Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch/Superpower

Crawdaunt has recently risen in popularity due to its devastating raw power and its good matchup against common defensive cores like Hippowdon and Empoleon. Choice Band pushes Crawdaunt’s offensive capabilities even further and allows it to single-handedly 2HKO or OHKO almost the entire UnderUsed metagame. Lately, Superpower has even been used to remove Hydreigon, which is lured in by typical sets. Crawdaunt also loves the rising popularity of Spikes Offense due to the extra entry hazards chipping defensive Pokemon so that Crawdaunt can muscle through them. Crawdaunt’s most glaring flaws are its poor Speed and lackluster bulk, so pairing it with VoltTurn users such as Mega Manectric and Scizor are the way to go as they allow Crawdaunt to safely switch in. Crawdaunt also appreciates Mega Manectric’s Intimidate to decrease the power of incoming attacks. Other teammates include Cobalion and Kommo-o, as Crawdaunt can weaken their defensive answers to open up a late-game sweep.

Last edited:

Hilomilo

High-low My-low
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Honestly not a huge fan of the first sentence. Sounds a little overly cheesy even for a spotlight, so I'd find a better way to emphasize how scary its breaking capabilities can be. Right now I think the rest of the spotlight reads a little too much like an analysis and needs more flow, so I'd try using some more transitions to more smoothly link the sentences together.

As for circumventing the analysis feel, I think you should remove "Crawdaunt is also easily capable of placing your opponent into uncomfortable 50/50s once it gets on the field as the majority of Crawdaunt switch-ins do not want to take its opposite STAB and vice versa." and use the extra character space to talk about specific teams it can fit well on, like the rising Spikes offense builds we've seen recently and offensive builds in general. Elaborate as to why, and maybe list some more options for teammates. Sweepers like Cobalion and Kommo-o are good options since they appreciate Crawdaunt's ability to weaken the opposing team for them to more easily muscle through late-game.

PM me on Discord or tag me here when this is implemented. Just wanna get a final look at it, but good work for a first spotlight! :)

Honestly not a huge fan of the first sentence. Sounds a little overly cheesy even for a spotlight, so I'd find a better way to emphasize how scary its breaking capabilities can be. Right now I think the rest of the spotlight reads a little too much like an analysis and needs more flow, so I'd try using some more transitions to more smoothly link the sentences together.

As for circumventing the analysis feel, I think you should remove "Crawdaunt is also easily capable of placing your opponent into uncomfortable 50/50s once it gets on the field as the majority of Crawdaunt switch-ins do not want to take its opposite STAB and vice versa." and use the extra character space to talk about specific teams it can fit well on, like the rising Spikes offense builds we've seen recently and offensive builds in general. Elaborate as to why, and maybe list some more options for teammates. Sweepers like Cobalion and Kommo-o are good options since they appreciate Crawdaunt's ability to weaken the opposing team for them to more easily muscle through late-game.

PM me on Discord or tag me here when this is implemented. Just wanna get a final look at it, but good work for a first spotlight! :)
Thank you Hilo does this look good to you?

Electrolyte

Wouldn't Wanna Know
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
donezoed
add remove (comments)

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch(add space)/(add space)Superpower
Crawdaunt has found a lot of rising popularity currently recently risen in popularity due to how its devastating its raw power is along with and its good matchup against common defensive cores like Hippowdon and Empoleon. The Choice Band pushes Crawdaunt’s offensive capabilities even farther further and allows it to single-(add hyphen)handedly 2HKO or OHKO almost the entire UnderUsed metagame. Lately, Superpower has even been used to remove Hydreigon, which is lured in by typical sets. Crawdaunt also loves the rising popularity of Spikes Offense due to the extra entry hazards chipping defensive Pokemon so that Crawdaunt can muscle through them. Superpower even finds itself on some Crawdaunt sets mainly to lure and remove Hydreigon. (this is really out of place) Crawdaunt’s most glaring flaws are its poor Speed and lackluster bulk,(AC) so pairing it with VoltTurn users such as Mega Manectric and Scizor are is the way to go as they allow Crawdaunt to safely switch(remove hyphen) in. Crawdaunt also appreciates Mega Manectric’s Intimidate to soften decrease the power of any incoming attacks onto it. Other teammates include Cobalion and Kommo-o, as since Crawdaunt can weaken their defensive answers to open up a late-game sweep.

GP 1/1

donezoed
add remove (comments)

Crawdaunt @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Crunch(add space)/(add space)Superpower
Crawdaunt has found a lot of rising popularity currently recently risen in popularity due to how its devastating its raw power is along with and its good matchup against common defensive cores like Hippowdon and Empoleon. The Choice Band pushes Crawdaunt’s offensive capabilities even farther further and allows it to single-(add hyphen)handedly 2HKO or OHKO almost the entire UnderUsed metagame. Lately, Superpower has even been used to remove Hydreigon, which is lured in by typical sets. Crawdaunt also loves the rising popularity of Spikes Offense due to the extra entry hazards chipping defensive Pokemon so that Crawdaunt can muscle through them. Superpower even finds itself on some Crawdaunt sets mainly to lure and remove Hydreigon. (this is really out of place) Crawdaunt’s most glaring flaws are its poor Speed and lackluster bulk,(AC) so pairing it with VoltTurn users such as Mega Manectric and Scizor are is the way to go as they allow Crawdaunt to safely switch(remove hyphen) in. Crawdaunt also appreciates Mega Manectric’s Intimidate to soften decrease the power of any incoming attacks onto it. Other teammates include Cobalion and Kommo-o, as since Crawdaunt can weaken their defensive answers to open up a late-game sweep.

GP 1/1
This is now finished. Thank you everyone!

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hey BackAtYouBro , I'm posting this soon. I know Crawdaunt isn't as used now but I can rephrase some stuff, just let me know if I should edit anything else (like Mega Mane -> Zeraora or something, idk)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)