(Choice Band) Rhyperior [QC 0/2]

ShootingStarmie

Bulletproof
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
[SET]
name: Choice Band
move 1: Earthquake
move 2: Stone Edge / Rock Blast
move 3: Heat Crash
move 4: Heavy Slam
item: Choice Band
ability: Solid Rock
nature: Adamant
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

[SET COMMENTS]
With access to great coverage with it's STAB attacks alone, and a tremendous Attack stat backed up by good physical bulk, Rhyperior is able to pull off a great Choice Band set. Rhyperior's Earthquake is one of the strongest in the entire tier, allowing Rhyperior to OHKO Toxapex and 2HKO Clefable and Amoonguss respectively. Stone Edge compliments Earthquake's coverage, hitting Flying and Grass-types that can absorb an Earthquake such as Mandibuzz and Rillaboom, as well as OHKOing Hydreigon after Stealth Rocks. Rock Blast can be considered over Stone Edge, as the increased accuracy and ability to break Substitutes can come in handy. Heat Crash provides Rhyperior a way to 2HKO Corviknight and Skarmory, as well as OHKOing Ferrothorn. Heavy Slam always OHKOs Clefable, and allows Rhyperior to hit Togekiss without having to rely on Stone Edge potentially missing. An Adamant nature is preferred on this set, nabbing crucial OHKOs and 2HKOs on key targets.

Rhyperior is best suited to bulky offense teams. Rhyperior is a strong wallbreaker that is able to check Electric and Fire-types such as Rotom-H and Volcarona, and should be treated as such. Bulky Steel-types such as Corviknight and Skarmory are immune to Earthquake, and can stall out Stone Edges with Roost. As such, strong special wallbreakers such as Magnezone, Kyurem, and Dragapult make for great partners. Dragapult in particular has excellent synergy with Rhyperior, enabling Dragapult to switch into Grass, Water, and Fighting-type attacks aimed at Rhyperior, and can clean up teams that have been weakened by Rhyperior. Rillaboom is able to to tank Earthquake thanks to Grassy Terrain, and can threaten Rhyperior back with a boosted Grassy Glide. As such, Tangrowth makes for a great teammate, as it has great synergy with Rhyperior, absorbing Water, Ground, and Grass type attacks aimed at Rhyperior, and can spread status to the enemy team, potentially creating more opportunities for Rhyperior to wallbreak. Togekiss is also able to take on Rillaboom, and appreciates Rhyperior's ability to absorb Rock and Electric-type attacks, making them good partners. Despite sharing a weakness to Ground-type attacks, Toxapex is a great partner to Rhyperior, easily absorbing Water and Fighting type attacks, while Rhyperior in return can take on Electric-type attacks such as Zeraora without Grass Knot and Rotom-H. Lastly, the previously aforementioned Skarmory and Corviknight make for great partners, as Rhyperior can absorb Electric and Fire-type attacks aimed at them, while in return they can absorb Grass and Ground-type attacks, while also providing support in the form of Defog and Spikes respectively.

[CREDITS]
- Written by: [[ShootingStarmie, 105816]]
- Quality checked by: [[username1, userid1], [username2, userid2]]
- Grammar checked by: [[username1, userid1]]

Last edited:

Arcueid

nah i'd win nah i'd win nah i'd win
is a Battle Simulator Moderator
I really love using CB Rhyperior rn, it's difficult for a lot of mons to switch into it. However, I would say Megahorn is a really good option on it as it allows you to catch Tangrowth's on the switch harder than Heat Crash does. I would usually drop Heavy Slam over Megahorn though.

For reference here's the calc of Megahorn on Tangrowth:
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tangrowth: 282-332 (69.8 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Also Heat Crash never OHKOs Ferrothorn, while Fire Punch has a chance:
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Heat Crash (60 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 272-324 (77.2 - 92%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Choice Band Rhyperior Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Ferrothorn: 340-404 (96.5 - 114.7%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO

Heat Crash's main purpose is to catch Skarm and Corvi on whom the BP of Heat Crash is 120 and 80 respectively.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)