item: Life Orb
ability: Natural Cure
nature: Timid
evs: 252 SATK/252 SPE
ivs: 22 ATK/30 DEF

Why this set deserves to be on-site:
-Extremely effective on taking out common leads
-Has important differences from the current on-site lead set
-Can net surprise kills on Salamence, Tyranitar, and Metagross, etc.
-Good at setting up rocks

Additional comments:
-Hidden Power Fire
-U-Turn
-Psychic

Teammates and counters:
-Works well with ScarfTar, Gyarados, other bulky waters
-Countered by Scizor/Skarm without HP Fire, countered by Dragons without HP Ice, Blissey, Snorlax, Cresselia
-Checked by Starmie, Infernape, ScarfTar, Scizor, Heatran

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Did you miss the rule about not naming sets after yourself?

I fail to see how this is an Anti-Lead in any way, since faster leads such as Scarf Jirachi, Infernape and Azelf will just take the opportunity to set up Rocks on you and then U-Turn out, possibly OHKOing you.

HP Ice with 31/30/30/31/31/31 is also illegal with Timid Nature.

You only prevent Entry Hazards from going up against slower leads, setting up your own entry hazards makes you a normal lead as opposed to an anti-lead, I'm pretty sure this set wouldn't work due to poor typing/speed match-ups with other leads, and the moves you've given it. If I were going for a proper anti-lead Celebi I'd probably have U-Turn, Thunder Wave, Earth Power and something else.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Seems kinda like a worse version of the lead set already on site here. How many Salamence leads are you going to see? What KOs does LO give? Even if there are advantages which you can show, why can't these options be mentioned or otherwise included in the existing set?

This set is far inferior to the current Celebi lead set, which can beat things like Heatran and handle Fire-type attacks from Pokemon like Azelf. No from me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)