SM OU Carbink Veil (No Peak!)

Hello welcome to my RMT of a carbink veil team ~

Here's the team with explanations of how the mons work together.

sandslash-alolan.png

Sandslash-Alola @ Life Orb
Ability: Slush Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Icicle Crash
- Focus Punch
- Aurora Veil
- Iron Head

This amazing pokemon serves as a fast mon under veil, that can also break shit. Chansey falls to Focus punch (does 73.3% minimum to 248/252+ chans) as does Ferrothorn. Iron head kills Clefable but it is up to mons like Magearna with charge beam and Zygarde can deal with some of the other "stall mons". Leading with more offensive mons like Sandslash or Magearna vs stall is a good idea.

Crash and Iron Head are great flinchers for offensive mons, and are a necessary evil to deal with some offensive threats.

download.jpg

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 248 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Quiet Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Fleur Cannon
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Charge Beam
- Trick Room

Pretty standard Magearna set featuring my favorite Z-move on it, Fairum-Z. Charge beam is used to attack Celesteela, as a +1 charge beam does 45% to the standard Cele set in Honko's calc. Pretty easy to pickup with this thing. Even a max Spdef Cele goes down 86.7% of the time to magearnas Z-Fleur after a round of leech recovery and leftovers (this is without any hail damage, 252/252+ so worst case scenario).

download (1).jpg

Gyarados-Mega @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 120 Atk / 140 SpA / 248 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Blizzard

This sets evs are not standard at all. The given evs give gyarados a 99.6% chance to KO bulu after grassy and a possible leftovers recovery. Also a 31.3% chance to kill zygarde after rocks, it just drops after hail dmg. Defensive Landorus-T always drops after SR.

You might think the attack evs are low, but it hits 376, and with hail being up, i think it does enough.

I am not running full speed even though opposing gyarados are threatening to my team. Zygarde can set up a dragon dance on a +1 gyara if need be, and dd again if not flinched. You always survive a +2 waterfall after rocks, and always KO back after rocks. (if you are under veil or TR you can do w/e). The given evs are to outspeed positive natured base 80 mons. Count on this thing to flinch alot

download (2).jpg

Zygarde @ Yache Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Coil
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Dance
- Iron Tail

Zygarde is a standard double dance set, Iron Tail gets some defense drops and hits Bulu, Clef, and Lele. Coil is important because with veil it makes zygarde bulkier then Zygarde-Complete, and can function under TR. The yache was chosen because outside of veil ice moves are a problem. Weakness Policy could be good if you are sure you can keep veil up :)

download (3).jpg

Carbink @ Mental Herb
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Trick Room
- Hail
- Stone Edge

A amazing lead for the team, and a cute mon. Mental herb stops taunting, Hail is for setting up veil, edge is for volc and pinsir and SR is obvious. The spdf evs are to live 2 of Volcaronas +1 hidden power grounds 99.6% of the time without prior damage. The rest of the evs are in defense, as this thing is over 10% bulkier then Ferrothorns normal spread.

download (4).jpg

Mew @ Icy Rock
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
IVs: 5 Spe
- Block
- Earthquake
- Hail
- Aurora Veil

This mew set is pretty original and is a important member of the team. Block traps Heatran (does 99.4% min), non-mega tyranitar (50.9% minimum, edge never koes after rocks and sandstorm, has to hit 2 anyway, giving you an oppurtunity to set up with magearna, carbink or zygarde). ThaPex is decimated by this set ( 54.1% max, wich gives a pretty good oppurtunity to KO after a crit, and if all earthquakes and recovers are stalled out you can just veil in its face :] ).

If you opponent seems to have a mega Tyranitar with crunch, then Carbink becomes more important, imo lead gear.

download (5).jpg
That's my sets!

Using team ~

Rocks are important for this team as you can tell. They should be encouraged to be up so your opponent needs to defog, which is hard to do with flinches, and mew and carbink can switch in on alot of defoggers. Sandslash can set up veil alot of the time, giving you 50/50s with flinches in your favor.

