Carta's Art Thread - If You're Willing to Call it "Art"

I hardly consider myself to be an artist and I don't have much experience creating images, but a lot of people here make awesome work and it seems like fun. With that in mind, I've decided to try my hand at some pictures.

I appreciate comments, criticisms, advice, and/or subtle death threats!

Unown-B Drawing (2/10/13)

Voltorb Drawing (Shamelessly Rushed) (2/10/13)

Ditto Doodle (Shamelessly Rushed) (2/10/13)

If I'm doing something wrong, I would appreciate it if you let me know!

First I'd recommend reading the Smeargles Studio Rules. You really need to have a minimum of 3 pieces of artwork to submit before creating a thread, if you have any other drawings you could add to the OP, regardless of the quality it would be good to add them as it will prevent the thread getting locked.

On another note, nice drawing. It's pretty simple, and I'd suggest trying a more dynamic pokemon in the future but it's neat and well shaded.

First I'd recommend reading the Smeargles Studio Rules. You really need to have a minimum of 3 pieces of artwork to submit before creating a thread, if you have any other drawings you could add to the OP, regardless of the quality it would be good to add them as it will prevent the thread getting locked.

On another note, nice drawing. It's pretty simple, and I'd suggest trying a more dynamic pokemon in the future but it's neat and well shaded.
Thank you! I've gone ahead and read the rules, so I think I'll be better off now. I've added another drawing and will see if I can finish one more soon so that I'm not violating any community guidelines.

Furthermore, I'd like to try making more dynamic Pokemon in the future, and I'd like to draw them in more original poses, but I'm not sure how to approach that. I'll have to look around a bit for some tutorials.

Since I assume you're finishing your third drawing now, I'll comment on the two. They're nice, and quite nicely shaded (the voltorb looks like it's done with some sort of gradient tool), but as you say the posing isnt original/dynamic, you've really just used circles and lines. To get posing better, do a sketch first. With the flexibility of the sketch you can play around with it to get a good-looking, dynamic pose.
Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)