Rejected Changing Tauros-F and Tauros-W's names in the teambuilder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
According to the Spelling and Grammar Standards, Tauros-Fire and Tauros-Water are to be referred to as Tauros-B and Tauros-A, respectively. Since this is the proper way of referring to Tauros' formes, I'd argue that they should be renamed on Pokémon Showdown! to "Taruos-Blaze" and "Tauros-Aqua" as to not confuse newer players, who likley will not understand what Tauros-B and Tauros-A stand for in analysis.

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but: I think the ship has already sailed on forme names. Both internally and on other sites that use PS naming conventions/data, these forme names have been in use for a few months. Changing them now could break a lot of things. Potentially it would be easier to just change the standards for C&C?

Aqua Jet

Stardew
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Someone can correct me if i'm wrong but: I think the ship has already sailed on forme names. Both internally and on other sites that use PS naming conventions/data, these forme names have been in use for a few months. Changing them now could break a lot of things. Potentially it would be easier to just change the standards for C&C?
Pinging GP leaders Astra and Rabia for their input on this since ultimately they have the final desision on the C&C side (to my knowledge). My two cents on the issue is that I think that having a unified naming system would be beneficial for newer players trying to pick up the naming conventions of Smogon and Pokémon Showdown!, and would rather this not turn into another Rotom-C vs. Rotom-Mow case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)