ORAS NU Chawizawd Offense

It's been too long...

After almost a year of not making any RMTs, your boy, Marcus the Boss, is back, with another team. I started off with Yung Charry and attempted to build a more offensive team.

The Team

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charizard @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Like I said, I started off with Charizard. I went with a LO 3 atks set because it's power. Fire Blast does hella damage to a lot of stuff. Air Slash is a pretty decent secondary STAB and can hit fighting types like Hariyama, also KOs grass types so I don't have to risk Fire Blast. HP Grass hits up Gastro and Lanturn for decent damage, and Roost is a good recovery option to heal off damage from Life Orb or Hazards. It's also pretty good to click on a predicted switch so I can save Charry for later. I'm pretty sure those are the IVs for HP Grass, don't quote me on that doe.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Next on the roster is Shiftry. I've used a set like this on a previous RMT, but I had Extrasensory > Defog, but on this team, since I have a Zard, hazard control was required. I actually did have Extrasensory when I had that Kabutops, as that was the spinner, but then I didn't have Rocks, which lead to me giving this Defog. I replaced Kabutops with Rhydon; I was gonna get a lead Archeops up in there but I didn't like having a suicide lead and a defogger on the same squad. I should probably change the nature to Mild, just for the extra power; I don't know for sure, but I'm considering it.

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Next up on the roster is Donner, just the standard Rocks Variant. Checks Normal types, Flying types, and is decent against Fires. I can also scout for T-Waves by bringing it in. There really isn't much to say here; it's the standard Rhydon set. Megahorn nails Malamar or Grass Types that think they can switch in. Against Scythers and Swellows I like to either EQ or Megahorn, to catch peeps slippin if they're tryna switch into something on a predicted Stealth Rock. Lightningrod so that I'm still immune to Electric, just in case someone aims for the horn.

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Up next is Garb, that's it. Like Rhydon, there really isn't much to say here. Clicks Spikes and T-Spikes. Has 2 attacking moves. Switches into physical fighting types, like Gurdurr or Hitmonchan. Also switches into things that will u-turn or something, for the crisp Rocky Helmet damage. Seed Bomb does a clean zero to Rhydon, but does decent damage against stuff like Kabutops, or Barb and Omastar if I catch them slippin' tryna set up.

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Scarf Jynx is the fifth Pokemon here. Pretty cool at revenge killing, and catching someone off guard if they expect to outspeed with an Archeops or something. Trick is cool against slower bulkier teams because I'll probably still outspeed everything if I use Trick to remove something's item. Focus Blast hits up stuff like Omastar and Aggron. There's that miss chance, but for those of y'all who don't know me: when you're me, Focus Blast (and Fire Blast) doesn't miss. Unfortunately the trade off is that everything else misses.

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

To top it off, I got Hariyama. I could probably run a bit more Speed EVs, but whatever. I like pivoting around this, Rhydon, and Garb. You know how it do. Switch into Donner on a Potential Flying move, into Hariyama on the potential HP Grass from most fires, and stuff like that. If they Will-O-Wisp my next play is to cry myself to sleep, because I'm not Guts and don't have a way to heal the status. I don't know if I could find a way to fit Heal Bell or HW on the team. Maybe.

Conclusion

I think this team is cool. It was built by me so you already know it's great. idk if this would count as offense but probably. Also it was called "Chawizawd Offense" on my teambuilder.

Bullshit. I'm not referring to the legendary Tauros + Muk offense core on the screen (if that even exists LOL; i really hope someone builds that. #BullshitOffense) But you guys all know the biggest weakness for any team. Lucky Players. Bullshit moments like the Fire Blast burns, the Gunk Shot misses, the Shadow Ball/Earth Power/Flash Cannon SpDef drop that prevents you from living the next one, and everyone's least favorites, the TBolt Paras and Ice Beam Freezes. Especially crit para full paras or crit freezes. I hate it all. Getting haxed makes up for about 99.8% of my losses; the other .2%, I'm either memeing, or I got CT'ed and lost. In all seriousness, Tauros probably poses a decent threat to this team if Rhydon gets worn down before I can weaken Tauros enough. Luckily tho, Tauros always be missing.

Offensive Psychic Types. It's to be expected; Psychic as a type is broken offensively. Ice is also broken offensively, so Jynx is probably a bigger threat to the team than Mesprit or Xatu. My best bets are trying not to get predicted with Shiftry, and the fact that Charry outspeeds every psychic except for the occasional Kadabra. Jynx can also catch a Bullet Punch after Rocks from Yung Hari, but if rocks aren't up it could be a problem because I don't have fake out. Jynx can't actually switch into anything on this team without taking a huge hit anyway, except for maybe my Jynx's Ice Beam.

Replacing Jynx with an SR Mesprit and changing Rhydon do Rock Polish SD. Idk if that would help with the team's weaknesses, but it would give me access to a pretty good setup sweeper.

Replacing the current Charizard set with an SD WoW variant. Not sure how much it'd help in the end, but it could possibly be a decent option on this squad.

Call me insane for this last one, but what if I replaced Charizard with some weird-ass offensive Rocks Camel, replaced Donner to bring back Kabutops for the Spin support, and changed Shiftry to an SD set? I don't know, I'm thinking of random stuff at this point.

Charizard @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Fire Blast
- Air Slash
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Roost

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dark Pulse
- Defog
- Sucker Punch

Rhydon @ Eviolite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rock Blast
- Megahorn
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Toxic Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Seed Bomb

Jynx @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Dry Skin
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psyshock
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Trick

Hariyama @ Assault Vest
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 SpD / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

http://pastebin.com/LMxT2mEU

Originally I started off with Charizard / Shiftry / Kabutops FWG, ft. Special Shiftry and Kabutops to spin, but then my team didn't have Stealth Rock. At first, I decided that giving Shiftry Defog and Kabutops Rocks would be a good way to fix that, but then decided that either Rhydon or Lead Archeops would fit better on the squad.

shoutouts - everyone

bye.

Last edited:
This team is pretty good so not much that can be changed, but one thing you can do is move 44 EVs into Defense on Hariyama. This allows you to survive Scarf / Sash Jynx Psyshock even after Stealth Rock, and allows you to survive Life Orb Tauros Zen Headbutt most of the time after SR (previously, this could kill you from full HP). It helps for other random things like random Psyshocks, living +2 Lum Waterfall from Samurott after Rocks, etc. but Jynx / Tauros are the main reason I suggest doing this.

I also think you can get away with using Mild over Hasty on Shiftry, b/c there isn't too much in that Speed range aside from +Speed Hitmonchan and Samurott that you need to outspeed anyways. That said, Samurott is Kind Of A Big Deal so maybe it'd be best to keep Hasty.

yogi

I did not succumb...
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey, thought I had replied to this lol.

DTC - most rotts and chans will runs a +atk/+spa and +atk natures, respectively, so mild is better and has basically no drawbacks.

So on to a few suggestions:

On Garbodor I'd definitely run Focus Blast>Seed Bomb, mainly due to how much strain aggron puts on this team, and focus blast kills even with a -spa nature.
0- SpA Garbodor Focus Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Aggron: 312-368 (111 - 130.9%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This just gives you more of a way of dealing with it.

Considering you're also spike-stack, i'd run Fake Out>Earthquake on Hariyama, because besides garbodor you're not hitting too much with it anyways and your team appreciates the extra damage. This also helps deal chip damage for jynx to revenge kill/sweep when needed.

Overall though a pretty solid team Marcus, with a decent amount of offensive pressure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)