CAP Prevo - Protowatt - Typing Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Let's decide on the typing of Krilowatt's pre-evo! Electric/Water, Krilowatt's typing, will automatically be slated. If you think it should retain this typing or have a change of typing, it's time to post about it in this thread!

You have 48 hours to discuss!

--

Design:

Main art:

I see no reason to change Electric/Water here. Not much to say here. It is some kind of prawn so it should keep Water, and it is still yellowish so it looks like it could still be Electric too.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Krilowatt has strong flavor elements for both its Electric and Water typings. I see no reason why its prevo should not have either. Keep Electric / Water.

I also see no reason to change Electric/Water. The yellow electric bits are enough for it to retain its original typing.

I see no reason to change Electric/Water, either. Retaining its typing is just as flavorful.

Zephyri

put on your headphones and burn my city
is a Top Artistis a Forum Moderator
There's legitimately no reason to change it, keep it Elec/Water

Slapperfish

Banned deucer.
Most of the name submissions - in the event we don't stick with Protowatt - seem to be leaning towards electricity references anyway, so keeping Electric/Water seems like a safe and reasonable option.

MrDollSteak

CAP 1v1 me IRL
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Retaining it is the only flavorful option imo. The only thing I can think of is a swap to Water/Electric for both members of the family would be justified?

Last edited:
Retaining it is the only flavorful option imo. The only thing I can think of is a swap to Water/Electric for both members of the family would be justified?
I think MrDollSteak has a point.
I think most aquatic creatures in OG Pokémon are water type first, with the respective flavor typing second. The only outliers are fossils and rotom w, which have their own ruleset to adhere to.
I think switching the typing for both stages should go to a poll.

I think most aquatic creatures in OG Pokémon are water type first, with the respective flavor typing second. The only outliers are fossils and rotom w, which have their own ruleset to adhere to.
There are a few secondary Water types without any particularly strong flavor justification (Walrein, Barbaracle, Toxapex, Golisopod, Cramorant), swapping the types around seems largely unnecessary, although it wouldn't have any gameplay impact in the standard CAP metagame it would affect CAP M&M there is also no canonical precedent for doing this sort of retcon anyway.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
I think it should stay as Electric / Water. The only grounds to force Krilowatt to flip its typings would be a situation similar to Nohface (voters wanted Ghost only) to Kitsunoh (Ghost / Steel). However, judging by the general consensus of this thread so far, we shouldn't have to deal with this weird situation for this evolutionary line.

Quanyails

On sabbatical!
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The consensus is to keep Krilowatt's typing on the pre-evolution!

I think the discussion on typing order is significant, but it doesn't currently have a place in the pre-evo process. We voted on typing order for Kitsunoh because it was integral to deciding on Nohface's typing, whereas here it would work either way. If you have any thoughts on where typing order should slot in in the CAP (pre-evo) process, please feel free to bring it up over Discord!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)