CAP 27 - TL & TLT Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
WELCOME, to the first CAP project of Generation 8: CAP27!

There are going to be a lot of new users in CAP, so let’s all be inviting and respectful. Be sure to read the rest of the OP to fully understand the qualifications for TL and TLT members.

This is the thread for people to announce their desire to become either the Topic Leader (TL) or a member of the Topic Leadership Team (TLT) for this creation project. Do not suggest other users. If someone wants to become the TL or a TLT member, they will post on their own, and if they don't have a strong urge to be it then they shouldn't be signing up anyway. The CAP project requires the utmost dedication and a substantial amount of free time, especially to lead, meaning that only those who have carefully considered the magnitude of their application will apply at all. If you are not prepared to fulfill all of the responsibilities to the very end, then do not throw your hat into the ring.

Before applying it is important to read and understand the following posts
Topic Leadership
CAP 5 - Policy Review Summary

We are looking to fill the following five positions to help us lead the creation of this new Pokemon:

• Topic Leader: In the public's eyes, this is the leader of the project. Unlike past Topic Leaders, they now only make the slate for Concept Submissions. Overall, the goal of the TL is "quality control", not "project control". The responsibilities of the TL include running Concept Assessment, Threats Discussion, and finalizing the slates of TLT members.
  • Topic Leadership Team: The TLT will be leading the four major competitive aspects of creating a Pokemon. They will make slates for their respective threads and provide meaningful discussion points to their specific area. Note that TLT members are allowed to make submissions during stages of the CAP process that they are not actively leading. We are looking to fill the following four positions:
    • Typing Leader
    • Ability Leader
    • Stats Leader
    • Movepool Leader
When making your application, please indicate which position(s) you are applying for. You must identify whether you're applying for TL or TLT (you are allowed to apply for both). You are allowed to specific which position you'd like to fill on the TLT, but it is not required. Topic leaders and TLT members should have the following qualifications:

• Timeliness; each leader must be able to commit the time to active leadership
  • Deep knowledge of the game of Pokemon
  • Specific knowledge of the CAP Metagame and the Pokemon, strategies, threats within it is very helpful. If you don't have this already, you at least need the willingness and motivation to learn these very quickly.
  • Familiarity with competitive Pokemon concepts, strategy, and philosophy, as practiced within Smogon
  • Willing to voice opinions and lead others
  • Open-minded to new ideas
  • Creative, "outside-of-the-box" thinker
  • Good writing skills
  • Level-headed when resolving disputes
  • Liked and respected by the CAP community
Once this CAP starts, the Topic Leader and the Topic Leadership Team will be the most important, most visible members of the CAP community, and they are expected to be a strong guiding force throughout the creation process. If you are selected for any of these positions, you will have a great deal of power to influence the project. But you also have a responsibility to stay on top of things. You will have forum moderators to help you, but you need to be regularly active on the project until it is complete. All potential candidates should look through both the Topic Leadership Guide and the CAP Process Archive, to get an idea of what will be expected of you, if you are selected to be the CAP 27 Topic Leader or TLT member.

This thread is strictly for candidacy posts and posts supporting those candidates. Please stay on topic. Below are the guidelines for posting in this thread:
  • Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project. Involvement in multiple CAP projects is strongly preferred.
  • Do not suggest other people. If you want you encourage someone else to run, then send them a PM or talk to them on IRC.
  • If you are new to the CAP project, do not sign up in this thread. Instead, spend a project or two lurking, learning, and participating first.
  • Include a summary of your involvement in the CAP project.
  • Make a pitch for why you should be selected. If you can't present and defend yourself, then you can't expect to lead a project whose primary function is discussion and debate. Convince us that you are a good choice.
  • Poor spelling, punctuation, and grammar are great ways to look as though you don't know what you're talking about. A thoughtful and intelligent community leader should be capable of typing at a level above typical internet banter.
  • Even if you don't think you are better qualified than certain other candidates, you still should consider posting your application. Candidates not selected as TL or TLT for this project will be on the watch list by the PRC for next time around. Don't post your name if you don't intend to be active in the project, even if you are not selected, since people will be scrutinizing your involvement more closely.
  • Feel free to post support for any candidates already named.
  • Do not post disparaging remarks about any candidates.
If these rules are not followed, the offending user will be subject to moderation.

I'm looking forward to reading these noms and starting the generation start. Let's have a great process with CAP27!

