Card Game Mafia Post Game

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
So here is where I say where my inspiration was for this game, and I don't remember exactly to be honest. I make card games, I'm interested in mafia, it was a pretty basic idea really. Then once I had the idea I just really wanted to design the cards, so I fussed over trying to find a host but I never did really. Once I could show that I was truly dedicated to making this work, I was given the go ahead by myself. It was alot of fun making and running, though exhausting at points.

Once again I gotta give a shout out to Nasty Jungle for making the card type emblems and doing a fantastic job.

World Destruction x22
Holy Materia x19
Assassinate x17
Timesplitter x15
Riskbreaker x13
Motion Shift x12

Mediate x12
Bahamut x10
Flammie x9
Illuminati x9

Soul Reaver x9
Keyblade x8

Luminaire x8
Dewprism x7
Takedown x4
Parasite x4
Amulet of Horus x2
Fear Effect x0

As a faction, Square never united to take control of the lynch. Which should have given non-Square Lynch players all the more chance to control the lynch, but we didn't see that either. "Green sucks" became a self-fulfilling prophecy. While the lynch should have been capable of doing OHKOs that would also prevent players from doing anything the turn they die, people were too afraid and too ill equipped to try this.

Everyone instead relied on the heavily costed World Destruction, which made lynching even harder. Don't get me wrong, one or two players dies due to lynch damage increases (dak comes to mind), but Green was underutilized like crazy. Assassinate as an attack almost wasn't a factor at all in the game.

It still wasn't a bad secondary type, due to Timesplitter and Holy Materia.

jigglypuffers42

Bomb x2
Flammie x3
Illuminati x2
Interrogate x2
Snatcher x3
Timesplitter x3
White Claudia x3

Assassinate x3
Bahamut x2
FACEOFF! x2
Jump Attack
Motion Shift x2
World Destruction x3

Dewprism x2
Holy Materia x2

I always want to see jig do well, but she hasn't exactly been on a roll lately. She almost immediately figured out who her arch enemy was, but then told another player "I just talked to my arch enemy". All that player had to do was ask who had just talked to jig, and soon Quagsires knew who jig was as well. She tried to organize people against Quagsires, but the tide turned rather fast.

jig had a somewhat clever plan of trying to trick people into thinking she had a negative vote (I actually really like the ability she invented), then stealth voting. But voting for yourself as soon as the turn starts is just really stupid.

UncleSam

Mediate x3
Mushroom x3
PokeDex x3
Swallow x3

Assassinate x3
Critical Hit x3
Falcon Punch x3
PSI Fire x3
Riskbreaker x3
World Destruction x3

Dewprism x3
Keyblade x3
Mr. Resetti x3
Soul Reaver x3

UncleSam got one of the best character abilities in the game in my opinion, it wasn't fully utilized due to people constantly screwing with him and his strange insistence on holding onto a Soul Reaver (which he eventually discarded anyway). When he finally started getting a big hand, Nook and billymills were already teaming up against him.

reyscarface / Lesm46

Air x3
Amulet of Horus
Focus x2
Grab x3
Illuminati x2
Moonwalk x2
Question x2
Spin Dash x2
Timesplitter x2
Torture Attack x2

Assassinate x2
Bahamut x2
Parasite
Ring Out x3
Riskbreaker
Tag x2
Tank Shell x3
World Destruction x3

Dragon
Holy Materia x2
Seaman x2
Soul Reaver x2

Rey / Lesm, neither used their character ability. Which is understandable actually. I guess I can't say I'm sorry when Lesm won, but Crono's ability wasn't very good unless you knew what someone's actions were going to be. Rey made a really questionable deck too, I guess I was right when I said "It doesn't matter if you don't understand what is going on Rey, you'll win somehow" (a refference to Pokemon TCG).

Acklow / StevenSnype / coolking49

First Aid Spray x3
I've Covered Wars You Know x3
Mediate x2
Timesplitter x3
Tyrannosaurus x2

Assassinate x3
Hunt x3
Piledriver x3
Riskbreaker x3
Vector Drain x3
World Destruction x3

Holy Materia x3
Power Stone x2

Initially, Cloud took half damage from lynches. Well, that would have sucked, so I gave him two LPVs instead. Which, was still not very good even though one broke. After 2 subs this character didn't have much business winning, then Phantasia and HD ganged up on him and coolking didn't bother to send his final PM anyway.

imperfectluck

Cursed Horns x3
Double Jump x3
Level Editor x3
Pickpocket x3
Shock Grenade x3
So The World Might Be Mended x3

Dormin's Curse x3
Eco x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Parasite x3
Rage of the Gods x3
Riskbreaker x3
World Destruction x3

Cintamani Stone x3
Holy Materia x3

ipl was in the shadow of zorbees the whole game, it's really fortunate for him that the two had similar interests. However, when zorbees began to idle it was ipl who sealed the deal by killing Fangren. He spent most of the game hiding under HD's ability, having blackmailed him somehow.

Boost x26
Falcon Punch x23
PokeDex x22
Critical Hit x20
Swallow x18
PSI Fire x15
Mini-Game x13
Yoshi x9
Mr. Resetti x8

Mushroom x8
Barrage x7
Fancy Tie x6
Guardian x5
Djinn x3
Ice Beam x2

Tome of Eternal Darkness x2
Ocarina of Time x1

By a good margin, the type that did the most damage this game was Yellow. Critical Hit and Falcon Punch were both used by alot of players, and did 4 damage each (2 to 3HKO), and thanks to their abilities and zorbees, information was plenty.

Its strange that Nintendo never really unified for information purposes, yet info was still as easy to come by as it was.

Boost was absolutely boss, it also really contributed to the amount of damage Yellows could do.

Veedrock

Boost x2
First Aid Spray x3
Mini-Game x3
PokeDex x3
Shoryuken x3
Swallow x3
Team Up x2
Tyrannosaurus x2

Critical Hit x3
Falcon Punch x3
Hunt x3
PSI Fire x3
Vector Drain x3

E Tank x3
Oni Gauntlet

Veedrock bragged about taking 14 damage and winning with 8 HP. Though he really didn't do much to win. He took out makiri, but most of his enemies were killed by others (hell, he won when shade was godkilled). Maybe this is because he spent so much of his effort trying not to die.

