CAP Combos

Well, this thread's been posted for all the other metagames, so I only felt it necessary to post it here. So, to start off this new thread:

@ Leftovers
Mold Breaker
~ Bulk Up
~ Mach Punch
~ Shadow Claw
~ Rest
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Speed

@ Life Orb
Jolly
~ Earthquake
~ Sucker Punch / Night Slash
~ Stone Edge
~ Substitute / Aerial Ace / Pursuit
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

@ Choice Scarf
~Thunderbolt
~HP Ground
~Flash Cannon
~Explosion

This combo is primarily an offensive combo, utilizing Dugtrio's and Magnezone's ability to trap Revanankh's most common counters : Fidgit, Heart Swap Krilowatt, and Skarmory. This combo loses to Togekiss badly, though, so CBTar Pursuit support is recommended.

+

... just kidding.

+

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
U-turn
Outrage
Fire Punch

Kitsunoh @ Choice Band
Jolly nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe
ShadowStrike
Superpower
u-turn ffs!!!!
Trick

i've been pushing this combo for as long as kitsunoh's been on the cap server, because i really love it. thanks to resistances and power, flygon and kitsunoh can spam u-turn all over the place, which when done properly, can be extremely frustrating for opponents. combined, they resist every type except water and ghost/dark, but that's okay, as you'll see shortly. they're also immune to almost all entry hazards, making it painless to switch around. U-turn isn't all that strong, but with a few spikes, it doesn't need to be. tbh the items aren't very strict, you can swap them or even use something like life orb, but i like this arrangement. when kitsunoh is about to go down, you can trick his item away. this is great because your opponent will often predict flygon coming back in and be stuck using an ice or dragon move against kitsunoh. if they use a fire or ground move, or the "safe" option, a water move, that's where the last pokemon comes in...

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Bounce

a fantastic partner who is almost guaranteed to set-up and is very difficult to counter after the bulky water- and grass-types have been weakened by u-turns. your opponent will often find that they've used arghonaut a little bit too much against those two and that he's comfortably within the KO range of bounce. jolteon makes another good partner with these three, with his ability to keep pressure on water-types and habit of drawing in grass-types (aka u-turn victims) as well as baton pass but now i'm practically building a team so this will stop here.

@ssbbm, rev is haxing with 252/252/252 spreads!@#!@#.

Also ssbbm, I think that Scarfraptor can beat that combo (CC magnezone, can escape dugtrio and beat it with a counter or something, and BB rev).

+

... just kidding.

+

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Adamant nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Earthquake
U-turn
Outrage
Fire Punch

Kitsunoh @ Choice Band
Jolly nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe
ShadowStrike
Superpower
Ice Punch
Trick

i've been pushing this combo for as long as kitsunoh's been on the cap server, because i really love it. thanks to resistances and power, flygon and kitsunoh can spam u-turn all over the place, which when done properly, can be extremely frustrating for opponents. combined, they resist every type except water and ghost/dark, but that's okay, as you'll see shortly. they're also immune to almost all entry hazards, making it painless to switch around. U-turn isn't all that strong, but with a few spikes, it doesn't need to be. tbh the items aren't very strict, you can swap them or even use something like life orb, but i like this arrangement. when kitsunoh is about to go down, you can trick his item away. this is great because your opponent will often predict flygon coming back in and be stuck using an ice or dragon move against kitsunoh. if they use a fire or ground move, or the "safe" option, a water move, that's where the last pokemon comes in...

Gyarados @ Life Orb
Jolly nature
252 Atk / 252 Spe
Waterfall
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Bounce

a fantastic partner who is almost guaranteed to set-up and is very difficult to counter after the bulky water- and grass-types have been weakened by u-turns. your opponent will often find that they've used arghonaut a little bit too much against those two and that he's comfortably within the KO range of bounce. jolteon makes another good partner with these three, with his ability to keep pressure on water-types and habit of drawing in grass-types (aka u-turn victims) as well as baton pass but now i'm practically building a team so this will stop here.
Uh... that Kitsunoh doesn't know U-Turn...

Dan, have you tried that combo with a BulkyGyara? It'd be particularly attractive if you swapped Flygon and Kitsunoh's items, since Flygon's CB Earthquake would make it less painful to lose that move on Gyarados. Doing this would make it easier for Gyarados to come in on some things. For example, Skarmory is not particularly threatened by this duo (about 25% from Fire Punch), sets up Spikes to annoy your frequent switches, and can wear down both fairly frail guys with Brave Bird (25% to Kitsunoh, 50% to Flygon). Running a bulky spread on Gyarados would take Skarmory's Brave Bird from a 2HKO to a 3HKO, making it much more feasible to come in and Taunt it. Taunt is also very good against Arghonaut, another big threat to this combo.

This is a combo I've been abusing in the playtesting pretty well.

Voodoom w/ Life Orb
Volt Absorb
Timid
252 SA, 252 Spd, 6 Atk
Aura Sphere
Dark Pulse
Vacuum Wave
Baton Pass

Heracross w/ Flame Orb
Guts
Jolly
252 Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Megahorn
Close Combat
Facade/Stone Edge
Swords Dance

Insert Agility/Rock Polish passer Here

It's basically like using Rayquaza and Salamence together in Ubers. I don't get to ladder too often, but when I do this wins for me a lot. I bring out Voodoom and lure out their counter. I then go to my counter for their counter and remove it. This generally gets their Flying-type out of the way. Regardless, once I've exposed their check and weakened it, I bring out my Speed-passer and pass to Heracross. The actual passer doesn't matter too much. Usually I use Zapdos, but I've been messing around with Gliscor and I wanted to try Jolteon (For luring Voodoom, who can't touch Heracross), but at this point I think I'm done. Anyway, a +2 Heracross in both stats with Guts is almost unstoppable. Once set-up (even without SD), I've only been stopped by misses, accidental clicking and some random thing packing Focus Sash. It's pretty cool, and I want to try it in the full metagame.

EDIT: Jolteon FTW. It has massive offensive power and lures in Voodoom for the free set-up 24/7.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)