Checks and counters included in threat lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe that alongside each threat on a threat list, there should be a list of viable Pokemon that check and counter it. Typically threat lists are used to improve a team, by listing threats that may trouble said team. Adding checks and counters to the threats would bring this a step further by showing users of the threat list the Pokemon that solve their weakness to a threat rather than just giving them knowledge of the threat. In addition, threat lists are usually used by inexperienced people, or those new to a metagame. These are the sorts of people who would benefit from additional information about how to handle a threat, and this could be accomplished by listing checks and counters next to each one. Please consider.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
This is easily done by clicking the link to the Pokemon's analysis page that's provided within the threatlist. The purpose of the threatlist is to provide a quick reference list or checklist that someone can use to make sure their team is covering each threat as they're team building. It's not meant to go into much depth, as then it loses its original purpose.

This is my take anyway, if there's more support to include checks and counters along with the threatlist then, ok, I'm for it. But, for now I'm just going to say that it's just yet another thing that would take up time and resources for something that isn't quite needed, especially considering we have a hard time keeping the threatlists up to date as it is lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)