Other Metagames Chimera OMOTM RMT: FakeSpeed core & friends.

Hey all, Been loving this month's Leader's Choice meta: chimera, and made a really fun team with a lot of different combos and huge potential I thought I'd like to share.

Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam
- Roar of Time

Arceus is the forefront of the team, the beginning and end of souls that face this team. Along with kecleon and eevee, they are the main FakeSpeeders of the team, where I can use a combination of arceus-kecloeon-eevee-kyurem, this team shines the best. You can also use this mon's ability to get around opponents who rely on skill swap, as multi-type cannot be swapped. I can also use this mons stats if I need an espeeder with more speed. The moveset is for 2 different sets, which I'll get into later.

Kecleon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Knock Off
The second FakeSpeeder of the team, but is usually just the item holder. This mons utility in the team is invaluable, providing protean and a very good moveset for coverage can turn a threat from dangerous to destructive. When paired with either arceus or eevee it can provide a stall set which can beat most forms of cheese (skill swap truant/normalize, things of the sort), or give kyurem the coverage it needs to break through opposing threats.

Eevee @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Toxic

Doesn't really need any other moves other than for the stall set, this mon is all about it's ability. Sometimes filling it's item in instead, this completes the team's utility, with adaptability and a life orb, it provides the strength behind arceus' or kyruem's attacks, 'nuff said.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Claw

The main passer of stats to the team, and sometimes the body as well, this mon's monstrous stats make sure we can kill all the things. choice scarf is there so that you can outspeed opposing fake speeders who might be using deo-attack/kartana/slaking instead, also just incase you don't want to risk the speed tie with opposing Kyurem-B. Ability is also nice when dealing with sturdy/disguise/multiscale/fur coat etc that stop you from winning. The other main thing this can do is be the body of another set: a protean or adaptability special wallbreaker. Combined with either LO protean or dragonium/normalium z adaptability, it can reach new levels of insane power capable of breaking the toughest of walls.

Rayquaza @ Leftovers
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent

Rayquaza has 3 different roles on the team: Provide it's stats to kyurem when it's the lead, Use it's leftovers on the stall set, and use it's moveset for the FakeSpeeders and another set I'll explain in scrafty's description. Espeed + earthquake gives some good coverage for the FakeSpeeders to use, and the other 2 moves are for scrafty's set.

Scrafty @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Beam
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick

Scrafty also has three roles. Fake out for the FakeSpeeders, Dragonium z on one of the kyurem sets, and it's stats are used in the stall set. Usually, what holds this pokemon back from being a huge tanking threat is it's x4 weakness to fairy, as well as it's weakness to fighting, both of which are common typings. But now with a normal type, we can remove it's biggest threat, and instead give it new life, complete with recovery and a good ability. The other moves are for one of kyurem black's sets, with dark pulse and hyper beam. This is mainly for the protean set, however the hyper beam is there for the normalium z adaptability set. It isn't as strong, but can help against fairy types when needed. Finally, it can also be used as a niche protean set with kyrem's stats and arceus and rayquaza's movesets to blow past other threats the rest of this team can't touch. Just imagine a LO stab V-create coming from a kyurem-black and you'll see what I mean.

Overall this team is REALLY fun to use, and most of the time just wins for free, but you have to choose carefully around what the opponent might have that can beat you. It has the tools to compete with the top offensive builds, and can also deal with cheese and stall. I also seem to keep finding new ways to use the team in very specific situations. Give it a go and see how you like it! Also leave a comment on what you think of the team!

PS. Here's the spread sheet

and here's the importable
Arceus @ Life Orb
Ability: Multitype
Jolly Nature
- Shadow Force
- Extreme Speed
- Ice Beam
- Roar of Time

Kecleon @ Normalium Z
Ability: Protean
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Recover
- Knock Off

Eevee @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Protect
- Toxic
- Detect
- Baton Pass

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
Jolly Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Claw

Rayquaza @ Leftovers
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- V-create
- Dragon Ascent

Scrafty @ Dragonium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hyper Beam
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)