Hey guys, I'd like to apply for the role of TL this time around

I have been involved in CAP for a long time now and believe the culmination of my experiences both in CAP and elsewhere would make me a qualified Topic Leader. I have been a part of a few CAP processes, actively contributing since Pajantom but lurking, taking an interest, and learning since Volkraken. Most recently I was apart of the TLT for Equilibra, which really gave me insight into how a TLT, and a TL, should work and work together in order to make a great CAP process for all involved.

Outside of the CAP process, I am also heavily involved in almost every facet of CAP that can be found. I have been a Room Owner in the Pokemon Showdown room for a good few months now, as well as a moderator for both the CAP subforum and the CAP C&C subforum. All of these positions I feel give me the leadership skills necessary to be an effective TL. I have also been a part of many teams within CAP, including the Metagame Council, Viability Rankings team, and the Update Leaders. Being involved with these teams has developed my ability to work as part of a group, and create and take part in meaningful discussions.

In terms of knowledge of the CAP meta, I like to think this is something I have a very solid grasp on. As well as being part of the aforementioned Metagame Council and C&C moderators, I also take part in many of the tournaments that take place in CAP, consistently placing well for the most part. In the most recent CAP team tournament, my team the Surging Snaelstroms came 1st place. Outside of the CAP meta, I have also been developing my knowledge and skills in these regards. I was recently made a part of the National Dex council and also contribute there frequently by being a part of the VR and QC teams.

I feel the combination of all my experiences on Smogon, both in CAP and out, give me enough skills to draw from to make an effective TL. Its been a long wait for CAP 27, lets make it a great one!

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I'd like to apply for the position of TL and TLT once again. If I were to be elected as part of the TLT, I'd like to lead one of the Typing, Ability, or Stats stages.

I have been very involved with CAP for well over a year and a half now. I believe that my experiences within CAP itself and Smogon in general, make me more than qualified to be a part of the leading team for CAP27.

Similarly to Jho, I was part of the TLT team for Equilibra, which has given me insight on how a TL should act and the way the TLT functions as a whole. I lead the Ability stages for Equilibra, but also took part in every other competitive stage, almost winning Concept Submissions and even winning the Stats stage with my submission.

Beyond that, I've also been very involved with various other parts of CAP. I was a CAP C&C Moderator for a while, though I stepped down from my position within recent times. I'm also part of the metagame council and QC team, and actively contribute to resources like the Viability Rankings, and consistently contribute to the metagame discussion thread. Outside of CAP, I am an OU Moderator, an OU C&C Moderator and QC member, National Dex QC and VR member, and lead the Smogon Discord.

When it comes to my knowledge of the CAP metagame in particular, I don't think I'm short on that at all either. As I mentioned before, I've been a CAP C&C Moderator and am part of the QC and VR teams, and like to make posts regarding trends within the metagame. Here are a couple of examples of such posts: 1, 2, and 3. Because of my experience in the CAP metagame, I was a manager for The Sizzling Smokomodo's, and our team managed to make it in second place thanks to our collective efforts and the incredible luck from Jho's team.

With all of these things in mind, I am very confident in my capabilities as a leader and am sure CAP27 will be a great process!

Hey howdy, so I'm applying here for any of the roles, both TL and TLT. I don't have much experience working in or with CAP outside of playing the Meta. When I first started Pokemon Showdown I got bored of the repetition of the OU tier and kept seeking out new thrills and creative plays in my favorite pass time, Pokemon. I searched as all of showdown looking for something with variation, from simple monotype teams trying to find unique combinations I hadn't seen before to M&M trying to create new and interesting combos people hadn't thought of, but they always seemed to lose their variety in opponents and, well it got boring. Then as luck would have it, I was perusing the metas chasing my Pokemon high if you will, I stumbled upon CAP. Needless to say, I was taken away. The sheer creativity in the designs of each CAP Pokemon put me in awe and to help in the creation of something like that would be an honor. I've been lurking around the CAP chatrooms and playing the meta for a long while now, and thought that I might as well give joining a go then.

The CAP project is something I've been wanting to join for a while now, not just because of my admiration for it, but because of the creation aspect. I live for bringing ideas to life, whether it be people's stories to characters I can't help but what to be apart of it. Pokemon was a huge part of my childhood and still is a huge part in my day to day life, so to be a part of this would be like a dream come true. I like to think of myself as a well spoken individual and I hope that translates through my texts.