Midou

Boost x3
Djinn x2
Guardian x2
Mini-Game x2
Mushroom x3
PokeDex x3
Swallow x2
White Claudia x3

FACEOFF! x3
Jump Attack x3
PSI Fire x3
Snipe x3

Holy Water
Mr. Resetti x2
Tome of Eternal Darkness
Yoshi x3

Midou was the first person to come within one kill of victory, then he died. He was killed by askaninjask when there where Nintendos with less HP to target, who was helped by zorbees who needed askaninjask dead :| . It was all kind of a dick situation to be honest. In spite of me mentioning a harmless neutral in the OP, no one bought the Master Chief ruse, which didn't help either.

billymills

Air x3
Boost x3
Focus x3
Grab x3

Barrage x3
Critical Hit x3
Falcon Punch x3
Macro x3

Dragon x2
Seaman x3
Taxi

Billy and dak had the most pronounced rivalry in the game, and it's kind of bizarre that neither ended up winning (billy was killed by Amelia). Billy took lambasto down to 2 HP very early in the game, but had to bide his time to get through that last 2 HP. As a full inspector he was something of an asset to others, but missed an update which may have been his downfall.

Aura Guardian

Boost x3
Fancy Tie x3
PokeDex x3
Shock Grenades x3
Swallow x3

Critical Hit x3
Dormin's Curse x3
Eco x3
Falcon Punch x3
Giant Enemy Crab x2
Rage of the Gods

Cintamani Stone x3
Syphon Filter x3

Aura Guardian never really made friends, and was an enemy of one of the anti-Konamis. He used his ability often, meaning that he always had new cards even though he had a tendency to sit on old ones.

Nook

Boost x3
Fancy Tie x2
Flammie
Illuminati x2
Mini-Game x3
PokeDex x2
Swallow x2

Assassinate
Bahamut x3
Critical Hit x2
Falcon Punch x2
Motion Shift
World Destruction x3

Holy Materia
Keyblade
Mr. Resetti
Yoshi

He mostly screwed around with his ability, but as an anti-Konami his victory was pretty streamlined. He got billy to team up against UncleSam, and with Fangren dead he won with the rest of his allies.

Vector Drain x27
First Aid Spray x22
I've Covered Wars You Know x20

Oni Gauntlet x16
Power Stone x16

Hunt x16
Million Stab x12

E Tank x12
Slow x12
Hold It! x11
Tyrannosaurus x10

Piledriver x10
Shoryuken x9
Arthur's Armor x8
Sho-Oh-Ken x5
Ryuenjin x3
Team Up x2
Celestial Brush x2

More players with teamwork potential that was underutilized. Sho-Oh-Ken and Shoryuken, mafia staples, were largely passed up in favor of First Aid Spray and other self use cards (yet Ryuenjin was not popular). If even two Oranges had formed a team, they could have protected eachother with their spare cards, but this was never done.

Surprisingly few players used Power Stone, I'm really not sure why. It may be the best card in the entire game.

Johann / HD

Hold It! x3
I've Covered Wars You Know x2
JASON! x3
Level Editor x2
Ryuenjin x3
Sho-Oh-Ken x3
Slow x3

Dormin's Curse x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Piledriver x3
Vector Drain x2

Cintamani Stone
Oni Gauntlet x2
Power Stone

HD subbed in, was blackmailed by ipl to waste his ability, and was reduced to 1 HP. Yet somehow he won. Good ability and good deck.

makiri

Boost x3
Celestial Brush
First Aid Spray x3
Hold It! x3
Mini-Game x2

Hunt x2
Million Stab x3
Piledriver x3
PSI Fire x3
Vector Drain x3

E Tank x3
Ocarina of Time
Oni Gauntlet x2

Veedrock very quickly discovered who makiri was, and attacking makiri didn't reveal who Link was. I can imagine the "oh shit" when makiri got that turn result. Though Veedrock was afraid of getting really hurt due to makiri's ability, he eventually got over it and ended makiri.

Phantasia

Amulet of Horus
Celestial Brush
First Aid Spray x2
Hold It! x2
Illuminati x2
I've Covered Wars You Know x2
Luminaire x2
Mediate x2
Sho-Oh-Ken x2
Shoryuken
Takedown
Timesplitter x2
Tyrannosaurus

Million Stab
Piledriver
Vector Drain x2
World Destruction

E Tank x3
Holy Materia x3
Oni Gauntlet x3

Phantasia's ability was used late in the game, and it ended up hitting an LPV. Phantasia did manage to equip all 3 E Tanks, but I do think he's really lucky to have won with so few attacks.

Accent / Crux

Motherfucker x3
Shoryuken x3
Slow x3
Team Up x3
Tyrannosaurus x3

Million Stab x3
Tag x3
Vector Drain x3

Arthur's Armor x3
Power Stone x3

Amaterasu had an amazing ability, yet between Accent and Crux it was only used once, and one only one target. Crux was unfortunately excluded from the anti-konami alliance due to being mortal enemies with zorbess (yeah, most people killed their arch enemies before going after the team they needed dead, even though their arch couldn't cause a chain reaction by winning). Seems like Amaterasu's ability would have been useful to the anti-konamis, but you can't argue with results.

Mekkah

Dance Dance x3
Ender x3
First Aid Spray x2
Hold It! x3
White Claudia x3

FACEOFF! x2
Snipe x3
Vector Drain x3

Arthur's Armor x2
E Tank x3
Holy Water
Oni Gauntlet x3
Power Stone x3
Spread Gun x2
Vic Viper x3

Mekkah was alot like Phantasia, lots of defense, few attacks, fewer allies, and all 3 E Tanks. Mekkah got really unlucky between the two, and it's kind of baffling to be honest. Why? Because he allied himself with zorbees, protecting him. Now zorbees also needed askaninjask dead and could have arranged it, but I don't think it ever really came up (most players didn't know who Mekkah's character was for the longest time).

Dormin's Curse x30
So The World Might Be Mended x26
Giant Enemy Crab x25
Cintamani Stone x19
Cursed Horns x19
Double Jump x15

Rage of the Gods x15
Eco x15

Syphon Filter x14
Pickpocket x14
Shock Grenade x14
Level Editor x10
JASON! x7
Fire Breath x6

Dodge Concept Car x4
Time Net x3
Rap x2

Morph-O-Ray x2

Being the control type, it was easy to look at Blue and worry that they were absolutely going to dominate (Actually, more Green and Orange players actually won). Maybe that's because the more controlling cards weren't used much (19 Cursed Horns in the game and none were used) will one of the best cards, Time Net, wasn't packed much at all.

Dormin's Curse was the only card in the game that was put into the maximum number of player's deck's the maximum number of times (30/30). Blue attacks were never meant to be cost effective, but Blue players nevertheless found the energy to use them.

In spite of the high amount of stealing and Syphon Filters, only one person ever took 2 damage from stealing one.

Goldenknight

Boost x3
Cursed Horns x2
Double Jump x3
JASON! x2
Level Editor x3
PokeDex x2
Shock Grenade x3
So The World Might Be Mended x2
Swallow x2
Time Net x3

Critical Hit x3
Dormin's Curse x3
Falcon Punch x3
Rage of the Gods x3

Cintamani Stone
Syphon Filter
Yoshi

Another anti-Konami, it was fun to watch him steal items. I felt like giving him a reward if he managed to steal an item of each type, but he won before he could.

