Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is one of the most popular Pokemon in UU at the moment, with a great typing, a great ability, and the ability to perform a variety of roles. Perhaps its best set is its Choice Band set, which instantly turns it into a powerful revenge killer and pivot. Bullet Punch is boosted by STAB and Technician and is incredibly useful to revenge kill the likes of Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Altaria, two very dangerous Pokemon that are not easily revenge killed by other methods. U-turn will do great chip damage to even Pokemon that resist it and can wear down teams by continually forcing foes to switch as well as keeping the upper hand with momentum. Scizor needs to be cautious when facing Magneton, as it can easily trap and KO Scizor. It also needs to be careful of the not uncommon Hidden Power Fire from Latias, Amoonguss, and others. Scizor is extremely good at forcing switches and keeping momentum up, so it benefits greatly from Pokemon that can set up hazards. Swampert is particularly good for its type synergy with Scizor, and Klefki can be good to relieve pressure in countering Latias, which Scizor may have trouble with. The given EV spread gives enough Speed investment to outpace Adamant Azumarill.

Last edited:

pokemonisfun

Banned deucer.
I give this a check if the following stuff are changed (if I'm allowed to as VR person, if not, my apologies, I hope these comments help the actual check person).

• Reword Bullet Punch sentence so instead of focusing on coverage, you focus on its power because its coverage isn't so great
  • Pursuit should be in a different sentence from superpower since its not for coverage, its for trapping
  • Would mention just that Magneton can trap Scizor, the bullet punch thing doesn't seem necessary since it always traps Scizor if its on the field
  • Be more selective when talking about hazard setters that pair well, Swampert is good for type synergy, Klefki can be good to relieve pressure in countering Latias for example but you should mention these things
This is really well written and informative in my opinion. You don't need me to mention it, but I will anyways, you cover all the parts of Scizor that are important, from the moves to the EVs to the role in metagame. Excellent job.

lotiasite

undedgy
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Scizor is one of the most popular Pokemon in UU at the moment, with a great typing, a great (or other adjective, just need parallelism) ability, and the ability to perform a variety of roles. Perhaps its best set is its Choice Band set, which instantly turns it into a powerful revenge killer and pivot. Bullet Punch is boosted by STAB and Technician, with its and is incredibly useful power being able to revenge kill the likes of Mega Aerodactyl and Mega Altaria, two very dangerous Pokemon that are not easily revenge killed by other methods. U-turn will do great chip damage to even Pokemon that resist it, (RC) and can wear down teams by continually forcing foes to switch and keep as well as keeping (sounds like "forcing foes to keep the upper hand with momentum") the upper hand with momentum. Superpower allows great coverage to hit Steel-types such as Stakataka. Pursuit can be used to trap Ghost-types such as Alolan Marowak and Gengar. (this isnt an analysis, you dont need to say what each move does. bullet punch and u-turn bullets are ok bc they are relevant to what scizor does in the tier.) Scizor needs to be cautious when facing Magneton, as it can easily trap and KO Scizor. It also needs to be careful from of the not uncommon Hidden Power Fire from Latias, Amoonguss, and others. Scizor is extremely good at forcing switches and keeping momentum up, so it benefits greatly from Pokemon which that can set up hazards. Swampert is particularly good for its type synergy with Scizor, and Klefki can be good to relieve pressure in countering Latias, (AC) which Scizor may have trouble with. The given EV spread gives enough speed to outpace Adamant Azumaril while maximizing attack, with the remaining EVs invested in HP to increase Scizor's longevity. (same with the moves part, no need to say what the evs do)

not bad, just remember the spotlight writing tips that p^2 outlined in the introduction. 1/1

finished, tagging P Squared to let her know I'm done and also to acknowledge that I left the sentence about the spread in on the basis that I was specifically told to mention what the spread did by QC members in the UU discord. I'll remove it if p^2 says I should. (talked with lotiasite about this on sim)

[10:24 PM] pluviometer: the speed mention is worthwhile, but the “while maximizing attack and put the rest in hp” is not
[10:24 PM] pluviometer: so just reduce that to the speed part

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)