see Sikh's idea more beneficial than LonelyNess's.

But hey, that is just me, and maybe I might have had different battle experiences on the server than you may have had. Either way, I won't criticize if you vote otherwise but I strongly suggest that you would choose Sikh's over LonelyNess's.

(p.s. lonelyness please dont take this as rude I thought you had a good idea and i had heavily debated between the two before voting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)