Nachos

Air x3
Cursed Horns x3
Double Jump x3
Fire Breath x3
Focus x3
Moonwalk x3
Pickpocket x3
Shock Grenade x3

Dormin's Curse x3
Eco x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Rage of the Gods x3

Cintamani Stone x2
Golden Axe x2
Taxi x2

Nachos had the misfortune of being Amelia's arch enemy, one of the better players in the game. They started attacking eachother around the same time and Nachos did use a Rage of the Gods, but Amelia also had help from a friend.

Yeti

Cursed Horns x3
Fire Breath x3
Flammie x3
Illuminati
Luminaire x3
Mediate x3
Pickpocket x2
Takedown x3

Assassinate x2
Bahamut
Dormin's Curse x3
Eco x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Motion Shift x3

Cintamani Stone x2
Holy Materia
Soul Reaver x2
Syphon Filter x3

Another casualty to the anti-Konamis, though Yeti never really made use of her ability (it did cause people to discard like crazy, but no lynch was ever set up with it). Ironically, Yeti was one of the few players who got lynched due to lynch effects.

LifeAdmiral

Cursed Horns x3
Double Jump x3
First Aid Spray x3
Level Editor x2
Slow x3

Dormin's Curse x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Hunt x3
Vector Drain x3

Cintamani Stone
Oni Gauntlet x2
Power Stone

LifeAdmiral aught to have had one of the hardest to kill characters in the game, but was smacked with two Rocket Charges on one of his off turns. After being reduced to 2 HP, he was destroyed by Mekkah (a misunderstanding, Mekkah thought only 2 Sonys had died) while he idled.

shade

Cursed Horns x3
Double Jump x3
Konami Code x3
Pickpocket x3
Snatcher x2
White Claudia x2

Dormin's Curse x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Rage of the Gods
Snipe x3

Cintamani Stone x3
Dodge Concept Car x2
Holy Water x2
Morph-O-Ray x2
Syphon Filter x2
Vic Viper x2

shade's kidnap was the basic around which I put the power level of all other character abilities, an ability that combines more than one role. However, shade rarely used it. He made a neutral fake claim just to screw with people (which worked, as people for the longest time didn't know the his, Mekkah, or danman's faction). Sadly, he was godkilled when he didn't read Quagsire's post restriction carefully enough.

Snipe x17
FACEOFF! x16

White Claudia x16
Snatcher x14

Holy Water x13
Konami Code x11
Bomb x10
Dance Dance x9
Distraction x9

Vic Viper x9
Solar Gun x7

Stars of Destiny x7
Jump Attack x6
Trap Card x5
Spread Gun x5
Interrogate x4
Ender x3

Rocket Charge x3

I thought Konami more than any faction would be dealing the most damage, but Red was actually behind Yellow and Blue. I really struggled to make Red distinct when it drew concepts from Green, Yellow, and Blue. I settled on fast aggro, with Jump Attack capable of 2HKOing any player before damage reduction, but most people played defensive and that included the Konamis (for what good it did them, being totally ganged up on).

Of all other types, Red could be forgiven for not using teamwork, but only half the players even used Snatcher. Even if moling didn't work, it was permanent protection against inspection.

Dance Dance was used more than it's stronger Blue equivalent, Rap. However, no one used it for its most devious purpose, to discard Energy cards.

Holy Water is the worst card in the game and I have no idea why so many players used it. I guess people just like free things.

Exarius

Cursed Horns x2
Interrogate x2
JASON! x2
Rap x2
Shock Grenade x2
Snatcher
Stars of Destiny x2
Trap Card x3

Dormin's Curse x3
Giant Enemy Crab x2
Rage of the Gods
Snipe x2

Dodge Concept Card
Holy Water
Solar Gun x2
Syphon Filter x2
Vic Viper

Nothing to say here, Exarius was godkilled for never sending a PM in (someone attacked him down to 2 HP that turn anyway).

Quagsires

Bomb x3
Dance Dance x3
Distraction x3
Konami Code x3
Luminaire x3
Timesplitter x3
White Claudia x3

Assassinate x3
Motion Shift x3
Snipe x3

Holy Materia x2
Holy Water x2
Keyblade x3
Soul Reaver x2

Quagsires won almost purely by virtue of being spared by zorbees. He did manage to kill jig, but bided most of his time until there were only two Segas left, which others were easy to help take down out of fear of a chain reaction.

askaninjask

Bomb x3
First Aid Spray x3
Konami Code
Snatcher x3

FACEOFF! x3
Hunt x3
Jump Attack x2
Million Stab x2
Vector Drain x3

Arthur's Armor x3
Holy Water x3
Oni Gauntlet
Power Stone x3
Solar Gun x3
Vic Viper x3

aska was also spared by zorbees, or maybe he intimidated zorbees. Either way, between his excellent deck and character, aska played very well and deserved his victory. He also managed to acquire a great many items through other players. Richter may seem outrageous, but keep in mind that he neither won fast nor was he ever attacked much.

Fangren

Air x3
Focus x3
Moonwalk x3
Motherfucker x3
Snatcher x3
Stars of Destiny x3

FACEOFF! x3
Rocket Charge x3

Seaman x3
Spread Gun x3

After Exarius and Lightwolf, Fangren was kept alive and at low HP while the anti-Konamis prepared to kill their arch enemies. Fangren's ability was really weird, it could help or hinder but Frangen didn't steal much and the priority only mattered once.

LightWolf

Bomb x2
Boost x3
Dance Dance x3
Distraction x3
Guardian x3
Konami Code x3
Mini-Game x3
Mushroom x2
PokeDex x3
White Claudia x2

Barrage x3
Falcon Punch x3
PSI Fire x3

Holy Water x2
Solar Gun x2
Yoshi x2

LightWolf took a massive interest in this game, and I really liked chatting with him about the cards and his plans and such. The deck isn't that great, as I told most people more attacks is better than less. He also wanted to be a lone wolf, which led to Midou getting others to gang up on him. I wish he had lasted longer, but I'm sure most players were just relieved that the Shadow Realm was no longer around either.

Grab x15
Air x14
Focus x14

Seaman x13
Moonwalk x12
Macro x11
Motherfucker x10
Ring Out x9
Tag x8

Golden Axe x7
Groove x5
Question x5
Fly x4
Torture Attack x4

Dragon x4
Taxi x4

Tank Shell x3
Spin Dash x2

I got more complaints about Purple than any other type, and you know what? The Segas made a pretty damn good team. They could have been even better, with more tagging and energy passing, but they still worked well as a team, which was the point. Ring Out only did 1 damage but after being tagged and Dragoned you could bet you'd be killing even an Orange player.

As another player said, "Why are the Purples complaining when they can use Grab?". Indeed, not sure why more players didn't use this card.

