Tournament CAPPL VI - Week 4

LucarioOfLegends

Master Procraster
is a CAP Contributor
Alright, lets get that activity call out of the way so we can end the week proper.

Regarding the activity call of Maple vs Aetherl:

I have decided to rule this as a dead game, in which neither team will get the point, for the following reasons:

- Maple did wait the hour for their opponent, who never showed. However, Maple never provided any evidence of contacting the opposing team during that hour, and I furthermore not found any evidence of contact in neither the Privatykes discord nor the Managers discord.
- This fact is important because this is important information for an activity call. According to the Tournament Rules and General Guidelines Thread, which to my understanding are site-wide, the player or respective representative must inform the opposing team of the missing player's disappearance before the activity post can be made, in hopes of contacting them or getting a substitution. Since neither Maple nor anyone else contacted the Privatykes of Aetherl's disappearance before the activity post, I do not believe it is a solid enough case to rule in favor of Maple.

I could try to be sneaky about this, but I don't think it would work and my psyche would rather have me own the fuck up to it.

It is likely some of you are confused and possibly angry about me pulling out this thread of rules that had not been mentioned explicitly so far. That is completely my own negligence as host and is absolutely my fault to some degree.

I was not really aware of the recent change to activity calls until about Week 2, but considering those new amendments were made before the start of Week 1 and they are site-wide, it was in effect. I really learned about it after giving the Jordy activity call, and chose to reverse the ruling after learning of it properly alongside some objection to the call and the match still got done by the end of the week.

Of course, I ended up amending the rules Week 3 to make sure that certain scheduling issues in Week 2 were prevented in the future, as well as cleaning up an archaic element. That would have been a golden opportunity to add in that link to the Tournament Rules and General Guidelines Thread, considering it was super relevant to the tournament and our current rules are in opposition to it, but I didn't. I thought it would not look good to implement such a rule in the middle of a tournament like this, and possibly make it seems as if I was just changing rules to just make things hard for everyone like some kind of dictator. This, in hindsight, is a supremely stupid reason that was supported by a tired brain. It is my duty as host to make sure all rules used in activity calls are clear and easily available to all players, and yet I chose not to. And considering the fact I have not yet changed it, that only further surmounts the problem and likely caused some confusion on the parts of some teams.

The link to this thread will be made clear and available in Week 5 and all future weeks afterwards. It is important players know how to correctly follow activity procedure, and I did not supply that. I am genuinely sorry, and it will not happen again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)