Chillin Like A Villain

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
I've been wanting to build a team around medicham for quite a while now. Although design wise I like gallade better I was attracted to the raw power that medicham has with pure power + a base 130 STAB attack. I personally thought scarf medicham would be the easiest to build around since I can have some other neat offensive threats to work with alongside it.

Villain (Medicham) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pure Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Psycho Cut
- Thunder Punch
- Trick

Well here it is, the star of the team. Even without a life orb this gal is really damn powerful. It's secondary STAB is also really neat for hitting poison types which generally wall fighting types pretty well. Medicham acts as both a wallbreaker and revenge killer (although moreso revenge killer) that appreciates being able to be sent out freely without any ghosts and click HJK. Obviously psycho cut is there for amoonguss and the like. Thunder Punch is surprisingly more useful then ice punch since it hits stuff like slowking and sigilyph which resist the other moves. I have trick in the last slot but honestly it hasn't been that useful. I'm considering putting drain punch or baton pass on instead. I want to hear what you guys think about that.

Fluffy Beard (Absol) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Play Rough

Absol is a really cool RU mon which synergized pretty well with medicham helping it click HJK more freely by taking out ghosts. I chose to run SD absol over AoA cause I thought the power it brings would be extremely useful. I usually prefer psycho cut > play rough due to getting a cheeky 50% crit chance and hitting emboar harder but I ran play rough instead because spiritomb can otherwise be a bit annoying.

Sn4k3 (Steelix-Mega) (M) @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 76 SpD / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
Next up I splashed on the most splashable RU mon. It gave me stealth rocks as well as an EZ mode answer to fairies which are annoying for the previous mons. Honestly this thing is so standard I really don't know what else to say about it.

Kim Jong Eel (Eelektross) (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse

Well now bulky waters were looking a bit annoying and eelektross solved that problem really well. It also gives me slow volt switch to bring in powerful attackers such as absol more easily. I'm running dragon pulse on it which is a bit unorthodox but it lures and 2HKOs physically defensive druddigon (
252+ SpA Eelektross Dragon Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Druddigon: 192-228 (53.6 - 63.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery) which HP ice fails to do and also 2HKOs offensive flygon which is pretty nice also.

Venusaur (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Sunny Day
- Solar Beam
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]

To further help my matchup against bulky waters I added a venusaur. I wanted to try out this offensive self setting set which to be fair has been doing alright but since you need to be in sun for solarbeam to be of any use then it might not be the best choice. I really would like to hear suggestions on this one since I'm pretty unsure about it.

Ban It Already (Tyrantrum) (M) @ Stone Plate
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Polish
- Head Smash
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Lastly I added a tyrantrum as a good late game cleaner that hits extremely hard with adamant, stone plate boosted, head smashes. It also has a very useful 4x resistance to fire which helped out my team a lot. As the name implies I honestly hope tyrantrum gets resuspected soon but maybe it's best not to get my hopes up.

So that wraps up the RMT. Hope all of you enjoyed it and think this is a good team. Who knows maybe I might even see someone else using it on the ladder after I post this. Thank you for reading this and staying around this long. :)

feen

control
is a Top Tiering Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Okay so the team looks pretty fine but there are a couple of things that seem odd to me. Choice Scarf Medicham is both a wallbreaker and a cleaner, which makes Tyrantrum's set and role pretty redundant. Having Tyrantrum also makes your weakness to Flygon demeaning and also gives your team a big weakness to Fighting-types, especially Medicham. Another problem I see is that Mega Camerupt can decimate your team, as your team lacks any proper switch in to it. There's also a big weakness to Houndoom and Delphox, because despite Tyrantrum being 4x resistant to Fire-type moves, Dark Pulse and Psychic respectively can beat it, as Tyrantrum isn't outspeeding it. Therefore, your team really appreciates a nice Pokemon that can check Fire-types easily. Thus, the best option is to use a bulky Flygon over Tyrantrum, as it can check Camerupt, Delphox, and Houndoom easily. Flygon also gives your team a much needed Defog user, as your team is very susceptible to Sticky Web, because you have no fast Ground-type immunity. Another thing you can benefit from having Flygon is a slower U-Turn user, which can bring in frail Pokemon like Medicham and Absol safely.

I also fail to see why you have Eelektross in the team, as bulk Water-types are easily dealt by Venusaur and Absol can take care of Slowking too. Eelektross also increases your weakness to Medicham and makes it harder for you to KO it at all given you lose the Speed tie with your own Medicham. As I said before, Flygon also is a pretty dangerous threat to your team, as specially offensive can put massive pressure on your team. Eelektross also gives you a nice way to bring in frail Pokemon like Medicham and Absol safely, but that issue is solved by Flygon. Therefore, this slot can focus on checking the Pokemon and aiding the team overall. As a result, running a Thunder Wave Slowking over Eelektross is a great option, as Slowking provides a secondary check to Mega Camerupt and Delphox, as well as Fighting-types like Medicham. Slowking also benefits the team by spamming Thunder Wave, which gives Absol and Medicham have an easier time dealing with the team.

Swords Dance Absol is good, but you'd appreciate more of a breaker than a sweeper on your team due to Medicham being the cleaner. So, the team strategy should be: break Pokemon with Absol and wear them down, then use Medicham to clean the weakened team. Another issue I can see is that Medicham is inviting a lot of Fairy-type Pokemon, as Psycho Cut has a lower base power than Zen Headbutt. So due to these reasons, Absol set should be All-Out Attacker while Medicham should run Zen Headbutt. Mega Steelix is your only Fletchinder check and so running Stone Edge over Roar is the best option.

Lastly, that Venusaur set is very very situational and you're better off running Synthesis and Leaf Storm, as Venusaur is your Water-type check and it appreciates having longevity which makes it outclass Tangrowth.

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 116 Def / 116 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- Defog
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Roost

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 224 HP / 184 Def / 76 SpD / 24 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Absol @ Life Orb
Ability: Super Luck
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower
- Iron Tail / Pursuit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)