Dogfish44

Flammie x2
Fly x2
Groove x2
Mediate x2
Motherfucker x2
Timesplitter x2
Torture Attack x2

Bahamut x2
Motion Shift x3
Ring Out x3
Riskbreaker x3
World Destruction x3

Dewprism x2
Holy Materia x2
Keyblade

Dogfish's ability made him a hell of a boon to the rest of his team, always making sure they had plenty of cards to use (and accidently giving cards to billymills through dak, once). He lost because with his teammates winning, he didn't have much luck in hoping for danman to help him.

Amelia

Pickpocket x3

Dormin's Curse x3
Eco x3
Giant Enemy Crab x3
Rage of the Gods x3

Cintamani Stone x3
Dodge Concept Card
Golden Axe
Syphon Filter x3
Taxi

After telling almost every player that they needed more attacks in their deck, I took one look at Amelia's deck and said "Thank you". Sure, Purple was almost entirely ignored but Amelia had a clear strategy and powered through to victory.

zorbees

First Aid Spray x3
Focus x3
Grab x3
Shoryuken x2
Slow x3
Tyrannosaurus x2

Hunt x2
Macro x3
Million Stab x3
Vector Drain x2

Golden Axe x3
Oni Gauntlet x2
Power Stone x3

This guy, I think by Turn 3 I said to myself that he would be MVP. He built his deck around the clever idea of combining his ability with Million Stab (which he destroyed Crux with). He discovered the identity of almost every player in the game. He had two teams to draw help from, Segas and anti-Konamis. I really wish he hadn't gone idle his last two turns, he really owned this game for the longest time.

lambasto

Air x2
Boost x3
Djinn
Fancy Tie
Fly x2
Grab x3
Groove x3
Ice Beam x2
Moonwalk
Motherfucker x2
PokeDex x3
Swallow x3

Barrage
Critical Hit x3
Falcon Punch x3
Macro x2

Mr. Resetti x2
Seaman x2
Taxi
Tome of Eternal Darkness
Yoshi x2

When the going got tough, dak got going right under Amelia's protection. He could have won too, if danmantincan hadn't fucked him over (if 3 Segas had won, dan and dogfish would no longer have had Quags trying to kill them, so all 5 of them could have won). You see, UncleSam failed to divert the lynch because danman tricked him with his ability. Dan was really fucking stupid with how he used his ability, screwing dak twice (once unintentionally).

danmantincan

Grab x3
Interrogate x3
Konami Code
Moonwalk x3
Question x3
Snatcher x2
Stars of Destiny x2
Trap Card x2

FACEOFF! x3
Macro x3
Ring Out x3
Snipe x3
Tag x3

Dragon
Golden Axe
Holy Water
Seaman x3

As awesome as Sega's teamwork was, that was largely before they figured out that danman was Sega. Danman screwed them over hard on Turn 7, causing dak's death which sealed his and dogfish's fate (and UncleSam's as well).

Now for the awards.

The Kaiba Award for Best Deck
askaninjask for playing to his strengths.
Amelia as runner up for having a strong and simple strategy.

The Bentley Award for Best Spreadsheet
zorbees hands down.

The Chuck Greene Award for Best Newcomer
Actually most newcomers were really bad so does Midou count? How about Nook?

The Ike Award for Teamwork
Team Anti-Konami
Runner up goes to Team Sega

The Sakura Award for Most Valuable Player
zorbees
I know, we usually treat this like there is some sort of point system and idling for two turns is a huge negative. However, then we're losing sight of what Most Valuable Player really means. Through his massive amount of info and his ability to coordinate kills, zorbees was most valuable to the most number of players, being a part of two different groups at least.
The runner up in this category goes to Amelia.

Anyway, hope everyone enjoyed it as much as I did.

Yeah, I didn't do too well, but good game, guys.

(I would have been more active with information exchanges, but school reared its homework head like mad at the worst time possible.)

Man, I died without even knowing who my arch enemy was...still, it was an awesome game that I'd actually want to play again (though obviously not with the same role).

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
If I had managed to swallow nook like t4 I wouldn't have gotten sidetracked by Nachos and would've done actual damage to Nook. Not sure if it would have mattered in the end, but honestly if I had just attacked nook earlier (who I knew was my arch enemy for like 5 turns and hardly even touched) I probably would've done much better this game.

Good game, if I could go back to the deck-building process I honestly wouldn't change much of anything, except maybe removing Mr. Resetti.

Also I held onto Soul Reaver in case I was going to be lynched, which never happened...

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
this was a fun game but I didn't really get as invested in it as I needed to win or talk to many people, just too busy hosting/college.
I wasn't really sure what entirely was going on, and I kept getting lynch cards that weren't doing me much good because I needed to get informed on who was who

but of course I don't draw the lynch protection mess or anything heh

good game all, congrats to the winners

Ecco is the best character itg

You know, after I got subbed in I was in a no win situation with none of my WC completed. I thought I actually had a chance when Mekkah was getting lynched, in which I persuaded Phantasia to get Lesm, in a hope that that woud make the square killers vote for him. That way I survive and it would 1v1 against Phantasia, and I hoped I could win against him in that scenario. It turns out I didn't get the chance to the stupid redirect.

Wow...you make me seem like I was out to get the other Sega members...

I didn't trust zorbees and lambasto at the beginning, giving them my fake ability (though I'm surprised that they didn't realize that it was a fake since it was using the same types as zorbees), and giving lambasto a fake energy the first turn. After that, I had trouble getting online for more than 5 minutes at any given time, since I was stealing a connection from some random house in my complex for a week, to try and tell them about it. After that, I was working fine with the other Sega's but I almost never got a response from lambasto, to see who need the Assist-ance (haha get it...) more.
As for sealing mine, dak's and dogfish's fates, me and dogfish worked fine together, but were unable to get some reliable attacking cards. I had kept convincing Lesm, that I needed 3 Sega's dead and would be killing dogfish, when I was actually healing him. We had planned to get Lesm the turn dogfish died, but that obviously didn't work out, and I was going to talk to phantasia, to target coolking with him, but I was killed because askaninjask thought I was his target.

just to make this clear ipl and i had a great relationship (i was surprised a bit when i saw he was square tho). ipl would hide behind my ability while ratting out the other Squares and Spike. fair trade-off. don't be hatin for 1 hp win von.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
There was the potential for it. You didn't have to attack the same targets, but you could share info, Capcom could defend eachother, etc. Only the Segas really teamed up.

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
There was the potential for it. You didn't have to attack the same targets, but you could share info, Capcom could defend eachother, etc. Only the Segas really teamed up.
If anything, I felt that you would want to give up info to your faction team's killers to get them off your back. Since they only need 3 people from your faction dead, just give up of 3 of your "allies" who weren't being that helpful. When I was in the game, until RL matters forced me to sub out, I figured that the best alliances would be the ones who were anti-faction which led me to seek out AG and Mekkah and already ally with Quag.