The disputes and discord of arguing among my peers is something I've become good at resolving because of my home life. I come from a large family with a lot going on all the time, so the job to calm everyone had to fall on someone. For better or for worse that job fell upon me, and I think from this background a calm nature in response to disputes comes naturally to me. I also have a schedule that is full of free time making me usually free to create and talk about ideas. I am usually all day and all week, though naturally not always. Though I most likely don't have as much background behind the scene of CAP as the others who are applying, I am not a stranger when it comes to creating and bringing to life ideas. I hope that you will consider me because of my limitless imagination and supportive nature. I believe CAP27 will be astounding, and I'd love to help in its creation anyway I can.

Hello, I'd like to apply for the TL or TLT. I've been lurking for a while now, I saw all of CAP26 and even got involved in parts of CAP26-Prevo, but that means nothing compared to everyone else. The main reason I'm here is much the same as Nassa_Peepo, I became tired of OU. I've played Mono for most of my time here (PS) and even that has become tiresome recently. What's happened is that my passion for Pokémon, for gaming as a whole, has dwindled and I need something to be involved in to rekindle it.

I have a working knowledge of how most metas run. I'll admit that I know less about CAP, but not through lack of trying, there's never anyone else CAP on PS when I am. This brings us to the big problem, most of you don't live in Australia and time zones are irritating. That being said, I'm known for being creative and I have brain wired for logic and problem solving. Combined with my stubbornness, I prefer the term "determination", I can work through mist problems, but I'm not afraid to ask for help if I need it.

Regardless, I hope you'll consider my determination and creative mind when choosing the TL's.

Hey, I'm Mova, and I would like to apply for any leader within the TLT, preferably Typing. I am not applying for TL itself.

I have been around since 2014 to contribute occasionally for Volkraken and Plasmanta. During Gens 6 and 7, I frequently submitted art for CAPs since Naviathan and final submitted during Pajantom and onward. I didn't place particularly well, but I final-subbed designs I thought would work well with the criteria. It is the reason I had interest in improving my personal artwork in the first place. I also enjoy helping people out whenever they need anything in which I can be useful. However, I am more active on Discord and the forums than Showdown, although I can be flexible about that if I need to.

It's almost been a year between Equilibra and this one, so I hope I can make everything work out as intended for this process. Good luck, everyone!

Empress

Warning: may contain traces of nuts
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi there, Empress here! I am applying for TLT, with preferences to Stats and Typing, in that order.

I have served on the TLT before, most recently serving as Kerfluffle's Stats Leader. I've been contributing since Volkraken, and I had some good accomplishments, such as placing second in Volkraken's stat submissions and contributing influence to the winning typings of Plasmanta and Crucibelle. My interest started back in 2013 when I scrolled to the bottom of Pokemon Showdown!'s teambuilder and though to myself, "What are these Pokemon"? Since then, I never looked back. I've even led other CAP-related projects, such as hosting the 2016 CAP Team Tournament. I took a two-year hiatus from Smogon and Pokemon in general to focus on my mental health, but all the rust is gone since my return in September 2019 (and the Dynamax ban). I've re-learned some valuable knowledge about the CAP Metagame and competitive Pokemon in general, and I'm ready to step back into the fray!

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Hey y'all, I'm LucarioOfLegends (call me Luc) and I will once again be applying for TLT, with no real preference aside from no Stats.

I joined back at the end of the Kerfluffle process and aside from a brief break after Equilibra have been stuck like glue since, being a part of the community for most of the Gen 7 life cycle. This includes being a member of the winning team for CAPTT4 (go pajantoms), participating and submitting multiple winning submissions for the Gen 7 Update Process, and being a member for a time of the QC Team for CAP C&C. I am an active member of the community, as well as a Driver in the Pokemon Showdown CAP Room.

As for actual roles of authority, my largest so far has been serving as the Ability Leader for Pajantom's Project, which gave me a lot of insight into how the process of the project is managed. Most recently however is being a Update Leader for our Gen 8 Update Process, which has been great for bringing up solid discussion.

I think I have enough experience in the meta and in CAP to once again serve as a great member of the TLT team. Let's make this project a great first step for Generation 8!

Wulfanator

Clefable's wish came true!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnus
Hi all. I'd like like to apply for a position on the TLT. I would, preferably, like to work on the typing or ability stages, but I am willing to step up to work on stats or movepool if the need arises.

I started actively contributing to CAP back during the early development of Jumbao (CAP 24) in February 2018. Before that, I've lurked in the forums since the development of Crucibelle (CAP 21) in late 2015. I've also been a member of the PRC for 2 projects now.

I've been heavily involved with art for the last 3 projects. You'll usually see my username floating in those threads, especially sprite submissions. I do make competitive contributions in addition to my flavor contributions. I tend to offer my ideas and opinions in the early stages: concept submission, typing, and ability.

