OUPL Champion
1604153148245.png
1604136570378.png
1604136640191.png
1604136677589.png
1604136713493.png
1604136788157.png
1604136695575.png

This team has been sitting for ages in my builder and most people know about its effectiveness. Due to people just expecting me to bring it every time since its basically my personal RegiMola, I have decided to finally release it to the public. I have to rely on the few other teams i have right now in RUPL since it will get counterteamed anyways lol. The teams main defensive backbone dubbed by Tony as Holy Trifecta aka Diancie, Alomomola and Xatu, is something that i often incorporate into builds because they complement each other perfectly, with a little defensive help from Golbat in taking on grasses. Drapion is the ultimate revenge killer utility mon that the tier has to offer and PUP Seismitoad is always a solid wincon. Consider it an ode to ORAS RU, because this team is the embodiment of how I love to play the tier.

1604144812443.png

Diancie @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Def / 36 SpA / 164 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Diancie is the rocker of choice on this team, picked over Registeel to help check big threats like bulky setup Dark-types. Its also one of the best clerics in the tier. The HP evs let it hit a lefties number, the defense is for iron head Scrafty, the spatk lets it break Braviary subs and the rest is pumped into spdef.

Alomomola @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 120 HP / 136 Def / 252 SpD
Impish Nature
- Scald
- Knock Off
- Wish
- Protect

Just the standard old mola spread. Can also run Toxic with some speed evs to help vs Jellicent over Knock Off but i prefer the extra insurance vs sub Meloettas. Not gonna spend too much words on this one lol.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 212 HP / 72 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Power-Up Punch
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

The ol subpupper. This thing is so hard to counter as a wincon and brings a ton of defensive utility to my team as well with its typing. The HP evs let it live stosses with its subs. The speed is for neutral base 70s like Magneton and at the same time acts as creep vs defensive venus. The rest is just pumped into attack to hit hard.

Xatu @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 176 Def / 24 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Heat Wave
- Toxic
- U-turn
- Roost

My main switchin vs the defensive rockers like Registeel. As my attacking move I picked Heat Wave over Night Shade to help vs Magnetons and Escavaliers, as they can get out hand if they run the right coverage/set. Toxic is great to not be helpless against Alomomola, Slowking and Flygon. U-turn vs Tect is hard but in the end i opted for U-turn to bring in Drapion/Seismitoad more safely.

Drapion @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Drapion is handsdown the best scarfer in the tier and acts as a great glue defensively and offensively, keeping Virizion and Sigilyph at bay. Its also one of the few scarfers that has enough bulk to keep receiving wishes from Mola. Besides that it also acts as a Tspike absorber, since Golbat isnt grounded. I used to have Tspikes of my own or Ice Fang for Flygon as the last slot here, but without EQ opposing Drapion just become too much of a threat. Without Adamant Drapion can feel fairly weak, but Jolly lets you outspeed the rare +2 Omastar, a real tossup.

Golbat @ Eviolite
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 12 Atk / 72 SpD / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Toxic

Golbat makes up for the Holy Trifectas weakness by countering every Venusaur set. It is also able to handle certain rockers that Xatu has trouble beating, such as Druddigon and Diancie. Toxic is great since Infiltrator lets you beat opposing subpup toads among other threats. The evs have changed a lot over time. 12 atk evs are for Abomasnow while the speed gives my team a better shot vs Jolly base 80s like Gallade and Medicham. Rest is dumped into spdef.

Threatlist:

-
1604151349967.png
/
1604151409358.png

These two are abolute danger if they turn out to be non-choiced. Magneton has to be Timid Hidden Power Grass to pose a threat fortunately.

-
1604151744359.png

Hits everything at least neutral on the team and gets up spikes very easily.

Thx for reading. This team is solid enough to still use in RUPL if youre ever out of ideas, I just wont be using it as much anymore because its too expected of me. Big shoutout to TonyFlygon for the name(tagging just so he can yell at my move orders), the rest of Team Europe and the Leviathans for somehow still keeping me motivated to play the game.

Ciao.

IMPORT

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)