HEY! LISTEN!

Long post incoming.

vonFiedler said:
Veedrock bragged about taking 14 damage and winning with 8 HP. Though he really didn't do much to win. He took out makiri, but most of his enemies were killed by others (hell, he won when shade was godkilled). Maybe this is because he spent so much of his effort trying not to die.
Hey the bastards that were attacking got me down to 1 HP (granted I healed that turn, ending it with 3 HP), so yeah I'm pretty damn proud of getting out of that mess in a healthy state. Don't hate. The way I won was essentially my game plan from turn 0; just survive. The fact that I did so much damage was attributed to my early damage draws; you refused to give me anything that would keep me healthy :(

Turn 0:

Boost x2
First Aid Spray x3
Mini-Game x3
PokeDex x3
Shoryuken x3
Swallow x3
Team Up x2
Tyrannosaurus x2

Critical Hit x3
Falcon Punch x3
Hunt x3
PSI Fire x3
Vector Drain x3

E Tank x3
Oni Gauntlet

Note: I was fully led to believe energies would be drawn like any other card. I included 17 energies, any more than that seemed excessive, and any less left me paranoid.

As I mentioned before, my primary goal was to survive. The fact that Yellow had so much damage potential was nice but not my focus. Between 12 HP, my ability, I've Covered Wars, First Aid Spray, Oni Gauntlet, Hunt, and Vector Drain, I was pretty confident in my survivability. Boost was there if my draws were shitty, though I probably should have invested in a 3rd copy. With survival cards out of the way, I moved on to other luxuries like Critical Hit/Swallow and Falcon Punch/Pokedex combos, E-Tank, and some BG-esque cards in case I needed bargaining power.

Man this deck did NOT work the way I intended.

Turn 1:

PSI Fire
Falcon Punch
Swallow

AND an Energy Card

HOLY SHIT I'M LINK and other school girl excitement ensued for awhile.

Ofc ipl approached me ASAP to get an alliance going. I goofed pretty bad and gave him way too much info about myself, but I digress, it wasn't anything fatal. makiri posted the Jill Sandwich quote in the thread and it was my best lead at the time; so I simply equipped an energy and hit him with PSI Fire.

Turn 2:

Falcon Punch
Swallow

You Drew:
Critical Hit
Energy Card

1 Energy (1 Energy Card equipped)
HP Full

Turn 2 starts, didn't take any damage. Goody. I also drew Critical Hit, which would allow me to actually make use of the Swallow I drew Turn 1. I can't remember anything significant about this turn, iirc it was a no lynch and life moved on. I hit makiri with Swallow to get more insight on his character.

Turn 3:

You learned of makiri's ability, which is "You Want Stars?"
"When any player attacks you, all damage they take will be doubled that turn and you will learn their full Character Card."

Falcon Punch
Critical Hit

You Drew:
I've Covered Wars You Know
Energy Card

2 Energy (2 Energy Cards equipped)
HP Full

...panic.

Panic is all I felt after learning makiri's ability. He had my full Character Card because of that petty 1 damage, and he was fully aware that I was onto him. I didn't know the quote off hand but I figured it was related to the S.T.A.R.S. unit in Resident Evil. Google confirmed my theory, as it was part of a quote from Jill Valentine. I pondered it for a bit and figured the ability didn't give him my identity. Even if he didn't get the info from my attack, several people already knew my identity somehow, so I had to assume he knew regardless.

I had to hit makiri hard and fast, else he could gather resistance against me. I had little doubt that I'd outlive him, but I was worried that he'd do a pretty number in the mean time if I didn't mobilize. I went to ipl for assistance; I told him that in exchange for a heavy attack this turn I'd offer my Falcon Punch the next. After awhile he got back to me and said he could do the extra damage neccessary. I equipped my third energy and hit makiri with Critical Hit and used I've Covered Wars You Know.

Turn 4:

Falcon Punch

You Drew:
Tyrannosaurus
Falcon Punch
Energy Card

3 Energy
HP Full

Well, another offensive draw. I asked ipl who he wanted me to hit. He said he wanted Yeti hit, who was being annoying and was also a Sony, so I should benefit. He told me she was Wander, so I turned an action to Falcon Punch Yeti and discard Tyrannosaurus for a better draw.

Oh it was at this point that I realized I made a pretty bad fake; I used my deadtalking ability to talk to jiggly, who told me the bigger secret to colors (Each color corresponds a faction, Yellow = Nintendo, etc). I never noticed that before..and I realized I asked von for a really bad fake XD Not that I ever used it..

Turn 5:

Veedrock
Someone attacked you for 2 damage.

Someone attacked you for 2 damage and stole 2 energy.

Your Hand:
Falcon Punch

You Drew:
PokeDex
Vector Drain
Energy Card

2 Energy
8 HP

Son of a...man that stings >_O So I essentially took 6 damage, but my ability + I've Covered Wars helped buffer the hit. Still, getting hit for half my HP in one turn was bad. On top of this, I lost 2 of my energy and was effectively neutered in terms of actually fighting back.

On top of this, it seemed Crux took all the damage that was aimed at Yeti. I talked to Crux and he didn't have any knowledge about what happened to him, so we could only presume Yeti was hit by Grab. ipl thought I targeted Crux for the next few turns despite him knowing I didn't know Crux's role name and I needed Sony (Yeti) dead.

On top of all of this, my draws were biting me on the ass. My survival build wasn't very foolproof, and I was starting to see the benefit of not having energies in deck. Luckily I got a Vector Drain this turn though, and I targeted UncleSam because Crux's spreadsheet listed him as Sony, and frankly I had no better lead. I discarded Pokedex because ipl was a spring of information, making my info cards pretty useless.

Turn 6:
Someone attempted to steal from you.

Someone attacked you for 7 damage.

Your Hand:
Falcon Punch

You Drew:
PokeDex
Boost
Energy Card

3 Energy
3 HP

Holy..7 damage? That brought me down to 1 HP ffs, but Vector Drain brought me back up. Once again, a hand that did NOT suit my survival tactics well at all ._. von hates me obv

So, I'm in danger. 3 HP, no manner of healing, and individuals hellbent on my destruction. I was pretty caught up in misery when I decided to get proactive; it was this turn that I public claimed for an Assist-type to contact me. My intention was to get targetted by Grab or score some healing. billymills approached me with nothing to offer unfortunately, but then Lesm46 contacted me offering a Moonwalk. In exchange, I offered him my Falcon Punch. I didn't need the Pokedex, but I lacked the Energy to use Boost + FP this turn, fuckin' thieves. Lesm told me that Dogfish44 was Sonic, so I submitted my action to hit him and discard Pokedex. My turn PM had quite a few thoughts wrapped up in it (plus some venting), so I'll post it.