As for experience with the CAP meta, I participated in the Equilibra playtest reaching the semifinals. I also participated in the CAP Crazy Roulette.

Beyond my documented contributions, most of my activity is on the discord. Being able to have conversations in real-time with other members of the community has always been a huge asset for the project. Ideas like Trace Jumbao would have probably not taken root without the discord conversations and community brainstorming sessions. Using the discord to theory-mon with others is my favor way to contribute to the project because those conversations can eventually bleed into the forums if the ideas are worth sharing on a larger scale.

The most important thing I can bring to CAP is a greater emphasis on "what if." I want to encourage roundabout thinking to competitive questions we have instead of defaulting to what is considered the obvious answer(s). CAP is about a healthy blend of optimization and innovation in a competitive setting, and some of our best projects last generation heavily leaned into roundabout solutions.

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yo, I'm cbrevan and I'm applying for a TLT position, with a preference for moves.

For those that don't know me, I'm a CAP moderator and room owner for the CAP room on PS!, with my process contributions including co-TL for Kerfluffle, moves TLT for Pajantom and the starter trio, and update leader for both the Gen 7 and Gen 8 update processes. On the metagame front, I've managed the Choice Band Revenankhs for the entirety of CAPTT, managed multiple projects, and have been involved with the metagame since Gen 6.

As you can see, I'm a long time contributor to CAP and have extensive experience with our leadership roles. I've proven in the past that I can successfully manage a process stage and wish to have another opportunity to do so for CAP 27.

I'm excited for CAP 27 and would like to apply me experience to help ensure that our first Gen 8 project is a successful one.

GMars

It's ya boy GEEEEEEEEMARS
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey all, I'm GMars. After a great time during the processes of CAP 25 and CAP 26, I'd like to apply once again for a TLT position. I've been involved in CAP since just before CAP 25, really enjoying the aspect of analysis the process brings. Here are some examples of posts I made during CAP 25:

Since then, I've also TLT'd for CAP 26, leading the typing stage. Here's some example posts from CAP 26:

I've also had a hand in CAP's metagame since CAP TT 3, earning a spot in the old CAP Hall of Fame. Outside of CAP, I have significant experience in leadership for both Smogon and Showdown. I co-lead OU's side of the Smogdex analysis project, helping to decide with my team which sets deserve analyses, how they should be written, how writers for key analyses should be chosen, and maintaining the overall quality of the subforum. As a quality control leader and a GP member, I'm also responsible for maintaining consistent quality across a wide range of Smogon's platforms, including articles for The Flying Press and Social Media posts. I also moderate the OU subforum itself, handling policy on forum projects, the most visited thread on Smogon in the OU VR, and upcoming and ongoing tournamnets. This moderation extends outside of Smogon into Showdown, where I own the Help room and help to make sure that new users are able to be smoothly integrated onto Showdown, as well as hold a global staff position to act as a voice of reason on the site. I'd like to continue bringing my experience to CAP through the TLT and contribute to making CAP 27 as solid and fun as possible!

Hello, I'm Mx and I'd like to apply for a position on the TLT as either Abilities, Typing or Stats leader (In that order of preference).

I been actively participating in CAP since the Gen 7 updates, although I've lurked around the forums since Gen 5, as I always fascinated by the idea of building a competitive Pokemon from scratch. I was active during all Gen 7 projects, contributing to most discussions and I was the Movepool leader during the Jumbao process. On the metagame side, I'm a pretty avid player, most recently winning the Holiday Bash tournament, and usually getting good results. I'm currently part of the CAP metagame council and the Viability Rankings team. I'm also part of the QC team, I've written SM analyses for Arghonaut, Colossoil, Kitsunoh, and Smokomodo, and quality checked many more.

I'd like to participate again in the TLT for this project, as I'm confidant than I can maintain the discussion on the right track and contribute to make the first CAP project of this generation run as smoothly as possible.

snake

is a Community Leaderis a Top CAP Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
CAP Co-Leader
Here's a summary of the legal candidacies:

TL: Jho / Jordy

TLT: Jordy / LucarioOfLegends / Wulfanator72 / cbrevan / GMars / Mx

The following candidates do not fit the first guideline from the OP: "Candidates must have been actively involved through the entire duration of the most recent CAP project."

Naasa_Peepo / 20Yelram02 / Mova / Empress / ArondonPokemon

Regardless, we hope to see everyone participate in CAP27's process, and best of luck to the candidates in the polls!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)