VGC Charizard

yuki

Huh? Me? Not this time...
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Charizard-Gmax @ Charti Berry
Ability: Solar Power
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blast Burn
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Protect

The harsher the battle, the hotter Charizard's flame burns. Blast Burn and especially G-Max Wildfire are absolutely fearsome attacks, melting down practically any neutral foe in the metagame, most notably securing advantageous matchups against Zacian-C, Solgaleo, and even Dialga. Hurricane gives Charizard its strongest Max Airstream which allows it to continue firing off powerful attacks while outspeeding all unboosted foes except Regieleki. Air Slash is a fair bit more accurate in sun. Ancient Power is a more recent development in the metagame that serves to blast opposing Charizard away with Max Rockfall. Charti Berry is absolutely pivotal for the current sun mirror matchups, helping Charizard thwart the opposing Charizard's Max Rockfall and Groudon's Stone Edge with ease. With back-to-back regionals wins, this sun team is sure to appear more and more, making Charti Berry an absolute necessity.

If you would like to use Gigantamax Charizard, here is Chongjun Peng's Salt Lake City regionals-winning team! https://pokepast.es/017102dcf9b8a22a

Last edited by a moderator:
i think this reads a bit too much like an analysis? i would highlight more that charti berry is huge for zard in the sun mirror, which is important because the team has won 2 straight regionals and your matchup vs it is probably the most important thing to focus on currently

content is fine though, 1/1 when done

Adeleine

after committing a dangerous crime
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Add/Fix Remove Comment
(AC): Add Comma

Charizard-Gmax @ Charti Berry
Ability: Solar Power
Level: 50
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blast Burn
- Hurricane / Air Slash
- Ancient Power
- Protect

The harsher the battle, the hotter Charizard's flame burns. Blast Burn and especially G-Max Wildfire is an are absolutely fearsome attacks, (optional add: "the latter") melting down practically any neutral hit foe in the metagame, most notably matching up advantageously into securing advantageous matchups against Zacian-C, Solgaleo, (AC) and even Dialga. Blast Burn tears through the vast majority of the metagame with its immense power. Hurricane gives Charizard its strongest Max Airstream, giving it invaluable speed control that which allows it to continue firing off powerful attacks while outspeeding all unboosted foes except Regieleki. Air Slash is a fair bit more accurate under sun, which lets Charizard consistently get off powerful attacks. in sun. Ancient Power is a more recent development in the metagame that serves to blast opposing Charizard away with Max Rockfall. Charti Berry is absolutely pivotal for the current Sun mirror, with it sun mirror matchups, (if the teams in this "mirror" are literally identical, remove the "s" in "matchups") helping Charizard thwart off the opposing Charizard's Max Rockfall and Groudon's Stone Edge with ease. With back-to-back regionals wins, this sun team is sure to appear more and more, (AC) making this Charti Berry an absolute necessity.

If you would like to use Gigantamax Charizard (optional add: "yourself"), here is Chongjun Peng's Salt Lake City regionals-winning (add hyphen) team! https://twitter.com/ChongjunVGC

finland-GP.gif
1/1

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
i implemented the check, but 2 things

1) i changed the twitter URL to the pokepaste URL in Chongjun's tweet
2) i didn't remove "use" from the last sentence because it doesnt really make sense to remove it there

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)