Veedrock said:
Equip Energy Card
Attack Dogfish44 with Falcon Punch - Sonic
Discard PokeDex

Heart of the Cards is failing me :(

Well, hopefully Lesm does in fact have a Moonwalk, that'll help me out a ton. I wish I could use Boost this turn but don't have the required energy; I talked to Fangren and he may give me an energy a bit (after telling him I was robbed a few turns back), so we'll just have to wait and see. Regardless of what I draw, there's going to be something I don't absolutely need which I can get rid of in favor of Boost.

I believe if I can survive two more turns (and it's going to take a lot of dependence to do so), I'll have this won. I'm a bit irritated that despite putting legitimate effort into winning, somebody has a vendetta with me and is determined to end me. If I find out it's some personal BS over fallout or something else I'm going to be infinitely pissed. I wish they'd just realize that I will not die and move on; seriously, in the time and effort put into me they could have taken out two other people. I sort of want to public claim that but I fear that'll just attract a lot more attention and have nearly everybody gang up on me.

Seeing my relatively useless draws does change my view about the energies in-deck fiasco, but at the same time if they were included in decks I'd probably be taking a lot less heat. Pros and cons I guess :/ Having them in-deck would definitely prolong the game and make it more engaging imo, but from what you indicate there seems to be as much inactivity and bs as standard games, which is unfortunate.

Turn 7:

Someone healed you for 3 HP.

Your Hand:
Boost

You Drew:
E Tank
First Aid Spray
Energy Card

6 Energy
6 HP

YES. Not only did Lesm come through with the healing, but I managed to get my extra energies back. On top of this, I could use my entire hand; I could heal myself further and discard E Tank to Boost and destroy shit next turn (getting my energy back put me back in business). Unfortunately dogfish didn't die and Lesm was kind of skeptical that I actually hit him, but I told him I didn't get any failure notification. He wanted to know if I could do more damage, stating that rey didn't really give his deck many options to progress his own WC. Unfortunately I couldn't, but I told him about Boost and assured him that next turn I'd have something for him. Little did I know I'd win that turn >_O

6 HP wasn't exactly a comfortable amount though, so I publicly asked for Defense-types to contact me. I didn't actually expect their help, but I was hoping it'd turn attackers away. The lynch was kind of a mess, and ipl/billymills were getting onto me about it. I wasn't against them but I was more interested in helping Lesm than them so yeah..

Once again my turn PM was rather drawn out with comments, and it gives a lot of insight on my thoughts about last turn and this turn.

Veedrock said:
Equip Energy Card
First Aid Spray
Use Boost. Discard E Tank
---

First thing's first, I didn't mean to be so whiny with my last PM about people attacking me. It just seems that in most games I play, it's after I stop spinning my tires that I get robbed. On top of that, I started taking heat soon after Fallout 3 ended and some users are really sore that they messed up lost. I really wouldn't put it below a few persons to take that personally and take it out on me this game. Some of those demons have been put to rest with recent events, but I wanted to apologize for venting that on you.

I also want to apologize if my long comments bother/bore you, but I don't like thinking all of this up and then just keeping it to myself. At least if I convey my thoughts it doesn't feel like such a waste of time. It's better in a FFA environment where I don't have others to conflict me or discredit my ideas, but the downside is that the only person I can spill it to is the host, but hosts seem to like this kind of analysis better than teammates. Again, sorry if that's not the case with you :x Anyhow back to business.
---

Concerning last turn:
I'm a tad surprised I wasn't hit last turn, but there could be a couple of reasons for that, with a tiered level of compatibility between them:

---
  1. They simply ran out of offensive options. While this sort of makes the most sense, the fact that they could muster up the offenses they had in the last 2 turns and have nothing left doesn't add up in my book.
  2. Lightwolf confessed that he hit me for 2 damage (for whatever reason), so his death may have rocked the boat of the conspirators. This is the least likely.
  3. Another reason could have been my public call for an Assist-type (and soft call for a Defense-type on IRC in the last 12 hours or so). That could have acted as a deterrent since any damage to me could have been routed or otherwise hindered in some fashion. If this is the case, they very well could just be saving their attacks for this turn, but I'm hoping they simply went with other options for their attacks.
    • While I'm on the subject of other options, perhaps the death of Midou wasn't happenstance? Afterall he was another Nintendo, the exact same reason I'm being hounded (presumably). This could be linked to those collaborating with Lightwolf as well, since Midou was his enemy. Perhaps a combination of Midou's faction and an obligation to ensure his loss moved them to attack him. Too many assumptions here since his death could be completely and totally unrelated, but food for thought.
  4. Next option is that after surviving 14 damage over the course of 2 turns (enough to to take out a small platoon!), they simply gave up. This could in addition to the previous two reasons:
    • Perhaps after seeing my call for an Assist-type they realized that I'm not going to take this lying down, and/or
    • The death of Lightwolf made future aggression against me inefficient.
---

Hm, that list puts way too much value on Lightwolf (afterall he only did 2 damage to me), but it could very well all be linked, especially considering what happened to Midou. This is all pretty useless to evaluate, but I like to assess situations and map the possibilities. You should have seen me come up with scenarios for the forum Dodgeball tournament. That was bonkers. I also just wanted to note that the above was a pain to format, but I wanted it to be organized so you were less likely to skip over it ;P

Concerning this turn:
Well getting my energy back is quite unexpected and helps quite a bit, but I don't exactly have the hand to abuse it; however, others very well might, which makes me wary. Like you mentioned to me before, 4 card hands can be a huge benefit later in the game, and now's the time it can strut its stuff. As I said on IRC, not only am I one obstacle away from victory but that obstacle is now public. I really want to consider myself in a comfortable decision but Midou was pretty close to victory and he got barraged pretty heavy too. I really don't want that to happen to me, so I'm trying my best to keep my confidence in check.

Best course of action would be to tread lightly and continue my conservative play, and the First Aid Spray will help indefinitely. Regardless of if I get extra damage reduction or not, I do not anticipate enough coordination to deal over 8 damage to me. This late into the game E Tank is nigh useless, but it makes an ideal sacrifice for Boost as opposed to another card I may have needed.

I'm casually seeking Defense-types to see if I can get any other damage reduction on me, but I don't expect many others to have placed bodyguard-esque cards in their deck (much like my decision to forgo them). It never hurts to try though, seeing as they may not have had better options stemming from their other type. If nothing else, it provides a mean bluff for attackers like I proposed in option 3 above; call it and attack me and risk doing negligible damage, or fold this turn to conserve attacks or turn their attention elsewhere, but give me another turn to set up (or if I'm lucky win entirely :D). Like I said above I don't expect over 8 damage to be done to me regardless, but it really is 50/50. Coordinated attackers could see my call for help as a sign of weakness and allocate less resources than necessary to attack me, but on the flip side my call for damage buffering might cause a huge wave of attacks to come my way. I think I'm better off taking my chances with a public plea for help because frankly dedicating 8+ damage to me is a huge waste of resources that could be directed elsewhere with better results. Is it bad that I don't care what happens to other in my faction? Survival of the fittest right?