Trick room with Carbink, then hail in order to get veil up right away if you are facing a faster pokemon. If it is a slower pokemon get rocks up and then hail. Mew and Sandslash should be able to get up veil with their bulk (Sandslash has 75/120 phys bulk btw). For example, Sandslash kills Landorus-T 37.5% of the time with a-1 Icicle Crash (not counting flinches which brings it over 50), and Lando kills less then 10% of the time with eq after veil is up, which it should be because you outspeed (even out of hail).

Zygarde is a serious threat under veil, and Mega-Gyara has amazing coverage with prediction
Not a serious team, probably bad for the ladder and if you know what the team does, there is no way you should lose. But it was a really creative team and I was shocked that I could run 3 completely and utterly unconventional sets in mew, carbink and sandslash, and having a decent matchup vs balance, an acceptable stall matchup, and depending on offense, it can crush.

IMO this team goes as far as Alolan-Sandslash can carry it, since its flinches are necessary to break all these level 100 pokemon.

If there is a hell, you might need to go there for some R&R after a battle with Veil TR.

have fun ripping it apart!

Last edited:
Hey !
Is it really optimum to use trick room on the pokémon who set hail up, and then uses a slush rush pokémon to use aurora veil ?

You maybe could use the more common A-Ninetailes

Ninetales-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aurora Veil
- Hypnosis
- Freeze-Dry
- Hail

It's ability summon hail, you just have to click aurora veil.
Hail on the set, so if you face a tyranitar that want to change the weather, you just have to click hail, and you still can use Aurora Veil.

You also can use another move than Hypnosis, HP Fire, Blizzard etc...

Thanks for reading!

I am assuming you would put Ninetales over Carbink or mew, but I don't think you can do that. Put Ninetales in over Carbink you lose a trick room setter, a swarm Volcarona answer, and a stealth rocker.

Put it instead of Mew, and Heatran comes in traps my two snake sweepers, can ohko Sandslash and 2hko Magearna.

Ninetales also gets ohkoed by Tyranitar after veil, and then you have max 7 turns to win the game.

The point of the team is trick room veil, because i have middling speed tier sweepers with bulk who can set up. Trick room is there so mew can set up veil MOST of the time. Thing is bulky as shit.

Hey Doubloon! The team does have a pretty fun concept to it. I am going to try to improve the team in this rate, while also pointing out what Pokémon you are weak to as well as to what is wrong with the team, in my eyes.

