CAP Prevo - Protowatt - Ability Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Now that we have a typing for Krilowatt's pre-evo, let's decide on abilities! Krilowatt's abilities are Trace/Magic Guard/Minus. If you wish to nominate a replacement set of abilities, please list them in <Ability 1>/<Ability 2>/<Hidden Ability> order. For example, if you want to replace Minus with Battery on Krilowatt's pre-evo, nominate the set as Trace/Magic Guard/Battery.

You have 72 hours to discuss!

--

Design:

Main art:

Typing: Electric/Water

Last edited:
While i think most Abilities are fitting, Magic Guard being the least fitting, I do think all the abilities should be discussed to be changed.

Last edited:
I'm on the fence towards keeping Trace, but Magic Guard definitely should be replaced. It barely makes sense on Krilowatt (from a flavor standpoint), let alone this small fry. A few abilities that I feel like could replace it include Swift Swim, Damp, and Illuminate. The former two are pretty common on water-types, while the latter could tie into its electric typing and it turning into Magic Guard could make a decent amount of sense.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I think all the abilities fit just fine as they are. If small Pokemon like Abra, Cleffa, and Solosis can have Magic Guard, so can the Krilowatt prevo.

I see no reason to change anything. However if we were to make a change, perhaps it would be replacing Trace with Illuminate. I would rather just keep both abilities.

Edit: I take it back. Keep both, no Illuminate.

Last edited:

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I agree with snake here, I dont think any of the abilities require changing. I think the flavour on them is as dubious as on Krilowatt itself, but there's no point in changing them for the sake of it.

MrPanda

not a bear
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Contributor to Smogon
I like the abilities how they are, I really don't see needing to change them. But if any have to be changed, I think Magic Guard is the best one.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Magic Guard is applicable to all stages of a Pokemon that gets it. Cleffa/Abra get it with their entire evolution lines. I don't see why we should break that precedence.

Trace is in a similar boat, but it is lost on evolution for Porygon2 into PorygonZ. I don't know where I sit on this, but considering Ralts gets it, I see no reason why we should change it here.

I don't really have an opinion on Minus, but there's no real reason to change this either. I am all for keeping all three abilities.

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Kilowatt is a dumb Mon if you try to look at it with a flavor lens - 151 HP Krill, Heart Swap as a move, most of its abilities commonly seen on Psychic and or Magic related Pokémon with zero correlation, you get the gist. I think we should keep this wacky "flavor" to be consistent, as it being on both Pokémon in the evolution lines is as flavourful as we are gonna get with this Mon. I support keeping all abilities.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
There has been no strong support for any ability changes, so Krilowatt's pre-evo will retain Trace/Magic Guard/Minus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)