I've taken 14 points of damage with 6 HP left, I'm sure as hell not done yet.
After that I won. I tried to use my deadtalking to help Lesm after the game but unfortunately my knowledge was limited and ipl didn't want to share despite being out of the game. SPEAKING OF, everybody said I had the worst ability and I completely disagree :( However, other people had some ridiculous abilities that boggled my mind, so in comparison my ability was weak but it was still great (the damage reduction saved my ass). I had such an awesome color combination, ability, and character.

This game was awesome. MGS has been dethroned.

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Gah, time to rant.

First off, props to von for this awesome game, albeit I didn't get much time to set up my strategy. Since all I can comment on is deckbuilding and earlygame, I will do so.

My very first contact was with imperfectluck who happened to ask me on Turn 0 what one of my colors was. Of course, being a noobie to Expert play I was very very weary. I had read up that ipl had a bit of a reputation following him for making "alliances" which of course is the main reason why I brought my guard up.

Building my deck was probably the hardest for the main reason: card quantity and balance between Energy and Actions/Weapons/Items. I made sure that there were at least two cards for every Energy that was in my deck. Seeing my ability, I planned on stalling the opponent out with absorbtion cards, increasing my hand size to five so I could draw lots of cards, and eventually using my World of Destructions to wipe out a few people late game. Once von announced that Energies would be drawn seperately, I felt like my original strategy would be slightly pointless. Regardless, I began the game with a very offensive hand, which would prove to be quite useful early game when I wanted to be a bit offensive and lower my opponents' HP.

Turn 1 I ended up getting into contact with Quagsires, who matched up very evenly with me. We planned on helping one another out for the majority of the game. Imperfectluck then contacted us and announced his idea for forming an alliance with us. We didn't share any information other than our main targets, our abilities, and our colors. Had I shared my faction with ipl that turn, I am quite sure that uniting the majority of Square wouldn't of been so much of an issue.

Around late Turn 1 and early Turn 2, I got into UncleSam, who wanted to form an three-five person alliance with me and another person. This alliance was meant to be "strings-free". The good thing was that UncleSam and I were on the same faction, which meant we didn't have any issues with one another. At this point, I think sharing my alliance with ipl would have been best, since that would have united three Squares, and it would have prevented any confusion in our preordained faction. Sadly this didn't happen and some major events in my personal life prevented me from continuing, thus I had to sub out.

I think that if I would've been able to play for the whole of this game (with no distractions), I think I could've easily secured a win, but alas, that was not the case. Anyways, good game everyone and thanks once again to vonFiedler for the awesome game (and concept).

askaninjask

[FLAIL ARMS]
Hey, no mention at all of the Quagsires / askaninjask / imperfectluck / billymills alliance?

Also, there was one turn in the game where I was dealing 12 damage and healing 10 HP. :)

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Ah yes...forgot that -__-

Lol, I laugh at the fact that I was too ignorant at the time to figure out the possibility that ipl was Square...Yeah, we basically had an alliance of five people (as mentioned in aska's post), though I don't know how far it lasted after I was subbed out.

little gk

competitive oosos player
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
damn if i knew about my reward i would've done something other than confirming konamis, so nook and i could hit them with falcon punch/critical hit, and playing with aska... and being on the same team as ipl and zorbees was kinda nice~

edit: i confirmed/stole from aska turn 3 or whatever because he gave me plenty of info early, so i wanted to use my falcon punch as soon as possible... ipl gave me multiple targetts, but iirc, aska wasn't one of them

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
You're right aska, I didn't the mention the alliance that ipl was actively sabotaging. Did I mention that ipl was sabotaging you? Who do you think told Gk to steal your Holy Water, saving dak?

LightWolf

lightwoof
Firstly, I disagree with the need of a lot of attacks in the decks, the game has clearly proven that it wasn't really needed, as people still won, just enough to have at least one in your hand every turn is enough, everyone in the game is killing their enemies, someone is bound to damage your enemies too.

Well as the game started I thought up lots of things, with my deck I tried to have a deck adaptable for any kind of situation, this led to adding some questionable cards(Holy Water, Mushroom(would have loved to draw that...)). A single plan won't work when your life is bound by 8/12 points, and with no way of getting it back yourself. Access to the best drawing card helped a lot too, in avoiding potential bad draws, and with the better hand size the risk of that was much lower.

Well game started for real, it Turn 1 and my hand was p good in my opnion, well for what I had planned anyways: Psi Fire, Yoshi, Falcon Punch, Pokedex. Two of my combos right there, while one is obv, the other one is basically small damage combined with my ability and Yoshi, for double track and watch for free(only combo that I could do with my ability, so broken but so useless...). Well since I didn't want to screw with anyone(and my ability got limited to once per person) I just equiped an Energy card and idled everything else. Then ipl started hitting me, draining my en and using his ability on me.

There went my plan for Turn 2. I was thinking about just using up Psi Fire to draw some new cards, but decided against it since there wasn't much I could use at that point that I really needed. Another boring turn for me. So Turn 3 starts, and ipl already has my info... Went down from there, was forced to work for him.

I didn't really want to be a lone wolf, but as I figured out the game every shared info seemed deadly(And it did screw over a couple of people, and nearly quagsires, if jiggly wasn't bragging that much). Colours revealing your enemy, faction and character name being obv, after that it was hard to make a contact. Being hindered by ipl and then inspected is what really hurt me, I was planing to find allies with my inspection cards, sadly I never got that far, I did not except full inspects as abilities after seeing my ability.

There were some balancing issues though, one was the decision made on the energy cards at the end of turn 0, which screwed over the balance between 3/12 and 4/8. Though it's mostly the abilities:

Full inspects were unexcepted, especially multiple, and it frees up a lot of space inside your deck too. The rest isn't really that they are too good, but compared to some weaker abilities they are much better(mostly complaining that Midou was like unfindable for me bar maybe with Guardian, if it wasn't for ipl tricking him, I don't see how I could have done that).

All together I enjoyed the game, and will keep revenge in mind while making decisions for the next all neutral game(and making contacts lol).

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
yeah I don't think you need much if any damage on your deck. At least not as much as vF though. Especially with World Destruction.

If I had to do it again, I'd just put... way less than 5 damaging cards~ or so. Being defensive wasn't bad at all.