Overview:
The teams concept is a creative and interesting one. I like the idea of Block Mew for instance, I can see it working out versus a number of things! The team does contradict itself in a lot of points, however. Running a Pokémon having Slush Rush on a Trick Room is not the best Pokémon to underspeed an opposing Pokémon. Dragon Dance Zygarde and Mega-Gyarados are also not helping. Having no Snow Warning Pokémon just makes setting up the Hail a lot harder, than if the opposite was the case. I also do not understand the Mega-Gyarados set when Ice Fang is an option as well. The team also lacks a ground resist, which is a huge problem considering how common they are at the moment.​
What is your team weak to?
: As I have already pointed out above the team has no Flying-Type, no Grass-Types, no Levitate-User, no nothing. It is then clear that Ground-Types can easily perforate your team. Your Mew does not evevn have Ice Beam for said Pokémon to merely take of it, and that is a huge issue. It is especially a huge issue because 2 of the most common Pokémon in the tier are Zygarde and Landorus-Therian (not exactly in that order, by the way) which you just lose to.
: You also have no easy time with Water-Types. While I do recognize the Gyarados as a Water-Resist, a lot of the Water-Pokémon do run coverage moves for opposing Water-Types. Good examples here are
Mega-Gyarados with Crunch and Earthquake or Manaphy with Energy Ball. Or, they have other options to wall out opposing Water-Types, as Suicune and Toxapex do so with Toxic and Substitue + Protect shenanigans.
: Although this Pokémon is a rarity amongst the OU tier, it is still a considerable threat to a lot of teams, and this one is no exception as you provide no counterplay to Swords Dance 3 attacks at all. Pin Missile is able to hit your Mew and your Mega-Gyarados well enough to OHKO those two Pokémon at +0. Close Combat can knock out everything that stands in front if it at +2. While Rock Blast is actually not necessarily needed, it can put in some work versus the Mew or the Mega-Gyarados regardless.​
How can you improve your team?
Major Changes:
>
:
I think Mega-Abomasnow fits in the theme of the team perfectly! Not only is it slow enough to be a nice Trick Room abuser, but it can also set up hail without having to waste a turn of it to then set up the Aurora Veil. Mega-Gyarados is just counter-productive to the them of the team itself. Sure, it is a great wallbreaker, but that is not the right type of team to run it on.
>
: Crawdaunt
is a mandatory Pokémon on Trick Room. Its power with Swords Dance is close to unmatched as it can break through various Pokémon in the tier and is forcing kills versus more offensive teams. I am choosing the Life Orb Swords Dance set, since it gives you the most freedom while also being able to break through pretty much anything in the tier.
>
:
Another mandatory Pokémon for Trick Room. Its power can also not be missed out on, on these type of teams. Alolan-Marowak's abilities are almost all nice as well. I am going to use the Lightning Rod Swords Dance set, since it is a nice way to check Tapu Koko.​
>
:
I think this change is also necessary. I do appreciate the idea of Block as a set. But in my opinion the set is not executed well enough to be viable and Cresselia is just much more needed for so many things. It is the bulkiest Trick Room setter, it has access to Lunar Dance and can put certain Pokémon on hold.​
Minor Changes:
Moonblast > Stone Edge | Explosion > Hail (
):
Now that we have a Mega-Abomasnow, I do not think Hail is necessary anymore, hence the change to Explosion. Explosion gives you more turns to profit off of Trick Room. I also chose to run Moonblast over Stone Edge because of Mega-Heracross being threatning to the team.​
Electrium Z > Fairium Z | Thunderbolt > Charge Beam (
) :
Magearna is a pretty potent Trick Room Pokémon as it can blast past a lot of the Pokémon in the tier. Paired with its formidable typing and a nice amount of bulk, it is definitely a necessity. However, I do think if we are talking about what hits more Pokémon in one set, Electrium Z is definitely a better choice as it can hit Water-Types really well with that set.​
Conclusion:
The team is now a Trick Room team that has a reliable Hail setter and has real threats to the team now. The suggestions are definitely not without its flaws, but it should have taken care most of the problems the team initially had. With that being said: Have fun with the team ^^​
References:

Hey Doubloon! The team does have a pretty fun concept to it. I am going to try to improve the team in this rate, while also pointing out what Pokémon you are weak to as well as to what is wrong with the team, in my eyes.