Too bad no one hurt me at all in the whole fucking game (besides those two times that didn't actually do damage to me)

vonFiedler said:
Midou was the first person to come within one kill of victory, then he died. He was killed by askaninjask when there where Nintendos with less HP to target, who was helped by zorbees who needed askaninjask dead :| . It was all kind of a dick situation to be honest.
Crap. First time hearing that aska was the one who killed me, haha. Keep your enemies closer I guess.

Thanks for the game vF, was excellent. Really enjoyed being Red/Yellow; draw cards, information, great attacks, what else you need with free energy per turn? Ended up not bothering with yellow attacks at all with stuff like Jump Attack and Snipe at my disposal.

LW, we always seen to either be on opposing sides or just manage to get in each others way, sorry for the rotten luck for that happening again this game. Did you request Red/Yellow as well?

Also Lesm, thanks for all the help mid-game, looks like me and Veed are in agreement with how reliable you are.

In the end, all I can say is.. its funny how shade had more success as a neutral.

I could've done more with this but I decided to go with some kind of lazy approach: stock up on defensive things, hoping to find others with firepower to do the dirty work. Then for some reason I just decided to just ally with zorbees (since he knew everything), bribing him with my ability which wasn't good for anything else. Ended up biting me in the ass because askaninjask was basically a superior copy of me with a better 1on1 ability and 4 more HP.

aska and I are always enemies and he is always unkillable it's unfair..........

zorbees

Chwa for no reason!
So, I went to UncleSam first and we exchanged the 3 factions from our card. We had none in common, so we didn't need each other dead. I talked to a few more people, and I figured talking to as many people as possible as early as possible would be the best plan. I eventually found dak, and decided not to lie to him for whatever reason, which resulted in us finding out that we were both SEGA. Dak then told me that Lightwolf told him that each color was tied to a faction, and that one of your colors is your faction's color, and the other is your rival's faction's color. This, along with the assumption that rivals were mutual, led me to completing my spreadsheet very quickly. I of course talked to IPL early, and due to some of my figuring out, later realized that he needed Konamis dead like I did. We formed an alliance with GK and nook, but I left Accent/Crux secret because he was my enemy. I worked with dak on killing him but due to danman's fake energy, dak's falcon punch was delayed. Basically, at this point, I was just finding out who was Konami, and who needed Konami's dead, and basically selling out the Konami person to his rival. I felt a win was going to be easy when Mekkah targeted me with the public protection, but I did take one damage which made me a bit confused.

I had to deal with IRL issues, which forced me to idle the last two cycles I was in the game. This probably hurt dak and Mekkah the most. I was going to tell Mekkah some of his enemies and people who needed Sony guys dead, but I wasn't able to. Dak probably would have gotten some more info on his enemies as well.

All in all, fun game. The formulaic nature of the colors and alliances was what led me to win, but imo it also made the game less fun. I don't like the fact that I found out Exarius was a Konami just from getting his colors from UncleSam and playing "process of elimination" with other people's colors.

EDIT: Fear Effect for best card!

Many of you were wondering where your energies went... suffice it to say i drew an energy draining card each turn, followed by a Quick Cintamani stone.

However, i did screw up when i panicked at the end, after Nachos finally realized who his enemy was. The fact that the damage done to be was 4 and 4 - 1 made me think that i was being GECed, so with that i got angry and threw a Rage of the Gods at Nachos. That was the turn i screwed up, as i could have played so many other cards instead.

Anyway, i'll do a veedrock style post.

Turn 0

Basically, me, along with quite a lot of people, looked at Purple. Then we went, useless.

I took it to the other end when i decided to be Anti-Purple and used 2 purple cards total, which were items.

The rest were all practically energy draining, more energy draining, even more energy draining, and GEC / ROTG. So, moving on.

Turn 1

You drew:
Syphon Filter
Cintamani Stone
So The World Might Be Mended

AND an Energy Card
Lucky here. So the world would be mended would grant me 2 energy next turn, and a Cintamani Stone. I immediately drained a person, who i randomed on random.org. It turned out to be Jigglypuffers, so oh well. Draining her.

At this rate i was still out of the loop, so to speak. I didn't know anything of the game yet.

Turn 2

You Drew:
Dormin's Curse
Energy Card

2 Energy (1 Energy Card equipped +1 Energy added this turn)
Again, really lucky. This time my Dormin's curse hit IPL =P. I simply used my ability.

Turn 3

Drew nonsense. However, this was the turn Zorbees found me, which meant the start of me Redirecting everything from Dak to Billymills for like 4 turns in a row. Also i equipped my Cintamani stone this turn ( but didn't realize i could use it the same turn i equipped it). Also, since i was the one with ridiculous energy totals, Dogfish targeted me nonstop with his ability.

Turn 4

By now i knew Nachos was my enemy, so i kept draining him nonstop. Cintamani Stone, Eco, and others.

Turn 5

To set me up further, i got a Holy Materia from someone. Forgot who =P. I got a ROTG this turn, but decided to equip something else instead. I tried to pickpocket Veedrock, who had nothing.

Turn 6

Someone attacked you for 5 damage.

Your Hand:
Rage of the Gods

You Drew:
Dormin's Curse
Golden Axe
Cintamani Stone
Energy Card

Taxi
Cintamani Stone
Syphon Filter
Holy Materia
7 Energy
7 HP
Yeah, by now my hand was becoming ridiculous. Nachos showed his hand, I paid him back in kind with a ROTG. Due to the former Eco + other nonsense, he died.

Turn 7
Someone is forcing you to discard a card. If you do not, your whole hand will be discarded.

Someone attacked you for 4 damage.

Someone gave you 2 extra cards.

Someone gave you a Seaman, giving you 1 HP. It is now equipped.

Your Hand:
Dormin's Curse
Cintamani Stone

You Drew:
Giant Enemy Crab
Eco
Cintamani Ctone
Rage of the Gods
Energy Card

Seaman
Taxi
Syphon Filter
Cintamani Stone
Holy Materia
7 Energy
4 HP
At this point, Nachos was dead. I needed to kill 2 more Nintendo, and was trying to get Dak saved. Then IPL told me that AG and Veed were dying this night. I was killing Billymills, so i decided to go all out.

Equip Energy Card
Dormin's Curse HD
Giant Enemy Crab Billymills
Eco Fangren (Tagged, if possible)
Give Equipped Seaman to Danmantican (+HP)
Give Equipped Cintamani Stone to Zorbees
Yeah, that basically finished it up. Billy and Fangren both died, while HD was left injured with -2 energy.

Conclusion

Basically, my whole job in the Sega team was to ATTACK, ATTACK, and ATTACK somemore! Blue was a really good color for attacking, and since i played pure blue, I decided to follow orders on attacking. It really proves the point that while attacking i could slip in a ROTG to Nachos and not even be bothered. The reason why i built my deck like that was because i was wanting to do this as a solo game, but somehow Zorbees found me, so why not.

Anyway, thanks for the game =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)