Overview:
The teams concept is a creative and interesting one. I like the idea of Block Mew for instance, I can see it working out versus a number of things! The team does contradict itself in a lot of points, however. Running a Pokémon having Slush Rush on a Trick Room is not the best Pokémon to underspeed an opposing Pokémon. Dragon Dance Zygarde and Mega-Gyarados are also not helping. Having no Snow Warning Pokémon just makes setting up the Hail a lot harder, than if the opposite was the case. I also do not understand the Mega-Gyarados set when Ice Fang is an option as well. The team also lacks a ground resist, which is a huge problem considering how common they are at the moment.​
What is your team weak to?
: As I have already pointed out above the team has no Flying-Type, no Grass-Types, no Levitate-User, no nothing. It is then clear that Ground-Types can easily perforate your team. Your Mew does not evevn have Ice Beam for said Pokémon to merely take of it, and that is a huge issue. It is especially a huge issue because 2 of the most common Pokémon in the tier are Zygarde and Landorus-Therian (not exactly in that order, by the way) which you just lose to.
: You also have no easy time with Water-Types. While I do recognize the Gyarados as a Water-Resist, a lot of the Water-Pokémon do run coverage moves for opposing Water-Types. Good examples here are
Mega-Gyarados with Crunch and Earthquake or Manaphy with Energy Ball. Or, they have other options to wall out opposing Water-Types, as Suicune and Toxapex do so with Toxic and Substitue + Protect shenanigans.
: Although this Pokémon is a rarity amongst the OU tier, it is still a considerable threat to a lot of teams, and this one is no exception as you provide no counterplay to Swords Dance 3 attacks at all. Pin Missile is able to hit your Mew and your Mega-Gyarados well enough to OHKO those two Pokémon at +0. Close Combat can knock out everything that stands in front if it at +2. While Rock Blast is actually not necessarily needed, it can put in some work versus the Mew or the Mega-Gyarados regardless.​
How can you improve your team?
Major Changes:
>
:
I think Mega-Abomasnow fits in the theme of the team perfectly! Not only is it slow enough to be a nice Trick Room abuser, but it can also set up hail without having to waste a turn of it to then set up the Aurora Veil. Mega-Gyarados is just counter-productive to the them of the team itself. Sure, it is a great wallbreaker, but that is not the right type of team to run it on.
>
: Crawdaunt
is a mandatory Pokémon on Trick Room. Its power with Swords Dance is close to unmatched as it can break through various Pokémon in the tier and is forcing kills versus more offensive teams. I am choosing the Life Orb Swords Dance set, since it gives you the most freedom while also being able to break through pretty much anything in the tier.
>
:
Another mandatory Pokémon for Trick Room. Its power can also not be missed out on, on these type of teams. Alolan-Marowak's abilities are almost all nice as well. I am going to use the Lightning Rod Swords Dance set, since it is a nice way to check Tapu Koko.​
>
:
I think this change is also necessary. I do appreciate the idea of Block as a set. But in my opinion the set is not executed well enough to be viable and Cresselia is just much more needed for so many things. It is the bulkiest Trick Room setter, it has access to Lunar Dance and can put certain Pokémon on hold.​
Minor Changes:
Moonblast > Stone Edge | Explosion > Hail (
):
Now that we have a Mega-Abomasnow, I do not think Hail is necessary anymore, hence the change to Explosion. Explosion gives you more turns to profit off of Trick Room. I also chose to run Moonblast over Stone Edge because of Mega-Heracross being threatning to the team.​
Electrium Z > Fairium Z | Thunderbolt > Charge Beam (
) :
Magearna is a pretty potent Trick Room Pokémon as it can blast past a lot of the Pokémon in the tier. Paired with its formidable typing and a nice amount of bulk, it is definitely a necessity. However, I do think if we are talking about what hits more Pokémon in one set, Electrium Z is definitely a better choice as it can hit Water-Types really well with that set.​
Conclusion:
The team is now a Trick Room team that has a reliable Hail setter and has real threats to the team now. The suggestions are definitely not without its flaws, but it should have taken care most of the problems the team initially had. With that being said: Have fun with the team ^^​
References:
idfk know how to reply on mobile so forgive me I'm on mobile so no Calc
Manaphy is dealt with by either a slower Gyarados cuz it might live 2 surfs. I think mag lives 1 2. It has a chance of living a critical scald.
Gyarados as takes less.
If it tail glows on Mew I get Veil.
Hera fcks me not under Veil do ....unless coil iron tail does enough to ake Gyarados or maybe sandslash maybe kill and carbink always p much lives after rocks..Over 95 surely.

Ground types if dual zyg and Lando are present which I run sometimes, ya problem ig.
I think the team can handle 1 through mews Veil.

I know you a great player man and that team you made is a better win percent. The team I made just oddly works if you get luck in your favor, which I usually plan on. It is just awesome that when you win and your opponent freaks out, it's funny.

But srs the team was fun to tweak and stuff but I like Gyarados set the least. Does ice Fang get rh Lando tho? I need health on that thing for its80/130 bulk.

Why not use Diancie over Carbink? It has higher attack and has a 50% defense boosting move.
Diancie @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell

Why not use Diancie over Carbink? It has higher attack and has a 50% defense boosting move.
Diancie @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Trick Room
- Stealth Rock
- Diamond Storm
- Heal Bell
The team is based around Carbink which is why he is using it.

Carbink was picked as a lead over diancie because stone edge hits volcarona hard enough, and the main selling point was that carbink has sturdy. This stops people from leading banded bulu against me which destroys my team, and it makes landos u turn on me. Ig if you think pinsir is THAT big of a issue, use it!!! :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)